Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E04: Week 4: Nick's Hometown

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

MVP of the night was Nick's dad: "We don't want to see you on another one of these shows." - You and me both, sir!

Thirded! Or Fourthed, if I'm including Nick's mom.  I must not have paid much attention the first time around, but I like Nick's parents.  They seem to genuinely like each other, which I imagine is not easy to do after X years of marriage and a basketball team of children. 

It's strange to be in his hometown this early, but maybe it's been done before. That said, Nick in a Henley was a visual treat.  

I think Danielle M is the business owner? She doesn't seem vapid to me.  A bit giggly, but she strikes me as careful about how she comes across on camera.  It's one thing to show off the girls, but she seems to stay away from the drama and just enjoy the time she has with Nick. Whatever one's personal feelings about other women in the house, that seems like the best strategy.  

• Love 2

It's strange to be in his hometown this early, but maybe it's been done before. 

It was a last minute decision. They were supposed to go to St. Thomas or something but a Hurricane made travel impossible so they switched to his hometown. 

I think Danielle M is the business owner? She doesn't seem vapid to me.  A bit giggly, but she strikes me as careful about how she comes across on camera.  It's one thing to show off the girls, but she seems to stay away from the drama and just enjoy the time she has with Nick. Whatever one's personal feelings about other women in the house, that seems like the best strategy.  

That's Danielle L. - Danielle M. is the neo-natal nurse who had the first 1 on 1. Yes Danielle L. stays out of the drama (though she dared to break one of the franchise rules by taking Nick first at the cocktail party even if she already had a rose - kidding, I think people being pissed about that is ridiculous) but that's not why people think she's vapid. It really doesn't seem like she ever has anything particularly interesting to say and just giggles her way through.

I will give that her talking about her parents' divorce was nice but I definitely felt like that's what Nick was subtly trying to say about her when he started with the stuff about her always being so put together and wanting to know more. I feel like what he was really asking is if there was anything besides a cute smile and massive fake boobs that she sure loves showing off. 

Speaking about the boobs, I read the spoilers from people who were at the filming of the date and I kept waiting for the moment last night and was shocked when the producers completely avoided it. I'd think that would be right up their alley - guess even they were like, "oh, her boobs are falling out of her dress designed to put them full on display - joy". 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

The farm they went to was in Omro, my friend said it's right down the street from her house! It's about an hour and a half from Milwaukee. Waukesha looked pretty beautiful.

Whitney and Astrid were sitting next to eachother and looked like twins! I haven't heard Whitney say a peep and actually thought her name was Lindsay until coming here.

How does one develop a Nick Cage phobia? Was it the accent from "Con Air"?

I was very bored by this episode because it was all Corrine and I could really care less. How boring must the rest be if they have to focus so much on her?

Also I would like a Nickerdoodle.

• Love 2

Where she starred in a  Cole Swindell music video ...  I was disappointed to find that the sweet "normal," nurse is really just another fame whore.  I sometimes think the job titles they have on the show represent something they did for a week two years ago.

I have to admit, I am a bit confused. You were watching and liking Danielle M on The Bachelor, but when you discovered she had appeared in a music video for Cole Swindell, whoever the hell that is, it was only then that you were disappointed to find that Danielle M was a fame whore? It seems to me her appearance on The Bachelor would have been the smoking gun as to her fame whore-dom.

Not disagreeing with your conclusion as to Danielle M.'s being a fame whore, but the timeline of events seems a bit jumbled.

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, Kbilly said:

She said it was him pulling his face off in Face/Off. Though if that's the case, wouldn't she also have a John Travolta phobia?

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 5

Nick was a grown ass man when his sister was born? That's creepy! I mean, she's old enough to be his daughter. Also, I'm sure his sister's soccer coach wasn't too thrilled of being relieved of his job by some reality show star.

Why is that creepy? I'm 16 years older than my youngest brother (older brother is 18 years older) and never found anything creepy about it.

• Love 22
On 1/24/2017 at 7:11 AM, JudyObscure said:

I was trying not to think of Raven as a hick just based on her accent.   I'm from West Virginia so I know how accents can be misleading, but  when she got to her story of suspecting her boyfriend was with another woman and her mother encouraging her to go get in the middle of it, I couldn't withhold my hillbilly-judgment any longer. Then there were the graphic details of the scene and finally a stiletto.  To his head.  That sounds like attempted murder to me and not nearly as cute as she thinks it is. 

