Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Firefighting Clients

Oh.my.God....are the judges crazy???  That red monstrosity was the worst thing I've EVER seen on this show!  It made that poor woman look twice her size.  

As soon as they said Allie played it safe I knew it was her going.  I hate this freaking show...hate hate hate.

• Love 17

I knew the red dress would win because...fire influenced theme? I was afraid the 'models ' top was going to pop out of it though.

The right person went home I guess. Allie never stood out to me, she was usually safe. 

• Love 1

Injustice!  Allie had a misstep this week but Izzie fell flat on her face.

Allie is the designer who created that black and white flowing top with the light blue pants a few weeks ago and many here agreed she should have won.   What is memorable about Izzie other than the sprout growing out of her head?

It occurred to me tonight that Allie looked like a young Hannah.

Tim saved Cartier's ass.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, millennium said:

Allie is the designer who created that black and white flowing top with the light blue pants a few weeks ago and many here agreed she should have won.   What is memorable about Izzie other than the sprout growing out of her head?

It occurred to me tonight that Allie looked like a young Hannah.

Tim saved Cartier's ass.

I don't know...I think she'd have at least been safe with her original plan.  I do think Tim steered her to the win, though.

• Love 6

I'm sad that Allie went home, especially seeing the designs.  I understand the judges considered her design "safe", but I thought it was cute, and it looked nice on the firefighter's wife.  I am definitely not someone who ever mixes stripes with prints, but I thought her patterns worked well together.

Izzy's dress was hideous.  That poor woman - the dress made her look three times bigger than she is, and it had no shape whatsoever.  The black underskirt was shorter in the back than in the front, and the whole underskirt was too short, in general.  I did not get "boho" at all from that dress.  There was so much more Izzy could have done.  A more fitted A-line - perhaps with a halter top.  Or, more definition in the waist. 

I don't know what the judges were thinking with this decision.  

Oh - and so far, I am loving Tieler - he seems like such a nice young man, and boy - can he tailor a dress - his "model" looked like an actual runway model (well, she had a fabulous figure and the height - too bad she didn't have the "walk"....).

Cartier's dress was cute, and different.

I think, sometimes, with these "real woman" challenges, a lot of the decision is based on how the "real woman" walks in her garment.  If she is walking with confidence, and has some sass in her step, it gives bonus points to the designer.

• Love 10

Was I the only one that didn't think Hawaa should have been safe? It seemed clear to me that, when walking down the runway, her model was not happy. I was not a fan of the dress in general (looked 1990s mallrat to me) but the back was especially bad. 

I loved them saying that Allie's dress was "mismatched" and didn't go together. Yet the same could be said of last week's and it won...

• Love 8
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Was I the only one that didn't think Hawaa should have been safe? It seemed clear to me that, when walking down the runway, her model was not happy. I was not a fan of the dress in general (looked 1990s mallrat to me) but the back was especially bad. 

I loved them saying that Allie's dress was "mismatched" and didn't go together. Yet the same could be said of last week's and it won...

To be honest, I find Hawaa so hard to look at or like.  She comes across as somewhat smug to me, and the blue eyebrows, nose ring, and odd-colored lipstick in combination with the very covered-up clothing is such a weird disconnect that I tend to look away when she's onscreen.  I also don't think I've really liked anything she's made, and this week's garment looked uncomfortably short for her client.  I'd have been happy to see her go, and think her design was far worse than Chris's, though not as bad as Izzy's.

I liked last season better, I think.  Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but there seemed to have been far less crying.  My heart breaks a little every week when these kids (and to me, they are just babies...my older granddaughter is 14!) start crying on the runway. 

Edited by Marmiarmo
  • Love 8

Deep breath.  These are kids.  I hate them.   This season is grim, I blame Russia. 

That is all I got. 

No, wait. I love the judges and Hanna.  See? There is positive in everything. 

• Love 5

Granted it's been a very long time since I've regularly watched any version of PR and don't know if this still happens, but it was nice to see a "client as the model" challenge where the designers weren't complaining about body size

• Love 20

Poor Izzy's model!  That dress was a big mess of nothing.  I am somewhat pear shaped and I would have looked even bigger than I really am.  The others made clothes that were more "molded" to the body.  The one who made the lace with jacket (?) - I would have worn that! It looked comfortable and fit well (not tight)

OT: Takis are terrible!! My students eat them all the time.  A study found that eating too much causes ulcers in children. It eats up the stomach lining.  I had to ask my students not to bring them to school anymore (I couldn't ban them - just "suggest" to them to bring something else for a snack/lunch).

