Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: Candy for a Billionaire

Look how simple it is to find out what Warren Buffett likes in his candy:

http://www.sees.com/warren-buffetts-favorites

Nowhere do I see the "new" candy that debuted last night.

I'm guessing that the "Sees Awesome Peanut Brittle Bars" are close? But ironically they are milk chocolate. I don't know how different that would make them from dark.

I wouldn't know, since I have weird taste in chocolate. I prefer dark chocolate, no "brittle" bits, and usually creamy centers. My favorites are dark chocolate covered peanut butter balls, dark chocolate covered macaroons (there's a store that makes them and they are brilliant - sadly I only get to visit it once a year), and dark chocolate lemon or orange cremes - the tangier the better. Key lime is good also. Oh, and dark chocolate covered Oreos. And the best thing to do with fudge (one of "Warren's favorites") for me is put peanut butter on it - not peanut butter fudge, but chocolate or vanilla fudge with peanut butter put on top (trust me).

Needless to say, my favorites do not match Warren's. Or most normal people's for that matter ; ) . I will say though that the dark chocolate flavors in the "custom mix" section of that site have many that look delicious, including a bunch of yummy looking fruit flavors. Now I wish we had a See's chocolate shop near here.

Edited by AwesomO4000
Needed to add context/quote. Damn top of the page.
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

I could see a big burly biker with a little kid in front of him, having the time of their lives, being a fantastic ad shot.

A big burly biker may have been too stereotype for the campaign, but they could easily have had a family, with grandpa, mom, dad, and teenage daughter, each with their own bike, and mom sitting on hers with a younger kid behind her.

49 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Nowhere do I see the "new" candy that debuted last night.

I think the Celebrity flavors of Snapple have been the only thing created on this series to make it to actual production, and that didn't show up for purchase until the following season was already running (outside of their test markets anyway). Quiznos had the sandwiches from the show on their menu for a little while, but you could order the same thing any time.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

My bunch of neutered old cats were more supportive, and made better life partners, than that washed up piece of faux-machismo.  Pretty sure their empty ballsacks were bigger than his balls, too, since he was too insecure to let Arnold "see him that way".

Lol how dare he shame cats

• Love 4
14 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Kyle, Kyle, Kyle - as soon as Brooke's husband refused to get on the back of the motorcycle (what a jerk), she should have sent him home and called Mauricio who would have happily complied.   Failing that, she could have grabbed some guy walking down the street.

Whoever the woman was who judged with them - boring.  I said last week that I miss Ivanka and Donald - even more this week.

Does anyone know if this season was filmed before or after Mohammed Ali's death (June 2016)? I read somewhere that it filmed in "early 2016" so I am assuming before.

I like Carson - but nude.......um...no.

Wonder if Boy George called Dorit to donate?

Agree I'm sure Mauricio wouldnt give it a second thought.  Come on it's for charity.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

Agree I'm sure Mauricio wouldnt give it a second thought.  Come on it's for charity.

AND Mauricio is about a thousand times better looking and not a dick, so there's that. 

I would have loved to see a Kyle vs. Vince fund-raising showdown.

I am still wondering why no one told Ah-nold that Brooke's douche of a husband basically refused to do it as they wanted and was even walking away. I guess technically they could say that was also Kyle's fault as PM, but damn Brooke has done absolutely nothing except bitch about Ricky. 

• Love 16

I don't know how many people here watch Real Housewives of Beverly Hills but Kyle is not even remotely confrontational.  I think the best we could have asked for would have been for her to not use the picture of Brooke and her never-was husband. 

i can't even believe how much  David's refusal annoyed me.  I guess I'm lucky because I've never any man that wouldn't have just sat down behind his wife.  Jesus!

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 11

And he linked a comment that someone made on his Instagram, saying they were sick of reading "fembot crap" from people trying to shame the Charvets, and that "these bitter hateful women" will end up with a bunch of cats someday, while David & Brooke are still happily married.  