I agree with this. I'm from the south too and although I think this type of behavior isn't confined to the south it is part of what contributes to the stereotype of the south. I'll be the first one to call a spade a spade though. Regarding her thinking it was cute: I do have to wonder if she slightly exaggerated that whole story somewhat for that very reason. She thought it was cute. Really doesn't matter. Either way she came off at the least as out of touch and immature and at the worst as someone with anger issues and a little trashy.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Why did Vanessa bring that scrapbook on the date? And why did Nick thank her students for letting her come? They had nothing to do with it. Duh.

As a parent, I would be pissed if my kid was making stuff so some teacher could become a reality show contestant!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Why is that creepy? I'm 16 years older than my youngest brother (older brother is 18 years older) and never found anything creepy about it.

Nick was in his twenties when Bella was born. Different strokes, I guess.

Corinne doesn't seem to be an issue for Nick at all.  He seems to know he's playing a role and that Corrine is the entertainment while he's not onscreen.  I'm sure the "come to Jesus" moment Chris had with Nick was, "look, she's annoying but she's willing to do what we tell her and the rest of the girls are boring and annoyed so, she needs to stay.  Just continue to lean away from her and you'll be fine."  That's got to be close to the talk he had with Vanessa about her too, because she seems to have backed off.

Danielle had her ponytail strategically placed, I'm guessing the censors weren't going to let her get away with that dress.  Why not wear a fun dress that fits?  Or atleast wear that one at a rose ceremony when it wouldn't be as noticeable when you are standing.

Raven, sounds at little scary.  Going after an ex with a stiletto?  And he gave her a rose after that?  I do think the rollerskating seemed like the most fun date, especially since Nick could actually skate.

The farm date was so dumb.  Nick was uncomfortable, admittedly a city kid, and having the girls shovel poop is just lame.  Gee, what a great date, not only are their 15 people on it, we get to shovel poop!  Said no one ever.

Judging by Nick's body language, the only one he seems very interested in is Vanessa.  She seems to like him, but also be wary of him.

• Love 2

Maybe it's because I'm a born and bred Georgian, but I've never considered Arkansas part of the South. I also thought the term hillbilly was used to describe those in rural areas, particularly the Appalachian region.  Raven's story ain't a regional thang! Women fly into a rage over a cheating man worldwide. 

Most of the women have nothing interesting to say, so I don't perceive Danielle particularly egregious in that regard.  But I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt since I assume she's an authentic business owner, and it takes some level of intelligence to keep them running.  I pretty much ignore Corinne, so I'm grateful that one of the frontrunners appears to do the same. Anyone with the self-awareness to put Corinne on ignore isn't vapid to me, but different strokes. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

It was a last minute decision. They were supposed to go to St. Thomas or something but a Hurricane made travel impossible so they switched to his hometown. 

Reality Steve said the original destination was South Carolina, but the hurricane came instead.  The concert was also supposed to take place in SC., so the show relocated the concert.  It was clear the show had put out a call to Bachelor Nation in the area to fill the venue, because there were way few guys in the audience.

previous poster talked about Jaime's nose piercing - so has my husband commented.  He agrees she should have ditched it.

1 minute ago, b2H said:

It was clear the show had put out a call to Bachelor Nation in the area to fill the venue, because there were way few guys in the audience.

It was pretty darn obvious that they were there to see "The Bachelor" (and his date) and not the "star"

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

Maybe it's because I'm a born and bred Georgian, but I've never considered Arkansas part of the South. I also thought the term hillbilly was used to describe those in rural areas, particularly the Appalachian region.  

I'm in Boston and when I think of the Deep South I think of Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee.  to me she had a typical southern hillbilly accent  that went along perfectly with that story. 

• Love 4

As bad as The Bachelor Starring Nick might get, the Corinne Show is infinitely worse.

Drunken antics, gratuitous nudity, me-me-me episodes and a total lack of self-awareness are amusing for 20-30 minutes but they cannot and should not be the focal point of two shows of two hours each (less commercials).

