Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E05: Scissors and Some Creativity

The star competitors are assigned to market a new product for a health-food brand.  Later, they must create a digital brochure for the Harry Potter attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood.

I only saw the second hour (and will probably stick with that now that Supergirl is back) but Matt's giddiness over Harry Potter kind of makes me hope JK Rowling tweets him.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone that pumped for a task. 

Chael is someone who I never heard of before this show and if I'm lucky, never will need to again.  

Edit: Ahnuld and nephew talking about Porsha in German right in front of her? A bit rude,  and yet hilarious. 

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 15

The award for biggest delusional idiot ever on Celebrity Apprentice goes to Chael. Dude, no matter how you word it, you cheated! Ugh, he just reminds me of that one person in my group projects throughout high school and college that would sit there, do nothing, and wing it during the presentation. Good riddance!

As a Harry Potter fan, I absolutely loved Matt's enthusiasm for the Universal Studios task and for Harry Potter overall. I went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando and it was such a dream come true for me. It was really smart of him to make the digital brochure look like the Daily Prophet and his presentation was great. I was happy that he ended up getting the win for his team. He completely deserved it.

I'm happy that Carson didn't get fired because he's one of my favorites, although, I do feel that had Boy George been there, he probably would've been the project manager and done a better job.

Edited by Steph619
  • Love 12

Matt Iseman's insane and unabashed enthusiasm was everything. I always kinda wondered if his and Akbar's antics on ANW were unnaturally over the top, but now I totally buy they're authentic. So glad he won - killed it, really - and hope he finds an equally nerdish gf.

• Love 17

Wow.  Chael is quite the nutjob.  I really wish Lisa had been fired.  I,can't stand her.  Porsha and Carson were on WWHL and they seem to really like each other.  I was impressed with how she kept her cool when she was fired because she frequently goes off at the slightest provocation.  

Vince was also an ass.  His team helped him win big for his charity then he gets bored and bails as soon as he can so he doesn't have to help anyone else.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Steph619 said:

The award for biggest delusional idiot ever on Celebrity Apprentice goes to Chael. Dude, no matter how you word it, you cheated! Ugh, he just reminds me of that one person in my group projects throughout high school and college that would sit there, do nothing, and wing it during the presentation. Good riddance!

As a Harry Potter fan, I absolutely loved Matt's enthusiasm for the Universal Studios task and for Harry Potter overall. I went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando and it was such a dream come true for me. It was really smart of him to make the digital brochure look like the Daily Prophet and his presentation was great. I was happy that he ended up getting the win for his team. He completely deserved it.

I'm happy that Carson didn't get fired because he's one of my favorites, although, I do feel that had Boy George been there, he probably would've been the project manager and done a better job.

It's not over here yet, and I LOVE knowing that Matt won.  I've traveled to Orlando FIVE TIMES to go the Wizarding World of Harry Potter because I'm such a nerd.  We even got selected for the wand ceremony at Ollivander's (only time I've ever seen them pick two OLD people at the same time).  Hubby said they picked us because I was waving my Visa card and promising to buy the wands.  That is NOT true.

Chael is the pits.

• Love 14

A "mutanty" against Lisa? STFU, douchebro. Chael is just gross, and while I'm glad his cord-cutting got him fired, I wanted him to get electrocuted a little for my amusement. 

Vince had already raised a crazy $700,000 for his charity, and he was just kinda like sayonara, but before I go, let's do something with scantily-clad dancers. Whatever.

Carson had three dull bulbs to work with, and I felt bad for him. On the other hand, was happy to see Matt shine, and his enthusiasm was authentic, which was where Carson and Co. considerably missed the mark.

• Love 10

Wow. It's been...three months since a Mark Burnett reality show has made me gasp aloud (rock draw of DOOOM), but I was just...jaw agape. He didn't think that was cheating why? Because it wasn't explicitly in the rules? He didn't think that those cameras filming his every move were actually turned on? He thought that the show -- which is suffering badly from image problems already -- would just hand-wave that kind of behavior?

