Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: The Patriot

• Start Topic

Latern7 Said:

So Skesy wouldn't be considered an American citizen that can fill the vice-presidency? Okay  . . . what about Melinda May? She'd be the scariest veep ever. Even scarier than that guy. And I'd dig her for that.

Some people in that crowd did carry signs saying they want Daisy and Mace to run for president and VP (with her as VP). Okay, now if the same rules for who can and can't run for US President and VP are to assume the same as the rule found her, Daisy being born in China would be, IMO, moot since she wouldn' even be able to meet the age qualifications for being VP (it's the same age as the president, which is 35 years of age). If Daisy was really born in 1988, then she would only be 32 in 2020- so she will be 3 years too young to be even legally on the ballot. 

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articleii

Now, the issue of what it is meant to be a "natural born citizen" and also resided in the US for at least 14 consecutive years (and btw, this phrase is actually found in the Constitution and also applies to the VP- basically both the VP and president qualifications are the same) since some have argued that it literally means being born in the US. Although, I do believe that if you are born on a military base, embassy, and/or US ship then you are also considered to be a US natural born citizen (meaning your citizenship of the US is given to you at birth). Now, I have heard a law stating if you are married to a foreigner and have a child, overseas, then by legal definition  (and through this law) your child can be given US citizenship as well (although it gets sticky once you start to run for US president- IMO, Ted Cruz who was born in Canada to a US citizen mother and a Cuban citizen father can tell you- people can still question if you have met or not met the legal requirement of running for president)

Wait...so why was there even a birther issue? Obama's mom was a US citizen.

Just now, TVSpectator said:

Do you really want to get my actual opinion, or do you want me dance around the issue?

It was a bit of a rhetorical question, just adds one more layer to my incredulity at an entire segment of the US population.

I am thinking fake-May will end up teaming up with real-May.  Fake-May is actually doing what real-May did when she was "infected" by the ghosts, she hid the issues from everyone and tried to deal with it on her own.  Fake-May is probably trying to process how to process her discovery and how to make the most of an un-enviable situation.  IIRC, Aida's personality construct started from scratch, while Fake-May contains a lot of May's personal information and personality traits, and one trait of real-May, loyalty to Coulson and SHIELD.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, HawaiiTVGuy said:

It was a bit of a rhetorical question, just adds one more layer to my incredulity at an entire segment of the US population.

I am thinking fake-May will end up teaming up with real-May.  Fake-May is actually doing what real-May did when she was "infected" by the ghosts, she hid the issues from everyone and tried to deal with it on her own.  Fake-May is probably trying to process how to process her discovery and how to make the most of an un-enviable situation.  IIRC, Aida's personality construct started from scratch, while Fake-May contains a lot of May's personal information and personality traits, and one trait of real-May, loyalty to Coulson and SHIELD.

Yeah, well I will tell you that Obama was born in Hawaii so yeah, he is a natural born citizen. 

As with Real May/LMD May I think that my biggest issue is the budding romance between LMD May and Coulson. It's basically so out of character for her, that I am not sure why Coulson hasn't seen through the wool and realize that LMD May is in fact (another) an imposter.

43 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

Yeah, well I will tell you that Obama was born in Hawaii so yeah, he is a natural born citizen. 

As with Real May/LMD May I think that my biggest issue is the budding romance between LMD May and Coulson. It's basically so out of character for her, that I am not sure why Coulson hasn't seen through the wool and realize that LMD May is in fact (another) an imposter.

I think he suspects...thus his long gaze when he recovered the Darkhold from Aida's decapitated body.

On 1/20/2017 at 3:15 PM, Tarasme said:

"I am a leaf on the wind..."

I've heard of this quote... not from my universe, though.

On 1/21/2017 at 2:56 PM, TVSpectator said:

Roxxon is everywhere in the Marvel universe. I was just surprised that they didn't reference/named dropped them earlier in AOS.

"Roxxon, you don't have to sell your oil through the night... Roxxxxxonnn!"

• Love 1