We’ve seen the producers throw their hands up before as they grow exasperated with the lack of personality and chemistry in and between the Bachelor and his harem.  Yes, it’s Reality TV:  people don’t watch Pawn Stars for the thrill of locating a mint buffalo nickel; they watch Pawn Stars to see arguments and haggling.  Corinne may not be a plant per se but she is irresistible to the bored, cynical Fleissians including one C. Harrison, Esquire, who is a producer himself and should know when too much is too much.  Shifting the RC around some more meant that Corinne and the terminally bitchy Taylor (who was wielding her book learning like a bullwhip) served as the cliffhanger rather than um…um…give me a second to remember his name….oh yeah..Nick the Bachelor.

To quote Catherine (Giuduci) Lowe’s acidic comment last night:  ‘Milwaukee.  Yay.’  Pack those bikinis away and be still your beating hearts, ladies, you’re off to the Upper Midwest!  Given that we know the finale is in Finland (say that three times fast!), this will be a long dreary cold-weather slog for these poor females who expected a bit of sun on a California or Florida beach, possibly Mexico.

So we’re in the Land of Cheese made even cheesier with Nick’s domineering mother and her Wiskaaansin accent.  Nick’s henpecked father gives us instant insight into where Nick learned his Beta Male moves.  ‘We don’t want to see you on this show again,’ says the father.  Not even the Fleissians are that desperate and unimaginative, Dad.

Nick still seems unclear on the variety pack aspect of this show, so Danielle L and her big-ticket sweater puppies are given another day/night on the town with a cringe-overload ‘chance’ meetup with Nick’s ex.  Still, that doesn’t dampen DL’s spirit or her determination to wear as little as possible on the night date, cool weather and a dreadful Bro Country concert be damned.

It's stating the obvious to say that Danielle L is more interested in being on teevee than in Nick but unlike some past fame-seekers I don't resent her for it.

To be fair to Nick, the scales seem to have fallen from his eyes where the fetching Kristina is concerned and her patience is rewarded with a rose.

Another (yawn) round or two of Corinne vs All The Other Girls commences as Nick finds that Raven is quite intriguing after all.  As the laptop logos of the extras in the Nick/Danielle coffee scene were taped over, the soccer shirt of Nick’s sister has a logo blanked out with tape.  Raven’s boutique has apparently bought up some Frederick’s of Hollywood surplus and she’s worn a racy, lacey little number for the art museum date but the diminutive dress (?) doesn’t keep her from enthusiastically rollerblading to celebrate her rose.

Vanessa gets a meager amount of camera time but that is obviously an editing ploy to keep her from looking like too much of a favorite.

On any other season the stunning and serene Whitney would be chased like a mechanical rabbit at a greyhound track but she can barely get a look-in due to Nick’s need to be beat over the head with clues.  Danielle M looked to be a contender but is the forgotten woman and is starting to despair.  Sarah is also a face in the crowd but she daringly and skillfully took on Corinne – it may not do much for her in the Nick stakes but at least she had her innings.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

I agree with this. I'm from the south too and although I think this type of behavior isn't confined to the south it is what contributes to the stereotype of the south. I'll be the first one to call a spade a spade though. Regarding her thinking it was cute: I do have to wonder if she slightly exaggerated that whole story somewhat for that very reason. She thought it was cute. Really doesn't matter. Either way she came off at the least as out of touch and immature and at the worst as someone with anger issues and a little trashy.

I agree with you and @JudyObscure.  Rather than thinking it funny she appeared to be proud of taking charge and assaulting her boyfriend.  It was something she expected Nick and others to see as an admiral trait.  I think she identifies as being spunky and a real pistol.  

Since her mother set it up, this behavior is probably viewed as a good thing to do in her culture.  

She asked Nick's parents if he was spanked a lot.  Another sign hitting is something she accepts as conflict resolution!  LOL  

• Love 6

I learned in this episode that not only are there contestants named Whitney and Astrid, but that they are two different people.  

If Corinne does not end up on Bachelor in Paradise engaged to Chad by the end of the season, then this entire season will have been a waste. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

Maybe it's because I'm a born and bred Georgian, but I've never considered Arkansas part of the South. I also thought the term hillbilly was used to describe those in rural areas, particularly the Appalachian region.  Raven's story ain't a regional thang! Women fly into a rage over a cheating man worldwide. 

