Type keyword(s) to search

Wishlist: The 100 (or more) requests

(I've never created a new topic on these forums, so if I did something wrong, please correct me, mods!)

Anyway, season 2 is over, and while I, personally, consider this a terrific year of TV, probably my favorite so far of the shows I watch, there are quite a few things I'd change next year. So state your wishes, guys!

As for me:

- Slow down the crisis of the moment stuff. This is a common problem on many, many shows, but after s2, I hold The 100 to a higher standard. Give the characters time to breathe from time to time.

- Connected to that, please, more attention to the society of the survivors and how it's developing and changing. This is an essential part of any post-apocalyptic story, and something that didn't get much attention in s2 (although it's understandable why). I want to see how they function, how the teens interact with the adults, how they settle into a more peaceful existence, how they deal with everyday stuff and the ever-present threat of the Grounders.

- Stop victimizing Raven and give her a meaty storyline. Lindsey Morgan is one of the best actors in the cast, use her. I don't mind her romance with Wick - it's a convincing beta couple with nice banter - but she clearly can and should handle more.

- More development for the adults, Kane especially. I've started to like him more and more in s2, but he and Abbie both took a backseat to the central events. I think it's time for them to come back in force. I don't really care about romance, but there has been enough groundwork for them to hook-up, if the writers choose to. Realistically, there should be more sex going on, now that population control is no longer an issue.

- Don't waste too much time with Clarke on her own, or with new characters. I'd pair her with either Murphy or Lincoln by the end of season premiere, personally, but that's me.

• Love 3
Anyway, season 2 is over, and while I, personally, consider this a terrific year of TV, probably my favorite so far of the shows I watch, there are quite a few things I'd change next year. So state your wishes, guys!

-- Fewer Crazy Ivans, and by Crazy Ivans I mean it in the submarine sense of random hard turns in the story, like the stupid killer gorilla.  Remember the stupid bridge destruction that was going to keep all the grounders away from the drop ship -- that turned out to be nothing more than utter nonsense and didn't stop anyone from going anywhere.

-- story consistency be helpful -- like how everyone in the main casts has a magical ability to heal from any injury (Jasper's spear injury, everything that happened to Raven {gunshot, dead leg, multiple knife carvings, survived an explosion, de-marrowing}, Clarke's shredded arm and shoulder gunshot wound, etc.) while everyone else gets taken down by a single bullet or knife wound, or the acid fog that covered the entire woods near the dropship in Season 1 but then we find out Mt. Weather can only deploy it to a certain limit that's about a mile from the mountain or the nearly complete disappearance of the Reapers except for Lincoln yet they were a force to be feared or how travel has basically been reduced to 'Revolution' style nonsense.  250 mile walk from NY for D.C. over uneven terrain -- takes about a day

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

As far as I can recall, the bridge destruction in season 1 was only meant to slow the grounders down, not actually stop them.

And the wounds recovery and distance walked, eh, for me it's not interesting being realistic in this case.

My main wish is that Clarke doesn't stay separated from everyone for a long period of time. 

And my main concern is about the story they're going to come up with to explain what happened 97 years ago, because I think it has a lot of potential to be interesting, but it could also be lame as hell.

• Love 1

- Give Bellamy a bigger role. He took a bit of a backseat for a while this season. I understand that the show needed time to set up Mount Weather and Jasper's role there, show Finn go crazy and his death, introduce Lexa, and waste time on Jaha's search for the City of LIght, but I really missed Bellamy after getting so used to him being such a big part of season 1. 

- Get Lexa back for some episodes. I know this all depends on AMC, but Lexa is still in charge of the Grounders so it would be oddnot to see her. Unless the Grounders don't play much of a role next season. At least give us closure on her relationship with Clarke, if you can't keep her around. Maybe after the finale Clarke went to see Lexa at the Grounder capital.

- More development for Kane. He is by far the most interesting adult character. His role seemed relegated to "support" for this season, which disappointed me. Don't get me wrong, I love that he supported Clarke and even made scenes with Abby tolerable, but after he met Lexa I thought he was going to have an important part in negotiations with the Grounders. After all, wasn't she impressed by him after he tried to stop Jaha from killing her and when they thought one of them had to die he was willing for it to be him.

• Love 3

I agree about wanting to see Lexa - but only in 1 or 2 episodes. I really loved her character and want to see some closure with Clarke - but I vehemently protest against Clarke going now to look for her, and generally about Clarke ever truly forgiving her. She may - and should, really - understand Lexa and her reasoning, but forgiveness? The consequences of Lexa's choice forced Clarke to do something so incredibly painful she still cannot forgive herself. I can't imagine her forgiving Lexa, too.

