Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Blitzkrieg

ahisma

That first scene with Noah Stilinski recreating Stiles' room is one of the rare moments where the show got me to tear up. But I actually started to cry when he had to choose between Claudia and Stiles. And by the end, I'll admit that this could be my favourite episode. 

I so don't care about Nazi Werewolf. 

Come on. It's stupid that Theo needs to be kept around because he has information that nobody else has. Bullshit. Also dumb of Liam to break the sword. Hopefully he has Kira's mom on speed dial to fix it later.

Aww man, not Melissa and Chris and Mason! I will say the fight between the Ghost Rider and Liam/Hayden was alright. It could have been worse. We've seen worse. 

I know it was meant to be a nice father-daughter moment, but I did chuckle when Peter came back, only to be sent back to the train station. Too bad Hayden's there, or else I'd be wanting another train episode. 

Also, we finally learn Stiles' real name: Mieczyslaw. What an interesting name. I can see why he would rather be called Stiles. 

• Love 5

Mieczysław! It must be the final season of Teen Wolf if we get both his and Noah's names. Unlike the Sheriff, TPTB picked one of the better guesses fanfic writers have been using for Stiles' name. 

Ngl, I was bawling during the scene where Noah tells Claudia he remembers her last good day in the hospital. Damn those parents ... And Chris and Melissa are gone, now! Plus Peter (again)!

Normally I don't really care much about Liam, but I did appreciate him busting out his anger management issues when Mason got taken. Damn skippy, you got to get pissed at that! But you were still an idiot for disassembling Kira's sword. Don't you think you should have checked in with her mom?

Nazi cliche is cliche. The opening scene reminded me of Captain America: The First Avenger—superhuman Nazi wants to use the war to take over Europe by supernatural means. (Didn't help that next Lydia started channeling Thor's Jane Foster by insisting that the supernatural rift was an Einstein Rosen Bridge.) 

How did Nazi Douglas have such a hold over Parrish? The other Ghost Riders seemed to barely be able to come to a draw against him. 

If they don't have Stiles in the next ep, he'll have to be in the one after. Much as I'm digging the Scott and Malia friendship, it's down to a pack of four plus the Sheriff. (And Theo, but, ugh.) They're just not enough to carry the show.

• Love 5

Linden Ashby (Noah) was the MVP of the episode. Every scene he had, he killed. Great stuff. I noticed that Claudia got blurrier as he remembered that she was dead... then the tears. His, not mine, I definitely didn't tear up. :P I saw people theorize that Mieczyslaw was Stiles' name, so it wasn't that big a reveal for me but still cool. Interesting that Scott is (or was) considering biting Stiles to get him back... if it doesn't kill him, Stiles would still have to be burned up to get through. But luckily it seems they can open up the portal and avoid that issue altogether.

Nazi Weretiger Ghost Rider... just keep adding to it! LOL. I'm glad Liam asked why Nazi Wolf was still fighting the war because I was wondering that myself. But it seems he may not have necessarily cared about the war, he just wanted a personal (supernatural) army and that was a way of getting it. I saw someone ask, and it makes me wonder as well... how has Nazi Wolf been able to stand all the diversity around him? Even if he wasn't super into the Nazi stuff, you'd think all the interracial dating, etc., would have him a bit on edge.

I figured they were playing up Argent/Melissa because he'd be taken (and there's no one left to miss him) but I wasn't expecting her to be taken at the same time. Then Mason, Hayden, and Peter again... geez. Speaking of Peter, he sacrificed himself for Malia again... I need them to get into his newfound feelings for her because while he may not have been as bad to her as her mother was (which isn't saying much), he's never been a doting father. I wonder if we'll see limbo again, since so many characters are there now... I'd love to see Stiles react to Peter being back. "Really, dude?"

So now the Ghost Riders revere Banshees? Where was that reverence when they snatched Stiles right in front of her? LOL. I wonder if she'll fight them or if she's just going to buy the pack more time by shielding them. I also wonder if there will be any tug of war between Nazi Wolf and the other Ghost Riders re: Parrish. Nazi Wolf seems to have control of them all now but why? Is there a leader of the Hunt?

Theo was more like his old self, which is both good and bad, lol. I think it's stupid that Liam broke the sword but hopefully he can get Kira's mom to repair it. Theo kept gripping the jail cell's bars like he was going to bust out of there, so I was surprised that he hadn't done so by the end of the episode. But I'm sure he did once Liam ran off and there was no one to stop him.