Thank you for the post because it irritates me that we're all labeled.

I was born in North Carolina, raised in North Florida, and frequently visited my dad's family in NC. I recognize Raven's accent as sounding southern, but so what? That doesn't make her less intelligent.

It would be nice if people didn't act like southerners are all stupid. Just because you hear an accent doesn't mean the person is an idiot. Being from the south or having an accent doesn't automatically equal hillbilly, redneck, country, trashy, racist, or bigot. Just saying. 

And don't blame us because Raven has a temper. Sounds to me like that's Nick's problem to figure out.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Lemons said:

I'm in Boston and when I think of the Deep South I think of Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee.  to me she had a typical southern hillbilly accent  that went along perfectly with that story. 

See? That's the problem. Why is her accent hillbilly? Did you know that calling somebody a hillbilly is not a compliment? Did you know that not all of the south is in the hills of Appalachia? That was a really mean thing to say. You are implying that all southerners are violent and trashy. surely you didn't mean to offend everybody from the south. Or did you?

Afterthought. In the video above, why didn't Nick kindly tuck the boob back into the dress or at least alert Danielle to the problem? There's no way he didn't notice but he just kept on dancing.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

I think Danielle M (L) is the business owner? She doesn't seem vapid to me.  A bit giggly, but she strikes me as careful about how she comes across on camera.  It's one thing to show off the girls, but she seems to stay away from the drama and just enjoy the time she has with Nick. Whatever one's personal feelings about other women in the house, that seems like the best strategy.  

I don't find her vapid, either. Asking his ex why she thought Nick is still on the market was a smart question, assuming she wasn't fed it by the producers. She reminds me of Caila, who was also measured in her demeanor. It's a smart strategy for someone considering post-Bachelor exposure, which I'm assuming includes pretty much every woman on the show. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Nedsdag said:

Nick was in his twenties when Bella was born. Different strokes, I guess.

Different strokes for his parents. And in any case, I don't see how his parents having kids years apart like that would reflect on Nick in any way. 

As for the situation in general, while I wouldn't call it creepy, I would say it gets awkward at times. I say this as someone who has siblings old enough to be my parents. Growing up I often felt a tad embarrassed by that, but that feeling faded as I got older.

• Love 11

I actually missed the story about the shoe, saw it someone's post.  I agree, being angry is not a regional thing, but assaulting someone is serious.  Real respect and dignity for yourself dictates that you walk away and "never let them see you sweat."  As someone who has worked with victims for some years, I am always bothered by the double standard.   If a man had done something like that the reaction would be quite different.  Doesn't matter that she was "wronged," as my mom says two wrongs don't make a right.  I also don't think age is an excuse.  If this behavior was encouraged by her parent that is slightly disturbing. I can't imagine my mom encouraging me 

I should reserve my opinion until I  look at a clip and find out what she actually said, but again, I don't think Raven is mature enough for a Nick and after listening to him I would say that is a good thing for her.  I thought that without seeing or hearing about the clip.   But then again, she did tell him she likes a certain type of guy. 

Judging by some of the comments I managed to miss more of the episode than I thought.  I didn't see half of what I have read.   Unfortunately it seemed no matter how many times I turned the tv, etc. whenever I came back it was always Corrine.  I swear, I thought the whole episode was about her.  

Can't put my finger on why Jasmine bugs me....but she does. 

• Love 3

- Taylor reminds of Kelsey Poe. Ugh 

- is Josephine trans? 

- I want to see/hear more of Jasmine!

- A poster mentioned they thought the age difference between nick and his sis was creepy. I don't get it. How is that creepy? If his parents had 11 kids that's only an avg of 2 yrs apart per kid. What is creepy about that?

- I can't even with Danielle L's giggle.  Once you notice it, it's all you'll hear.  Enough of her.

- love his interactions with Brittany they show at the end!  He's a funny dude. 

-I think Nick is my favorite bachelor so far, and I've watched this religiously since Andrew Firestone's season. My favorite convo was when he and Raven were talking about getting cheated on and he asked her why she didn't tell ppl and she said it was between him and the guy, and he was like "that's not the real answer but ok".  HE ACTUALLY HAS A HEAD ON HIS SHOULDERS PEOPLE!  He's not a Sean Lowe/Ben Higgins robot. And his insightful reasoning about why ppl keep it to themselves because they feel ashamed was just so refreshing.  

