Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Tell All, Part 1

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Granny58 said:

translate to Brown-speak:  "hard to take Kody serious."

Duly noted.  Serious question: How on earth do these people not speak properly (or at least better) after all these years on TV?  If I played back tape of myself sounding like a uneducated moron year after year on my long-running reality show, you can bet I would dill with the issue and improve!

• Love 7

Tell all told nothing as usual.  Watching a little of the Janelle hour and I don't know how they can leave out that she was married to Meri's brother.  Still don't understand if Meri and Kody went into their marriage knowing they would be polygamists.  If so, Janelle totally saw her sister in law's man, liked what she saw and wanted in, she practically said it!   

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Tell all told nothing as usual.  Watching a little of the Janelle hour and I don't know how they can leave out that she was married to Meri's brother.  Still don't understand if Meri and Kody went into their marriage knowing they would be polygamists.  If so, Janelle totally saw her sister in law's man, liked what she saw and wanted in, she practically said it!   

Yes, they went into the marriage as polygamists.  Kody told the story of having a lot of deep conversations with Meri's father (he had 5 wives if I remember correctly) and her father insisted that his permission for them to marry was fully resting on Kody's promise to live the Principle. Meri wanted Kody...she agreed to polygamy, but learning about her personality through the years, she just isn't cut out for it.  Honestly, what woman really is?

Janelle once stated in a flippant way that she is in a religion that does not limit a woman's choice of who they marry...even if that man is married.  This was during that "discussion" between the Browns and Christine's Aunt who is a anti-polygamist activist and the young girl from the Kingston group (she's also on the Escaping Polygamy show...I can't remember her name...).  I have always thought that the reason Janelle converted to polygamy from mainstream LDS is simply because she wanted Kody, and that was the only way to get him.

• Love 15

Just finished watching the episode...I really really wish that we could have seen Kody raging about Mykelti and Tony when he said "What did they do, fall out of the stupid tree and hit every stupid branch on the way down!!??"  That made me laugh pretty loud.  And of course Christine trying her hardest to "keep sweet" saying "...no, no they were naive..."

What the sam hell was Meri wearing!?  I've never heard of LulaRoe before it came into play with Meri, but if she is trying to do some product placement she needs to think again...that was just horrid.  AND it makes her hips and stomach look bigger than I think it really is, especially when she is sitting on the couch. Meri doesn't want to sit on the couch next to Janelle because she is afraid people will start comparing their sizes.  Robyn looks quite miserable as well.  And...sorry ladies...don't bring up "being mad" and "venting strongly" unless you are willing to discuss it.  You look like a moron sitting there pretending to not have even a little clue why on earth you were so angry/frustrated, why you were raging and venting on any poor soul close enough to rage on, and then...oh my...I just can't remember what on earth would make me react in that way... >>insert eye roll<<

The interviewer?  Wow...not sure what rock they dug her from under, but she looked and acted bored, I'm not even sure she was following along with the answers for any impromptu follow ups because her eyes were glazed over.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

What the sam hell was Meri wearing!?  I've never heard of LulaRoe before it came into play with Meri, but if she is trying to do some product placement she needs to think again...that was just horrid.  AND it makes her hips and stomach look bigger than I think it really is, especially when she is sitting on the couch. Meri doesn't want to sit on the couch next to Janelle because she is afraid people will start comparing their sizes.

I KNEW that was LuLaRoe!  I don't follow any of these jokers on social media, so I had no idea that she had thrown her hat into the patterned leggings ring.  You don't have to be Giorgio Armani to realize that multi-colored leggings printed with tiny high-heeled shoes or zoo animals are going to be pretty unforgiving for the larger gal (I am one, so there's no hating going on here).  Sometimes I swear that no one in that cul-de-sac owns a full-length mirror.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 5

I just re-watched the segment with the older kids.  Hunter is asked about his future military career and he says he is "thinking about it".  I don't know much of anything about how the military works with the military schools, but with him being in the USAF Academy I might be stepping on a limb to say that a military career is kind of what graduates do.  Am I wrong?  Can you go to that school and then NOT have a military career, at least for a shorter time than the usual 20 years life service?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I just re-watched the segment with the older kids.  Hunter is asked about his future military career and he says he is "thinking about it".  I don't know much of anything about how the military works with the military schools, but with him being in the USAF Academy I might be stepping on a limb to say that a military career is kind of what graduates do.  Am I wrong?  Can you go to that school and then NOT have a military career, at least for a shorter time than the usual 20 years life service?