I really don't want to rip on Hayden again but holy crap. Is she a werewolf or not?! When Liam was flipping his shit after Mason was taken (which was great, love their friendship), all she did was stand there and yell his name. I mean, OK, she did a little bit of fighting, and I appreciated it, but for the most part she was as good as human, and that pisses me off. She's a werewolf, she shouldn't be stuck being Liam's helpless motivational cheerleader. Ugh. That aside, I did think the scene was well done, when they realized Liam had to let her go (second time he's lost her now). But I was happy she was taken... hopefully she'll come back less pathetic. I don't want her to suck, lol.

• Love 6

For such a monumental reveal as Stiles real name, this episode left me underwhelmed. Sure, all the Sheriff stuff was golden, and heart-wrenching, but the rest was sort of meh.

I'm still trying to figure out why Scott seems unable to kick butt despite being a super awesome true Alpha. But his alpha-pup (Liam? I really don't care about him or the newbies that much.) is able do a pretty decent job against two.

When and where did Parish get his own metal sarcophagus? And why did Argent and Melissa know where it was? The editing on this show hasn't gotten any better.

I know I really shouldn't expect this show to adhere to their own rules, but why was Mason and the others able to remember Cory? (the gay Invisiboy?) I know he said the phone was a relic, but they seemed to have a lot more memory of him than Stiles.

As much as I enjoyed the first season, I'm glad this is the last season. I really haven't liked the veering off into kanimas, banshees, wild hunts, and other assorted supernatural fauna. The current Nazi were-lion/wolf chimera excluded, I could probably tolerate other weres, like Malia's were-coyote, but not everything else.

Plus, MTV's weird extra minute or two per episode interferes with a crowded DVR on Tuesday night. I can only record two episodes at once. There are other things on the regular networks that I need to record first. It also annoys me that it doesn't appear to re-air multiple times per week like most cable shows. (or at least it doesn't show on other showings when I look at in on DirecTV.) Therefore, I'll be glad when this finally comes to a close.

• Love 2

Great episode. We finally found out what Stiles' first name is. I'm glad I was unspoiled, it was actually worth the wait for me.  Linden Ashby has been firing on all cylinders this season. His scenes remembering Stiles' room, trying to get Claudia to remember Stiles, and finally realizing that she wasn't real were pretty amazing. The scene where he shared his memories of Stiles with the pack were amazing as well.

Meh on the Nazi backstory for Mr. Douglas...I don't care. He's so superfluous this season when we have a missing Stiles, ghost riders, and a quickly vanishing Beacon Hills. That's always been one of Teen Wolf's major problems, overloading the storyline. 

I can only laugh at the writers still trying to make Hayden and Liam seem like this epic romance. It ain't . I agree with Calypso in wishing Hayden was a little more useful on the supernatural front.

I continue to be disappointed in true alpha Scott. I find that he was stronger when he had the potential to be one rather than in actuality. I think it's in an effort not to make him overpowered but it just makes him seem weak and ineffective when he can't hold his own against anybody. He should have been able to injure or temporarily incapacitate at least one of the ghost riders by himself.

Jordan has had that box since he went to Chris to figure out what kind of supernatural creature he is. It's supposed to keep him contained and/or give him a safe place to center himself. That obviously backfired but it's not a new development.

As for why Mason still remembered Corey, I got the sense that the riders weren't that concerned with erasing people completely anymore.

I found Scott repeatedly calling Melissa a nice moment. They haven't interacted much this season but they also have a really good relationship as well.

I think Scott's plan to turn Stiles had merit but there's the inherent flaw that the bite could just kill him rather than turning him. I also find it kind of sweet that Scott's plan is to get Stiles back so that he can make the plan.

I do wonder why one of them hasn't gotten caught on purpose to combat Mr. Douglas as well as try to get to Stiles and make a plan. Liam would have been a good choice.

I do hope that we see more on how Stiles' absence affects Scott. Despite what the show is trying to tell me this season, Stydia is not a stronger relationship than Sciles on any level. Hopefully we'll get more on that next week when Scott tries to open a portal by remembering Stiles.

Edited by blugirlami21
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Richness said:

I know I really shouldn't expect this show to adhere to their own rules, but why was Mason and the others able to remember Cory? (the gay Invisiboy?) I know he said the phone was a relic, but they seemed to have a lot more memory of him than Stiles.