I also feel like this task should've been graded on a curve. Carson and his team did fine, for a normal "celebrity Harry Potter" task (which...isn't this the third or fourth Harry Potter task this show has done?). They were at a massive disadvantage because the other team had a guy who ate, slept and breathed Harry Potter. There was just no way to account for that, so it felt like they were being punished for not being Harry Potter fans. Not like I thought they should've won, but I feel like it should've been more like a "You did a very good job, but there was no way you were going to beat them." The whole whining about "bad creative" rang so hollow for me, because again: there was absolutely no way to match Matt in that respect.

I felt so badly for Carson, and I found Porsha more entertaining than Lisa, so I thought that was a tough way to go (and kind of a BS reason to fire someone).

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 8
On 1/23/2017 at 9:16 PM, Eolivet said:

Wow. It's been...three months since a Mark Burnett reality show has made me gasp aloud (rock draw of DOOOM), but I was just...jaw agape. He didn't think that was cheating why? Because it wasn't explicitly in the rules? He didn't think that those cameras filming his every move were actually turned on? He thought that the show -- which is suffering badly from image problems already -- would just hand-wave that kind of behavior?

That's because he forgot who the chairman was. He thought it was the old boss, of Celebrity Apprentice, who would have high fived him for cheating.

Edited by howiveaddict
  • Love 14

Hello, moderators.  I know this is off-topic and I apologize.  CNBC has been running a Celebrity Apprentice marathon. I watched a couple of episodes last night, because I am a glutton for punishment. I want and I need to know what happened with the the Omarosa vs. Piers Morgan feud in Season One.  I am sure that TWOP did a brilliantly snarky recap of the episode and I want it.  Help?

• Love 1

All I remember about Omarosa v Piers was that she was psycho....calling him a failure for being divorced, mocking him by saying his children shouldn't respect or love him because he was divorced. Way below the belt and uncalled for, and I am NOT a Piers fan.

I was so hoping Brooke would lose her task. She just seemed to be flirting and giggling and fell into the win by accident. Just useless. 

Chael is a sociopath. That's all I got. Now I'm sort of interested in looking back at old episodes to see what other crazy stuff he was doing.

I don't think Arnold should have fired anyone from Carson's team after he fired Chael, because Chael was the weak link apart from the cheating, and would have been fired even if he hadn't cheated.

Arnold is growing on me. When they showed him standing on the overpass checking out the beach boxes like a big goon, I laughed out loud.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Edit: Ahnuld and nephew talking about Porsha in German right in front of her? A bit rude,  and yet hilarious. 

I'm kinda torn on this.  Talking in front of someone in a foreign language is bad enough, but taking about them in front of them in another language is incredibly rude and douchy.  OTOH, Lisa--who I'm assuming doesn't speak German, said basically the same thing Arnold and nephew were was too funny.

I didn't think Chael was that bad (especially compared to some of the crazies that have been on this show)...that is until tonight.  What the hell?  And I'm shocked they allowed that much production talk...especially where the producer gave them 10 extra minutes.  Something was off with that whole thing.

I as so hoping Brooke would lose that first task.  I've not enjoyed her on this show at all and past ready for her to go.  Maybe if Lisa had't given in on the "go go girls" they would have won.  Her rationale really sucked on that one.  'Vince is only giving me a few ideas so I have to take one so he's involved'.  Uh, no.  If all hes giving you are crap ideas you just ignore him (c.f. Jon Lovitz).  The goal is to win, not to be the most touchy-feelyist inclusive manager.  

• Love 7

I do know who Chael is, and I'm not a fan. This episode made me even happier that he got his ass kicked by Tito Ortiz last weekend.

My question is why the contest continued. A team member cheated to get them more time, they should have been disqualified. I guess for TV purposes and the fact they knew Matt won, they let it go. 

I love how Arnold always get complimented on making the right call, when tonight he didn't really fire anyone, except Chael. Vince basically quit, and Porscha was warned to answer the question and just kept going. So she basically gave herself up too.