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Allie should have had her model remove the robe to show off her skills on the striped dress.  Her look would have passed for a date look if it weren't for that "overlay".

Same with Molly! The judges didn't even know the overskirt was removable until afterwards. Probably the kids were used to their professional models and didn't think about needing to give instructions.

That said, the clients (and the fire fighters third-wheeling around the workroom with their gear on) were all really good sports and the women did a great job on the runway. I know I'd be dying from self-consciousness up there, madly trying to remember all Miss J's walking rules.

• Love 5

Yuck..........I can't believe that Izzy didn't go home!!!!!  I watched thru the runway walk and then went to bed confident that that mess would have her gone.  She's a really sweet girl, but if she thinks that was cute and did anything but compound her "model's" figure flaws, she's crazy or naïve or from another planet (hence the headdress...).

As another poster wrote, it looked just like she took a bunch of scarves and scattered them down around the woman and belted the mess. 

Aya needs to go if she thinks that outfit worked on any level.  Did the other judges like it too?  I think she must like Izzy on some other level and it is influencing her decisions.  She does look a bit like her at a younger age, no?  Must be some excuse.

I loved Cartier's dress, inside out or otherwise.  Very flattering on the woman.  Also loved Tieler's and most of the others were nice and I usually just like one or two of the runway looks.

Alli's outfit was nothing special but it seemed to be nicely tailored and, as another said, if she had taken the overlay off it would have perhaps made a better impression on the judges.  Her efforts in the past episodes should have made them want to keep her. 

Why do I even watch this show...

• Love 1

the vote was definitely personality based. Izzy is "good tv" or at least better than Ally in their mind. There is no way in hell Ally's look was worse than whatever that tiger mauled crap Izzy sent down was. That was worse than anything so far this season. UGH! Maybe if Ally had been louder, more obnoxious and wore a twee little flower on her head she'd still be there.

If they got rid of Izzy and Hawwaa I would like them all. Those two are the only ones I dislike at this point. And neither are as good as the show seems to think they are.

• Love 9

One thing I REALLY liked about this client challenge is that the designers got to show the clients different fabrics so that the clients could help them choose. Too many times in the past, the designers have chosen colors or patterns that their clients hated so they were not happy with the finished outfit. For once, having Mini Mood was a really good thing!

Chris has amused me in the past but you, sir, are no Santino. Note to all deigners: no one will ever top Santino's Tim Gunn impression so don't bother.

I know that client challenges are tough because not only do the designers have to create something in their usual insanely short time, but they have to please someone who may not have the most fashion forward sense of style. That means a lot of things end up looking like items you can already buy at the mall.

I wasn't crazy about Molly's black and olive green (or brown?) color blocked dress with the high low skirt. How was that considered fashion forward? I will say that the shape of the color blocking was flattering on her model.

Tieler's pink dress was so basic. He should have made the bodice higher in the back because attaching off the shoulder sleeves so low made it look like he had the proportions wrong. It also drove me crazy how he kept referring to his client as Miss Megan. I'm sure he meant it in a respectful way because he's younger than she is but it just grates on me. Miss [First Name] is what you call the unlicensed assistant at a nursery school. I also loathe that particular shade of pink.

I didn't like anything about what Chris made. I didn't like the burgundy lace over the black fabric (that lace looked very 80s bridesmaid to me) and the bolero jacket (which just looked like a regular jacket to me) looked tacky, shapeless, and poorly made.

Although I would never go looking for a cat dress, Chelsea made something unique that her client loved so I'll give her that. I still really like her so I'm glad she did something different from the rest of the pack.

I give Allie points for trying to mix prints, but that leafy print over stripes didn't work for me, and that is a separate problem from the design of the dress itself. It looked lie a casual day dress (not a date night dress) crossed with the Blanche Devereaux collection. But she matched up all the stripes so props for that!

Hawwaa's was very obviously hers. I didn't lke the lace at the neck or the cutouts on the shoulders, and the client looked unhappy

Izzy's dress was terrible in every way. The reddish pattern was ugly, the panels on the skirt looked messy, and the top looked shapeless/not fitted well. I feel like she didn't know how to deal with a non-model body. It did not help that Izzy was wearing yellow reindeer antlers this week.

Cartier's red dress had a classic silhouette and I agree with Tim that the triangular seams added an interesting detail. Without that touch, it would have been just another red dress. I liked the off the shoulder sleeves on this dress. The shape was so much better than the ones on Tieler's dress.