I've been wondering how they would handle the disappearing friends because once they're gone, they should be gone from existence entirely so the remaining wouldn't remember. I think for Corey, it's because of maybe the relic with the pictures that jump started Mason's memories? I don't know; the show doesn't seem to know either. I know the mere voice of Stiles had Scott and Lydia remember. 

30 minutes ago, blugirlami21 said:

I think Scott's plan to turn Stiles had merit but there's the inherent flaw that the bite could just kill him rather than turning him. I also find it kind of sweet that Scott's plan is to get Stiles back so that he can make the plan. I do wish that we see more on how Stiles' absence affects Scott. Despite what the show is trying to tell me this season, Stydia is not a stronger relationship than Sciles on any level. Hopefully we'll get more of that next week when Scott tries to open a portal by remembering Stiles.

I agree. I love that Lydia finally has a purpose on the show, but Sciles should be a bigger deal for this storyline. Plus I can't help but be disappointed now that Lydia's importance intertwines with a man instead of just herself. Plus, Scott's kind of just....been in the background this season. He usually is more useful, even if he's also stupid. This season has him reacting and that's about it. I don't even know why. 

• Love 1

I don't think the show is trying to tell you that Stydia is a stronger relationship then Sciles.  I think its just choosing to focus on it because Lydia's feelings are coming to the forefront.  We know how much Scott cares about Stiles.  We don't need to be shown that.  Their relationship is what it is.  We've seen it for 6 seasons.  On the other hand Lydia's feelings for Stiles are changing hence the need for more screen time.  Not that its a competition.

I loved this episode, with the exception of the eye-roll inducing hayden/liam plot.  They're just such terrible actors that I can't take them seriously.

Papa Stilinski was so great though.  I don't know what scene was better, the one with the red string or the scene where he realizes Stiles' mom isn't real.  Such a good performance.

Finally, and this will come out of nowhere but I kind of want to see Malia and Scott develop something.  Its never really crossed my mind before but that final scene in the house was nice.

• Love 7

As for why Mason still remembered Corey, I got the sense that the riders weren't that concerned with erasing people completely anymore.

My take: The main purpose of the Wild Hunt is to keep muggles from knowing about the supernatural. In general, they take regular people and leave supes alone, except for out-of-control ones like the bête and Peter. Since muggles wouldn't even suspect something like the Hunt exists, it's pretty easy to have their memories glossed over. Stiles was the first of the Pack to go, and the Pack hadn't really dealt with the Riders personally yet, so the Riders had more power over their memories. The more the Pack sees them and fights them, the less "mystery" they are. So a later kidnap, like Corey, is a known kidnap to the Pack. They are still erased for muggles—I'm sure the hospital has no idea Melissa ever existed.

I imagine that, secondarily, the Riders want to protect themselves, so now they are willing to take supes as well. (Though every ride through the train station is going to get dicey for them with a werewolf pack ready to fight them.)

I don't think the show is trying to tell you that Stydia is a stronger relationship then Sciles.  I think its just choosing to focus on it because Lydia's feelings are coming to the forefront.  We know how much Scott cares about Stiles.  We don't need to be shown that.  Their relationship is what it is.  We've seen it for 6 seasons.  On the other hand Lydia's feelings for Stiles are changing hence the need for more screen time.  Not that its a competition.

This may just be me not caring that much about Stydia then. I actually dont mind the pairing but Lydia's grief over Stiles feels unearned to me at times and the focus the show is putting on it elevates it and makes it seem more important than everyone else's.

I love seeing Noah grapple with it and I feel even Malia has had storyline about how different she is if there is no Stiles.

I've yet to see them do that for Scott and the show for me is about Scott and by extension Stiles, ymmv.

Edited by blugirlami21
  • Love 4
On 18/01/2017 at 7:17 AM, ahisma said:

How did Nazi Douglas have such a hold over Parrish? The other Ghost Riders seemed to barely be able to come to a draw against him. 

Regarding that spectific part, I've decided it's because he speaks German and it's a language use to tame animals in circuses and, I'm my country anyway, used to train difficult dogs. And well, technically, Parrish is a dog of some sorts so voilà, I've decided randomly that it was the reason and I stand by it!