I take umbrage at his comment, and so do my cats!  I guess he just doesn't understand how badly his attitude about the photo shoot came across to most of us.  It was very insulting to his wife. 

As far as Arnold having done the photo shoot, seems like Trump once told a contestant that if he/she had asked him to help on a certain task (I can't remember what it was), he said he would've been happy to.  Not that they can do that repeatedly, but it's worth a shot to ask given the right circumstances.  What I would give to have Arnold sit on a motorcycle with me! 

• Love 12

Sees Candy~if you have not had Sees, please give them a try as I think they are one of the best, and most reasonable, fabulous chocolates/candies around.  One of the best is California brittle which is brittle encased in milk chocolate....okay, back to the show.

I just couldn't believe that Brooke's husband turned her down.  It was a beautiful photo of the two of them, but his refusal to help her and the team was the opposite of supportive.  Loved that Arnold told her he would have done it.  I agree with others that Arnold should have fired Brooke.  Brooke told us her strategy in the very first episode-not to be the project manager in order to lesson the possibility of being fired.  Did I believe her when she told her team she could fundraise $100,000-$200,000?  Absolutely not, but I was surprised that she offered to be project manager.  Maybe she thought she could get some donations from Dancing with the Stars coworkers.

• Love 6

Maybe Brooke thought she could raise $100,000 - $200,000 from hubby David's loyal Baywatch former co-stars. I mean, they are SO current and relative these days.

wonder if Carson called on Ted Allen for a donation. He's done pretty dang well since Queer Eye. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I don't know how many people here watch Real Housewives of Beverly Hills but Kyle is not even remotely confrontational.  I think the best we could have asked for would have been for her to not use the picture of Brooke and her never-was husband. 

i can't even believe how much  David's refusal annoyed me.  I guess I'm lucky because I've never any man that wouldn't have just sat down behind his wife.  Jesus!

Yes! I watch and know that's not her style. I was screaming "say it, kyle! come on, Kyle you can do it" at the tv the whole time. I knew she would have had to be pushed very hard to say something but I was totally counting on one of those other women (Porsha and definitely Lisa haven't seemed to have a problem confronting) to say it for her. I really was only watching because I like Kyle (ugh, I KNOW) but now I'm going to keep watching because I want Brooke to make an even bigger ass of herself. 

When Kyle piped right up to be PM I was like "girl, nooo. wait until the fund-raising task, dumbass." I agreed with everyone else that Kyle probably more than anyone on either team would have slayed. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

If it was a car ad, I can maybe see his insistence on being in the driver's seat, but a motorcycle ad, where he'll be putting his arms around her, maybe get to cop a feel when nobody's looking? Not so much.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

A big burly biker may have been too stereotype for the campaign, but they could easily have had a family, with grandpa, mom, dad, and teenage daughter, each with their own bike, and mom sitting on hers with a younger kid behind her.

This will be horrible so look away if need be:  My cousin and her husband loved to ride and took their two boys with on a motorcycle/camping trip.  They were hit head on by a truck and only the boys survived by being on the back and flying away from the road.  Everyone in the family gave up street riding after that.  It has been about 35 years now.  

2 hours ago, I8A 4RE said:

AND Mauricio is about a thousand times better looking and not a dick, so there's that. 

Yes! Kyle could have at least used one of those other guys in the shot with the tall girl.  I kept screaming at my tv for her to do that or pull someone off the street.

2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I take umbrage at his comment, and so do my cats!  I guess he just doesn't understand how badly his attitude about the photo shoot came across to most of us.  It was very insulting to his wife. 

My guy is a biker, with colors and tats and everything else.  He is the most wonderful, well mannered and non sexist man I know.  He literally had to leave the room when that dick was talking about macho........macho is standing NEXT to your wife and supporting her and not worrying about how you look to other men.  He looked like an asshole to other men, by the way.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Damn! I love dark chocolate. I'd love to donate to get a box.