- Nick has never cheated on a girlfriend. Love him even more. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

There's the southeast which encompasses the deep south and the Appalachian south. And then there's the southwest eg...Texas, Oklahoma. To me Arkansas is kind of the border between these regions and they share of lot of similarities.  

3 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Thank you for the post because it irritates me that we're all labeled.

I was born in North Carolina, raised in North Florida, and frequently visited my dad's family in NC. I recognize Raven's accent as sounding southern, but so what? That doesn't make her less intelligent.

It would be nice if people didn't act like southerners are all stupid. Just because you hear an accent doesn't mean the person is an idiot. Being from the south or having an accent doesn't automatically equal hillbilly, redneck, country, trashy, racist, or bigot. Just saying. 

And don't blame us because Raven has a temper. Sounds to me like that's Nick's problem to figure out.

This post is on point! I'm from east Tennessee born and bred. Dolly Parton is from a town about 75 miles from me and she represents the region well. Like her people here are extremely generous, forthcoming and welcoming. So to a lot of people that makes me a "hillbilly". I don't accept the negative connotations to that term but I am very proud of where I'm from and no one should judge people based on a stereotype.

5 hours ago, Lemons said:

We have no more share of illiterate, criminal or deadbeat citizens than any of part of the country (and in some cases less so) but we continue to get this because for decades that's all Hollywood and the media wanted to portray. Being from Boston to us you have a accent but if you visited here I would guarantee you would be welcomed and treated no different than anyone else. Your post is offending. Like @Nowhere said just because Raven has issues doesn't mean you should generalize a whole population that way.

4 hours ago, wings707 said:

Since her mother set it up, this behavior is probably viewed as a good thing to do in her culture.  

She asked Nick's parents if he was spanked a lot.  Another sign hitting is something she accepts as conflict resolution!  LOL  

I didn't take that comment that way at all. A "spanking" is meant as a few swats on the behind. And usually little mischievous boys get a lot of them. I took it as her way of asking if Nick was very mischievous when he was that age. Heck there's even a photograph of Princess Diana swatting William on the behind when he was misbehaving on the soccer field.

Her culture??? The south doesn't have a patent on angry behavior.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 4

Raven admitted her violent temperament came off a lot more troubling than cute to me (and I think cute and spunky is what she intended). 

Nick's response to Vanessa makes me wonder if that was the best way he could reassure her that Corinne is there to serve a purpose for the show and not necessarily for him. He managed an actual conversation with Corinne during their alone time so maybe he's got it in the back of his head that Vanessa could be watching, haha. 

Maybe because I'm bias and am rooting for Vanessa or maybe that's because I'm 100% sold on their chemistry but these one on one dates seem cute and in the moment but there's just something different when I see him with Vanessa. It seems like a completely authentic connection going on there. Wonder if the screen time between the two will be limited to an extent just so that Vanessa isn't seen as the clear favourite. 

I get that Corinne comes across as insecure and immature but why are these women calling out Corinne's age when there are women that are younger or the same age as her? And to be fixated enough where it literally becomes the circle of conversation is exhausting. Everything that these women can see is what Nick can see as well. Girls like Taylor and Jasmine are insecure because they're comparing themselves to Corinne and probably saying 'if that's what he likes then what are my chances since I'm nothing like that'. If they're going to be bothered by it, be bothered and call out Nick for coming on a show looking for a wife while his behaviour around Corinne is more like he's there to find his future mistress. 

Also, where did Kristina come from? I feel like I'm literally seeing and hearing her for the first time :/

And my last parting note - Taylor, your academic education has got you thinking that you're more mature and smarter than you really are. Don't let competition get in the way of what your occupation is intended for - your role is to help people, not judge them or try to impart a psychological opinion that is unsolicited. I would think it's at the very least an unspoken rule of thumb that people in such fields should refrain from assessing people within their circles (friends, family, co-workers, etc.) and certainly not psychoanalyze someone on national television. As annoying as Corinne is, I would have to side with her on the whole Taylor thing. Taylor, build a damn bridge and get over it fast 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, wovenloaf said:

It's creepy to...have a sister?  