I didn't add an arc for Bellamy to my list because I'm quite sure we'll get it either way. After all, he'll need to be interim leader for the teens of the Ark and to clash with Abbie and/or Kane, I think. I don't think he'll look for Clarke unless the whole people need her, however, otherwise it will be a re-tread of Finn's situation.

• Love 2

I agree about wanting to see Lexa - but only in 1 or 2 episodes. I really loved her character and want to see some closure with Clarke - but I vehemently protest against Clarke going now to look for her, and generally about Clarke ever truly forgiving her. She may - and should, really - understand Lexa and her reasoning, but forgiveness? The consequences of Lexa's choice forced Clarke to do something so incredibly painful she still cannot forgive herself. I can't imagine her forgiving Lexa, too.

I agree with that Clarke understanding, but not forgiving Lexa is the way to go next season. Maybe many episodes down the line forgiveness will be an option, but there would need to be a lot of development first.

The main reason I think Clarke might be able to forgive Lexa at some point, is because she does understand her. She knows that Lexa would do anything to protect her people, first and foremost. Clarke had another moment of realization with President Dante willing to do anything, including things he is against, to protect his people. Now that Clarke has done the same, she definitely understands that point of view. 

Another possibility is that she may forgive Lexa out of selfishness. Maybe Clarke realizes how much being on the ground has changed her and wants to be better than this world, try to reclaim a bit of her old self. The one that believed in giving people second chances. I could see that happening. After all, as her hallucination of her father once said: "Forgiveness isn't about what people deserve."

But forgiving Lexa anytime soon would be a mistake. Especially when there is drama to be milked out of it.

Edit:

- Next season I want more of the weird, irradiated creatures and weirdness of Earth. We saw the deer in the pilot, some sort of creature watching Octavia in the s2 premiere, and the sea creature in the finale. Maybe now that we are learning about how the world ended we will learn more about these things too.

Edited by Lord Kira
  • Love 1

- Better writing. Do not spend almost an entire season developing something and then blowing it up in one episode. Make me feel like I wasted my time.

- Less Raven torture pretty please.

- Less "very special shocking moments" (like the gorilla ottoDbusdriver mentioned). The seasons are only 16 episodes at most. We don't need that many filler episodes.

- Don't keep Clarke away from the main group for too long. 1 or 2 episodes (like in Buffy) to soul-search should be enough.

- I want to say less Jaha but that's not going to happen. However, since this is a wish list I'll add it anyway.

- Last but not least, make it more of ensemble show again i.e. can we not separate "The 100" so much again? Give them story-lines sure, but keep them in the same place.

Edited by kdm07
  • Love 1

One of my wishes already came true with the news that Richard Harmon is going to be a regular next season. I've always liked the actor but I really hated Murphy in the beginning (who didn't, right?) so to see how far that character has come is very cool.

• Love 4

As much as I'd like Clarke to be with the main group the Jaha plotline is in desperate need of more people and a forced partnership with Murphy could be interesting. If Clarke's with the main group then the show has to come up with a reason why she isn't doing the thing when she's proven herself capable of it while character X hasn't.

It would be nice to focus on the day to day survival of Camp Jaha and where the kids fit in rather than a looming external threat, at least for part of the season.   

I think the Lexa situation should simmer for a while, keep her presence on the show alive by having the other Grounders reference her but save her showing up until it can have the most impact. There needs to be a confrontation between Lexa and Clarke but imo it would work best as part of a over arching plot rather than being a plotline in itself. 

• Love 2

Definitely on the "Quit beating up poor Raven" train.  Let Lindsey Morgan do more then just show various stages of pain.

Go back into the Bellmay/Octavia relationship.  That was one of the few thing I liked about the still shaky season one, and I think there is a lot of potential now.  I'd like to see Bellamy have to realize that Octavia isn't the same person anymore, after her time with the Grounders, and go from there.

If S3 is going to start out with Clarke isolated from everyone else, at least have her do something worth value and, if she meets new people, have them be interesting.  Also, don't just have Abby being all "I have to find Clarke!!" again, because that's going to get tiring and Paige Turco deserves better.

Keep The Grounders in play.  Indra is still very interesting and I have to think her assist to Lincoln, means there is more to her.  And, of course, I really hope Lexa can make an appearance or two, whenever Alycia Debnam Carey isn't busy with this whole Walking Dead spin-off.