And cashews too!  They don't sell See's candy on the East Coast, and even if they did, we don't know if they would be featuring the sample products as a promotion . They should.  When they had the ice-cream challenge with Walgreen's a couple of years ago, we bought the flavors and tried them.

15 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I thought the same thing.

If you hold back that much, you're definitely going home. 

• Love 4

I suspect the women would have lost even if Brooke's husband hadn't been a douche, because then all 4 images would be saying "bike for women" which wasn't their concept. But that would have been a nice image. In fact, instead of Vince holding the dog I would have liked him "riding bitch" to a woman his age to really sell the "all demographics" thing. My only problem with their set, including the drag queen shot, is that it looked like models using the bike as a prop rather than potential customers.

I actually don't think Jon was holding back. I think he didn't want to debase himself begging for money from friends. It seems like a recurring theme for Celebrity Apprentice that many of the comics they recruit don't seem that motivated: Tom Green, Andrew Dice Clay, Adam Corolla, Gilbert Gottfried ... to my memory none of them seemed to care. Joan Rivers and Arsenio Hall are the notable exceptions and as a result did very well. So I wonder if the producers really want a comic for talking heads and recruit a little harder among people who aren't that interested. (Just a theory.)

• Love 5

Sees Candy~if you have not had Sees, please give them a try as I think they are one of the best, and most reasonable, fabulous chocolates/candies around.  One of the best is California brittle which is brittle encased in milk chocolate....okay, back to the show.

Totally agree. It was my mom's absolute favorite from the time many years ago we went to California to visit family and she was introduced to it. When I got older and they started doing a catalog, I always made sure no matter what else I got her, to order her a box for Christmas, birthdays, Easter, etc. I live in the South so there's no Sees anywhere near me. Definitely try it if you haven't. I highly recommend their Easter candy...the jelly beans, the beautifully decorated chocolate eggs with different fillings, etc.  And they have great customer service! End of  commercial.

Let me add to the chorus...Mr. Brooke Burke Charvet is a macho jerk and I wish Kyle had told him to hit the road...and Brooke should have been fired for letting him change the concept. I never watched Baywatch so still have no idea who he is. I hope Brooke gets sent to the choppa next. Go Boy George!

• Love 5

Joan Rivers raised less money in her challenge than her competitor. Maybe comedians in general, are not that well connected to people who are willing to donate. Either that, or they have offended too many people while telling jokes.

The men did a better job in their presentation. The women were reading from notes and were not engaging. 

Just because Arnold is a Terminator doesn't mean that he is the right host for this show. The chopper is just too much. 

• Love 3

Does Brooke not know her husband? Why would she volunteer him to play that role in the shoot knowing the kind of man he is? Then again maybe he only allowed her to be on the show if he got to be featured too....And lmao at him not wanting to be 'seen that way' by Arnold. I think it's safe to say that Arnold, like most of the audience, doesn't know him from a hole in the wall. Speaking of chauvinists, I have to agree that there was something about Trump's smarminess and banter with the celebrities that made it more entertaining. It also could be that LA seems to be lacking the energy of NYC; I doubt Vince's store would've been that empty in Manhattan. Not to mention Trump's advisors were also less forgettable. 

Carson is so delightful. If/When he's fired, the show will significantly less interesting.

• Love 10

I'm still not warming up to Carson.  Everything he says and does seems rehearsed, right down to the facial expressions.  It just seems like he sits at home in the mirror practicing phrases and thinks "that's the one, now which face should I make when I say it?" And then starts making facial expressions.   I don't know what it is about him but I'm just not liking him.  I also hated how he wouldn't shut up about his naked picture.  

I'm rooting for Boy George which surprises me, I had always heard he was a jerk so I'm pleasantly surprised that I like him so much. 

Edited by Maharincess
2 hours ago, GussieK said:

They don't sell See's candy on the East Coast, and even if they did, we don't know if they would be featuring the sample products as a promotion .

I did a search on their site on a Boston ZIP code (does 02134 mean anything to anyone else?) and found that they sell them in Lord & Taylor there.

