Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: Candy for a Billionaire

The star players must create a marketing campaign for a motorcycle company. Later, they are tasked with producing a new candy for investor Warren Buffett. Here, two representatives from each team jet to Omaha to present the sweet to Buffett in person.

David was on Baywatch and Melrose Place. And, that's about it. I do not like that Chael guy at all. Don't worry meathead, no guy is going to try and put anything up your butt, so just relax yourself. I miss Trump in this role, I really do. The boardrooms were at least entertaining. Why God.. Why?! Anyway.. This has been pretty boring so far. Bye Jon, you have always creeped me out. Carson, Boy George, and Laila are who I'm rooting for.  Oh, and Matt Iseman, I like him too, but, he doesn't stand a chance. Didn't know he was a Doctor who graduated from both Princeton and Columbia.

• Love 10

Brooke's husband sounded like an idiot. Even Arnold said he would've agreed to posing behind Brooke on the motorcycle so what does that tell you? I think she should've been fired for letting her husband control and change the concept of the photo that the team already had in place. It didn't make sense to fire Kyle based on concepts from past tasks when ultimately, the team lost by a small margin based on Brooke's photo alone.

In terms of the second task, I kind of felt bad for Jon because it was obvious that Ricky sent him to Omaha to present the chocolate to Warren Buffett just to get him out of the way. However, I do agree with him being fired because he raised the least amount of money in a fund raising challenge.

If I had to choose who will be the final two right now, I would predict that it'll be Boy George and Carson. I'm rooting for them because I like them both very much, they're strong competitors, and I would be happy with either one winning.

Edited by Steph619
  • Love 24

I knew the men were going to win the first task.  There's no way a corporate entity was going to poo-poo an ad that had a drag queen and risk being branded as insensitive, especially when you consider this was filmed a year ago when all the Kaitlyn Jenner stuff was fresh.   That said, I thought the men's presentation was far more interesting.  and I didn't see anything wrong with their pictures (although I didn't think Carson's fit theme so good move pulling it).  They weren't "trying to market to drag queens" Chael.  They were trying to convey the notion it's for anyone.  On the women's side, I felt embarrassed for Brooke...then I remembered she married this lunkhead and she started defending him, so hey whatever works for her    I mean seriously, "it would never happen that way in real life"   And why exactly?  Dude's a creep.  And David Chokachi was always hotter.

• Love 19

I can't stand men like Chael and Brooke's husband (don't you just know he hates being called that).  Everything's a dick-swinging contest.   Nobody knows who you are anymore, Mr. Brooke, and Arnold made sure you looked like an asshole.  

I didn't hate Arnold this episode, and it was nice he named his ex-MIL's charity. 

Too bad Kyle was fired.  I think she would have out earned everybody on the last challenge. 

I think Jon Lovitz totally held back in case he became PM on a money raising task.  The problem is he made it so very obvious. 

Ricky is lucky he didn't bring back Brooke.  She was gunning for him since the task started.  She's surprisingly cut throat, and I would root for her if she hadn't kowtowed to her husband.  I bet his ego is bruised because Brooke brings in the money for the family.  So she can buy his little motorcycles, but his machismo prevents her doing anything other than clinging to his backside and looking hot.   Kyle is much nicer than me.   I would have just cut the picture. 

• Love 12

Did Brooke have any male models to use?  She should have just used one of them, since douche bro said no. She folded quickly though and said that her husband was right. So she probably wouldn't have used them anyway (or been allowed to probably)

• Love 8

I was disappointed in Brooke's kowtowing to her Neanderthal husband, but I was ok with Kyle being fired.  She was the PM; she could have stepped up and told Cro-Magnun Man that he needed to get on the back of the bike, or they would find someone who would.  

• Love 12

I like Kyle.  It was nice of her to donate to Porscha after she got fired.  She would have killed in the fundraising task.  Of course, she may have donated to Porscha because she's afraid of her.  Porscha Can be a raging lunatic when upset. Bless her heart.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 13

Brooke's husband got what he deserved when she got home!  If we only had a video of him watching Arnold tell his wife he would have riden on the back had she asked.  

Good episode. 

Carson did a fabulous job. Love that man. 

I like Jon in small doses but he was annoying here and the right one to go. I think Brooke should have been terminated. She was a bump on a log in the candy challenge.  

Next week looks good.

Something is missing though.  That last challenge had little content.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

As far as viewing her & her husband as a "power couple"....I never heard of her chauvinist husband before.