Finally, for the love of all things holy, please be going somewhere with Jaha's story-line.  The only reason I was barely invested in it was Murphy, but the entire City of Light plot, feels very silly to me.  Glad that Richard Harmon has been upgraded to a regular at least.

• Love 3

I am very leery when it comes to the AI plot, and already have concerns based on that one short scene (the effects of ALIE walking through the walls didn't seem to fit with a hologram or whatever that was supposed to be), so my #1 wish is to be pleasantly surprised by how they handle it. Ideally, not too much time per episode spent on Jaha and the Hologram.

Otherwise, more Raven. More Raven and Wick. More characters shouldering the load of leadership of the Ark/100. I could imagine Clarke being very gunshy of leadership when she returns (assuming she does), so I'd be perfectly content if it took her all season to be comfortable with that again. In that time, Bellamy, Abby, Kane, Octavia, even someone like Monty, could move into that position in various ways. Also, more time spent on character and relationship development; less time spent on the bomb/battle of the week.

What I think will happen next season:

* Clarke to encounter Emerson (the sole surviving Mountain Man) during her alone time. 

* Clarke to travel to Polis and meet Lexa again.  From what I gather the outlook for Alycia being able to do both this show and the Walking Dead spinoff looks pretty good, barring any silly contractual issues between the networks.

* The AI/Nuke storyline to be the over-arching plot-line of the season, like the Mountain Men were in Season2. 

However as far as what happens with the Sky People at Camp Jaha, I have no idea.  The melting pot of Bellamy, Jasper, Raven, Octavia, Lincoln, Abby and Kane could lead to any number of storylines. 

Few things I'd like to see:

• More Raven!!! And not just Raven getting hurt or Raven propping up the main storyline. I want Raven to get her own storyline. Or if not her own storyline at least more of a POV in whatever storyline she is in. We know the basics about her past (absent mother, Finn her only family) but we know few things about her. What are her dreams? What is her pet peeve? What other talents besides engineering does she have? Just. more. Raven.
  • More friendships. I do not want to show to be all about couples and I think they are doing a good job on that front but I need more friendships and platonic relationships. With all the drama it feels like those "smaller" interpersonal storylines tend to get forgotten. There was a reason that despite tumblr celebrating Raven and Clarke as besties, they needed to put Abby on the table in the finale to up the stakes for Clarke. Had they taken a little more time to nurture the friendship between those two, especially after what happened with Finn, then Raven getting drilled would have been enough to help drive Clarke over the edge. It's obvious the 100 have bonded over their experience on earth but they need to further develop those bonds if they want me to believe those kids would take arrows for each other on the regular.
  • Less Jaha. I like the idea of exploring the past, I even like the comic relief of Murphy (I still hate him tho) but their journey throgh the desert tended to drag. Just keep it shorter, especially when the story doesn't in some way affect the rest of the characters.
  • More 'little' survival problems. With the war going around there was obviously no time to waste on necessities in s2 but if I remember correctly, they were worried about winter coming in s1. Is the ark gonna be enough shelter from the weather for all of them? How are they gonna get food when it gets colder? What kind of herbs can they use as medicine since their supplies must be running out. I don't need huge storylines about these things but it'd be nice to get some mentions and small moments. Sometimes it feels like the show is too focused on the big, flashy moments. (More relaxed settings would also offer a great opportunity for those bonding and friendship scenes I wanna see more off.)
  • More Bellamy but I suppose we'll be getting that anyway. He's come a long way from his selfish ways in s1 but now I want to see him find his role in the group. Will he step up as the leader? Will he be handing authority back to the adults? Also tying in with this...
  • ...regrouping of the Ark people. Are they just gonna keep the rules from the Ark and continue to live under those? Seems kinda foolish so now that the war is over, I want them to take the time and figure out how to adapt as a clan/society on the ground.
  • Some kind of real purpose for Clarke's journey. I like that she's having trouble with her action. I LOVE that she is questioning how to be a good person compared to constantly seeing herself as the good guy in s1. But her wandering through the woods is gonna get old real fast unless they give her something specific to do. If they do, (which I think they will) I can handle her being away from the main group for a while. It'll do both of them some good because Clarke is a control freak and I wanna see the Ark people build a dynamic without her taking over and I want Clarke to explore herself and the new world without the drama of the Ark dynamics and her mother butting in.
  • More Lexa. Seems like the chances are good that the actress can come back so I would love to see her again and maybe see how the 12 clans reacted to not having a common enemy anymore. And of course it would be interesting to see how Clarke and Lexa deal with Lexa's betrayal. I think Clarke can understand Lexa's actions better than anybody on a rational level but seeing as they were not just allies, I'm guessing she's still hurt.
  • Love 1
More 'little' survival problems. With the war going around there was obviously no time to waste on necessities in s2 but if I remember correctly, they were worried about winter coming in s1. Is the ark gonna be enough shelter from the weather for all of them? How are they gonna get food when it gets colder? What kind of herbs can they use as medicine since their supplies must be running out. I don't need huge storylines about these things but it'd be nice to get some mentions and small moments. Sometimes it feels like the show is too focused on the big, flashy moments. (More relaxed settings would also offer a great opportunity for those bonding and friendship scenes I wanna see more off.)