My understanding, which could be wrong, is that Hunter is at a military type school but not the USAF Academy. If it really is at the Academy, then yes - he has to have at least a certain amount of career in the service. At the academies after their sophomore year they either sign the commitment or they leave the school. But I don't think Hunter is at the USAF Academy. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I think she was asking him about a long term career, not if he would be in the military at all.

• Love 1

If I played back tape of myself sounding like a uneducated moron year after year on my long-running reality show, you can bet I would dill with the issue and improve!

The Brown Clowns look in a mirror (not a full length one obviously) and see a tribe of articulate, fascinating Reality Stars who are universally adored and emulated for their superlative communication skills and style.  Why would they need to change anything when they are Perfect Polygamists.  No need to improve on perfection.

Idiots.

• Love 8

Little off topic here but did anyone else notice how filthy the bottom of Janelle's feet were when her & Kody were mattress shopping?  It showed them trying out the mattresses & luckily they had the runner things across the bottom of the bed to prevent dirtying the mattress (even tho at times her feet looked like they were above the runner.)  It looked like she had walked barefoot across the parking lot. Yuck!!

Speaking of feet & shoes....  I missed the wedding episode (horrors!) .  What kind of shoes did Maddie wear at her wedding?  On the flashbacks, they looked a little different like being more casual than dressy. Just wondering.....

• Love 3

I know we jokingly call these season enders 'Tell Nothings' but I think this installment qualifies for something even a step below or maybe above that (not sure which). This was like aggressively nothing, if that is possible. I actually felt like I lost information and knowledge just watching this, not just my time. 

Could that interviewer have been any more inept and anemic?

I never realized this before but Hunter looks a bit like Jesse Plemons from Breaking Bad and Fargo season 2. 

Christine you know damn good and well why you were mad at Kody. Crying and weeping over something small and petty? Yeah right. Christine may come across as a bit flighty but I have never thought any issues she raised with Kody and/or the other wives seemed petty, including the blowout over Kody's friend joke about polygamy. This is interesting since many have been saying all season how happy and content Christine has seemed. My guess is that it had to do with Kody giving his blessing to Mykelti and Meatwad  in direct contradiction to what he and Christine had discussed earlier. Christine seemed completely like WTF?!!? that episode.

Their therapist Nancy must be making a small fortune off these idiots. 

Caleb's cheeks  are gigantic. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I never realized this before but Hunter looks a bit like Jesse Plemons from Breaking Bad and Fargo season 2.

He does! I thought the same thing before. More Fargo (puffy) than BB (dead eyes). 

• Love 2

I just saw it and thought, what the hell, Meri? You're working on your relationship, you love those kids, you're not going anywhere. Ok, stay in your house, sell more leggings and continue a pretend happiness with Kody while you try to repair 10 years of miscommunication.

And her outfit was WAY too Lu La Large. I don't understand why she did not wear something styled for her complexion and physique. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

My understanding, which could be wrong, is that Hunter is at a military type school but not the USAF Academy. If it really is at the Academy, then yes - he has to have at least a certain amount of career in the service. At the academies after their sophomore year they either sign the commitment or they leave the school. But I don't think Hunter is at the USAF Academy. 

When they first mentioned him attending on their twitter accounts they said he was going to the USAF Academy, but then redacted that because he was actually accepted into the USAF Prep School, but then the following year I remember them saying that he is now going to the Academy.  His Instagram is private but it states this at the small part that is shown.

https://www.instagram.com/hunter_elias01/

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

Duly noted.  Serious question: How on earth do these people not speak properly (or at least better) after all these years on TV?  If I played back tape of myself sounding like a uneducated moron year after year on my long-running reality show, you can bet I would dill with the issue and improve!

This doesn't bug me at all, I can totally dill with it. I studied linguistics in college and local dialects/differences in pronunciation are normal. I'm originally from the midwest--the Browns' pronunciation is pretty mild compared to what my back-home peeps sound like:).

• Love 5

I just looked at the LuLaRoe web page.  I know I'm not a fashionista, but there are a lot of pretty ugly clothes there.  Is this really what is popular today?  (If so, I'll just stay 'old fashioned').

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Little off topic here but did anyone else notice how filthy the bottom of Janelle's feet were when her & Kody were mattress shopping?  It showed them trying out the mattresses & luckily they had the runner things across the bottom of the bed to prevent dirtying the mattress (even tho at times her feet looked like they were above the runner.)  It looked like she had walked barefoot across the parking lot. Yuck!!