Again, the self-perception these people have of their own celebrity and greatness simultaneously makes me laugh, but a little sad.

I am glad that Lovitz is gone, he was just such a jerk, but I do give him credit for his observation in the first task that clients always *say* they want edgy and they really don't. That is almost always the case on this show, and I am pleasantly surprised Kawasaki went with the edgier men's presentation.

I do believe that Arnold would have sat behind Brooke. He has his faults, but he seems very comfortable with gender and sexuality issues. (He flirted with a lot of boundaries in his early days.) And it just goes to show that Mr Brooke Burke is the insecure one. 

This was the first episode I actually liked Arnold, both for those comments, and for mentioning the Special Olympics, and also admitting that calling up people for money is really hard. But did he even see the Kawasaki ad campaigns? Kind of lazy if he never even did that.

Warren Buffet is the cutest, cuddliest ruthless oligarch around.

• Love 12

Brooke's husband is a jerk.  I thought he would give in - after all, it was to help out his wife, which he had said he would do.  A little "macho" talk would have been fine if he had been a good sport and gone along with it.  But no, he was apparently so worried about his image and what Arnold & the rest of the world would think when the truth is I have never heard of this guy and I'm sure his name & face would be meaningless to most people.  He chose instead to look like a total jerk on national television.   That could have been some nice exposure for him.  No one - and I mean no one - would have thought he was less masculine if he had sat in back rather than front for a photo.  How ridiculous!

I think Brooke should have been fired.  She knew the concept before she called him, told her team it was all good to go, and then of course it wasn't.  There's no way she didn't realize her husband would resist, and she should have either told the team that he would have to be persuaded, or she should have explained it all to him before he got there to be sure he'd be on board.  It's not as though he was their only choice.  Kyle's husband would probably have done it, or they could have gotten someone else, or gone in a different direction.   She let down her team in a big way by pretending it was all going to be okay, wimping out when her husband objected, and then defending him.  The shot they had to get was not the shot they had wanted and planned for.  And IMO that was completely Brooke's fault.

I haven't seen her contribute much at all since this show began, and I really thought this was going to be her time to go.  IMO it should have been.

Edited by DebbieM4
confused back/front
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, rhys said:

I don't think "power couple" means what Brooke thinks it means.

I agree.  And their definition of a couple being supportive of each other is certainly not the same as mine.

• Love 8

Kyle, Kyle, Kyle - as soon as Brooke's husband refused to get on the back of the motorcycle (what a jerk), she should have sent him home and called Mauricio who would have happily complied.   Failing that, she could have grabbed some guy walking down the street.

Whoever the woman was who judged with them - boring.  I said last week that I miss Ivanka and Donald - even more this week.

Does anyone know if this season was filmed before or after Mohammed Ali's death (June 2016)? I read somewhere that it filmed in "early 2016" so I am assuming before.

I like Carson - but nude.......um...no.

Wonder if Boy George called Dorit to donate?

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 9

@mwell345 YUP! I spotted Dorit and PK. I believe they said they donated 80,000. That was awfully nice of Kyle to come back with Maurcio and Sofia and drop some cash. I am sorry to see her not get to that challenge. I think she could have rolled everyone in donations.    

• Love 7

Kawasaki: Brooke deserved to go "to the chopper." * In the Boardroom, she supported her insecure husband's intransigence because she has to go home to him. Did I believe Brooke? No.

*Is that a line from his movies? Because I'm thinking he could say, e.g., "Kyle, you won't be back."

Candy: Even though this show is all about the charities (and product placement), I've never much cared for the "Rolodex challenges." Carson ONCE AGAIN was awesome (and frankly, he proved to be fitter than the athlete), and Chael (WHO?!**) was a nozzle. Jon Lovitz has a deadpan style of humor that I like; I'll miss him. 

**Ooh, don't miss this! :-P

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/1/16/14285414/tito-ortiz-chael-sonnen-promise-dying-father-bellator-170-spike-mma

Edited by LennieBriscoe
56 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

YUP! I spotted Dorit and PK. I believe they said they donated 80,000. That was awfully nice of Kyle to come back with Maurcio and Sofia and drop some cash. I am sorry to see her not get to that challenge. I think she could have rolled everyone in donations.    