About 3 or 4 episodes ago, Clarke and Lexa encountered snow in the hills outside of D.C. -- but that was completely forgotten about in the following episodes.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

Actually they can kill off Jaha as far as I'm concerned. He's outlived his usefulness.

Don't spend too much time with Clarke off on her own. I agree that it will get boring real fast.

More Clarke and Bellamy interacting, doesn't have to be romantic but they were separated for most of last season and I enjoy their scenes.

More Kane

I would like Octavia to finally feel as if she belongs somewhere. I want Bellamy to recognize how much she's grown while he was away.

• Love 1

My hopes for season 3:

•  Less Jaha.   Everytime his storyline was on, I wanted them to switch back to the 100.  I know the hologram and bomb he found will play a big part in the problems this season.  But, Jaha can die anytime now.  With everyone from the ark on the ground, I'd like to see more of them and less of him.

• Make Murphy apologize for being the turd that he has been since episode one.  I don't think he can be redeemed without some heartfelt mea culpas.  This is, of course, if he makes it back to his people from the ark.  Since the actor is now a regular, I'm sure he will make it back.

• Limit how long Jasper is going to sulk, whine, and make Monty pay for what went down in Mt. Weather.   It's okay if it lasts a couple of episodes, but, don't let it go on too long.  It will make Jasper unlikable.  And from the look on Monty's face as he headed into the camp, he feels bad enough.

• Get Clark back to the Ark people within the first three to four episodes, especially Bellamy.  Most shows would kill for actors with the chemistry that's between Liza Taylor and Bob Morley.   If Rothenberg doesn't want to do romance (YET), that's fine.  There are tons of things that need to be handled in the meantime.  These two are a real team and have such a strong bond.   Let them show the know-it-all adults how it's done. I'm looking at you Abby and Kane.

• Less focus on the grounders and more on surviving nature.  Lincoln is with the ark people now, so, he can help them learn the grounder's ways and help them survive the elements and wild animals.

• I know I'm in the minority on this one, but, little or no Lexa.  I couldn't stand the character, especially after her betrayal of the alliance.  Clark doesn't need closure with her.  She got that when Lexa and her people left the sky people to die in Mt. Weather.   If she has to come back, let it be to apologize, say goodbye, or die.   

• No legendary status for Clark.  I don't want her to be exalted and have the character be in danger of becoming a Mary Sue.   I want her to deal with her decisions last season, namely letting all of those people die at TONDC.  And please let her realize that she wasn't alone in her decision at Mt. Weather.   Bellamy is also responsible and it would not even have been possible without Monty.  The three of them have to come to terms with that situation.  Season two was getting a little ridiculous with everything falling to Clark to decide.   I know she is the main character, but, it wouldn't be good for everything to be all about Clark, all of the time. 

• Stop abusng Raven.  Poor cheated on, bleeding from the nose, shot, tortured Raven.  Lindsey Morgan has great comic timing, so, let's see some of that from her.  I also want to see Raven get her act together with Wick.  The guy is into her, unlike the last boyfriend.  Let her be happy for a little while.