• Love 4

This episode really made me miss the Trump helmed years of the show. I knew, the instant that Chael cut that wire and started patting himself on the back for it, that Arnold was going to fire him. Just straight up fire him. (In fact, I was a little amused that he didn't even tell Chael that he was Terminated. Nope, just "you're fired, gtfo.") And it made me a little sad because, if it were still the Trump version, it would have been a two hour single task episode, the boardroom would have taken thirty five minutes, the majority of it would be taken up by the discussion if creating a technical issue was within the letter of the rules, and in the last second, Porsha or Lisa would have been fired and the whole viewing audience would be all "what the fuck, dude?!".

Holy run on sentence, Batman.

But it's true. Instead, we got this. Not that this was bad, but it could have been so much more entertaining. Carson saying how nauseated they were for the past 24 hours was a nice attempt at bringing the drama, but Chael was just so pumped and proud of what he did that I couldn't help but admire it a little. As I said to the husband as Chael was walking out, "He's a douchebag but damned if that didn't make me want him to stick around a little longer."

The first task was meh and it was obvious that Vince Neil had checked out and was ready to go home. The second task had all the fun - but that was mainly because of Matt's over the top enthusiasm for Harry Potter. I know that feeling, dude. I was the same way when the husband asked me last year about this "Firefly" thing that he kept seeing online and four hours later, I was still talking and he was questioning his sanity in marrying me. But the second task could have been a lot more fun if there could have been more to-do about the Case of the Snipped Computer Wire. And in losing Porsha and Vince Neil, we lose a lot of the drama that had been in the series because who is Lisa and Boy George going to get into it with now? And to me, like most reality shows, it's all about the drama. I couldn't care less who raises more money for charity or who is better at putting together a photo collage. I'm in it to watch all those explosive personalities be forced to be in close quarters and work with each other until the pot starts to boil over. 

For me, Arnold is all right but I don't feel the same excitement and over the top pomposity that Trump the television character brought to the show. The pieces are all there: rich ego, boardroom full of people patting him on the back no matter what he does, celebrity, scandal in the past. It just doesn't add up in the same way. Although that shot of Arnold during the first task, when he was lurking like a stalker in the bushes over the walkway to look down on the different teams, was hilarious and something that Trump never could have gotten away with (because they practically rolled out the red carpet for him any time he showed up).

• Love 7

Carson is a very compelling man. It is clear Arnold likes him for his performance in tasks and even more for who he is.  His presence and wit are delightful.  

Lisa.  Good god. I wonder how she got along with her basketball team members.  She has the personality of a badger.  

Matt was fun to watch.  His love of all things Potter is adorable. We will probably see Arnold choose one from Arete to join Carson's team next week and I bet it will be Matt if Arnold has any input.  I can see a Carson/Matt final 2.

Brooke, go,away. Lisa, go with her.  Ugh

Edited by wings707
  • Love 17

Porsha just can't shut up, it's always her downfall. At least she didn't try to rip Lisa's hair out. What I wondered is why Chael and Vince didn't speak up about how Lisa kept shutting down their ideas. They just sat there, silent. I was waiting for Chael to say "Well, we tried to give our input to Carson but Lisa told us to shut up." Not that I like either one of them, I'm glad they're both gone. And Porsha with her store-bought boobs and butt, bye!

Loved, loved Matt. Although I'd be like Laila and Brooke, I'd have been sitting there clueless because I know nothing about Harry Potter (sorry, superfans!).

• Love 3

So is "Chael" the new "Topher"?  Taking the end of a normal name like Christopher and Michael and turning it into an idiotic new name because you're an idiot?

I missed George in the 2nd task.  He's a Brit, so they could have used his accent somewhere in there. But Matt really was stellar.  In the end though, he just kept throwing details out to his team that were meaningless to them.  

• Love 5

This is the one problem with a celeb version.  They often just quit and want to go home.  We have now had several this season. 