Thanks - I missed a few minutes - had to let the dog out : )

• Love 1

I totally assumed Brooke's husband was kidding around at first, because what kind of douchebag says no to something as simple as a photo to help your wife win money for charity?  A douchebag like David Charvet, apparently.  

And I was so, so proud of my Boy for doing such a great job on both tasks!  I thought he was super helpful and encouraging to Carson in the first task (plus he maintained his cool when Chael was clearly hoping they'd ditch the drag queen, who is a friend of his), and then I was really impressed by his fundraising efforts in the See's task.  It was fun to recognize some of his lifelong, diehard fans in line to donate at the store, and I loved that he got praise in the boardroom even though his team lost.  Go George!

Edited by TaraS1
  • Love 18

I forgot to add what BS Brooke's non-entity of a spouse's "reasoning" why he wouldn't do it... Shooting him on the back of the bike isn't what would happen in "real life".  And Brooke No-Backbone Burke buying into it & trying to sell that in the boardroom.  Um, what?? 99% of what is shown in ads in not portraying "real life".  Whether it's print ads or aired on TV, ads (especially ones featuring quasi-famous people selling nonessential goods) are all about the fantasy of being like those people... in their environment, with their clothes/makeup/perfume/car/lifestyle.  The colors are enhanced.  The bodies are enhanced. The freaking KFC chicken is enhanced. None of it is "real", you blockheads! You are selling the dream of whatever joy the marketing execs tell you their product will bring into the unwashed masses' lives.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I forgot to add what BS Brooke's non-entity of a spouse's "reasoning" why he wouldn't do it... Shooting him on the back of the bike isn't what would happen in "real life".  And Brooke No-Backbone Burke buying into it & trying to sell that in the boardroom.  Um, what?? 

I guess she was trying to minimize the embarrassment, but there was such a weird vibe to that whole thing.  We probably didn't see the whole discussion, but she seemed to fold pretty quickly once he said he wasn't doing it, like she was afraid to push him on it.  It was just odd.  I would have expected any of those women to take their spouse aside and be like, "Are you fucking kidding me right now?  Are you seriously going to embarrass me like this on national television?"  And maybe she did, but I didn't get that feeling.  It all felt very, "He wears the pants and that's how it is and I'm not going to challenge it."

• Love 14

Hadn't heard of David Charvet before last night's challenge, and now only wish I was still in the dark.  What a jerk.  Really, I'm speechless that he was so reluctant to support his wife by sitting behind her on a motorcycle in a photo shoot.  He strikes me as the type of father who texts his wife incessantly when a child gets sick and she's not home to take care of the sick toddler.  Incidents like this make me feel relieved that I'm single.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I forgot to add what BS Brooke's non-entity of a spouse's "reasoning" why he wouldn't do it... Shooting him on the back of the bike isn't what would happen in "real life".  And Brooke No-Backbone Burke buying into it & trying to sell that in the boardroom.  Um, what?? 99% of what is shown in ads in not portraying "real life".  Whether it's print ads or aired on TV, ads (especially ones featuring quasi-famous people selling nonessential goods) are all about the fantasy of being like those people... in their environment, with their clothes/makeup/perfume/car/lifestyle.  The colors are enhanced.  The bodies are enhanced. The freaking KFC chicken is enhanced. None of it is "real", you blockheads! You are selling the dream of whatever joy the marketing execs tell you their product will bring into the unwashed masses' lives.

Yeah - Arnold wasn't buying it either, since he said he'd do it in a photo shoot AND in real life.

• Love 11

Okay, hell has officially frozen over - Jon Lovitz actually made me laugh twice. "Have you met my friend Mr. Washington?" and running away from the helicopter both made me smile. But really - $500? Even I could raise that much. He must have known he would be going home if his team lost.

I wouldn't look twice at the Kawasaki ad Prima put together, but would certainly stop and take a moment to check out Carson's campaign - really eye-catching and drives home the point that their motorcycles are for everyone. I didn't think the win was close at all and was somewhat disappointed that Carson didn't get the normal $50,000 total reward for his charity.

Carson, George or Matt Isener for the win. I don't understand how Brooke is still there.

Edited by scootypuffjr
Redundancy
  • Love 14

They weren't "trying to market to drag queens" Chael.  They were trying to convey the notion it's for anyone.