• More Bellamy.  Since Bob Morley is now the top billed male on the show and pretty popular, I'm sure we will be getting more Bellamy.  I'd like to see him interact with Kane and Abby.  Maybe even have a say on whatever council they will have for making laws.  And when Clark comes back, she should be on the council, too.  There would be some natural conflict betwen the original 100 and the ark lawmakers.  Things are vastly different now that everyone is on the ground.
  • Love 3

So this is what the CW site has to say about season 3

For two seasons, the refugees of The 100 sent to Earth have been at war. First with themselves, then with the Grounders, and finally with Mount Weather. Many have lost their lives along the way. All have lost their innocence. They have learned the hard way that in the fight for survival, there are no heroes and no villains. There is only the living and the dead. But now the war is over. The battle against Mount Weather has been won. The prisoners have returned home to a world seemingly at peace, but can they find peace within themselves after what they had to do to escape? And is there more to life than just surviving? Unfortunately, their newfound sense of normalcy will be short-lived, and their lives will be changed forever, as threats both old and new test their loyalties, push them past their limits, and make them question what it truly means to be human. First, they fought to survive. Then, they fought for their friends. Now, they will fight for the human race.

I'm not sure how I feel about this whole "fighting for the human race" thing. I could use a season with more down time for the characters to breathe.

Well, it was kinda implied with the AI at the end, I didn't expect any less. And really, the whole show is about that. It doesn't preclude any downtime, although I don't see the show spending too much time on breather episodes, TBH (I'd love one, but not more).

• Love 1

I don't even want breather episodes, just more breather moments. I miss the characters interacting because most of them were apart for so long last season.

I mean, I guess it wasn't even for that long, but it sure felt like it.

• Love 3
(edited)

You guys already mentioned some things that would be awesome to see in S3, I'm particularly are hungry for these;

- Slow down the crisis of the moment stuff. This is a common problem on many, many shows, but after s2, I hold The 100 to a higher standard. Give the characters time to breathe from time to time.

- Connected to that, please, more attention to the society of the survivors and how it's developing and changing. This is an essential part of any post-apocalyptic story, and something that didn't get much attention in s2 (although it's understandable why). I want to see how they function, how the teens interact with the adults, how they settle into a more peaceful existence, how they deal with everyday stuff and the ever-present threat of the Grounders.

Go back into the Bellmay/Octavia relationship.  That was one of the few thing I liked about the still shaky season one, and I think there is a lot of potential now.  I'd like to see Bellamy have to realize that Octavia isn't the same person anymore, after her time with the Grounders, and go from there.

Finally, for the love of all things holy, please be going somewhere with Jaha's story-line.  The only reason I was barely invested in it was Murphy, but the entire City of Light plot, feels very silly to me.  Glad that Richard Harmon has been upgraded to a regular at least.

• More friendships. I do not want to show to be all about couples and I think they are doing a good job on that front but I need more friendships and platonic relationships. {cut}
  • More 'little' survival problems. With the war going around there was obviously no time to waste on necessities in s2 but if I remember correctly, they were worried about winter coming in s1. Is the ark gonna be enough shelter from the weather for all of them? How are they gonna get food when it gets colder? What kind of herbs can they use as medicine since their supplies must be running out. I don't need huge storylines about these things but it'd be nice to get some mentions and small moments. Sometimes it feels like the show is too focused on the big, flashy moments. (More relaxed settings would also offer a great opportunity for those bonding and friendship scenes I wanna see more off.)

Seriously some great points and things that would make season 3 very interesting.

Furthermore would like;

Murphy: More of him. Just more. He provides comedic relief to a show that doesn't allow its character (and therefore its viewers) to really stop and breath anymore. I am hoping he can help make the AI story line more interesting, because currently I really don't care.

Raven: Also want way more screen time for Raven, and especially unrelated to Wick. I feel like her disability story line got the short end of the stick as the season progressed. Furthermore Raven been through so much shit and I feel like the show hasn't really showed Raven truly dealing with any of those things. Let her also interact with more characters. Just what happened to the Raven/Abby interaction that seemed a bit mother/daugther-ish? How about letting Raven interact with more female characters? (I am not even sure she has really ever interacted with Octavia?)

Clarke: I want her to deal with all her choices but also the shit that has happened to her, and then work out where she will then go. Will she finally fully step into the role of leader, instead of more reluctantly doing it because she wants to protect people and not many others are stepping up or doing a mess of things? Or will she try to step back (probably not going to happen) and take a more supportive role? I have a feeling Clarke will end up smack dab in some conflict within 1-2 episodes without much mental and emotional baggage having been resolved.

Regarding Lexa, I don't want her to stay super pissed at Lexa forever because it will just make her look like a huge hypocrite. She forgave Bellamy pretty fast for trying to kill 2500ish Arkers just to save his own ass. There was no mitigating factor for his actions really either (such as saving 100's of your own people). So it would seriously bug if she holds a grudge for ages. The show also went to great pains to have all 3 sides (the Weatherites, Lexa, Clarke) make the same choice - that is pick their own people over every one else. I am expecting Clarke to be pissed, because she was betrayed and she ended up in horrible situation where she felt she had no choice but to do something terrible, but on some level she does also understand because she made the exact same decision.