1 hour ago, Showthyme said:

The women were reading from notes and were not engaging. 

IIRC, Brooke wasn't particularly engaging as co-host on DWTS either.  She had very simple, rote questions ("how do you feel about that performance?") and brought very little personality to the role.

• Love 5

For some reason, the whole crap fest with Brooke and her husband seem staged. I cant really explain it but it didnt seem real. I know reality shows are not real and a lot of it is scripted but this part with Brooke seemed forced. All of a sudden she calls her "hotty" husband (her descrption) and he's not busy (go figure) and then he refuses follow the plan. It was like her own desperate way to have him included in the show, no matter how stupid he looked. 

Also, Kyle and Brooke look much older than the ages they claim to be. The lighting on this show obviously isnt as good as others they have been on.

I love Carson and Boy George.  Vince Neil seems a bit off,, from the usual Vince Neil.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

I think the Celebrity flavors of Snapple have been the only thing created on this series to make it to actual production, and that didn't show up for purchase until the following season was already running (outside of their test markets anyway). Quiznos had the sandwiches from the show on their menu for a little while, but you could order the same thing any time.

Still surprised how awesome Troparocka was.

I have no idea why Brooke thought "authenticity" had anything to do with the campaign. "I wouldn't drive him in real life, so it wouldn't be authentic." Well I'm pretty sure you aren't going to see Kyle Richards scooting around on a motorcycle either. It was quite sad seeing how she was rationalizing everything that was happening. 

Carson: "We decided to push the boundaries and add a yorkie." LOL!

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

It REALLY annoyed me, too.  I couldn't even believe he was serious at first. And Brooke was annoying me with the "we wouldn't do this in real life" argument. It's a PICTURE for an ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN. It's not "real life." I am sure your husband has done things in movies that he wouldn't do in "real life", right? The whole thing was just crazy and Brooke's attempt to pacify her husband was making me nervous-like, I was nervous for her safety. The way he was kind of talking down to her, almost humiliating her in front of her teammates? It didn't set well with me.

I have to admit, the only reason I started watching was because The Donald made fun of the premier, saying that it didn't get as many views as HIS shows did. Although I am not a Nielson home, I am now watching every episode, just for the principle of the matter.  

George or Carson for the win. (Or maybe Neil. He's okay, too.) 

• Love 5

I don't think Kyle should have been the one to go.  Burke should have IMO.  I also don't think Kyle's previous concepts should have been a factor at all in this decision especially since her last concept wasn't even followed.  I too watch housewives and I enjoy the kind of ordinariness of Kyle.  It is true she is not confrontational but she could have got shots with a couple other guys and just chose one of them.  The concept was a bit vanilla and definitely estrogen heavy.  I thought the shot with her and Lisa would have been better if it were her (a small housewife) vs. a huge biker guy.  A family shot, a beauty queen and then a shot of a business man would have been more everybody to me.  Even though I love Kyle I do think the guys deserved the win.  For me anyway Arnold is also vanilla.  Not sure this show will last for another season.  I like Matt, Boy George, Carson and Laila so far but I was watching for Kyle.

• Love 6

It is quite hard to watch the boardroom sessions this season. Not because the contestants are nasty or stupid, but the opposite, really. Most of them appear to be nice people who have a problem throwing people under the bus. It is even more apparent in these two tasks. Whenever Arnold asked who was responsible for the loss of the tasks, it's just crickets and awkward silences. It makes for an uncomfortable viewing because THEY look uncomfortable in the boardroom. One thing that is also missing is the "intimidation factor". The previous host was enough of a loose-canon and had a sharp tongue, so most of the "celebrities" were more intimidated by him and played the game accordingly. The previous host was also good at pressing people's buttons to get certain responses (good or bad). Arnold is not intimidating at all and he can't get the answers he wants out of them. His nephew tries hard to prompt them but it is difficult when the main "boss" couldn't do that. It really is a conundrum. I like watching the tasks because of the lack of nastiness but it gets boring in the boardroom when the last four people that were fired basically fell on their swords and asked to be fired.