• Love 6

I thought most of the kids did really well with the fit of their designs, especially since so many designers on original recipe PR seem to have fit issues with real women challenges. Overall I thought it was a pretty good runway for these kids.

I definitely thought Izzy should have gone. Her dress made her model look huge. I thought I liked the idea initially, but the execution was awful. The panels looked messy and just added volume where the model did not need any.

I did not mind Allie's so much. It was not very exciting, but I would take dull over ill fitting any day. I wonder if she went for her original design, if it would have worked better. Not so much a voluminous skirt, but I thought the leafy print was going to go over the whole thing. I agree with others that if she took the overlay off it might have made a better impression with the judges. I thought Allie has been pretty consistent, so for them to dismiss her because she had not made any clothes that wowed them was a bit much.

I would have put Hawaa in the bottom. I though her outfit for her client was very her, but it looked kind of tacky for however old her client was.

Tieler's was my favorite. I liked the bodice. He seems to mostly have well thought out looks. He is my favorite of the bunch, so he probably will go next.

Cartier finally made something interesting. I have not been the biggest fan of her designs. She does classic pieces, which is great, but not so much in context of the show. I liked the red dress and the inside detail that she used on the outside. It was something a bit unexpected from her.

I liked Molly's design as well. The color blocking worked very well with her model and I liked the overskirt. 

I was not sure how I was going to like Chelsea's design at the start, but I ended up really liking it.

Chris' design was boring and a bit dated. I did think that the jacket, even though it had construction issues is what kind of saved the look. The belt also, saved the look a bit. 

Besides Izzy's ill fitting dress, I did not think anything that was sent out on the runway was that horrible.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

For once, having Mini Mood was a really good thing!

Tieler's pink dress was so basic. He should have made the bodice higher in the back because attaching off the shoulder sleeves so low made it look like he had the proportions wrong. It also drove me crazy how he kept referring to his client as Miss Megan. I'm sure he meant it in a respectful way because he's younger than she is but it just grates on me. Miss [First Name] is what you call the unlicensed assistant at a nursery school. I also loathe that particular shade of pink.

I miss the trips to Mood and Swatch, but if they're going to have mini-Mood, it would be nice if they just left it open.

"Miss" is also a Southern thing, and isn't Tieler from Louisiana?  I live in Georgia and I get called Miss Meowmommy.

I'm not as big as Izzy's model, but if someone put me in that sleeveless, shapeless, unfinished bag of bandannas, I'd lock myself in a closet somewhere.  Because I would never want anyone to see me.  That said, there was a wide disparity in model body types this week and I suspect the judges, perhaps unconsciously, made allowances for that.  OTOH, I don't know WTF the judge (can't ever remember her name) meant by "Izzy knows how to put on a show."  Is that what they're supposed to be doing?  A show rather than an outfit?  Also did not appreciate KO saying to Chris's model, "He compromised to make you feel great."  That was just rude.

Just thought I'd mention how much better it is to have three consistent judges, two (ok, perhaps three, depending on what you think of KO) of whom actually know something about fashion, instead of the rotating starlet of the week they use on the mothership.

Edited by meowmommy
  • Love 5

I knew as soon as I saw the clients who would win, which is often the case with "real" women. Rosemary or Natalia could have pulled off ANY style and made it look decent. For instance, wasn't that pink thing essentially the same dress as Rosemary's red? Yet, nothing against the client, but she did not wear or walk hers in the same way, and therefore it was not as "wow". That's not to say that there was no difference between the designs, but the two bottom gals had the two women who had more problematic physiques and whose faces showed their age. In Project Runway Senior I have seen an overlay/robe removed and the piece underneath either win or at least declared not a loser before, so Allie probably could have sold her look better. The hideous thing that Izzy created would take a Rosemary or Natalia to pull off.

• Love 1

I thought Chelsea should have/would have won.  She was the actual artist of the group, and didn't have Tim spell out directly and explicitly how to win.  Chelsea approached the project like art ("Tell me about yourself") and the model ended up loving the finished product.  It was a true collaboration.

Cartier and Tieler basically made the same dress.  Ho hum.  The dresses looked great though.

