Type keyword(s) to search

Six - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

@piequinn35.  When my mom died 2 years ago, we had her cremated.  Because she wanted her ashes thrown into the ocean, we selected a cardboard box that had a picture of the sun rising over the ocean (rather than an expensive urn).  Inside the box was a plastic bag that was mom's ashes.  The bag did make it easier to 'toss' her into the ocean- not the bag, but the ashes.  Just tip the open end over the side of the boat and the ashes went rolling out.

On 2/17/2017 at 11:47 AM, Drogo said:

Caulder sleeping with his friend's wife. .. the logistics of that are all off.  Buck put the nanny-cam in to see what his wife was up to while he was away ("I love you but I don't know if I can trust you.")   Of course when Buck's away, Caulder's also away.   There are more effective ways to show us that Caulder's a horndog, and the show was accomplishing that without this extremely unrealistic twist. 

I think the idea is that they only slept together as a coping mechanism after Buck had been killed.  She did seem sad(?) in the video and I believe she said something like "Just hold me."  Even then, very unrealistic that Caulder would go there.

True, the video on the iPad could have been the day they told her Buck was dead. When he followed her in the house. 

• Love 1

I don't think so, Gloria's his ex-wife.  I think her telling Lena to get out and Lena seeing the life she know had was probably to show what she could have if she left Bear? 

I liked the "take it to the water" fight and that Caulder admitted he did whatever and apologized to his daughter. Good to know he wasn't cheating all along, interesting that everyone thought the wife was cheating and she knew it.  They didn't say where everyones assumptions stemmed from though.

Renewed for Season 2!

‘Six’ Navy SEAL Drama Series Renewed By History For Season 2

Ahead of its March 8 Season 1 finale, History has ordered a 10-episode second season of its breakout Navy SEAL drama series Six, up from its current eight-episode first season. Production is set to begin this summer.

From A+E Studios and Weinstein Television, and created by father/son duo William and David Broyles, Six has been a strong ratings performer for History, averaging 2.9 million total viewers in Live+3 over the first four weeks. The January 18 premiere drew 3 million total viewers in Live+7, including 1.4 million in adults 25-54 and 1.2 million in adults 18-49.

• Love 1

This episode was filler leading up to next week's season final.  Plenty of seeds of doubt were planted so we wait to find out what actually grew from them--if anything.

Apparently there has been no change in the Oval Office (yet) but inexplicably the WH is willing to turn a blind eye to both the accusations against Rip and (the likely) cover-up from his team.  Nothing like a little suspension of disbelief.

The Team sure wet their pants when they learned that the Oppfor had night vision goggles and the latest in most everything--meaning they won't be sneaking-up on anybody.

On 1/28/2017 at 1:33 PM, paigow said:

If JAG gets rebooted, this would be the 2 hour "shocking" debut episode.....

Maybe shocking to the general public. The thing is I almost lost my best tank gunner and he lost a promotion to Sergeant because he went into debt. 

• Love 1

That was good television.  Goooood television.  I could listen to Michael and Rip sit in a room talking with their chains for a few hours, and that water mission was a great intro to Fishbait, who the show often leaves toward the background.  Of course Harvard speaks French.  Anything he can't do?

Bear's marriage and their potential parenthood shutting down, his growth as the leader of his Team,  his peace with Culder and "All I know is death" sure make me fear for his safety next week. 

Akmal with the shocking closer... he must really hate Muttaqi. 

Woah, he better not die. I think it was a shoulder shot. He should survive that! 

I guess  someone taking out all the SIX is going to be the plot for next season? I guess they knew there'd be a 2nd season or the episode probably would have ended with Rip at the party with the rest of the team. Or they filmed alternative endings, one with him at the party and one being shot.

• Love 1

Season 2 has been approved.  The introduction of this girl (and a repeat use) means she had to play a significant role at sometime.  Rip's death was "Justified" by permitting the show to end his involvement permanently, no investigation/trial/punishment.  I certainly hope that the Team is not used for the search for the girl--that is police work!  Though, the Team could be used to hunt her handlers.

The battle scene was too contrived given the build-up.  The jihadists were billed as highly trained, ex-military, and with comparable weapons to the seals, yet there were only three casualties--all wounded.  Rip's wound was actually very serious and if he were to survive he would need lengthy hospitalization and recovery time--not two weeks as depicted. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, mochamajesty said:

Love the show and will be back for season 2.

Buddha's MIL is a bitch.

The girl who shot Rip. Did we see her before tonight?

Several times.  She appeared in internet video chats and wore a hajib that was sort of a blue print.  I think she was the soccer player that they bribed with a jersey.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Stratego said:

I think she was the soccer player that they bribed with a jersey.

And the Nikon DSLR that was on her passenger's seat.

On 3/8/2017 at 11:14 PM, Artsda said:

I think it was a shoulder shot. He should survive that! 

Gut shot.  Unless there's an ambulance hanging out under that pier, he's a goner.

• Love 2

Of course, it's the behavior of the horrible Ameicans that caused all the suffering of the poor African girl children.  Give me a break. I'm outta here. Done with this show. 

six2_201_07262017_dp_0068_595_Mini%20Log

In the wake of Rip's shooting, Graves and the SEALs plan their payback; Michael lands in CIA custody at a black site; CIA agent Gina Cline pools her resources to find the mastermind behind the attack.

Promos

In Rip's absence, Graves and Ortiz clash over the direction of the team; Gina's interrogation of Michael turns personal; the SEALs get to know their extreme new team member, Trevor.

Wow, I missed one episode two weeks ago and caught up last week. Looks like the forum hear pretty much lost interest on this one. I saw where it had been cancelled , so no surprise there. Have to admit, last season was better, not to take anything away from Olivia Munn's performances, she's done a fine job in my opinion. 

Just watched what is now the series finale, and wow, what a shitty note to end on. Bear is all hopeful and Lena is dead, Nasry is still alive, and Marissa tried to kill Buddha's family. I think it would have been some interesting fall out. Now, we'll never know.

• Love 1
Spoiler

I'm surprised that they let Michael live. Thought for sure him getting plugged was a foregone conclusion.  Also figured they would kill a regular cast member. Just a little shocked on who they chose. 

• Love 1