Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: Candy for a Billionaire

Jon was an ass.  He thinks he created a candy, he put some flavors together.  Chocolate with caramel, raspberry AND mint?  Yuck.  Peppermint and chocolate is OK, but add any other flavors, and the mint overpowers everything. So he pouted because they didn't like it.  And THAT was why he was sent to present the candy to Buffet, so his pouting wouldn't be a distraction.   Jon was absolutely waiting to call any friends for donations until he got to be project manager, so that he could get the donations.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, backformore said:

Jon was absolutely waiting to call any friends for donations until he got to be project manager, so that he could get the donations.

Even so, what he raised was pretty low. He's down there with a couple of past contestants who were cast as eye candy and had next to nobody to call. I could see him holding back that much if one of the PM's had a fake charity, but I think all of this season's are legit.

• Love 1
On 1/19/2017 at 0:50 AM, zulualpha said:

As far as the candy challenge all I really have to say about that is Brooke needs to go home like yesterday.  She claimed she wanted to be project manager (yeah, right) then fumed when Ricky didn't collect the 2-300,000 he had estimated he would but only 100,000.  How much did you bring in Brooke?

I fully expect that what someone brings in as PM and what they bring in as a supporter are two different numbers. She said she could bring in $100-200k for her own charity. A lot of those lined-up donors aren't going to give away the same amount to a completely different one.  To come up with $50k under those circumstances is fine.  This is different from Ricky falling short of expectations on his own charity.

14 hours ago, backformore said:

There was an ice cream competition too, with flavors that were available at Walgreens. 

Yeah, the Penn Jillette / Trace Adkins final. It was definitely in stores because they made "which flavor sells better" part of the competition. (And then disregarded the results because Trump gonna Trump.)  And then they also came back a year later without much fanfare, which implies they actually liked the flavors. But it didn't become permanent so who knows.

• Love 1

In her day, Brooke was among the hottest ladies in da world!  She was no dummy and she carved out a second act as a host (She was excellent on Rockstar: Supernova).  So, of course, she marries a macho POS/bully!  I laughed and laughed when Arnold revealed the task was about candy.   That girl hasn't touched processed/refined sugar in 30 years.  

I was floored that Laila did not continue her jihad against Leslie when she had the chance to name her as a potential bring-back.  A smart tactician, she.

See's is the bomb.  Did nobody realize that Buffett is a massive shareholder in Dairy Queen (I believe he is majority shareholder).  He eats a certain DQ concoction most every day.  It would have been a no-brainer to mimic the taste of that.  Then again, the choice of flavors was very likely limited to a few dictated by See's.

• Love 2

Two things that bugged me besides Mr. Brooke Burke's machismo were 

1. In the motorcycle challenge, Kyle still got $25k from Kawasaki even though her team lost. That made Carson  (whom I love) the losingest winner.

2. The candy challenge required fundraising yet the teams were uneven. If i was on the team that had 5 members and I lost, I would have cried foul to the powers that be. Of course, I would have been automatically fired.

• Love 4

Signing off on what everybody else has said about Brooke's tool of a husband.  I would have been happy to have seen Brooke go and let Kyle clean up during the fundraiser. As it was, I do agree that Kyle was the one to go. She should have stood firm about the concept for the shot or thrown out the photo of Brooke and Neanderthal. Seriously? When he first put up resistance, I thought he was joking.  Otherwise, I have no use for Brooke.

I loved the men's photo shoot.  I got caught up in the creative energy and fun of watching Carson and George plan and execute that photo shoot. Aerte is/was fortunate to have so many creative types on their team.

I actually thought Laila's candy sounded terrible -- way too many flavors going on -- and the other team should have won for using common sense to research what Warren Buffet would prefer. I didn't care for Jon, so I wasn't sorry to see him go. Ricky and Chael are pretty worthless and I was surprised (pleasantly) by Vince.

I think that the final battle will be between Carson and Laila. She seems pretty untouchable. It also seemed like during the Kawasaki shoot that she was trying to distance herself from the other women so she definitely has some strategy in mind.  I also like Matt but seeing him maybe into the final four.  I also like Boy George but don't see him making it to the end.

On 1/21/2017 at 5:05 PM, Blissfool said:

The candy challenge required fundraising yet the teams were uneven. If i was on the team that had 5 members and I lost, I would have cried foul to the powers that be. Of course, I would have been automatically fired.

A couple of similar situations came up during the S1 marathon CNBC ran over the weekend. There's no reason not to go ahead and fire anyone TPTB have already decided won't be finalists, and if there isn't anyone like that, if the argument can be made that everyone did their best, you can have a non-firing task.

On 1/17/2017 at 6:41 AM, cooksdelight said:

But if he's truly a service dog, he's received training not to be frightened in those situations. I think Jon's dog is just there because he wants to take him everywhere.

Welcome to LA! Dogs can go anywhere and everywhere. Just today, I had my dog in Rite Aid as per usual and the manager said, "I'm so sorry, but the CIty of LA told us we can't allow dogs in here anymore...unless he's a service dog (wink, wink)..." This city has no shame, just about every dog is a "service dog."

• Love 1

I'm flipping through channels and ran across an episode of Baywatch with Mr. Brooke Burke.  Apparently the plot is about his character chasing after some blonde bombshell riding a bike.  I'm shocked and dismayed on so many levels:  How could someone write something so ridiculous?  Why did Mr. Burke agree to participate in such a farce?  Why didn't Mr. Burke go to the producers and refuse to do his job?  He clearly would have had the moral high ground because his cause is just.  How did a low rent show like Baywatch afford all that CGI?  There's no way they could find a woman to ride a motorcycle so that character had to be CGI, right?    I count on Mr. Burke to keep this crazy world grounded in some resemblance of reality and it's just disheartening to see him sell out like this.

• Love 9
On 1/27/2017 at 9:28 PM, Maverick said:

I'm flipping through channels and ran across an episode of Baywatch with Mr. Brooke Burke.  Apparently the plot is about his character chasing after some blonde bombshell riding a bike.  I'm shocked and dismayed on so many levels:  How could someone write something so ridiculous?  Why did Mr. Burke agree to participate in such a farce?  Why didn't Mr. Burke go to the producers and refuse to do his job?  He clearly would have had the moral high ground because his cause is just.  How did a low rent show like Baywatch afford all that CGI?  There's no way they could find a woman to ride a motorcycle so that character had to be CGI, right?    I count on Mr. Burke to keep this crazy world grounded in some resemblance of reality and it's just disheartening to see him sell out like this.

He was a young and naive boy, now he is a grown male chauvinist.

The writers have no excuse and I have to assume that this "woman" was really a man in a dress, and all was revealed Scooby Doo style at the end.

Edited by RealReality