My crush on Matt continues. He really seems to be a pleasant man with his ego in check. He is also a great presenter, just like Carson. The men team has charismatic and creative people and that's one of the reasons they have won a lot. The ladies are hard-workers but they are not creative.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It REALLY annoyed me, too.  I couldn't even believe he was serious at first. And Brooke was annoying me with the "we wouldn't do this in real life" argument. It's a PICTURE for an ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN. It's not "real life." I am sure your husband has done things in movies that he wouldn't do in "real life", right? The whole thing was just crazy and Brooke's attempt to pacify her husband was making me nervous-like, I was nervous for her safety. The way he was kind of talking down to her, almost humiliating her in front of her teammates? It didn't set well with me.

I've had the same feeling, Mamadrama.  Something about that scenario made me VERY uncomfortable.  I thought she looked fearful.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, easypeasy said:

Does Brooke not know her husband? Why would she volunteer him to play that role in the shoot knowing the kind of man he is? Then again maybe he only allowed her to be on the show if he got to be featured too....And lmao at him not wanting to be 'seen that way' by Arnold. I think it's safe to say that Arnold, like most of the audience, doesn't know him from a hole in the wall.

Carson is so delightful. If/When he's fired, the show will significantly less interesting.

1st bold:  ooooh, never thought of that.  Good catch!

2nd bold:  I agree, have loved him since his Queer Eye days.

About Seers candies:  [gets up on soapbox] I have successfully flushed out all high fructose corn syrup and have pretty much gone completely no GMO and organic.........I digress, I was disheartened to see that Seers does contain some high fructose corn syrup in some of their products.  They have a very nice explanation of some of their ingredients no longer are available without HFCS.  I get it.  Love Buffet but can't eat his candy. [climbs down]

• Love 1

Brooke's husband was an ass but I didn't think she deserved to be fired because he was uncooperative. She tried her best to convince him without making a scene in front of everyone but he was stubborn. After that she had no choice but to sell that idea. Who knows, she may have layed it into him behind closed doors but I thought it was wise she didn't quarrel with her husband or bad-mouth him on national TV for a TV show. It's not worth it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, waving feather said:

Brooke's husband was an ass but I didn't think she deserved to be fired because he was uncooperative. She tried her best to convince him without making a scene in front of everyone but he was stubborn. After that she had no choice but to sell that idea. Who knows, she may have layed it into him behind closed doors but I thought it was wise she didn't quarrel with her husband or bad-mouth him on national TV for a TV show. It's not worth it.

I hope she told hubby what Arnold said BEFORE the show aired.  However, I guess, even if she did, he's going to be pretty unhappy that Arnold thought refusing to ride behind a woman was stupid and voices his opinion very clearly.

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Glad I'm not Brooke. Glad I have a boyfriend who isn't embarrassed if I wore a Sock Monkey Santa Hat to Walmart.

Actually, that's rather upscale attire for Walmart! I was expecting you to say sock monkey pajamas.

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

Actually, that's rather upscale attire for Walmart! I was expecting you to say sock monkey pajamas.

I did wear my Sock Monkey slippers. I draw the line at pajamas, however. :)

I'm beginning to think Brooke's husband is jealous of her so-called new success and did whatever he could to make her look bad. Asshat.

• Love 9
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:08 AM, FairyDusted said:

@mwell345 YUP! I spotted Dorit and PK. I believe they said they donated 80,000. That was awfully nice of Kyle to come back with Maurcio and Sofia and drop some cash. I am sorry to see her not get to that challenge. I think she could have rolled everyone in donations.    

I think that was Portia, wasn't it?  She barely reached the counter and Sofia is super tall. 