To explain the fact that the team is remembering people: wasn't there a moment during the attack in the lacrosse field, when Invisible Boy (I never remember the name of the newbies) touched all of them and after that, they could see the riders too? Isn't that linked with the moment in the library when he makes a library card (?) "reappear" for his boyfriend to see? I might be mistaken because when it's not the parents, I'm not following very closely I must confess. But if that really happened, I think their abilities to see/remembers is linked to previous actions from Invisble Boy. If that's not it because those scenes didn't happen like I remember and understood them... well, sorry to have wasted your time with a completly wrong explanation! 

And speaking of the parents, that 39 years old woman shamelessly bawled her eyes out during the Sheriff scenes remembering his son and letting his wife go. That got to me hard! This was really beautifully done, very touching without being over the top drama 101. 

• Love 5

Teen Wolf! You missed a prime Star Wars moment with Noah and him "seeing" Stiles with the new Rip to the train-station. You could have had him say "Help me Dad, you're my only hope."

I know I know, shame on me for hoping for a cool continuity moment with Teen Wolf.

I loved that Peter was a big damn hero to save Malia. I actually thought she wad going to shout out "Dad" right before he was shot.

If we dont get to see Stiles watching Melissa enter the train station and see them hug each other in reunion, I'm going to be bummed. And him seeing Argent and Peter.

Having Argent on the inside might be a positive thing. Who knows what trouble Stiles and Argeny could get into.

• Love 3

I think I've fallen into full on love with the Sheriff/Linden Ashby. Can I get a Noah Stilinski spinoff please? 

Will someone please make a fanvideo to "Whip It" by Devo to the Ghost Riders? I'd be eternally grateful. Especially since it will stop me from making one.

• Love 1

The episode was a bit of a misnomer. There was nothing fast about it. Everything dragged interminably. It was the dreaded info dump, only there was no new info. How did Theo even know all that? Did he and evil!teacher have a nice drink together and reminisced about their past killings? Never mind, it was just so boring. And they broke the sword. Kira and her mom are going to be so pissed. 

This season has taught me that the show is nothing without Stiles (as if I didn't know that all along). Even talking about him isn't enough. I just don't care what happens to any of them. The kiddie pack is so awful acting-wise and has such boring plotlines that it's impossible to connect with them. And the rest seem off somehow emotionally. I agree that Scott's relationship with Stiles should be at the forefront of the season. It's by far the show's strongest relationship and they're just wasting it. Of the others, only Malia's arc makes sense. At least she used to date Stiles so her emotions are well-established. Everything else just suddenly appeared because the writers said so. Lydia's feelings are too sudden and unconvincing, but I find even Melissa and Chris, both of whom I normally like, have gone from zero to full throttle in about five seconds. Peter's sudden paternal love is also very left-field. Stop developing relationships off-screen. It doesn't work.  

The only light in this episode was Linden Ashby. I still don't know how Claudia came to be there but he made losing her again and remembering Stiles very poignant despite seeming to play a giant version of cat's cradle in the room first. (Does anybody know which song was playing while he was doing that?) 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, beee said:

This season has taught me that the show is nothing without Stiles (as if I didn't know that all along). Even talking about him isn't enough. I just don't care what happens to any of them. The kiddie pack is so awful acting-wise and has such boring plotlines that it's impossible to connect with them. And the rest seem off somehow emotionally. I agree that Scott's relationship with Stiles should be at the forefront of the season. It's by far the show's strongest relationship and they're just wasting it. Of the others, only Malia's arc makes sense. At least she used to date Stiles so her emotions are well-established. Everything else just suddenly appeared because the writers said so. Lydia's feelings are too sudden and unconvincing, but I find even Melissa and Chris, both of whom I normally like, have gone from zero to full throttle in about five seconds. Peter's sudden paternal love is also very left-field. Stop developing relationships off-screen. It doesn't work.  

I agree with this. Apparently, Scott can't have a plot without Stiles or a love interest. They had to resort to hinting a Malia/Scott relationship for him to get something. At least, I saw them hinting at that romance. To be fair, we haven't seen a male/female platonic relationship on this show. I think the problem is that they're focusing too much on the Junior Pack, people that are hard to care for in the final season. Liam on his own is ok. Mason has his moments, as does Corey. But all of them together in the forefront? It just doesn't work. They are working well with Malia's arc, to a degree. The father-daughter stuff is weird but only because this is the first time they're really focusing on it as an arc. Lydia's arc feels forced because she's gotten next to nothing to do with the rest of the characters for the last five seasons. 