Speaking of feet & shoes....  I missed the wedding episode (horrors!) .  What kind of shoes did Maddie wear at her wedding?  On the flashbacks, they looked a little different like being more casual than dressy. Just wondering.....

Yes! I'm always horrified when they show their feet.  Always dirty & during the therapy session Kody's  feet were on display &  looked  like he has a softball growing out of the side of his foot.

For the sake of sanity...those feet should be covered under the "modesty" rules. 

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 7

Maddie was pissed that the focus was mostly on Tony & Mykelti...as she sat there obviously showing. 

Everyone knows that she's pregnant. Saving that for next season is silly.

It's like the last Tell All. Kody mentioned "Baby sister" was 4 months old...so that was filmed in May. But they decided to interview Christine alone about Mykelti...as if Kody & the rest of the fambly were locked in the $64,000 question soundproof booth...because they "didn't know" at the time  & would be "surprised" about the information during the first episode this season (that was  filmed before that Tell All).  

2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

When they first mentioned him attending on their twitter accounts they said he was going to the USAF Academy, but then redacted that because he was actually accepted into the USAF Prep School, but then the following year I remember them saying that he is now going to the Academy.  His Instagram is private but it states this at the small part that is shown.

https://www.instagram.com/hunter_elias01/

He completed the year at the Prep school and transitioned to the USAF Academy.

In exchange for USAF Academy education/boarding/stipend, one has to commit to 8 years of service (can be 5 years active duty and 3 years inactive reserves).  If Hunter quits the Academy, he will either be sent into the Air Force as an enlisted or pay the USA back (unless he received a medical or hardship discharge).

http://www.academyadmissions.com/commitment/

Hunter seems really wishy-washy for someone who just spend a year in Prep.  WTF.  Must have a girlfriend who is itching to become a bride?

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 2

I really hate how they get introduced as "Kody Brown and his sister wives."  I mean, I don't like any of these women, but they're human beings and they have names.

That's as far into the episode as I've managed to get.  :)

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, camom said:

Well, if Hunter is indeed at the AF Academy in Colorado, I for one am impressed.  Not easy to get in there.

I agree.  The academies are super selective.  Good for Hunter!

• Love 4

Vaguely listened to the second hour while I was working, and caught one thing of interest (relatively speaking of course, my standards were pretty low by that point).

They were discussing that time Kody commented about him and Janelle being like guy buddies, and of course he tries to backtrack. Then Janelle says "That does not mean our relationship is platonic."   Was surprised to hear her say that, she usually clutches her pearls if anyone mentions anything remotely related to s-e-x. Wonder if she's seen the speculation about their relationship?

Personally, I don't want to think about any of them boning. Shudder...

• Love 7
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

In an effort to stay awake through the bits that I did watch, I created a checklist in my mind.  Happy to announce that the Sister Wives did not disappoint:

Kody's 100-yard "duhhhhhhhh" stare - check.  Kody's hair looking stupider than usual - check.  Robyn wiping an eye booger, Meri "dilling" and "filling," Christine doing her breathy little girl whispery thing - check, check, check.  Janelle sitting in a decidedly un-ladylike fashion - check.  The "interviewer" (and I use that term loosely) not asking anything of merit?  Check-a-roo.  Catfish re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-hash?  CHECK.

And what was Meri wearing on her feet?  They looked like gray pull-on slippers.

Christine pretending to not remember why she was so mad at Kody that she took it out on poor Robyn was laughable.  She's a horrible actress.

Shut up, Robyn.

This is a remarkably comprehensive and accurate summary.

I would only add:

Christine: "I trust Meri...way more than last year."

A ringing endorsement!

• Love 11

Two things that stood out for me:

1)  Remember when Tony said that the Browns could get a home equity loan against the house to pay for Mykelti's wedding, and they all went on Twitter to say he was kidding?  We all knew it wasn't a joke, but it was confirmed on the Tell-Nothing, as they all sort of rolled their eyes at how "naive" Tony & Mykelti are for suggesting something so silly.

2)  Speaking of money, I really didn't like Christine's answer to the question about paying for so many weddings.  She said they're counting on some of the kids going real low-key, or not doing anything at all.  That is such bad financial planning, not to mention bad parenting. 

