Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Tell All, Part 1

• Start Topic

The Brown Family sits down to discuss this season's celebrations, confessions and best moments, from weddings, to catfishing and stories of coming out.

Let me fix that. "The Brown Family sits down to evade questions about everything. Since the audience has already seen several episodes and clip shows on the ONE wedding, there is nothing to talk about. The Catfishing situation has been talked and lied about to death, so yeah, nothing there. And there is only one story of coming out, so not sure why TLC has that listed as plural. But, go Mariah! Shut up Meri!"

And this is only Part 1. And it's two hours.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Let me fix that. "The Brown Family sits down to evade questions about everything. Since the audience has already seen several episodes and clip shows on the ONE wedding, there is nothing to talk about. The Catfishing situation has been talked and lied about to death, so yeah, nothing there. And there is only one story of coming out, so not sure why TLC has that listed as plural. But, go Mariah! Shut up Meri!"

And this is only Part 1. And it's two hours.

This is why these people are really starting to bore me. Unless Meri says something like "F-you Kody, I'm outta here", its going to be the same old crap.

• Love 3

Okay, here's the deal.  Somebody in the eastern time zone has to take one for the team and watch this mess.  Then, if anything good (or even mildly interesting) happens, the rest of us can watch it in our time zones, or we can record it.

Which means, I think, that most of us can watch Victoria without bothering to record SW.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Okay, here's the deal.  Somebody in the eastern time zone has to take one for the team and watch this mess.  Then, if anything good (or even mildly interesting) happens, the rest of us can watch it in our time zones, or we can record it.

Which means, I think, that most of us can watch Victoria without bothering to record SW.

Marylander here who will definitely be watching.  In other words, my morbid curiosity overrides my reasonably good taste and common sense yet again. 

• Love 14

Nope, not me.  There is football to be had and Victoria to be had and way too many far more interesting things to spend my time on.  For people, who are entirely secretive, they lie right up front in agreeing to do a tell-all because they never, ever will.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 4

What is wrong with the producers?!  Most reality TV pushes for the most controversy, drama and excitement they can milk or instigate.  This show is saltines soaked in milk.  

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, wings707 said:

What is wrong with the producers?!  Most reality TV pushes for the most controversy, drama and excitement they can milk or instigate.  This show is saltines soaked in milk.  

And far less palatable.

• Love 5

It's just going to be a re-write of their history anyway... even though we've seen the show every season (well those who watch I mean) it's like these "tell-alls" just serve the purpose to summarize and tell us what we should/shouldn't remember about the season. However I will say this is a perfect opportunity to put a bow on a lot of the story lines and be done with them... I know a girl can dream.

Slightly off topic but I just want to add along the lines of rewriting history, I have the marathon on now while I'm doing other stuff and I caught the scene where Kody is saying somewhere around 00-02 he realized he has SOO many kids that a couple of them might be gay... douchelord... you only had 8-9 of your kids at that point. 8-9 children is still quite a few... but actually a relatively normal number, especially spread between 3 wives. I know I'm being nit picky, but he just acts like it's suck a feat to have so many kids, it really isn't such a big deal when you consider you could have more than one pregnant at a time.  I dislike the sugars, but I'd still say that's more of an "accomplishment" than this (I really hate considering pregnancy an accomplishment). Sorry for the rant I really only planned to note that at the time Kody realized he might have a child who is gay that he really didn't have Sooooo many kids, and went on a tirade.

• Love 2

I know I'm in the minority...but I don't mind the show.

I get sooo much  accomplished while SW is on...since watching doesn't take much concentration & isn't a distraction like music. If I miss something on SW...sure as shit there will be a flashback as a reminder...on the same schedule as the Subway...every 8 - 15 minutes or so. 

I stopped watching every other reality show & life is good. I'll most likely watch Below Deck & Real Housewives of Melbourne when they're on again...but that's it. 

I can't  with the shows that inspire so much emotion from people...because I don't invest my emotions of loyalty to people that are  just on the television. That's why I have a remote & no problem switching to a food show...95% of the time.

I have loyalty to donuts & such. ❤?

• Love 4

I like the questioning so far...

"Is that something that happens, when you're mad at Kody you take it out on one of the other wives?"

"What happens in plural families when you don't address the problems?"

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 4

So far, this is nothing more than one big rehash.  In other words, what's new?  