• Love 2

I thought this was a great episode. The sheriff letting his wife go and remembering Stiles. Mason's pain over Corey. I love Mason, btw. Liam's fury when Mason was taken. Peter coming to the rescue. Loved it all.

• Love 1
On 1/18/2017 at 11:01 AM, MV007 said:

I loved this episode, with the exception of the eye-roll inducing hayden/liam plot.  They're just such terrible actors that I can't take them seriously.

Papa Stilinski was so great though.  I don't know what scene was better, the one with the red string or the scene where he realizes Stiles' mom isn't real.  Such a good performance.

Finally, and this will come out of nowhere but I kind of want to see Malia and Scott develop something.  Its never really crossed my mind before but that final scene in the house was nice.

I'd much rather see Scalia happen then them having Malia hookup with POS Theo

I just watched the last three episodes in a row and I still feel like I missed something.  When did all the other people disappear from Beacon Hills?  I was also confused about Parrish's cryochamber thing but someone upthread cleared that up.  It just seemed like a lot happened offscreen (moreso than usual) to where I checked twice during the ep that I was watching the right one.

That said, loved the Sheriff's memories coming back and it was sad to see him have to let go of his wife again.  Wasn't happy that Argent and Mama McCall got whipped into oblivion (masquerading as a supernatural train station).  I kind of awwwed a little when Peter sacrificed himself but almost giggled when Malia and Scott spent what felt like an eternity just staring back and watching the GR tussle with Peter because I thought back to Peter saying she had no self-preservation skills and she was proving it right then.

What happened to Theo at the end of the episode?  Did they just leave him to chill at the police station?  I've missed Stiles a lot this season, he really was an integral part of the show.  I know he still is being that getting him back is the focus of this season, but it's not the same.  Dylan O'Brien is one of the best actors on the show.  

I said this after "Radio Silence," but Tyler Posey is so much better than he was when the show started.  I was expecting Linden Ashby to kill it, but Tyler looked like he was about to full-on cry in the final scene.

As long as they don't screw it up on the back half, they may actually be going out on a high note.  Good for them.

• Love 3

I was impressed that they had found an episode title that ties Nazi Germany/WWII with lightning, until I realized this was the only episode so far this season that didn't have any actual lightning in it.

Edited by Scott
  • Love 1
On 1/21/2017 at 0:52 PM, starri said:

I said this after "Radio Silence," but Tyler Posey is so much better than he was when the show started.  I was expecting Linden Ashby to kill it, but Tyler looked like he was about to full-on cry in the final scene.

I think I've read he took acting lessons after the first (second?) season and it definitely shows. I also think his friendship and chemistry with Dylan O'Brien is doing him a lot of favors with this storyline. Whatever complaints I have about Posey's acting, I've never doubted the love Scott has for Stiles.

• Love 2

I haven't been a fan of Tyler Posey but any scene dealing with Melissa and Stiles, he usually is good in because those are the two characters that he has the strongest relationship with.  But I will say I didn't care much for the Scott/Stiles reconciliation scene in Season 5.  I don't know what was happening there because even Dylan wasn't all there in that scene but usally Tyler is so much better with him and Melissa Ponzio.  His scenes with other characters still sometimes border on painful or ineffective.  I think Shelley is the 3rd person that he deals the best with but I'm not a fan of Shelley on the show or Malia so I tune out during those scenes.  

Teen Wolf - the tale of two shows. One is creepy and nostalgic and emotional and powerful. The other is a bunch of idiot kids running around growling. Every time I think I'm watching the first, they hit me over the head with the second. That show sucks! 

I'm still astonished this show has such a core of great adult actors to come in and steal every scene. It's the best thing about it. 

I'd talk about Nazi werewolves but I'm Godwin's Lawing this shit. Enough with the fucking Nazis. You just elected an old-school fascist as president, FFS.

Oops, that last bit just came out unbidden.

On 18/01/2017 at 4:15 AM, omgsowicked said:

I think it's stupid that Liam broke the sword but hopefully he can get Kira's mom to repair it.

Kira will come back in and deus ex machina that shit and then disappear with the skin walkers. I'm not sure why the show decided that Theo was the antagonist we wanted to see back this season. There's no motivation for his actions. He's just evil. 'Cause.

• Love 2