I do think it is very rude to talk in front of people in a foreign language.  Arnold might want to realize that.  It makes me think a lot less of him.

I feel sorry for whoever gets sent over to Carson and Lisa's team.  They will have to deal with Lisa.  She did shush her team and then complain they didn't give input.  She can't have it both ways.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

This is the one problem with a celeb version.  They often just quit and want to go home.  We have now had several this season

Ditto. I miss the real people looking for a career. But who would they work for, Arnold?? I am friends with two guys who competed in the old Apprentice format, both are doing really well without winning a job with Trump.

• Love 5

I definitely missed my Boy in the second task.  I don't know if they take overall performance into consideration at the finale, but if he makes it there, I hope missing a task doesn't hurt him.

I had never seen Porsha before this show and I'm glad she's gone,  but I agree that it was just an assy move for Arnold and the nephew to talk about her in German.  Again.  Very unprofessional and dismissive.

I don't even know what to say about Vince and Chael except they both had clearly stopped caring and just wanted to go home.  Fine by me, makes it easier for George to advance (although I think Carson might just win the whole thing in a landslide at this point).

• Love 3

Do you think Brooke knows she's not 20 anymore?  I know she considers herself a "millennial mom", but ummm...NOPE.  And does she remember she's married? Granted, if I was married to the sad sack, no talent chauvinist, I'd try to forget too.  What's with all the giggling and flirty ditzy behavior?   She wanted to "just wing it" and "play it safe"? I really wanted her to lose her task, but the other team really did suck more.  Vince obviously checked out after his big win. Contributing dancers who could shake their T&A near his bloated face was his swan song.

Chael should stop the HGH or steroids or whatever magic chemical he is taking.  He brain has been damaged beyond repair if he equates vandalism with gaining a competitive edge.  Some would call him a "tool", but tools are useful and have a purpose.

I love Carson and Matt and George, so I'm happy with any of them winning. Lisa is annoying as hell.  I couldn't work with her personality type. Ricky is too...chill? laid back? coma inducing?  There's no energy or passion with this guy. Porsha made my head spin with her yackity yacking, and it obviously worn thin w/ the Gov.

• Love 13

So ditzy Brooke - as project manager on the first task - has a life philosophy of "just have fun with it . . . just wing it . . . we'll figure it out later."  And then criticizes Matt because his plans are so ambitious.  

I was surprised that she knew nothing of Harry Potter.  She has four kids!!!  Maybe they should have substituted the nanny for Brooke on this challenge.  Nanny probably reads to the kids and takes them to the movies while Mr. Brooke is home, bossing Brooke around (because he has no job).

I did laugh a bit while Matt was popping out all the Harry Potter references and was met by blank stares.  The only people who seemed to have "gotten" them were the folks who work at Universal.  

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Ditto. I miss the real people looking for a career. But who would they work for, Arnold?? I am friends with two guys who competed in the old Apprentice format, both are doing really well without winning a job with Trump.

Add me to that list. While Arnold seems to have some sort of business (Swartzenager Inc or something), perhaps they could give the winner a cash prize.  I also liked the show much better when the Trumps were doing it - but perhaps that has to do with the format then.  I miss the boardroom discussions and Ivanka and Donald Jr (or Eric) had valuable contributions.  Arnold's nephew contributes nothing of note, and while Tyra was ok in the first episode, no one since her has contributed much either.

I tend to think CA won't be renewed after this season anyway.

The Chael guy was an idiot - glad he's gone. Have mixed feelings about Porsha.  One the one hand, it was pretty clear she was talking her way into a termination. Arnold did not want to fire Carson, and I agree with him on that.   But Porsha seems to have been contributing - and Carson even said she was more valuable.  I would have let the tall one go (sorry, I still don't know the names of all these really famous  celebrities!). 

• Love 2

I had no idea who Matt was before this season, but danged if he isn't just awesome. I would like a Carson/Matt F2, with George and Laila rounding out the top 4.

