Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: The Jinger Gown

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Absolom said:

They seem to have filmed some dress shopping at the place where Jill got her dress, but the actual dress came from Renee's in Pensacola.

Watching this show and their wonky timelines and storylines is like watching a Fundy Twilight Zone.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Watching this show and their wonky timelines and storylines is like watching a Fundy Twilight Zone.

It really is. A wedding dress shopping trip for a wedding that took place on the show several months ago. Have the producers just completely give up on life or what? 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 19

What makes me mad is ALLLLL those boring storylines questioning the kidults if anyone was in a courtship.  Over and over and over!!  And them pretending NO!  Not me!  When all along, Jinger's was actually planning her wedding, and most probably, Joy too.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

They seem to have filmed some dress shopping at the place where Jill got her dress, but the actual dress came from Renee's in Pensacola.

Right. They were spotted filming in Virginia, and none of the guys were there. But DERICK and BEN were there when Jinger pulled the trigger in Pensacola at Renee's? What the actual fuck? 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, louannems said:

What makes me mad is ALLLLL those boring storylines questioning the kidults if anyone was in a courtship.  Over and over and over!!  And them pretending NO!  Not me!  When all along, Jinger's was actually planning her wedding, and most probably, Joy too.

I think the stupid smirks, side glances and sing-songy "stay tuuuuuned" teasers are what make it so nauseating. Joy is most definitely already engaged. She's plastered all over the Fort Rock website. They're just waiting for the most opportune time to announce it. 

• Love 4

I stick to my prediction that they're holding off until February Sweeps in a couple of weeks. Possibly Monday, 2/13 since it's the closest episode to Valentine's Day. Since they didn't announce anything today (I was kind of surprised), I feel pretty safe with my logic. 

If Jill is twinning, they might do one of those "very special announcements" that they throw into a commercial break near the end of an episode. I don't know if they can do two People announcements in the same "season" without even leghumpers thinking it's overkill. 

• Love 4

It's the DRAMA! TLC filmed them at the same bridal shop where Jill got her dress, and I guess after the Lost Season, felt they had to use the footage, even though she got her dress in Florida. We never saw them filming there, so are they just going to show Jinger getting the dress shipped to her with a dubbed over narrative about how she found the gown? 

How she really found it? Jennifer Hartono. She is in grad school at PCC and has seen a lot of her Indonesian friends from school (they really seem to segregate, sad) get married after graduation. I'm sure she pointed Jinger to this place. They have no other real connections in Pensacola that would have any interest in bridal shops that I know of, and Jennifer was a bridesmaid, so....

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

So, is Jinger's dress a really big ratings draw now? I mean, we've all seen it ... whether or not we have ever watched the show ... like me ...

I agree. It's so 'after the fact' that who really cares at this point? We already know what the dress looked like, we know what the church looked like, we know who was in the wedding party & what they wore, we know what shitty food they served...and on and on... yawn!

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 4

I guess since they're all drier than cracker juice, they needed this as a filler episode to make up enough epis to get a season. 

Does this mean we won't get to see Derick puking until next week? Train wreck starting in my time zone...DVRing it so I can zap the boring bits. Anticipating 5 minutes of worthwhile footage.

6 minutes ago, Brown eyed girl said:

I wonder if we will be treated to flashbacks of flashbacks of Jill and Jessa's wedding planning. 

Of course we will.  If Smuggley hadn't disgraced himself, we'd also get SmugAnna flashbacks.

• Love 1

They haven't shown much footage about tonight, but they haven't advertised Derick's puking aside from "this season on..." And I've seen pictures of him in Florida with Ben and the sisters when Jinger found the gown in August, so he was fine then. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, GinnyM said:

Drawling

Interesting. Are Jinger and/or Jill drawling now? I ask because those two have NEVER affected the stupid drawl that their three sisters have. Yes, Jana, I'm also pointing at you. Jessa is the worst, followed closely by Joy (but in her case, it may just be lack of cranial density).

• Love 4

What is the desires of your heart with regards to modesty? What? Overly sweet precious talk. Blerg. 

And no one can reply with any sort of thoughtful, meaningful conversation. How many times do they say the word "that"? 

Michelle is actually pretty. But why speak with such a simpering voice all of the time? 

How many girls are going to order the "Jinger" dress? 

• Love 2

Okay, I've been reading the FJ snark. How could Renee the designer have three dresses "designed" for Jinger, and flown up from Florida? (from context, it sounds like she was in VA and no trip to FLA was made). Jinger was only engaged a week. Sounds like she was planning with them months ahead (I still maintain that they started courting sometimes in April), but I still maintain that they pulled this Renee person out of their asses due to Jenni Hartono. How else do you get someone totally unrelated to "design" three dresses for you if they weren't already the intended designer? 

Rats, I smell them. 

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, Brown eyed girl said:

I wonder if we will be treated to flashbacks of flashbacks of Jill and Jessa's wedding planning. 

Yes, most definitely. Maybe even JB&M flashbacks, too if we're lucky. 

37 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Does this mean we won't get to see Derick puking until next week? 