That's the one thing that was kind of a mixed message by the motorcycle execs.  They wanted and "out of the box" idea, but yet it was mentioned in the boardroom that the execs said the one negative for Carson's idea was that some of the pictures didn't represent their target audience.  I caught that comment and thought, WTF?  They said they wanted to market it to "everybody," but I think what they really wanted was for them to market it to those who typically ride their bikes, but  add in some short and tall people to show that "everybody" fits the bike.   Yeah, you don't see too many drag queens out on the open road on a motorcycle, but I thought the idea of inclusiveness was clever.  A bike for every body indeed!

Visually I really liked what Carson & Boy George accomplished.   The picture with the young woman next to the bike with all of her shoes laying around was really good.  They did a good job of having the picture actually tell the story.

• Love 6

We ONCE went jet-skiing.  It was a tour around Key West.  We thought it would be a nice, leisurely pace - befitting the "group tour" concept and recognizing that some of us had NEVER been on a jet ski.  Let's just say we were wrong about that.

Regardless, Mr. AZC sat behind me, and I drove the SeaDoo.  Somehow, his masculinity did not suffer.

• Love 15

Even before she was axed, I knew Kyle would be crying in her final TH. That woman and her sister both cry at the drop of a hat, and their voices get all squeaky/scratchy. She had no creative concepts that spoke to the client in any of her tasks, so I was predicting she would go. Brooke can go next as she brings nothing to the table. She hovered around Ricky in the second task to the point I was wishing he'd sent her on the plane with Jon so they could do nothing together. Was it ever mentioned how much money she raised? I don't remember hearing an amount.

Porsha out on the street ringing that bell was hilarious. It looked like they were in a bad location because there was zero foot traffic. I've been to that big See's location where they make the candy, at least they have a parking lot. 

Lisa's glares of doom toward Chael made me uncomfortable. I'd hate to meet up with her in a dark alley if she was in a foul mood. They all have Chael to thank for having done the research to know what Warren Buffet really likes.

Jon's little dog looked terrified when they got close to the chopper. My dog would have reacted the same way, I think. But if he's truly a service dog, he's received training not to be frightened in those situations. I think Jon's dog is just there because he wants to take him everywhere.

• Love 6

Whether it's print ads or aired on TV, ads (especially ones featuring quasi-famous people selling nonessential goods) are all about the fantasy of being like those people... in their environment, with their clothes/makeup/perfume/car/lifestyle.  The colors are enhanced.  The bodies are enhanced. The freaking KFC chicken is enhanced. None of it is "real", you blockheads!

It's like having the "anti-wrinkle" products being demonstrated by 20 year olds!  "This product erases wrinkles!  Just look at our model!"  

They all have Chael to thank for having done the research to know what Warren Buffet really likes.

I agreed with them on keeping their piece of chocolate simple for Warren Buffet.   It would've been a gamble with the dark chocolate, but they already knew that he liked it, so that was a win-win for their team.  Some people are adamantly yay or nay on dark chocolate, so it would've been risky not to have known.  Same with the fruit, IMO.  Not everybody likes that flavor combination.  Lovitz couldn't believe that Warren liked the "simpler" piece of chocolate, but sometimes, you just want the basics!  It doesn't have to be jazzed up.  Give me a dark truffle any day of the week, and I'd be content! 

• Love 8

I'm pissed Kyle went home instead of Brooke! Brooke pandered to her husband's fragile ego and convinced her team he was right. Ugh!

No advertising executive is going to want to appear anti-LBGTQIA so I knew that team would win (it's all about how the company comes across in their commercial appearance on this show.....this show is a commercial for these companies/sponsors).
I wish Arnold would have fired Brooke---that would have been a good message imo.

Kyle would have killed it on fundraising!

Good on Chael for researching Warren Buffet (or knowing what the man likes).

• Love 8

As much as I always disliked Trump, the show was built around his personality, and it's not the same. Everything seems compacted and the other team doesn't get to see the rival's product, taste the other teams candy etc. It added something to the show. I'm not a huge fan of Jon Lovitz, but I have been part of a group where I know my input will always be ignored no matter what I say or do and he was like that. Also feel Chael is that person on the other team. I think the whole Brooke and her husband stunt was silly, but I'm not at all convinced it had anything to do with the loss. The pictures on the women's team were just very ordinary, there was nothing at all out of the box. Carson's group may have been a bit too much out of the box, but taking a risk is usually rewarded here as long as it is tasteful. Not sure Carson's nude shot added anything, but the drag queen shot was interested and well styled. 