If Ahnuld was going to fire someone in addition to Chael, it should have been Lisa. She's horrible.

• Love 9

I didn't like the "Wizarding World of HP" the other season(s?), either. If my beloved Carson had been Auf'ed, this show would have been dead to me!

Lisa is a gigantic pill.

One quibble about the board: The thread titles seem not to indicate much of what the show is about. Not good for memories that need jogging!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Ananayel said:

I had no idea who Matt was before this season, but danged if he isn't just awesome. I would like a Carson/Matt F2, with George and Laila rounding out the top 4.

If Ahnuld was going to fire someone in addition to Chael, it should have been Lisa. She's horrible.

Matt is an awesome person.  He is a licensed doctor with a degree from Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, and an Honors graduate from Princeton University.

First time I ever saw him was on "Clean House" where they would go into messy places (not quite as dirty as Hoarders, but full of stuff).  He was their "go-to" guy for making furniture and storage units.  He is currently one of the two play-by-play announcers on "American Ninja Warrior."  In that role, his most impressive achievement is that he can say the other guy's name without stumbling:  Akbar Gbaja-Biamila.  

• Love 8

I always kinda wondered if his and Akbar's antics on ANW were unnaturally over the top, but now I totally buy they're authentic.

He is a licensed doctor with a degree from Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, and an Honors graduate from Princeton University.

After all this, the question becomes, how is Matt NOT married? (psst Matt.  Call me.)

• Love 14

I disagreed with both terminations (but not the firing).  Lisa should have gone after the first challenge.  First of all, she chose their activity based on what the OTHER team was probably going to do.  Way to go Ms "marketing" MBA.  And, it was clear, she cut off the ideas and brainstorming of her team.  She not only cut off Chael, but then directed Carson to incorporate Chael's idea.  I haven't really liked her during the entire season even though she was right about the first couple of tasks.  But her complete shutdown of her team, and attempts to over shadow Carson (who is my beloved), demonstrated that she was a terrible project manager.  I really wish that Arnold had fired her; however, Vince did basically give up.

As for the second task, Chael was the weak link on the losing team and would have been terminated if her had not already been fired.  I like that Arnold immediately fired him after Carson explained what had happened.  However, it did not necessitate a second termination.  In his confessionals, Chael even admitted that he was napping with his eyes open, and not contributing anything.  Arnold should have factored that in before firing Porshia.  

Most importantly, I am so glad that Carson survived the boardroom.  Oh, and I kind of love how enthusiastic Matt was about the Harry Potter project.  I also love how unabashedly proud he was of his Nerd status.  However, Brooke's looks to Laila seemed to indicate how 'uncool' Matt was in her opinion.  I would so take Matt's nerdness over her whatever image it is that she is trying to project any day!

Carson and Matt for the final two!

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Eolivet said:

I also feel like this task should've been graded on a curve. Carson and his team did fine, for a normal "celebrity Harry Potter" task (which...isn't this the third or fourth Harry Potter task this show has done?). They were at a massive disadvantage because the other team had a guy who ate, slept and breathed Harry Potter. There was just no way to account for that, so it felt like they were being punished for not being Harry Potter fans.

There have been a number of surprising upsets in the past. The "advantaged" team can easily get overconfident or make a poor decision, or the other team can hit on an especially good idea, perhaps from the information provided by the client that the others don't feel a need to study as much.

3 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Chael should stop the HGH or steroids or whatever magic chemical he is taking.  He brain has been damaged beyond repair if he equates vandalism with gaining a competitive edge.

If he was going to vandalize something, he needed to do it more subtly. There have been too many cups spilled into equipment over the course of the series to have all been accidents, and I think somebody "tripped" over a cord once. Using scissors was too obvious.

13 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I like that Arnold immediately fired him after Carson explained what had happened.  However, it did not necessitate a second termination.

