Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E04: Week 4: Nick's Hometown

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

They were on Bachelor in Paradise together, and he did ask her on a date.  I don't remember if it was only one date, though.

He did, when? I just remember Nick going on dates with Leah, who asked him, then asking Amanda out on one date and then later he and Jen hooking up. I remember Jubilee going out on a date with Jared, who wasn't really interested in her and then she was eliminated in the first rose ceremony. Did I miss an entire episode? It's entirely possible because admittedly I really don't pay that much attention to BIP. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

He did, when? I just remember Nick going on dates with Leah, who asked him, then asking Amanda out on one date and then later he and Jen hooking up. I just remember Jubilee going out on a date with Jared, who wasn't interested and then being eliminated in the first rose ceremony. Did I miss an entire episode? It's entirely possible because admittedly I really don't pay that much attention to BIP. 

Wow, you're fast LOL :)  I edited my post to say I thought he asked her on a date.  So it was Jared?  Geez, I guess I REALLY wasn't paying attention!

Edited by ByTor
12 hours ago, waving feather said:

Is Corinne performing satire? Because sometimes I get the feeling she is.

I was okay with Raven's story until she felt the need to say she saw that girl's vagina. Does that enhance the story in anyway besides from making it trashier?

See, I think she is just younger than her years.  Us "seasoned" women would keep that in and make a quiet remark about the cheating. 

• Love 2
On 1/25/2017 at 10:36 AM, seasick said:

I thought that too.  She's full of baloney.  Trying to be this tough girl--calling Nick an Asshole etc.  She doesn't know enough to realize that "trashy" --which seems to be the most popular thing on tv-- is just trash.   Very unflattering--and by the way it did appear that Nick was told  allow her to tell this  -what she thought was self- aggrandizing -story. It made her sound like an idiot. 

I thought Nick was coached too. The way he kept saying, "and then what did you do" sounded like he was trying to pull details out of her and saying it repeatedly made it seem as if he knew there was more. This isn't the first time I have noticed this on the show so I believe the producers grill these women for months before the shooting starts and because they sign a contract they have no control over what the producers choose to use. She had already told Nick in a cocktail party 1 on 1 when she last had a boyfriend and that it ended with her walking in on him cheating. So why the need to bring it up again and all the minute details? Because he already knew them via the producers and was told to coach the story out of her?

I'm sure these women have handlers whose job it is to encourage, suggest and steer the women. Of course we know it's usually not for their good. I think a lot of them, although they most likely have seen the show, come into it thinking they can withstand all the drama and they're too level headed to be prodded into something that will make them look foolish or bad. For some anyway. I believe others don't care and are actually on for the exposure but for those who are more naive they probably underestimate how the show can affect them. Brittany was a good example this week when she said during the exit interview, "I've always seen the women crying at this point and thought I would never do that. But now I understand. It really does get to you". So in some ways it's kind of hard to know how Raven falls in this as she seemed all to willing to share the gory details which yes made her look like a idiot, but if she acted that enthused telling the producers then I'm sure they were jumping for joy with that information. Which would be kind of sad if she truly was that unaware of how she would be perceived and that the producers used her for ratings. Then on the other hand it's kind of hard to feel sorry for any of these women when they choose to go on this show. As the warning goes, "enter at your own risk".

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Well, she's certainly not a locksmith...

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

If it were the case I'm sure Raven would have no problem kicking it open.

Excellent snark you two. Funny.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

See, I think she is just younger than her years.  Us "seasoned" women would keep that in and make a quiet remark about the cheating. 

33 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

Which would be kind of sad if she truly was that unaware of how she would be perceived and that the producers used her for ratings.

I used a line from one of my posts because your post aligns perfectly with what I was trying to say. Your right more mature women would be aware and slightly ashamed of repeating a story like that. But if Raven is younger than her years in terms of self awareness (and the fact that she so eagerly told the story suggests that she is) than she was easy for the producers to manipulate.

It's possible they 'threaten' them with editing and the rose.    My guess is that Nick has several that he picks to keep--and the rest are left to the producers if it's all the same to him.     "If you don't have an interesting story to tell-well then we can't promise that your time with Nick will make it in the edit--after all we can only use so much footage"  I think they catch on that the producers have a say in who stays.  i'm sure they promised those dopey guys who kept confronting Chad that they would get roses if they agreed to go in for the drama.

I read Sharleen"s ? blog linked here.  I never read her inside scoops before.  Very interesting.  I don't know if she ever alluded to this issue, but I found this blog interesting, even though I didn't agree with her opinions on some of the girls.  I loved her in Juan Pablo's season.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Maybe on the next episode Taylor can explain this to her :)

Ha...if there's any truth to Raven's story than Taylor would need to tread lightly. And not sit too close in case Raven got angry and pulled off her shoe.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, backformore said:

I like Sharleen, I enjoy her insights. She never seemed to fit on the show.   When she was on, I always thought of her as having mistakenly entered the wrong limo, and ended up on The BAchelor instead of the symphony. 