Lincoln: I want him to get his own story line that is not centered heavily around Octavia. Show him interacting with other people. I enjoyed the few scenes we got with him and Bellamy. It was great to see him (and also Bellamy) play of each other. His character is in major need to be allowed to exist outside the romantic relationship of his character.

Bellamy: I want consequences for his actions in S1. He is my favorite male character after Murphy but his transformation from selfish dbag to hero, was super choppy and he skated by any proper consequences. This guy wanted 2500 Arkers to die in space thinking Earth inhabitable so he wouldn't face the consequences of shooting Jaha. That requires a serious level of selfishness, and the whole hallucinating etc. was just not enough for me to feel like it was a proper paced and organic transition. I would had liked a much smoother transformation and more showing of guilt throughout the season(s). As in they could at least had him showing it still weighed on his mind. Now several of the Arkers that are related or had personal relationships to the 320 that died during the Culling are in Camp Jaha, so I would like to see him confronted by just what his selfishness cost other people. Like see some emotional exploration and him working towards some sort of redemption. It would ring terribly false to me if he is some sort of hero and/or is able to step into a leadership position without any major push back considering his actions. I don't think most of them know Bellamy's role in the Culling, but he should still feel effected and if I remember right several of the adults are also aware(?)

Lexa: I want to see her Coalition implode on her. I get she makes the choices she thinks is best for her people - even when they don't agree - but with the decisions she has made it seems unrealistic if things won't backfire at some point. A Grounder Civil War would be a very interesting backdrop coming into S3, and would allow us to delve into more different aspects of Grounder society as the clans seems to have their own sub-culture, leadership structure and so on.

Kane and Abby: more of them working together and/or playing off each other. I think they are different enough that it is interesting to see them interact but not too different that it seems like they should be enemies.

Some Raven/Clarke, Raven/Octavia, Clarke/Octavia interaction also please. Bellamy/Octavia, Bellamy/Raven (I think they could create a frightening strong kickass duo) and well Bellamy anyone (though the Bellarke fandom has seriously soured me on Bellamy/Clarke interaction with the amount of grossness and hostility towards people whom ship them platonically), but particularly also Bellamy/Adults interaction, with him navigating being the remaining leader of the 100 in Camp Jaha. More Adults/The 100 interaction in general as well, and I would like if the plot lines involving them are more intertwined so we see them do stuff together. Instead of scenes almost being split into scenes featuring the 100 and scences featuring mostly the adults only, with few cross-overs.

Lastly more Monty and if possible kill off Jasper. Monty is far more interesting and I would like to see how a character like him deal with the world of the 100 more. I loved the glimpses we saw in S2 when he was asked just what the Weatherites were supposed to do (by Maya I think), and he said "just die". For character that seems soft of heart, there is a very intriguing edge to him, and I just really badly want to see more off him. Plus I think the actor for Monty is far better than say the guy who plays Jasper.

Edited by Gabe Torres
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yeah I agree with you on some points, I don't really think the show will kill Jasper soon though - but I do think it could be cool if his experiences on Mount Weather could gradually make him more bitter and cynical and maybe he'll eventually do something unexpected not so nice (but not to the extent of what Finn did). I do think I like Monty better though and I think I'd prefer if he got more focus than his (former?) friend.

Nice idea about the Grounder Civil War. It has been kinda foreshadowed last season, so it woul not be an ass pull, plus personally, I see Lexa as a tragic character who will probably die eventually after redeeming herself to Clarke (mostly because of that seemingly throw-away phrase about the spirit of Grounder leader or whatever).

Edited by FurryFury

Well, one of wishes has already come true - Lexa (Alycia) is returning. As far as I'm concerned as long as Alycia wants to do the show and AMC allows her to - she should remain on the canvas.

I anticipate a great show down between Lexa and Clarke, and would like to see their relationship/friendship continue but it should be on the back burner for now since there are more pressing issues at hand.

From various spoilers that are out right now - a lot of the stuff that I want to learn about will be in season 3. More about the Grounders overall history, how the world got destroyed and the AI.