Generally speaking, having someone leave outside of the normal process does not keep the normal process from being played out. Those are the rules. If they can justify not firing someone on a future task based on performance, they will, but they couldn't here. BTW, it's not a "triple firing" to have one person leave on one episode and two on the other even though the two episodes are run back-to-back. The original promos just said that three people would be fired this week; trying to make it sound more dramatic also made it incorrect.

An extra firing or two is built into the schedule.  It is usually one firing per show so 2 in the two hour format.  

Lisa bugs the shit out of Arnold.  He has given her the 'don't interrupt me head snap and stare' several times.  She talks over others and when that doesn't work, shushes them.   I believe Arnold's helpers and producers give him a heads up so he knows what has gone down before the board room.  Whether he ends up needing to use it or not, he hears the gist.  

I think Lisa is marked to go when the opportunity presents itself, regardless.  She is extremely off putting and will do something in the board room that will irritate Arnold.  

Ricky is useless, Brooke is weak.  Laila is the wild card for me.  She is competent, a little tense, very serious and no evident sense of humor.  I can see her in F3 with Matt and Carson.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

Dear Show,

Please have a triple elim next week too.  Send home Lisa, Brooke, and Ricky and then we can have a fun show.

I would have liked to see the boardroom segment with/about Chael last for MUCH longer.  It would have been interesting and dramatic for Arnold to play his cards close to the vest.  He could have not revealed any hint as to whether he thought Chael's rationalization for cutting the cable showed Chael to be a complete slime, or whether it proved Chael was a formidable strategist playing to win.   Arnold could have fed both sides of the argument a little bit while probing each of the celebrities on both teams about what they thought.  It would have been revealing and entertaining to see how easily they might be manipulated into "cheating" if they thought Arnold believed it to be a valid tactic.

Edited by SnarkyTart
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I was so hoping Brooke would lose her task. She just seemed to be flirting and giggling and fell into the win by accident. Just useless. 

8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

So ditzy Brooke - as project manager on the first task - has a life philosophy of "just have fun with it . . . just wing it . . . we'll figure it out later."  And then criticizes Matt because his plans are so ambitious.

So much this. Hadn't she learned by then on the women's team that the "let's just get all of the pictures taken/footage shot/etc, then we'll put it together/gel our concept/etc. later" didn't generally work? She was just lucky that this particular time it did and that the other team had a branding screw up... because the executives didn't like her use of the space in the task.

And I'm surprised it did work actually, because my knowledge of marketing is limited, but in general isn't some sort of clear message and/or concept a big part of a presentation like that? And isn't that part of what got the women's team into trouble on the make-up challenge? The other part was not giving enough details about the product... which I think in this task at least they did do - though the other team did seem to have more examples of the product out there if I'm remembering correctly, so I'm thinking disorganization and branding issues were what did the other team in rather than message and product placement.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Callaphera said:

For me, Arnold is all right but I don't feel the same excitement and over the top pomposity that Trump the television character brought to the show. 

This was the first episode where I thought we really got to see some personality from Arnold. I don't need bodybuilding stories every time, and it is rude to talk in German (although no moreso than leaning over to an advisor and whispering, which I could see many people doing in that situation). But overall it felt like he was being the boss and shaping the show, not just going through the motions.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Amarsir said:

This was the first episode where I thought we really got to see some personality from Arnold. I don't need bodybuilding stories every time, and it is rude to talk in German (although no moreso than leaning over to an advisor and whispering, which I could see many people doing in that situation). But overall it felt like he was being the boss and shaping the show, not just going through the motions.

It's a start. I know I can't expect it to be the same as it used to be and this show used to be one of my very favourite forms of television crack. It'll take me awhile to accept the change. I liken it to when I would watch soap operas and a different actor would come in to play the role of a long-running character and it would take months for me to wrap my head around the fact that there was a new Jack bumming around town.

I'll like you eventually, Arnold. Just give me some time (and some more personality, please).