Nit-picky observation: These people look so washed out on camera.  Between the way-too-close stage lights and the ham-fisted makeup jobs, they look awful.  It's a shame that no one learns from previous mistakes.  Anyone remember that "tell-all" from a few seasons ago where they looked like Truely drew on their lipstick and blush with magic markers?  Whew, just no, ladies.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 5

I think Meri went over to Arkansas and stole that horrid sweater from the Duggar girls. Now that I'd watch. That color always looks dirty to me, like it's been dragged behind a car.

Yea I'm watching the first hour and doing other stuff but I'm bailing for Victoria.

• Love 4

Kody asks "Do the kids ever say that?" (about not loving kids equally) -- Kody looks to Robyn before he answers...

"We don't even budget well." - Kody.  Some honesty!

There are no prisoners in the cul-de-sac. Kody says you are free to go if you're an unhappy wife.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 4

It's really hard to take Kody seriously (well, more than usual) when he's glaring at Meri with his tiny shark eye slits and that scraggly beard.  Ugh.

(Update: Hour number two is an all-Janelle retrospective.  *sigh*)

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 5

The one thing I found interesting was Kody saying that half the time when the wives are mad at him, it really isn't him they are mad at but one of the other wives. And here I thought they live in complete harmony. /extreme sarcasm/

• Love 7

So Mykelti and Tony wanted get married in a hurry because they wanted to file their taxes this year as married. Huh. Wondered where they got THAT idea, Kody and Robyn?

There are no prisoners in the cuddle-sac. For some reason, that really makes me laugh.

Those were some shiny leggings on Robyn.

• Love 3

They were afraidt meri would do something drastic.  I guess divorce wasn't drastic.  Since that was the catalyst to the catfish mess, I just say wow.

Not for one minute do I believe the Official Brown Version of Divorcing For The Kids BS.

For the love of God, meri, burn that mustard sweater.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 3

On All about Janelle...

Meri mentioned her hair recently being cut when the show started.

They must have filmed Robyn's Birthday party at the Lehi house...before they filmed the  first episode.

Meri have very  very long hair in the scene  when she gave Robyn her Birthday gift...while  Kody  was saying he's not the only one in love with Robyn.

Edited by Sista Snarky
8 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Janelle conveniently glosses over the fact that she knew Kody, Meri, and Meri's family because she was married to Meri's brother. She says she was a single woman she does not say divorced.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.  Janelle is rewriting history.  Not once did she mention she was married to Meri’s brother. She said she only started considering Kody after she had a “paradigm shift.”  I have to commend her play on words. 

• Love 6

The only really boring part was the catfish crap again.

I found myself nodding and almost said amen when Meri said, "it's not a, 'I want you here honey. Please don't leave.'" I mean, I guess I understand what Kody was trying to get across by saying nobody is shackled, but it sounds a lot to me like, "if you don't like it, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out." The wives need to feel wanted and obviously that attitude made Meri feel like she was disposable. But of course Robyn appreciates it. 

Starting the Janelle episode. So basically Janelle was the mistress. She didn't believe in plural marriage until she wanted to move in on someone's husband. Side hoes do get a lot of attention. Why not make it official? I see her so much differently this season. I feel she's more stealth bitch than Robyn. At least with Robyn, everyone knew and approved. 

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

The one thing I found interesting was Kody saying that half the time when the wives are mad at him, it really isn't him they are mad at but one of the other wives. And here I thought they live in complete harmony. /extreme sarcasmko/

I have the wives say the complete opposite:  When 2 of the wives are having issues it's usually because  Kody and a wife are having an issue(s).

• Love 2

Omg! Am I imagining things or did they just completely fucking skip over the fact that side hoe was married to Meri's brother when they met? That pisses me off! At least tell the real story. If they'd explain it maybe we'd understand it better. 

• Love 9

I cannot believe we're slogging through the move to Vegas again.  How many times can we do this?

It's times like these that I bemoan the fact that football doesn't interest me until Super Bowl Sunday (and that's only because I get to have Mexican seven-layer dip).

• Love 4

Nancy is a terrible therapist. Kody said Nancy told Meri "if I were married to Kody I would be happy if he said that." Therapy is not about the therapist. Meri wanted Kody to say "I love you and want you to stay." Instead he talked about having no shackles and she could leave anytime. I wish Meri would just leave, followed by the other three.

• Love 16