And then she ended up on the season with the guy who couldn't rub two brain cells together--Juan Pablo.  

• Love 3

Ugh - i did not find corinne amusing this episode.  SHe was the one starting the conversations witht the other women (with the exception of the one moment, post bouncy house, where Sarah, Taylor and someone else went to wake her up to make sure she made the rose ceremony).  But that moment seemed honestly kind to me, though it was editted in with talking heads to make it seem a little meaner. 

I have dealt with male Corinnes during my professional life, and they honestly are the worst, jumping in, interrupting, reacting to one word in a conversation, not the thought.  I was impressed with the way Taylor handled the bigheadedness.  SHe was clearly exasperated, but not rude.  Though she did become a bit condescending as the inanity wore on.  I feel a bit bad for Taylor, I think she is trying to stay above/out of the fray, but isnt doing a great job of it. 

• Love 1

Yeah, she really was on the wrong season. I think Sharleen and Nick would have had some interesting conversations if she'd been on his season. But I agree with the person up thread. She definitely stepped into the wrong limo and found herself in crazytown.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, fib said:

Ugh - i did not find corinne amusing this episode.  SHe was the one starting the conversations witht the other women

What annoyed me was Corinne was all "If you have a problem with me come to me, don't talk behind my back" (a very reasonable request, by the way).  So Kristina talks to her & Corrine does the "OMG you're attacking me, I'm not talking to you anymore."  Emotional immaturity indeed!

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

What I don't really get, unless the show is now literally scripted, is why didn't any of these women go jump into the bouncy house and ruin Corinne's "evil plan".

Oh, if only. This would have been so great. Especially if she was mid-straddle at the time. All the extra weight of a bunch of new people entering might just send her flying. Good times. The sulking about it later would be less good, but I think it would be worth it.

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:12 AM, kingshearte said:

Oh, if only. This would have been so great. Especially if she was mid-straddle at the time. All the extra weight of a bunch of new people entering might just send her flying. Good times. The sulking about it later would be less good, but I think it would be worth it.

Yes, a "mind if WE interrupt?"  followed by a pile-on by all the women, would have been great.  But I think that they were blocked from going in, otherwise they would have.

• Love 3

I didn't like Raven before, and now I think she's an immature fool.  She didn't own her "boyfriend" and had no right to damage his property or assault two people.  Didn't her intro say she's all about beer, Bible, and football? I guess she was ramped up on righteousness, booze, and aggression when she planned her childish (and illegal) attack. 

I am not anti-religion at all, BTW. 

She is just icky.  What kind and decent guy would go out with her after hearing that?  She might be a good match for Josh.

• Love 4

It is just sad to me that I have Googled articles of people saying she was a feminist  or standing up for herself or they act like it's funny.   I don't think it's funny at all and she's lucky they didn't press charges.  That may want to do an in-depth background check they make her the next Bachelorette.

• Love 2

Corinne is clearly performing. Whenever she makes one of her more absurd statements, she looks as though she's on the verge of cracking up laughing.  Something in all this reminds me of the TV show The Simple Life, where Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie were playing to the cameras. She's like a low-rent Paris/Nicole combo who is angling for her own reality show. By the way, I'm not hating it. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, LittleCabbage said:

Corinne is clearly performing. Whenever she makes one of her more absurd statements, she looks as though she's on the verge of cracking up laughing.  Something in all this reminds me of the TV show The Simple Life, where Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie were playing to the cameras. She's like a low-rent Paris/Nicole combo who is angling for her own reality show. By the way, I'm not hating it. 

Yeah she's clearly not on for Nick. It would be hilarious if he picked her in the end. I really don't think that will happen but that would be a funny scenario. She would be all, "but he wasn't supposed to pick me. Now I have to pretend until the show has aired!" That would be the fastest breakup in show history.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

I was fascinated by how quickly corrine was shoveling whatever snacks they had at the cocktail party--she was drunk out her her mind! lol!

It looked like miniature egg rolls. I think it was the editing monkeys at work though, and she didn't really eat that fast.

33 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

It looked like miniature egg rolls. I think it was the editing monkeys at work though, and she didn't really eat that fast.

she and the other girl were shoving them down, actually when Im drunk I can get like that lol. the scene made me hungry!!

On 1/30/2017 at 8:34 PM, chocolatine said:

Ohhhh, I thought it looked like fruit haha!  I thought she was eating that fast, since Josephine told her to chew her food.

Just now watching this season so excuse the bump, but with as many times as Nick’s little sister has been featured on all of Nick’s seasons he’s been in, I’m starting to wonder if she’ll wind up on the Bachelorette at some point if this show keeps going. 😩😂

• Useful 1