Although, this season will be Grounder history & AI - I envisioned one day a Grounder civil war might happen if

1. The 12 clans dissolve since their mortal enemy no longer exist

2.  Lexa's actions during TonDC come to light

I like the idea of a Grounder civil war and I could see Lexa's coalition falling apart because of her actions on Mt. Weather. The Grounders seem very 'Eye For An Eye' driven and she denied them vengeance against the Weatherites. Plus the other Grounder tribes might wonder if she'd desert them in the middle of battle as she did the Sky People. 

I'm surprised the Grounders don't start joining Clarke, she did what she said she was going to do, kill all the mountain men. While their leader ran away. 

Edited by Sakura12

I'm surprised the Grounders don't start joining Clarke, she did what she said she was going to do, kill all the mountain men. While their leader ran away. 

That is incorrect? The plan laid out by Clarke pushes for minimal blodshed (she is trying to be the good guy).

In the begining of 2x15 Clarke said the plan was to make a huge ruckos at the front door, while Indra etc. sneaked inside to the place with the Prisoners - where Bellamy, the 44 kids and drained Grounders should had been waiting. Then while the MW people were distracted, they would sneak out, and then they would retreat and be home "before MW would even know they were gone".

They never intended to invade Mount Weather and kill them all per the plan laid out. Main problem with the plan, besides being a bad one, is that everything went wrong. E.g. a bunch of the 44 kids got captured and placed in a secure barricaded location, Cage sent down guards to the Prison Chamber thus 'recapturing some of the few 44 kids there and all the grounders/gaining hostages, Emerson went out to negociate those lives with Lexa, Raven and Wick got captured at the dam and so on.

The plan was to go get their people, where Lexa succeeded as managed to get hers by taking the deal and minimize her losses. Very likely if she refused refused the deal, MW would just had killed off the prisoners inside since they had no use for them. That  would probably made some Grounders angry with her.  I think if the Grounders would start to follow Clarke, it would probably have to do with her overall record of "taking out the enemy". I am sure some Grounders will definitely look sideways at Lexa for not somehow taking out the MM and Clarke managing to do it, but Clarke is also an outsider. Not to mention the Sky People are overall not very popular among the Grounders, what with being invaders and the conflicts they have had. The Grounders also seem very tied into their clans, where as Clarke is just a person from a people that are more like the MM than Grounder.

Edited by Riful

My wish for S3: the grounders stop being Aggro Assholes like all the time every episode. I only like two of them Lincoln who disavows them, and Lincoln's healer bro friend Ryko. Their word means shit and I have no idea why anyone ever makes any deals with them ever. 

• Love 1

I didn't say Clarke appreciates it. The Grounders would. The mountain men have been their enemy for years. Clarke of the Sky people took them all down in a few months.

She's probably at mythical status now. And considered dangerous.

I do think Clarke is angry at Lexa for abandoning her, but it's also over now and nothing can change what she did.

Edited by Sakura12

Right, nothing can change what Lexa did, and I don't think Clarke would reach a level of forgiveness, let alone trust, that would allow her to be with Lexa again romantically, especially so soon. If she does, that would indicate to me that JR's stated feelings about shipping just referred to certain ships. That would be a pretty clear sign of a ship guiding story, not the other way around, IMO, and he's allegedly actively against that. We'll see, I guess!

• Love 2

I didn't say Clarke appreciates it. The Grounders would

I guess I misinterpreted your comments, you countered a statement that Clexa was problematic in light of a betrayal, by saying Clarke's probably now revered by the Grounders, I just don't see how Clarke being mythically admired by Grounders ameliorates the betrayal by Lexa, or should make a viewer like myself more amenable to seeing a continuation of Clarke-Lexa's romance.

For the record, clearly they will have more story and should, but I will be ticked if Clarke is pissed off about the betrayal for all of five minutes and then shrugs it off in light of new bigger problems and the next thing you know their macking again. I do like the idea that she might unseat Lexa entirely (as well as jettison their reincarnation ideas) though as leader of the Grounders and truly unite what is left of humanity on Earth. I am glad to hear she'll have another person to blow off all that steam with though, lord knows Clarke needs some ME time.

I am also very worried about Raven, I fear they are giving her some addiction arc.

• Love 3

Clexa reunited in a romantic way is the only thing that could make me quit the show. It just feels very OOC for Clarke. I could buy a kiss from Clarke when Lexa's dying, not much more.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 3

The trailer showed Clarke decked in full Grounder gear walking through a doorway like a badass. Maybe she's given a Commander post. She is after all the one that defeated their enemy.