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 7

Because I am sad and was hugely procrastinating on my homework, I clicked this on late last night. At least it helped me write a draft of my essay....

Did anyone else notice, for the five of you who actually watched the second hour, that Meri was giving absolutely no pretenses of caring one whit about Janelle? I actually caught her rolling eyes, completely ignoring the conversation, not following anything, not chiming in AT ALL. Normally they are passive aggressive with one another but this was pretty blatant and felt exceptional. She really truly loathes Janelle. 

And yeah Christine was well full of it when she choked out why she couldn't recall her anger with Robyn - as Robyn tried to squeeze some more tears out of her increasingly-widening face. Those women are looking really rough lately. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Yes, that grossed me out so much!!!!!! But then again, I have a bit of a phobia where feet are concerned and really only tolerate my own (which are relatively cute for being a dancer, pointe and all) and my husband's. But the crustiness on the bottom of her peddies was both apparent and unappreciated.

Interestingly enough, I believe Maddie wore foot jewelry for her wedding - she didn't actually wear shoes :o Outdoors, in the woods, down the aisle, etc. It horrified me, but I also have a history of splinters and foot injuries :(

Edited by IvyDancer
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

On dysfunctional familes and the evils of polygamy?  Plenty of fodder with the Brown Clowns.

Unfortunately no, though I do dabble in armchair psychology every now and again. I'm studying art history at the moment, so I was waxing philosophically about Medieval and Renaissance female artists and their subjects. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

Self improvement, self awareness or introspection are not in the Browns' wheelhouse.  Scheming, coveting what another wife may have and patting themselves on the back for just being swell is more their style.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

He completed the year at the Prep school and transitioned to the USAF Academy.

In exchange for USAF Academy education/boarding/stipend, one has to commit to 8 years of service (can be 5 years active duty and 3 years inactive reserves).  If Hunter quits the Academy, he will either be sent into the Air Force as an enlisted or pay the USA back (unless he received a medical or hardship discharge).

Thank you CofCinci!  I didn't think someone could go to the Academy and graduate then skip away with a "Thanks!!  I just wanted the education...not a military career.  I'm off to make my family now!"

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, IvyDancer said:

Yes, that grossed me out so much!!!!!! But then again, I have a bit of a phobia where feet are concerned and really only tolerate my own (which are relatively cute for being a dancer, pointe and all) and my husband's. But the crustiness on the bottom of her peddies was both apparent and unappreciated.

Interestingly enough, I believe Maddie wore foot jewelry for her wedding - she didn't actually wear shoes :o Outdoors, in the weds, down the aisle, etc. It horrified me, but I also have a history of splinters and foot injuries :(

She slipped on very flat sandals that had a strap between toes and around ankle then added anklets(s) with trinkets. I forgot what was theme again boho something ? 

• Love 1

I didn't take it that Hunter wasn't planning on completing his obligatory service.  The question surrounded him making the military his career, and his response impressed me (although it made the Brown family look terrible again).  He said that he wanted his kids to have a more stable home than he could provide in the military, ie: moving all the time.   Clearly, the instability provided by the Brown clowns is still with him.

• Love 8

Well, we got almost through the first hour and then I just had to stop watching. MrsSmith is going to have to finish that pair of episodes on her own. The level of unmitigated bullshit they were spewing coupled with the naked display of their heightened level of special snowflake-ness put me over the edge. I'm so sick of them acting like the things they do because they're polygamists are so much different from a regular, monogamous family. And I'm fed up with them pretending that polygamy works. Given the level of dysfunction between those five adults, it's a wonder that any of their kids can be considered to be any value of "normal" and "functioning" when they grow up. The segment where they discussed Christine and Robin's spat when Christine was angry with Kody really irritated me. They can't imagine how one wife can avoid taking it out on the other wives. Well, here's how: GROW. THE. FUCK. UP. If you're at all emotionally mature, you're able to separate your feelings for one person from your feelings for another person. Of course, the problem for these people is they aren't emotionally mature. Their emotional growth was stunted by being in a polygamous marriage and they're all functionally emotionally 19 - and they act like they're juuuuuuuust out of high school, too! And Meri's segment on the catfishing thing. She admitted she was planning to leave (though, not for Sam because - of course! - she knew he wasn't real; yeah, ok, just keep telling yourself that) and the host semi-confronted her about how she'd previously (years ago) said she would never leave and asked her how she reconciles the two things. I don't remember what she said, but I'm sure it was some type of bullshit. Finally, I am just so sick and tired of Janelle sitting around like she's Jabba the Hutt. Seriously, paint her skin green and Han can step on her tail again!