As others have said, there was no way Kyle would be aggressive in the boardroom.  She was raised by a domineering monster of a mother, and has two older sisters who've always pushed her around.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:27 AM, TaraS1 said:

I guess she was trying to minimize the embarrassment, but there was such a weird vibe to that whole thing.  We probably didn't see the whole discussion, but she seemed to fold pretty quickly once he said he wasn't doing it, like she was afraid to push him on it.  It was just odd.  I would have expected any of those women to take their spouse aside and be like, "Are you fucking kidding me right now?  Are you seriously going to embarrass me like this on national television?"  And maybe she did, but I didn't get that feeling.  It all felt very, "He wears the pants and that's how it is and I'm not going to challenge it."

My only other exposure to this guy was when Brooke was on Dancing with the Stars.  When she won he had tears running down his face, and he talked of how proud he was of her.  Who knew what an asshole he was.  I guess he's had eight more years of irrelevance and "who?" since then, and he's increasingly bitter.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I hope she told hubby what Arnold said BEFORE the show aired.  However, I guess, even if she did, he's going to be pretty unhappy that Arnold thought refusing to ride behind a woman was stupid and voices his opinion very clearly.

I hope she didn't say a word.  Then he would be sitting on the couch, hopefully surrounded by family and friends, blushing furiously (and looking like a total jerk) at what Arnold said.  I hope the whole room laughed at him.  Guy needs a wakeup call.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, easypeasy said:

Does Brooke not know her husband? Why would she volunteer him to play that role in the shoot knowing the kind of man he is? Then again maybe he only allowed her to be on the show if he got to be featured too....And lmao at him not wanting to be 'seen that way' by Arnold. I think it's safe to say that Arnold, like most of the audience, doesn't know him from a hole in the wall.

I wouldn't be surprised.  I LOL'd when she said her husband was available.  Sure he was, it's the reason you're on the show - other than earning a living for the family.  He was probably lurking nearby, waiting for the call.  And when he walked away, if she held out on him, I bet he would have come back.  He's thirsty.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

For some reason, the whole crap fest with Brooke and her husband seem staged. I cant really explain it but it didnt seem real. I know reality shows are not real and a lot of it is scripted but this part with Brooke seemed forced. All of a sudden she calls her "hotty" husband (her descrption) and he's not busy (go figure) and then he refuses follow the plan. It was like her own desperate way to have him included in the show, no matter how stupid he looked. 

Maybe that was her way of hinting to him that he needs to get a job. 

I think they have three kids together. Something must be working.

In these fundraising challenges, I often wonder if people ask about the charity. If a celebrity friend of mine called and asked me to contribute to a CA contest, I'd ask, 'what charity.' If it was something I didn't believe in, I wouldn't write a check. 

Edited by ennui
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

They sell See candy in the D.C. Area.  In Bethesda, MD, Columbia MD, Arlington, VA and D.C.

You can also buy it online, through their website (it works well; my mom bought some this past Christmas), & they have "pop-up" shops in cities where they don't normally have stores during the holidays if you can wait that long. We had 1 in our mall at least once.

I'm really enjoying the show.  I like the celebrities involved and most importantly no stupid drama.  I am rooting for Carson, Matt and George.

I was thinking that Jon was not such a cut and dry elimination because if Warren Buffet would have liked their candy they would have won and it wouldn't have mattered.  I thought they had way too many ingredients.

Chale annoys me. He seems to be pretty negative.

Also!  A TRIPLE ELIMINATION next week?

Only 3 more episodes?  :(

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 3
On 1/17/2017 at 3:30 PM, seacliffsal said:

One of the best is California brittle which is brittle encased in milk chocolate....okay, back to the show.

I'll see (or would that be Sees?) your California brittle and raise you a half-dozen Scotchmallows -- mmm, a little nibble of Heaven on Earth. ;D

On 1/17/2017 at 5:06 PM, jumper sage said:

This will be horrible so look away if need be:  My cousin and her husband loved to ride and took their two boys with on a motorcycle/camping trip.  They were hit head on by a truck and only the boys survived by being on the back and flying away from the road.  

How awful -- so sorry for your loss!

• Love 2
On 1/17/2017 at 7:59 PM, deSchenke said:

Could you imagine if the team split put Brooke on the other team and she had asked her husband to get on the bike behind the drag queen?  I think his head would have exploded!