I do think Clarke is attracted to Lexa, but hopefully she is pissed at being abandoned and doesn't want to hook up with her. 

Normally, I'm in agreement with that kind of statement--I think writers should veer toward what works best on screen vs. what they want to work--but tbh the only person I've ever seen NOT have chemistry with Clarke was Finn. So I'm perfectly content to leave Clarke/Lexa in the past, if that's what makes most story sense, and move on to any number of other options--including no one at all, for a season. I think she has a lot of chemistry with Bellamy, and the show kept them separated for almost all of last season. Or she can get with Raven, the best of all possible worlds. :) 

• Love 3

Throwing away character actions for the sake of chemistry is a huge mistake. The writers of this show have already shown that they are better than that. Their characters value human life and suffer consequences of their actions. To do a reversal would be really disappointing. I've come to expect better from this show.

• Love 4

Chemistry between the actors shouldn't be the only thing that matters. Story should come first and foremost, most shows forget about that to please shippers because it increases their marketing (more than the ratings).

I don't mind shipping as long as it makes sense and doesn't become the most important part of a show. I believe Clarke is attracted to Lexa but after what Lexa did she should want to keep her at a distance. The trust has to be earned back before anything else happens and I don't think it will. 

• Love 3

I can totally see Clarke playing Lexa just to stab her in the back, honestly

I could actually get behind this. Maybe. I don't know. I want Clarke to at least continue to have good intentions. But a story like this could fit with her becoming more ruthless about survival.

And I would not mind a Clarke/Raven storyline. I sort of ship Clarke/Bellamy, but I love their friendship and working relationship and I'd hate to see a romance ruin that. So I'm perfectly fine if Bellarke just lives through fic and gifs.

• Love 3

I'm the complete opposite. I do not want Clarke/Bellamy to happen because it would be another cliché to join the long list of clichés on the CW. As for Clarke/Lexa? It would take something huge and life-changing for Clarke to even go down that route again so I'm not expecting it to happen.

Mostly I just want Clarke to find a way to understand and move on from her actions or find some form of peace.

I can totally see Clarke playing Lexa just to stab her in the back, honestly

I don't see this happening either. If anyone can understand doing something that drastic for their people, it's Lexa. As I said above, forgiveness is unlikely but I wouldn't be surprised if an understanding was reached by the end of S3.

Edited by kdm07

I'm the complete opposite. I do not want Clarke/Bellamy to happen because it would be another cliché to join the long list of clichés on the CW. As for Clarke/Lexa? It would take something huge and life-changing for Clarke to even go down that route again so I'm not expecting it to happen.

Mostly I just want Clarke to find a way to understand and move on from her actions or find some form of peace.

I don't see this happening either. If anyone can understand doing something that drastic for their people, it's Lexa. As I said above, forgiveness is unlikely but I wouldn't be surprised if an understanding was reached by the end of S3.

I agree with the first paragraph completely. It is nice to see the cliché of the 2 leads ending up romantically together avoided. That said Taylor and Morley have awesome chemistry on screen so I'd like to see them interact either as co-leaders or antagonising each other more often than in S2. The co-leading aspect is a particularly interesting angle to me.

Now regarding Carke and Lexa, I am not saying Clarke wouldn't play Lexa for her own strategic reasons. Clarke knows Lexa feels something for her, I can see her use it later if needed for the interest of her people, whoever they may be. Lexa's betrayal is what forced Clarke to go through the genocide of Level 5, I don't see Clarke putting it under the rug completely.

• Love 1

I'm the complete opposite. I do not want Clarke/Bellamy to happen because it would be another cliché to join the long list of clichés on the CW.

The opposite of what?

And I don't think Clarke/Bellamy would be a cliche at all. Their relationship has gone from antagonistic to one where they respect each other and work well together, but there has literally not been one iota of will they/won't they or anything like that.

But like I said, I can see how the relationship could suck the good from the show, so if it doesn't happen I'm OK with that.

• Love 3

The opposite of what?

And I don't think Clarke/Bellamy would be a cliche at all. Their relationship has gone from antagonistic to one where they respect each other and work well together, but there has literally not been one iota of will they/won't they or anything like that.

But like I said, I can see how the relationship could suck the good from the show, so if it doesn't happen I'm OK with that.

Sorry, I didn't word that first bit right, it wasn't the opposite of what you had posted.

As for clichés...YMMV but bad boy with a heart of gold wins the girl's heart? Seen that more than I've cared to have seen happen.

Edited by kdm07
  • Love 1