Type keyword(s) to search

Most Cliched TV (& Movie) Phrases

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:30 PM, HunterHunted said:

Although there was Jade's variation - "This is not America's Next Top Best Friend" - which I enjoyed immensely.

1 hour ago, selkie said:

Female reality show contestant- "I'm only here for my kids."

To be fair, we've heard this from a multitude of male reality show contestants too.

Well, on Big Brother it's "Without getting blood on my hands" or some variant including the "blood on my hands" part. Geez, I get so sick of hearing that one ! This season, "My ride or die " was said a lot, also. I get what it means, I just think it sounds dumb as hell.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Popples said:

"It can't get any worse!"

Inevitably, it does.

That one is right up there with "What else can possibly go wrong today?"  I learned the hard way a long time ago that the answer to that question is "Trust me, you don't want to know!"

• Love 4

It has gotten a little better but it still drives me crazy every time they after the bad guy is stopped the good guy will turn to the victim who has been kidnapped/abused/hurt/etc. and ask if their okay. The victim answers yes. Its even better when the victim goes home with his or her parents/spouse happily as if everything's fixed now etc. instead of heading to hospital, collecting any evidence that's on them and documenting bruises to insure if the bad guy is still alive there's enough evidence to keep him or in jail or get convicted for crimes against the victim, and the victim breaking down for what happnened to them. No one mentions therapists or a long road the victim will be on.   

• Love 1