• Love 3

Sadly, I have no idea how to quote Twitter here, but I just went to David Charvet's feed (@davidcharvet), where he tweeted this morning that he will always support his wife.  And he linked a comment that someone made on his Instagram, saying they were sick of reading "fembot crap" from people trying to shame the Charvets, and that "these bitter hateful women" will end up with a bunch of cats someday, while David & Brooke are still happily married.  And David thanked this person for that comment.  WTF??  Asshole.

• Love 16

I've read elsewhere that the each team DOES get to see the other's presentation, taste the candy, etc.  It's just that with having two full tasks on each show, there's no screen time to show that.  Apparently, it's not dramatic enough.

And those who criticized Charvet?  No, these are not "bitter hateful women"; they have a level of self-respect that Brooke doesn't have.  If they live alone, it's because they wouldn't settle for being emotionally bullied by a man who is so insecure he won't do something minor to help his wife on a project.  The project manager should have invited him to go home and not included him in the picture at all.  She was the MANAGER of this project; God forbid Charvet ever have a female boss.  Or maybe that's most of what's been offered to him.  This is a screen shot of his entire "career" since Melrose Place ended in 1998.

Capture.GIF

• Love 10

I had no idea that doing your wife a favor by sitting behind her on a motorcycle for less than 5 minutes to have a picture taken was "fembot crap".  I would have thought it was being a supportive husband.  It's especially ironic coming from a man who seemingly relies on his wife's income.  What a flaming asshole.  I'd boycott his shows and movies if he was in any.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 23
27 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

Sadly, I have no idea how to quote Twitter here, but I just went to David Charvet's feed (@davidcharvet), where he tweeted this morning that he will always support his wife.  And he linked a comment that someone made on his Instagram, saying they were sick of reading "fembot crap" from people trying to shame the Charvets, and that "these bitter hateful women" will end up with a bunch of cats someday, while David & Brooke are still happily married.  And David thanked this person for that comment.  WTF??  Asshole.

My bunch of neutered old cats were more supportive, and made better life partners, than that washed up piece of faux-machismo.  Pretty sure their empty ballsacks were bigger than his balls, too, since he was too insecure to let Arnold "see him that way".

• Love 11

I wonder if he didn't want Arnold to see him "that way" because he thought the exposure from being on the show and being in proximity to Arnold would revive his sad little career?

And I just noticed that his Twitter account doesn't even have a blue check mark like verified celebs.  And like his wife does.  Ha - that must sting too!

• Love 6

If you look at his Wikipedia page he was on some reality competition show a few years back, which I never heard of, where "celebrities" match up with athletes to do some sort of challenges. His partner? Lisa Leslie. Yet we saw no signs of friendship or recognition between the two. That may be because NBC didn't want to acknowledge the other series, which was on ABC. Or it could be because Lisa can't stand his stupid ass.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

They said they wanted to market it to "everybody," but I think what they really wanted was for them to market it to those who typically ride their bikes, but  add in some short and tall people to show that "everybody" fits the bike.   Yeah, you don't see too many drag queens out on the open road on a motorcycle, but I thought the idea of inclusiveness was clever.  A bike for every body indeed!

I couldn't help but wonder if it's no coincidence that they waited until after Snooki was gone to do this task. Brooke could have probably justified the photo with her husband by saying that there needed to be a mundane photo to contrast with the others if it actually had. The ladies completely missed the first half of the "everybody and every body". If they had called up a local biker club, I'm sure they could have found a few photogenic riders to broaden things without going as extreme as the guys.

4 hours ago, nora1992 said:

Hadn't heard of David Charvet before last night's challenge, and now only wish I was still in the dark.  What a jerk.  Really, I'm speechless that he was so reluctant to support his wife by sitting behind her on a motorcycle in a photo shoot.

I had to remind myself of what part he played on Baywatch, even though I frequently catch the reruns at midnight. The way he was upstaged on that show, I can see why he might have a chip on his shoulder, but he should have been more aware of how he was going to look.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, rhys said:

I don't think "power couple" means what Brooke thinks it means.

She seems to not have a grasp on many meanings. In last week's challenge when she referred to herself as a "millennial mom". She's 45 years old.

Edited by AManfred
  • Love 7
On 1/16/2017 at 11:58 PM, Mumbles said:

I am glad that Lovitz is gone, he was just such a jerk, but I do give him credit for his observation in the first task that clients always *say* they want edgy and they really don't. That is almost always the case on this show, and I am pleasantly surprised Kawasaki went with the edgier men's presentation.