Not creepy at all! When there are 11 kids in the family, a few years (possibly more) between each child, it's not uncommon to have large age games between the older ones and younger ones. Nick's family? Not creepy. Duggar family? Um, creepy (but for many more reasons than the sibling age span!).  

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

Her culture??? The south doesn't have a patent on angry behavior.

I meant her family/friend culture.  I NEVER pigeon hole areas of the country.  I was born and raised in the Midwest.  Though I left at 19 I still bristle when people think that it is a wasteland left behind in the 50s.  

Abuse is everywhere, even in Hollywood and Oregon.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Afterthought. In the video above, why didn't Nick kindly tuck the boob back into the dress or at least alert Danielle to the problem? There's no way he didn't notice but he just kept on dancing.

Tucking a boob back in a dress is assault, no matter how kindly done, so I'm glad he didn't do that.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Kbilly said:

I have an Andy Samberg phobia from a brief scene in What's Your Number? Will never be able to watch anything he's in. Nic Cage walks around with no face in Face/Off, so I can see that getting to a person!

4 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

Nick's family? Not creepy. Duggar family? Um, creepy (but for many more reasons than the sibling age span!).  

I must admit that I side-eye anyone who has that many biological children due to my views on sustainability. But I don't think it's inherently "creepy" to have a lot of children, nor is it "creepy" to have children farther apart in age.

As for the Raven "culture" conversation: I'm not originally from the US, and having never been to the South, I have no notions about the people there other than that they speak with a different accent. I based my initial judgement of her as trashy on the fact that she reacted to her boyfriend's cheating with violence, and was apparently so proud of herself for it that she felt the need to relay the story in graphic detail on national (international? I think people watch the show in other countries) television.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I meant her family/friend culture.  I NEVER pigeon hole areas of the country.  I was born and raised in the Midwest.  Though I left at 19 I still bristle when people think that it is a wasteland left behind in the 50s.  

Abuse is everywhere, even in Hollywood and Oregon.  

Thanks for clarifying that.

I've never thought of the Midwest like that. As a matter of fact each region of this country is unique and has something to contribute to the nation as a whole. Too bad some people don't realize and celebrate that.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

We have no more share of illiterate, criminal or deadbeat citizens than any of part of the country (and in some cases less so) but we continue to get this because for decades that's all Hollywood and the media wanted to portray. Being from Boston to us you have a accent but if you visited here I would guarantee you would be welcomed and treated no different than anyone else. Your post is offending. Like @Nowhere said just because Raven has issues doesn't mean you should generalize a whole population that way.

I didn't say anything about crime or education.  I was just stating what a lot of people perceive about the south - a lot of it coming from Hollywood, comedians and the media.  Just like you said.  And we have sure do have accents in Boston.  There are stereotypes about New Yorkers, California, etc.   I don't get personally offended by stereotypes about the northeast or our accents. 

In travelling I do find people in the south to be very friendly. 

• Love 2

I generally like Raven (and I find her accent delightful), and her cheating story, although not something I'd necessarily want to go into detail about on national TV, was fairly entertaining, until the end where she beats him up. I get that you're mad (and I appreciate that you're mad at him, rather than at her), but beating him with a stiletto? That's disturbing.

I sympathize with Danielle's nervous laugh, as I also laugh like a stammering idiot when I get really nervous (I'm great in emergency situations, let me tell you), but OMG, if she was doing that through the entire date, I don't know how Nick refrained from pitching her into that river.

I just can't even with Corinne. "I'm not remotely privileged... What's a chore?" Oh. My. God.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, mingming said:

I might be the only one who doesn't want to see her on BIP- and she couldn't handle Chad for 5 minutes. He'd have her in tears and running for her life. Even that hard old drunk Lace couldn't deal with Chad for a full night.

If Vanessa wasn't there I think Nick would be a lot more into Kristina. She's intriguing and kind of intimidating. Man Kryptonite.

Thank you!! I don't understand why everybody is comparing Corinne to Chad. Someone explain to me in what way they are at all similar or compatible? They're both the "villains" but beyond that they seem like totally different people. Chad is far too domineering for Corinne, and they'd look just as creepy together as she does with Nick (Chad looks way older than her too). If Lace couldn't handle him, Corinne sure can't.