I have huge curves (not in the good way) so no I DON'T think Rosemary could have pulled off everything.  It is very hard to dress with that shape, and it is very easy to get wrong. Try wearing 1 pair of work pants looking like that.  Work pants are made for men's bodies and look like hell on a curvaceous woman.  Just one example.  Try wearing a crop top, or anything that doesn't account for breasts, try wearing a button down shirt, try wearing a deep V.  Try wearing a short skirt. Rosemary looks incredibly banging but the dress did fit her well.  It WAS perfect for her shape, but that's a very hard thing to pull off (Why do you think no runway model looks like Rosemary?  They are built like hangers on purpose).  But I just thought Chelsea had a more interesting and fashion forward idea.  I have to admit that one of the big reasons Rosemary looked so good on that runway, was the dress.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6

When they do these "real women" challenges, the judges should decide before hand if it is more important that they stick to their own aesthetic or more important that they do what the client wants.  I understand that they are supposed to meld the two, but it seems we hear own designer get praised for  "changing up your normal designs for the client," while another gets dinged for "losing herself"

• Love 11
22 hours ago, hjmugillecuty said:

The product placement actually worked: I really want some Takis right now.

Seriously.  I've never noticed them in the stores but if/when I do, I'll pick up a bag.  Not sure why that went over so well, but it kind of did for me!

I hope Izzy rebounds.  I really like her.  She sure lost her mojo though, didn't she?!

I wonder what our world would be like if all kids were raised by women like Teiler's?  How different would it be if boys could wear caps with daisies?

Cartier's inside-out dress was amazing for me but only because it revealed what a talented dress maker she is.   The inside seams were assembled and cut to perfection.  Had they not been, reversing the dress would never have worked.  I'm not sure she has the design chops needed for this competition, but the sewing was amazing and in my mind, just a different kind of artistry.

So, I think it's safe to say Teiler will go the distance.  Chelsea and Molly seem like logical contenders for F3???  If Izzy rebounds and Chris locks down a clear vision for himself, I suppose they could be in the running. 

I actually liked Hawwaa's outfit.  I like the odd pairing of colors and patterns that she and Chris do.  I know they are hit and miss but this was a hit for Hawwaa last night, I think.

Agree with all those who like Hannah as the host.  She's perfect for this show - as is the panel of judges.  As to Kelly Osbourne, many of the kids from Season 1 cited her as their favorite judge because she gave helpful feedback and was super supportive.  I'm down with that.  I've been a fan since Fashion Police though.  I think she has a good eye for fashion and is smart and articulate. I also love her personal style.  She's out of the box but in a non-offensive way. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 12

One thing I REALLY liked about this client challenge is that the designers got to show the clients different fabrics so that the clients could help them choose. Too many times in the past, the designers have chosen colors or patterns that their clients hated so they were not happy with the finished outfit. For once, having Mini Mood was a really good thing!

Chris has amused me in the past but you, sir, are no Santino. Note to all deigners: no one will ever top Santino's Tim Gunn impression so don't bother.

I know that client challenges are tough because not only do the designers have to create something in their usual insanely short time, but they have to please someone who may not have the most fashion forward sense of style. That means a lot of things end up looking like items you can already buy at the mall.

I wasn't crazy about Molly's black and olive green (or brown?) color blocked dress with the high low skirt. How was that considered fashion forward? I will say that the shape of the color blocking was flattering on her model.

I didn't like anything about what Chris made. I didn't like the burgundy lace over the black fabric (that lace looked very 80s bridesmaid to me) and the bolero jacket (which just looked like a regular jacket to me) looked tacky, shapeless, and poorly made.

Although I would never go looking for a cat dress, Chelsea made something unique that her client loved so I'll give her that. I still really like her so I'm glad she did something different from the rest of the pack.

I give Allie points for trying to mix prints, but that leafy print over stripes didn't work for me, and that is a separate problem from the design of the dress itself. It looked lie a casual day dress (not a date night dress) crossed with the Blanche Devereaux collection. But she matched up all the stripes so props for that!

Hawwaa's was very obviously hers. I didn't lke the lace at the neck or the cutouts on the shoulders, and the client looked unhappy

Izzy's dress was terrible in every way. The reddish pattern was ugly, the panels on the skirt looked messy, and the top looked shapeless/not fitted well. I feel like she didn't know how to deal with a non-model body. It did not help that Izzy was wearing yellow reindeer antlers this week.

Cartier's red dress had a classic silhouette and I agree with Tim that the triangular seams added an interesting detail. Without that touch, it would have been just another red dress. I liked the off the shoulder sleeves on this dress. The shape was so much better than the ones on Tieler's dress.

Tieler calling her Miss was a respectful thing. Many kids in the South are taught you don't call adults by their first name. I was raised in the Caribbean with the same idea.

• Love 8

Iggy's headpieces are getting stranger.   Is she channeling Steve Martin's Wild and Craaaaaaaazy Guy?   I think an arrow will be next.