Darn it. I've been dying to see this. Hopefully I can make it through another week!

Jinger is getting married!

Wow, precious, getting married, moving away, wow, precious, Jinger is moving away from us. Pretty much sums up the whole episode.

Oh, I enjoyed Renee throwing shade on the ring, saying he didn't do great on the ring but did great on the girl! OMG bless her heart.

• Love 6

Another fakety-fake dress-picking event. I think Mullet even slipped and said the "designer" does great work ....as in final product on the third one.

I love Wendy, or how the Duggar-drawlers say, Windy. I was hoping she/he was going to be revealed as a drag queen. That would've been priceless. Dang.

I now loathe infinity scarves.

Izzy is so pensive and serious. I think I love him.

Now off to Hobby Lobby for some frames for those horrendously sucky paintings. At least Jill and Derick know it's totally stupid.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 2

The painting was the most relaxed I've ever seen some of these people, maybe they ought to show that side more.  Even Jana showed some personality when she snarkily interrupted Joy to say, "Or we'll come over and hang it for you."

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Ok, they flew to Virginia to meet with a Pensacola dress shop owner??? In the words of Vinnie Barbarino..."I'm so confused!"

IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

Oh lord, Arwen, we've been in the Leah forum. DON'T DO THIS TO ME!!!! :D

• Love 8

Seriously, I guess they found the dress on Renee's website, but the trip was already booked for VA. Cheaper to fly her to VA than all of them to Florida. I knew there was a catch in this episode, based on what I knew. 

And she picks a dress? Uhm, that doesn't define "design." We don't even know about the (obviously fake) pearls that appear to be her only alteration aside from any size issues, and adding tiers to the train. THAT one was sooo obvious as alteration vs. design.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I don't find selecting a dress worth an entire episode.  It's just not interesting ESPECIALLY since we saw the wedding. 

I'm also not a wedding person. 

I am a wedding person and this episode was boring as shit because we ALREADY saw the dress and we ALREADY saw her get married so all these declarations of how sad its gong to be and how weird it will and what she wants for her wedding is BORING! The effing wedding already happened we've heard and seen this all...OMG. BAD. 

And omg now we have a jillymuffin flashback. Are they fucking kidding. UGH

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 6

Man, say what you want about those eager beaver wedding dress sales ladies, but they sold the holy HELL out of their business.  I lost count of the number of times they said, "It's just a dress. When she puts it on, it becomes a wedding gown."  They were most definitely playing to the cameras.  I hate weddings and wedding prep on a good day, but this is ridiculous.  I've been present (i.e. hog-tied and dragged) at two wedding dress fittings as a bridesmaid and it was sheer torture.  You start to zone out and wonder how much tulle and lace it would take to suffocate yourself as you enter hour number two of the fitting.  I really thought we were done with Jinger's wedding and were moving on to new, more pressing business, like Derick and his vomiting issues, as well as why on earth he thinks that tiny man-bun is permissible by any style standards.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Something is off about Jilly Muffin.  Even when she smiles or laughs, she still looks so sad. She really does look like a sad limpet.

Anyone else notice how they didn't have Jilly talk about Izzy? Bin and Jessa talked about spurge, but Joy and Jana talked about Izzy?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, yogi2014L said:

Anyone else notice how they didn't have Jilly talk about Izzy? Bin and Jessa talked about spurge, but Joy and Jana talked about Izzy?

To be fair, we don't know what hit the cutting room floor. We know Muffy doesn't have a heart for children.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

To be fair, we don't know what hit the cutting room floor. We know Muffy doesn't have a heart for children.

I'm not sure I would either if I'd been raising several of them since I was eight-years-old.  Jillymuffin is worn out!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh lord, Arwen, we've been in the Leah forum. DON'T DO THIS TO ME!!!! :D

Damn, was that on tonight? Or is it on tomorrow night...sorry OT...but it's way more interesting than the Duggbots ever dreamed of being.

If I hadn't had a headache most of the day, I would have wanted a sip of beer or wine for every "um" or "like" I heard..10 years of reality TV and they are still so woefully inarticulate.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

I'm not sure I would either if I'd been raising several of them since I was eight-years-old.  Jillymuffin is worn out!

She may be emotionally spent, but her cooter can still spit out a gazillionty blessings if she can VBAC like her mummy.

Boy did Michelle really look orange at the fitting. The whole ice cream scene was bizarre, there must be absolutely nothing else they could have those useless men do with 2 babies. Who was in charge of the littles back at TTH? Anna? Hannie? All in all a very boring episode, even by Duggar standards.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I am still wondering how they flew Renee up to VA. Why not go to HER botique? Fishy, fishy....

Didn't someone on here who's familiar with the area say her shop was in a sketchy part of town? Maybe the producers thought the DC location would provide a better aesthetic for the show. 

• Love 1

All we saw was a street shot. All they had to do at Renee's place was shoot her logo out front and some dresses inside. She seems even more sketchy/famewhore now. I wonder how much TLC paid Ava Laurenne for this shim sham.

• Love 1