Also copied your quote about Kristina because I'm in love. Can I date her once Nick sends her home? Damn. I thought she was gorgeous before this week, but she also seems fun and then got super intense and straightforward with Corinne. Major girl crush! Make her the next Bachelorette!

I've never been so attracted to Nick as when he did that super casual yet graceful show-off skate right past Raven and Bella (who were totally ignoring him). Then he dipped Raven to Sixpence None the Richer and was just being fun and goofy and I loved it. Great date.

I also love that Bella said she wasn't allowed to watch Bachelor in Paradise. Good parenting from the Viall family.

Have none of these girls fed a cow before?! You would think that a farm date was a punishment! I'd have adored that! Where are my Midwest girls at?! 

So... Corinne thinks that talking without making out means you're having an "adult convo". That's the only comment I have for her this week. She's getting too ridiculous. Oh, but I did love that shot of her rubbing her eye for like 10 full seconds at the rose ceremony. I just so enjoyed it when the editors are total dicks.

I liked Danielle M. more than I have the entire show so far when she was reading that date card and just being silly. She does have a personality! They're just not showing it!

I'm giving Danielle L. a pass for now. She doesn't seem stupid, she just seems nervous. That constant giggling is how a lot of people act when they're socially anxious. You have to remember that she's only on her second or third date with a guy she could marry.

Nick is my favorite because he has real and interesting conversations with these girls. I loved him and Danielle talking about their firsts when they were in the field, and I loved him asking Alexis who in the group she'd suspect as an alien. These are just normal, sometimes weird, awesome conversations that real life people have.

• Love 7

I find it amusing that Corrine states, "I run a multi-million company!"

Why does she phrase it that way?  Why doesn't she mention the name or the type of company?  And what does she mean by "run" a company?  Is she CEO? COO?  Operations manager?  Why does she emphasize first and foremost the company's worth?

Anyone else would state they are operations manager of a garage flooring company.

The manner in which she states her job makes me think she's very insecure.  If you have to hype your importance then maybe you really aren't that important.  Afterall, the business seems to be fine with her taking off for weeks to do this show.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Lemons said:

to me she had a typical southern hillbilly accent  that went along perfectly with that story. 

I'm sorry but this line looks to me as if you are saying that anyone with "a typical hillbilly accent" would naturally have a violent nature. Therefore criminal behavior. Yes you didn't mention anything about education and I'm sorry if I made that leap. It's just that " illiterate and violent" are almost always hand in hand when we get labeled.

6 minutes ago, Lemons said:

There are stereotypes about New Yorkers, California, etc.   I don't get personally offended by stereotypes about the northeast or our accents. 

This may be true but for small exceptions I have never seen these groups predominantly labeled as "dumb" as the South has been.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

- A poster mentioned they thought the age difference between nick and his sis was creepy. I don't get it. How is that creepy? If his parents had 11 kids that's only an avg of 2 yrs apart per kid. What is creepy about that?

That assumes that his mom had 11 kids over 22 yrs, which I doubt is true. According to a podcaster who met Nick, Nick (second oldest) is 26 older than Bella.

I'm mad about the over-focus on Corinne (and her "feud" with Taylor) just because it's so darn done to death. Corrine is harmless, drunk, and not terribly clever. Taylor is annoying, sanctimonious, and immature, but ultimately also harmless. They're just basic girls of the same age used to being the tallest and skinniest on the block henpicking each other out of insecurity. Both feel like reality TV stock characters.

It's a particular shame because there seem to be a lot of fun, funny, interesting girls in the "also ran" group like Alexis, Sarah, Astrid, Kristina, and Jasmine that I would like to see get more screen time. Also the girls who are in it for the long haul with the exception of Danielle L have personalities and substance! So there's probably other drama and interesting conversations that have been left on the cutting room floor in favor of standard tropes. The editing is just lazy.