Loved that Cartier won -- she had a woman with a real figure that she built a dress for and, while Tieler's dress was gorgeous, his client was the most model-esque shaped.   The designer with the most model-esque model and strong look typically win.

Two looks up on that runway that I would not have wanted to wear:  Iggy's hot mess and Mawwaa's open backed number.   And I adore polka dots.

• Love 3

I liked the pink dress more than the red dress.

Allie was never going to win, with her conservative (small "c") fashion sense.

On a different note: If one wants to be chosen for a "Junior" show, it helps to have an unusual name or a common name spelled uniquely. (See also: Championship, Kids Baking)

• Love 1
15 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Tieler is becoming a favorite.  Loved how he kept referring to his model as "Miss Megan" like a nice, respectful Southern young man. His mammas raised him right!

I love this too - I noticed in a previous episode (maybe last week?) that he addressed Kelly as "ma'am" during judging. So southern and so charming. 

This was a pretty good week for all the Juniors being charming and adorable - I giggled at Allie's "I've never had a date night, really, before, but I babysit so... I do know what you're supposed to wear on that kind of thing." <3 And Cartier's giddiness at her "turned my look around" pun was excellent. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, millennium said:

When you make a woman look THAT BAD you deserve to go home. That red thing was a monstrosity.

• Love 7

That pink dress was hideous and I can't believe that it was in the top.  The colour was awful, the fit was awful, and it just looked trashy.  None of the looks were particularly good this week.  Definitely missing last season, which had some much better designers.

• Love 3

I thought it looked great.  I think if you picture it in black it's very hard to dislike.  The arm detail was so sexy.

Also, I thought Cartier's ORIGINAL dress looked really great, too.  But it was very my taste.  I'm surprised Tim didn't like it.  His suggestions were very aggressive this week and seemed to work out.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

One of the reasons so many of us loved PR:Junior's first season was because it avoided most of the tired bullshit of the current version of the main PR show.  Leave it to PR's producers to totally not get that, and to slowly bring on all of the worst habits of PR proper into Junior.  Tonight's episode was a good example of that.  Here's some of what we saw:

1) Project Personality.  In the first season of Junior, the judging was actually quite good across the board, not the cracked WTF judging we see so much of these days on the main show.  Kiss that goodbye.  Like many contestants on the main PR, Izzy is actually on a secret show called Project Personality, while the other contestants are still on Project RunwayProject Personality contestants can make garbage and the absolute objectively worst attrocities and still not be eliminated, because the producers think their personality for one reason or another is good tv.  Meanwhile, the other contestants have to play by the actual rules of the show.  Izzy's look last week was shoddy and absolutely over-praised by the judges and tonight it was absolutely terrible, as many here have pointed out the worst by any standard, yet she doesn't go home.  Hmmm.

2) Project Backbite and Bicker.  This is the saddest thing to see go.  Season 1 was sweet and so full of camaraderie, but we've already had a full episode earlier this season where two contestants were at each other's throats, and tonight they had to include that scene where people were screaming "shut up" at each other across the workroom.  I have a feeling season 1 would have left that crap on the editing room floor and kept the focus on the kids' talent where it belongs.

3) Project Product Placement.  I fully understand the show has to have some product placement to help with costs, but I've never seen it feel as out-of-hand on any of the incarnations of PR as it does on this season of Junior.  It feels like they're pushing a product in these kids' faces every few minutes and a lot of them don't even make any sense on a fashion show.  Here kids, have some potato chips or whatever it was tonight, even though it has nothing to do with fashion or with a fireman's challenge.  It just seems really gross when you have contestants this young being frequently used as shills.  Maybe they should make the judges have to start shilling the products during their time for once.  After all, they're adults.  If they say they won't do it because of their dignity... then, yeah, that's the point.

Edited by bobbyjoe
  • Love 6

It wasn't black, it was (as Chris pointed out) Pepto Bismol hideous pink.  Even in black, the fit would have been terrible.  I find it very easy to dislike.

But I agree that both versions of Cartier's dress were great and she deserved the win.

• Love 2

I think they keep Hawwaa on for one reason, and that's her look, because she sure isn't a designer.  I think they feel her piercings and weird lip and brow colors give them street cred. Izzy comes off as being the judges' little pet and she comes off as someone who's more like 10 than 16.  