Here's the thing.  Isn't it ironic that the women were intent on portraying female empowerment in their photo layouts yet the one man tangentially on their team refused to cooperate because he felt he was asked to take a back seat to his wife?  And then he was rude to her, stating he wouldn't trust her to drive a bike with him on the back and that only a stupid husband would?  The irony seemed to fly right over all their heads and they should not have won for that reason alone imo.  I thought the Kyle/Lisa photo was good and the Laila photo was powerful as well but I think she should have been actually on the bike.  As far as the men's presentation I thought it was too much focused on gay culture considering what the actual demographic for motorcycles is.  They had a drag queen (although I don't know how many people outside of the LA drag club scene or RuPaul's Drag Race audience are going to know who Alaska Thunderfuck is or even that's she's a man) Ricky, who was covered in oil and smoking a cigar, okaaaay, Vince in a tux with a little dog (wearing a bow?) and a woman wearing motorcycle boots and a short skirt which would have flown up around her waist the minute she started to ride.  Where was the photo for the demographic that views automotive products as an extension of their penis?  And I'm not just talking about men but mostly.  Vince, Chael, Matt and John should have spoken to this but they were silent with the exception of John who made a few jokes.

As far as the candy challenge all I really have to say about that is Brooke needs to go home like yesterday.  She claimed she wanted to be project manager (yeah, right) then fumed when Ricky didn't collect the 2-300,000 he had estimated he would but only 100,000.  How much did you bring in Brooke?  I don't believe it was mentioned.  I bet anything it was less than 100K.  It had to be because Ricky brought in 100, George brought in 120, Layla brought in 45,  I think Lisa brought in about 40 the there was the random store money plus Kyle's 10k.  Girl, bye.  I'm happy for Vince and his charity.  It sounds like a great charity, run by Drs at the world renowned  Cleveland Clinic to study brain disease.  $770,000!  Pretty nice contribution.  According to an article from a Vegas paper, Vince offered to split the money with Ricky's charity but the producer's said no as that would be against the rules.

• Love 2

Kawasaki not happy

Kawasaki USA, the U.S. unit of the Japanese manufacturer of motorcycles and other sports vehicles, wants to part ways with “The New Celebrity Apprentice,” citing consumer backlash to President-elect Donald Trump’s involvement with the program.

“Once we understood the concerns of American citizens, we have taken the approach of agreeing not to participate in the show in the future as long as Mr. Trump is involved as an executive producer,” Kawasaki spokesman Kevin Allen told Reuters Wednesday.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, zulualpha said:

Where was the photo for the demographic that views automotive products as an extension of their penis?  And I'm not just talking about men but mostly.  Vince, Chael, Matt and John should have spoken to this but they were silent with the exception of John who made a few jokes.

Well, Chael did speak out about it but he was told by the project manager that they are looking to have a more inclusive message.

Honestly, that drag queen was so believable that if you haven't told me, I would have thought that was just a really tall lady.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, waving feather said:

Well, Chael did speak out about it but he was told by the project manager that they are looking to have a more inclusive message.

Yeah, giving benefit of the doubt I think maybe Chael was on to what could have been a concern but didn't express it well at all. He said something like "We're not selling bikes to Drag Queens" and that comes off like he's against them. But if the word "just" was implied, maybe he had a point. There's a difference between "being inclusive" and "being exclusive to a different group".

22 hours ago, backformore said:

Or maybe not "not happy".

The motorbike maker said in a statement released late Wednesday that an earlier comment from a Kawasaki employee was "a misrepresentation of the company's position." Kawasaki said the employee was no longer working there.

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:49 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

think the Celebrity flavors of Snapple have been the only thing created on this series to make it to actual production, and that didn't show up for purchase until the following season was already running (outside of their test markets anyway). Quiznos had the sandwiches from the show on their menu for a little while, but you could order the same thing any time.

There was an ice cream competition too, with flavors that were available at Walgreens.