The only thing in the entire episode that I'm willing to give them props for is when they admitted they were angry at Mykelti and Tony for saying they should get a home equity loan to pay for their wedding. That's it. The entire rest of the episode was typical Brown shuckin-and-jivin, except on a massive scale since it's a Tell Nothing.

• Love 8

Finally, I am just so sick and tired of Janelle sitting around like she's Jabba the Hutt. Seriously, paint her skin green and Han can step on her tail again!

Can someone make a photoshop of Janelle as Jabba and Kody as Slave Leia?

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

And her outfit was WAY too Lu La Large. I don't understand why she did not wear something styled for her complexion and physique. 

Mustard is a color that works on a very select few humans.  I have a friend who can pull it off, but she has red hair and green eyes.  So Meri (and the Duggar girls)?  Do everyone a favor and STEP AWAY from the MUSTARD.

I actually spent more time trying to figure out what Meri was wearing than listening to what she was saying...mustard cardigan over a lace top over a patterned black and white shirt?  Was that two layers or three?  And I still don't know what she was wearing on her feet - gray booties?  Oh, Meri.  Just no.

12 hours ago, b2H said:

So now next week is the season finale?????  How much more false advertising will they subject us to??

But -- what??  Wait - I don't think the catfish situation has been resolved yet!!  We need to hear more about how Meri is dilling and filling!  It can't be over!!

• Love 7
16 hours ago, camom said:

I just looked at the LuLaRoe web page.  I know I'm not a fashionista, but there are a lot of pretty ugly clothes there.  Is this really what is popular today?  (If so, I'll just stay 'old fashioned').

I thought LLR was something people wore while lounging at home or on a long flight. As far as the dresses and long patterned tops, I can see using one LLR piece in an outfit to give it some pop, but mixing colors and patterns needs to be well thought out.  Some of the outfits on their page looks like a 3 year old chose them. 

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Mustard is a color that works on a very select few humans.  I have a friend who can pull it off, but she has red hair and green eyes.  So Meri (and the Duggar girls)?  Do everyone a favor and STEP AWAY from the MUSTARD.

I actually spent more time trying to figure out what Meri was wearing than listening to what she was saying...mustard cardigan over a lace top over a patterned black and white shirt?  Was that two layers or three?  And I still don't know what she was wearing on her feet - gray booties?  Oh, Meri.  Just no.

But -- what??  Wait - I don't think the catfish situation has been resolved yet!!  We need to hear more about how Meri is dilling and filling!  It can't be over!!

Mustard looks good on olive skinned, dark haired people too--which Meri is not, despite the overuse of spray tan and bronzer.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Guys, I think I may need medical attention.  I didn't hate this episode.  Plus, I seemed to sense a few little bubbles of truth make it to the surface before being backpedaled away/talked over.

I need help dillingk with these feelingks!

Just Meri's body language and cold hard stares shows quite a lot toward how she is dillink with her fiillinks!  Her foot is wiggling so hard that even in her facial close ups you can see her head swaying.  Just like Dorothy in Wizard of Oz, Meri is wiggling her grey footey slippers saying inside her head.."there is no place like my wet bar, there is no place like my wet bar..."

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Guys, I think I may need medical attention.  I didn't hate this episode.  Plus, I seemed to sense a few little bubbles of truth make it to the surface before being backpedaled away/talked over.

I need help dillingk with these feelingks!

My fillingks are much the same as yours. I enjoyed that Kody actually told the truth and said he was pissed about the home loan comment made by FT. As opposed to the lies they all told on Twitter when they said it was a joke. 

It was interesting that Christine admitted that she is batshit crazy, screams and yells when she's angry at Kody and then takes it out on everyone else. If she can't remember what Kody did to make her lose her damn mind then it must not have been that bad. She's just a psycho. 

I honestly fill like Kody dills with things pretty well. I couldn't imaging being tugged in as many directions as he is and still being able to keep my emotions in check. Hell, I can't even have my boyfriend over when my girls are here because I fill like Im being pulled in different directions, and that's just in my own head. What if it were 4 wives and 18 children? Seriously how is he coping? Why would any man want to do this? It seems like the stress would kill him but he can still form a coherent sentence and he honestly does try to validate all the fillinks.

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 1