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Amarsir said:

it is rude to talk in German (although no moreso than leaning over to an advisor and whispering, which I could see many people doing in that situation)

This is a rude nation. I hear people speaking foreign languages in public all the time. That's just as improper as chatting in English while in France. The alternative for Arnold within the format of the show was to briefly kick everyone out and there isn't room for that in the one hour format.

I think it's OK to speak another language in public. It's the part where they were speaking another language that others didn't speak in front of those others who were theoretically part of the conversation. (And they were talking about her, right?)

• Love 9

Exactly. Again, I compare it to whispering. If people have a private conversation in low voice, that's fine. If 3 of us are in conversation, and then I whisper something to the 3rd person that excludes you, it's obviously rude.

My only caveat to this is that I'm not sure to what extent this was a conversation vs an interrogation. In a business negotiation if I was to talk to my partner to the exclusion of people on the other side of the table, that's not unreasonable. So I think there might be a tiny bit of leeway if it's something that's understandably private. However, "this woman looking at us talks too much" certainly doesn't qualify as a trade secret.

• Love 3
On 1/24/2017 at 6:22 PM, cooksdelight said:

And stop talking about your bodybuilding past....we get it, Arnold.

In his defense, that is his business reference.  The comparison he makes is valid.  Well, these are celebs who don't care but if they did he does make the point.  

He is a pig and politically conservative (I am being kind) but being an actor, in Hollywood, he is socially liberal.  Loves Carson and would ride on the back of the bike.  There is something in there that softened him for me a bit.  

ETA.  He does not support Trump and very vocal about it.  Had to clarify that since I mentioned he is conservative above. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

This is a rude nation. I hear people speaking foreign languages in public all the time. That's just as improper as chatting in English while in France. 

Wait. If I go to Spain for 2 weeks I am not supposed to talk? I'm not understanding that sentiment at all. I don't see anything improper about it. I love hearing different languages here in flyover country.

While I agree Arn & Pat were being a but rude, it's TV entertainment. Plus Porscha is a maroon.

• Love 6
On 1/23/2017 at 8:08 PM, abstractstuff said:

Check out the wayback machine. Type in televisionwithoutpity.com .. Go to forums, The Apprentice, and then past seasons. A lot of discussion is there. 

That doesn't work anymore, no more Forums, they went away.

13 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

One quibble about the board: The thread titles seem not to indicate much of what the show is about. Not good for memories that need jogging!

The thread titles are the "official" episode titles used by the network.  The PTV standard is that we take them from TheTVDB.com.

• Love 4

The first task was so forgettable, I...forgot what I wanted to say.  Well, almost forgot.  The biggest takeaway was sympathy for the cast as this was suuuch a product placement and nothing else.  Maybe next time they can go to a Ralphs (famous grocery chain in SoCal) and just do more food tastings.  Blecch.

I LOVE Universal City Walk, which contains the plaza where the Potter presentation was given.  Man, did I spend a ton of time there when I lived about 10 minutes away.  I had yearly passes for the theme park and went frequently.  If you go, make CERTAIN you check out the Donkey cart, related to the Shrek show.  It is fantASStic.  ;)

I call shenanigans on the use of The Prophet.  There is no way that was not offered as a possible tack to take.  Did you see the graphic?  That HAD to have been in the NBCU Comcast/server accessed by Arete.   If Brooke was able to direct/create that template?  Crown her right now.   This is not to say it was anything less than phenomenal.  It was really well done.  Arguably the best integration ever in this entire series.

One thing I am enjoying this season is that we are getting far less filler in the boardroom and orders of magnitude less misdirection.  The conversations have largely been on point.  That Arnold chose to fire Porsha partly for the sake of clarity and brevity was a great thing.  With The Donald, it was blatantly obvious he was phoning it in that last season.  Everything was obviously producer-driven.  

• Love 4

It looked like they had a professional computer graphics person working with each team.  I'm pretty sure that Brooke didn't actually "direct" or "create" anything.  She couldn't even spell muggle (MOGULS and WIZARDS).  Poor Matt did 95% of the work on that project on his own - and he NAILED IT.

• Love 8