And it was important to ask that question in the meeting and have the executives verify it. That way when their photos were edgy, the executives couldn't later say that edgy and out-of-the-box wasn't really what they wanted without looking like they were being misleading in the beginning.

On 1/17/2017 at 9:22 AM, scootypuffjr said:

Jon Lovitz actually made me laugh twice. "Have you met my friend Mr. Washington?" and running away from the helicopter both made me smile.

I also liked - and sympathized with Carson - when he talked about the guys team being broken up, that he felt like they were "a litter of puppies" being taken away to their new home. I smiled at that one. The guys had to know it was coming, but it was just so sudden with "okay here are the new teams." No real chance to say "goodbye" to each other - for either side - and now all of a sudden they had to compete against their former teammates. And, as often being the "odd guy out," now Jon had to start all over with half of a team that wasn't used to him. I'm glad that Jon did get to win at least one task for his charity before getting "terminated."

That's one thing that was different. I think usually Donald used to let the winning team choose and/or discuss among themselves who would go over to the losing team - which to me seems more fair. The winning team here is getting penalized in a way for working well together and then just getting broken up at random and reassigned not necessarily based on which of them works best together.

On 1/17/2017 at 11:25 AM, Madding crowd said:

Not sure Carson's nude shot added anything, but the drag queen shot was interested and well styled. 

I thought that the drag queen shot was fabulous. I was afraid when they were discussing the idea that it would be too over the top, but it indeed was well styled and for me definitely what Nina Garcia (on Project Runway) would call "editorial"... which it seems to me doesn't necessarily mean "clothes that you would actually wear," but more "clothes that make you take a second look at the article/photo shoot/rest of the clothes in the article." So even if drag queens aren't necessarily the target audience, to me the men's photos did what they were supposed to do in that they were more likely to make someone stop and  take another look - and by extension take a second look at the product - rather than just turn the page and/or walk by... Or as @scootypuffjr, said here:

On 1/17/2017 at 9:22 AM, scootypuffjr said:

I wouldn't look twice at the Kawasaki ad Prima put together, but would certainly stop and take a moment to check out Carson's campaign - really eye-catching and drives home the point that their motorcycles are for everyone. I didn't think the win was close at all and was somewhat disappointed that Carson didn't get the normal $50,000 total reward for his charity.

I agree. Prima's ad might've been more along the lines of usual Kawasaki / motorcycle riders, but that was not entirely what the task was supposed to be. Once again, the women didn't exactly hit the target of what the executives were asking for...

On 1/17/2017 at 1:54 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

The ladies completely missed the first half of the "everybody and every body". If they had called up a local biker club, I'm sure they could have found a few photogenic riders to broaden things without going as extreme as the guys.

And, in my opinion, I agree that this is why.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 3

To my unprofessional eye, just the fact that the men's team did their photos in front of a plain white background was great.  Nothing distracted the eye from the bike and the rider.  The women, sitting out on a busy street, had a dark background over which they had no control.  In those circumstances, people who have been to L.A. were more likely trying to identify where the shoot took place.  The bike just kind of blended into all of the other vehicles/street scene.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

If they had called up a local biker club, I'm sure they could have found a few photogenic riders to broaden things without going as extreme as the guys

If they'd had Hell's Angels in some shots, and kid-friendly shots, they'd have covered "everybody" and "every body". Maybe I'm not objective since I worked in advertising, but as soon Carson said it would look better with a plain solid background, I didn't care if they put monkeys and tigers on the bikes, I knew they'd win. 

I could see a big burly biker with a little kid in front of him, having the time of their lives, being a fantastic ad shot.

• Love 13

Brooke really should go into politics.  She was a master at spinning her husband's assholery into a good thing.  She reminds me of women I have known who will do anything to be married regardless of how bad their husband is willing to make them look.  

• Love 9

I had no idea Alaska was gonna be on this! For those who are unfamiliar, Alaska Thunderfuck competed on season 5 of RuPaul's Drag Race (placing top 3), and WON RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars season 2 just a few months ago (not sure when they taped this, but they may have taped AllStars before they taped this show...it was taped about a year and a half ago). She is a big deal right now. An incredible "get" for Carson's project. She's a pretty edgy queen, so I guess they could have found a less severe drag queen for their photo if they'd wanted one, but they wanted to take a risk and it paid off. And they got a really famous queen on there, too.

• Love 3