And I don't get why they don't show Rachel more given that she's the only other girl Nick seems to be making any effort toward besides Vanessa. He actually appears to be trying to get her to like him rather than the other way around. (Danielle M was supposed to be a contender too and she'll be around until close to the end, but they seemed like brother and sister on their date. He doesn't appear to be into blondes or super feminine-acting women based on his extensive TV "love-seeking" record. She's lovely though. And to be honest, who knows if he's her type?) Perhaps in the age of internet spoilers they don't feel the need to even make pretenses at hiding the ball as to who "wins" (haven't read spoilers but Vanessa's way out in front, she'd need to leave or self-destruct not to be F1, and as for really winning, Rachel is getting a standard issue Bachelorette edit so far), but at least they should make the journey more fun by making the aired girl drama not so paint-by-numbers.

Edited by DriveInSaturday
Kristina, not Katerina.
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

I'm sorry but this line looks to me as if you are saying that anyone with "a typical hillbilly accent" would naturally have a violent nature. Therefore criminal behavior. Yes you didn't mention anything about education and I'm sorry if I made that leap. It's just that " illiterate and violent" are almost always hand in hand when we get labeled.

This may be true but for small exceptions I have never seen these groups predominantly labeled as "dumb" as the South has been.

When I think of southern stereotypes I don't think of violence.  It was more "my mama told me to go."  I also think she was playing up the accent, the language and the stories.    

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Lemons said:

When I think of southern stereotypes I don't think of violence.  It was more "my mama told me to go."  I also think she was playing up the accent, the language and the stories.    

I will have to agree with this. In fact I stated as much in a earlier post. The more I think about it the more her story just seems way over the top. First off she's a slight woman who I have trouble believing would be able to kick a door open. Secondly, which I think a lot of people missed in her storytelling, is that she said she pulled him off the woman and proceeded to hit her repeatedly in the head with her fists, before she saw the shoe, grabbed it and then jumped off to have a go at him. Ok all but the weakest of men (physically and mentally) would let a woman shove him around like that. But mostly how many would just let her beat on the other woman as they watched? That story just seemed all to pat and not very likely. More likely is that the door was open she jumped at both of them and somehow in the scuffle she got a few punches in on the woman before the guy managed to pull her off and then she turned on him. As someone else posted she probably thought she was coming off perky and cute and she (bizarrely) thought if she embellished it would make her more so??

I could be wrong but that story just seemed off to me and if so I imagine she wouldn't be afraid of her ex (who she said was a doctor) or the woman retaliating because they wouldn't want the publicity.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 3

The most offensive part of that story (IMO) is how damn long she took to tell it. Mine woulda gone something like this, "My momma called me and said she saw my boyfriend kissing on some girl at the bar and that he took her home...so I went right on over there, busted the door open and caught him balls deep. Sure did take that girl's shoe and gave him a what for. Nasty trash." 

Source: lived in the south for 80% of my life. Short, sweet and with a bit of twang, Raven. Sheesh. 

As for the date, I wouldn't have minded any of it except shoveling shit. Feeding a baby cow? Awww. Feeding the big cows and milking cows just seems like a lighthearted way to crack each other up. I loved that they were ripping on him for his awkward teat technique. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, huahaha said:

Tucking a boob back in a dress is assault, no matter how kindly done, so I'm glad he didn't do that.

Lol! Did you actually think I was serious? 

1 hour ago, Lemons said:

She was playing up the accent big time when she was first introduced to the viewers. Her accent definitely isn't as thick anymore. I guess she couldn't keep the act going.

• Love 5

Would Luke have kept Corinne around, essentially taking advantage of her need, naivety and poor boundaries, and ramming his tongue down various bits publicly? I don't think so.

I hate Vanessa! Yes, the care Mumbles showed her during her throwup moment was lovely and he seems truly smitten for no reason I can discern, but I hate her 'strict mommy' vibe and general demure pointiness. Looks like it's going to be a shoe-in for her, the way it was for whatsername in Ben's season. Immature man seeks mommy. It's a theme. Wet toddler bachelor followed by shy horndog bachelor... each desperately seeking an uptight woman to take him in hand. Sigh.

Should have been Luke... Luke had passion.

This season is a snoozefest, overall. Corinne is onscreen seemingly 90% of each ep, and when she's not it's just one stringy or busty brunette after the other. (Reminds me of the editing overkill of Chad, which certainly livened things up in JoJo's season.) So thank god for Corinne and her nanny and her cheesy pasta. I find her terribly sad.

Nick looks like a poodle who just stepped out of the grooming salon after an unfortunate cut.

• Love 6