While Allie's dress wasn't good,  how could they think that Izzy's horrible scarves on a belt was better?   That red thing made her person look 5 sizes larger than she was.  And I didn't understand the gushing over the red dress that won.  When I saw the inside out seams, it reminded me of the back ridges of a stuffed dinosaur.  And, I think the dress was too tight and poorly fitted.  

• Love 4

I cannot believe sweet Izzy did not go home for that mess of a dress. In the immortal words of Nina Garcia, I question her taste level. I love how eager the junior designers are to embrace Tim's suggestions to improve their work. I always contrast this with the regular PR designers who are so horrified to be questioned and always feel their are going to lose their own personal "aesthetic", which most of them can't pronounce, anyway. I adored Cartier's inside-out dress, and I really didn't think Allie's was that terrible. Maybe it wasn't a date-night dress, but she's young - what would she know about how an adult would dress on date night? Like the avant-garde challenge, maybe this also needs to be explained to the designers? Don't assume they know things that are kind of beyond them.

• Love 3

Try wearing a crop top, or anything that doesn't account for breasts, try wearing a button down shirt, try wearing a deep V.  Try wearing a short skirt.

Hey, Ashley (winner of Season 14) says you can wear all that!  And with a bouquet of flowers on your head.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I thought it looked great.  I think if you picture it in black it's very hard to dislike.  The arm detail was so sexy.

Black would've made it look more like evening wear to me. That pale pink color looked like a bridesmaid dress. I've seen ones similar to it at David's Bridal. With that being said, it was well tailored and fit her like a glove so that put it above Izzy's. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Izzy needs to thank her lucky hair sprouts for that near miss.  She should have gone home for that tragedy.  That looked like something my daughter did with a basket of old scarves tucked into a belt...when she was 4. 

Perfect description! The judges be crazy.

I also blame Tim; if he hadn't wasted his save on whiny Urkel he could've saved the lovely Allie.

• Love 6

I'm just hear to comment on the Takis: while I've never had them, you would not believe how much the kids at pretty much every school I've worked at loved them.

To quote a sixth-grader I worked with: "I would literally kill somebody for a bag of Takis."

• Love 1

WTF with this challenge? Couldn't they find any female firefighters in all of New York to dress? Dressing the wives of firefighters, with the guys standing by to give their opinions, seemed very retro and not in a good way. 

Izzy should have gone home for sure.

1 hour ago, Imapanda said:

Cartier's dress looked exactly like a short version of the dress Christian Siriano designed for Leslie Jones for The Ghostbusers movie premier

Except for the inside-out part. I will always love Christian Siriano for making that dress.

• Love 12

I thought maybe that's why Tim made a point to tell her to turn it inside out?  So it wouldn't exactly the same.  I loved that Christian Siriano made it as well.

Edited by Imapanda
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Sesquipedalia said:

WTF with this challenge? Couldn't they find any female firefighters in all of New York to dress? Dressing the wives of firefighters, with the guys standing by to give their opinions, seemed very retro and not in a good way. 

yeah, when I first heard the "firefighter" challenge I thought, cool, taking women who dress down for their job and make them feel special and sexy for a night out. Cool, and great way to honor the women who risk their lives for us. But nope, it was about honoring the men who risk their lives by making their little ladies' pretty. Why bother having the firefighter angle? It at least would have seemed more inspired if it were men returning home from the military and this was a surprise for them, to see their wives all gussied up for a hot date. Still antiquated, but at least with more heart. This was just so random.

I am still dumbfounded that Izzy got away with sticking scarves in a belt and calling it a dress. I used to do that when I was a little girl playing make believe and mine looked way better than that mess.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Imapanda said:

Cartier's dress looked exactly like a short version of the dress Christian Siriano designed for Leslie Jones for The Ghostbusers movie premier to me.http://www.etonline.com/news/192898_leslie_jones_opens_up_about_her_stunning_ghostbusters_premiere_dress_i_feel_like_a_dream/

But, as it's dated of July 10, 2016, who did it first ? (I don't know when PRJunior was filmed, so it's a real question :D )

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Imapanda said:

Cartier's dress looked exactly like a short version of the dress Christian Siriano designed for Leslie Jones for The Ghostbusers movie premier to me.http://www.etonline.com/news/192898_leslie_jones_opens_up_about_her_stunning_ghostbusters_premiere_dress_i_feel_like_a_dream/

Just a little surprised that all this time later, after all the things CS has done since PR, that the writer felt compelled to note that he was a PR winner.  In this context it felt like an asterisk rather than a compliment.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Sesquipedalia said:

Wow, I love how your brain works. I didn't even think of that.

• Love 3