Type keyword(s) to search

The Gang Makes You Laugh Your Ass Off : Favorite "Sunny" Moments/Episodes

• Start Topic

I pretty much want to like all of these comments. Hard to choose favorite moments from this show!

An early ep I loved was the prom one, I love how into the high school gossip Charlie got. And how pissed Mac was that he didn't get invited to prom.

I freaking die every time he says "Classic Tammy" in that episode.  I love that in the early seasons, it was kind of a recurring theme that Charlie related best to high school kids.  

• Love 3

My favorite is easily the first one I ever saw, "Charlie got Molested." Between Mac trying to seduce Mr. Belding,  the depravity of the Mcpoyles and that horrifying intervention that was a top notch episode.

Second place goes to lethal weapon 5 because, duh...

My favorite scene not in those two episodes is the meth lab sex scene. Seriously, how the hell did they get that past the censors?

• Love 3

My favorite is easily the first one I ever saw, "Charlie got Molested." Between Mac trying to seduce Mr. Belding,  the depravity of the Mcpoyles and that horrifying intervention that was a top notch episode.

Second place goes to lethal weapon 5 because, duh...

My favorite scene not in those two episodes is the meth lab sex scene. Seriously, how the hell did they get that past the censors?

That entire episode is easily within my top-5 favorite episodes of the series.  Even if we never saw the movie, the dialogue in the first half of the episode is hysterical:

"I don't have time for your shit you dumbass dickbags! (turns to faculty) Wrong number"

"Well, go hang out with your insane clown friends then!"

"I recently started mentoring one of the kids here"

"Really?  That weird, because you're a janitor"

"Yeah, see, my friend here is a juggler"

"Juggalo!"

"See, James Earl Jones is doing a great black face!" 

"James Earl Jones HAS a black face!  He is a black man!"

And then you get to the actual film, and it's just non-stop laughs from there.  My favorite part is that instead of the kids thinking it was stupid, they got really into it.

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 2

I love the scene when Dee and Dennis' mom dies and they meet the lawyer about the will.  I think this is the first time the lawyer was introduced as a character.  They start yelling at him about it and he keeps telling them HE is not doing any of this, its all her.  They tell him to pass messages to their dead mom

The best though is their mom telling Dee she was a "mistake", even though she and Dennis are twins. 

Aslo just in general, I am amazed how in season one they took the bar seriously, many times actually mentioning someone has to be there to watch the bar or work there.  Then as the seasons progress they just dropped that whole idea and openly don't care.

Edited by DrSpaceman
  • Love 4

My favorites are Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare, The Gang Buys a Boat, and Mac Day, off the top of my head. I also like the one where they sneak into the house and Mac goes "I AM A SVEDISH PLUMBER!"

The scene with Charlie's dating profile never fails to crack my shit up. The picture ("Was that sexy?"), the insane answers (Charlie Day's face and the way he says "ghouls" is amazing), Dennis and Mac's reactions to his insane answers ("JESUS CHRIST"). Perfect, start to finish. That scene also has the classic line, "Let me pop a quick 'H' on this box, this way we all know it's filled with hornets."

• Love 2

I'll be damned if I can find the link now, but there was a Buzzfeed post about It's Always Sunny, and as it turns out, someone made a Tinder profile using everything Charlie said in that scene, including the picture they took.  I would swipe right in a second if I saw that.

So many great gut-busters mentioned so far; a couple more I'd like to add:

The Gang Cracks The Liberty Bell -  When Charlie suggests they take Cricket's pulse to see if he's OK after Frank accidentally blows his head off with a rifle, the way Dee screams "HE DOESN'T HAVE A HEAD!!" kills me every time.

Manhunters -  Charlie and Dee in the morgue trying to convince themselves they're not racist because they'd rather eat the white guy than the black guy.

The Aluminum Monster vs. Fatty Magoo -  Dennis, having totally lost it by the end of the episode, models his dress himself, complete with badly applied lipstick.

• Love 1

I tried the pilot years ago, and I don't remember anything about it.  I didn't continue watching, so I must not have liked it that much. But I have increasingly become curious about it in the years since then.

What episode would you recommend a newbie try to give it a fair audition? So maybe not your favorite episode, necessarily, but one that typifies what is great about the show.

As I said on another thread, Comedy Central is running episodes three at a time in the late morning. I was stuck at home yesterday, and I watched "The Gang Finds A Dead Body." Dee tries and fails to deal with old people, Dennis and Mac compete for the affections of the deceased's granddaughter, and Charlie unearths the Nazi gear of Dennis and Dee's pop-pop.

15 hours ago, SlackerInc said:

I tried the pilot years ago, and I don't remember anything about it.  I didn't continue watching, so I must not have liked it that much. But I have increasingly become curious about it in the years since then.

What episode would you recommend a newbie try to give it a fair audition? So maybe not your favorite episode, necessarily, but one that typifies what is great about the show.

Hundred-Dollar Baby. S02E05. There's some really great character-driven comedy in it. It's a fairly common approach to episode development in that they have a theme and each reacts to it in their own way.  And it's far enough in that Dannie DeVito has joined the cast yet isn't depending on callbacks that a new viewer wouldn't know.

I can't guarantee the show is for everyone, but watching that episode should give you a good idea if it is or not.

• Love 1

I really, really hated this show for the longest time and I wish I could remember which episode pulled me in.  I think it was gradual in that I watched half an episode, got disgusted and turned it off, and then the next one I watched for 3/4, etc.  It might have been "Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare" although I don't know for sure, but it was right around there in Season 2.  Of course now I'm completely addicted.

• Love 1

"The Gang Finds a Dead Guy" was the one that hooked me. "Charlie Gets Crippled" and "Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare" sealed it. Funny, because I remember a friend saying "I don't like it so much since DeVito joined the cast...now it's all wacky schemes." Now, of course, he loves it because it *is* all wacky schemes.

• Love 1

Saw "The Gang Gives Back" on DVR. I think it fits under the category of "The Gang Ruins Everything They Touch." When you have a full-contact basketball game between children, with the Gang coaching opposing teams and a drunken Charlie playing referee, there are no winners. Well, except for Chris. He got a bike because Frank wanted to throw the game.

ETA: There's no denouement at the bar. Just a lot of hurt kids, bruised egos, and dudes smoking and gambling on the bench.

• Love 1

Been watching the older stuff on DVR. SO much awful/good stuff. I firmly believe this show was the next logical step after Seinfeld . . . putting four characters more fucked up than Jerry and friends, and letting them run loose in a city more renowned for its hostility than New York. And the second season? "They're not getting it. Okay, bring in DeVito!!!"

Saw the one where Frank finds out he's not a father. Comedy Central edited out the "Jesus" stuff (which I found on YouTube), but it was still hilarious. "My life is a lie! My life! IS A LIE! Somebody's gotta get stabbed!!!" And this comes after he asks people eating if they banged his "whore wife."

Watching the reruns on DVR. Got to "The World Series Defense." Had a bad moment when I realized that Mac was writing his love fan letter to Chase Utley. The episode was aired in 2009, six years before he would join the Dodgers and break Ruben Tejada's leg in the Divisional Series, propelling him to the top of a lot of Mets fans' shit list. And Mac may have wanted to bang him, or get banged by him. I did like Dee's horror in reading it out loud.

Question: when did She-Who-Is-Known-As-The-Waitress bang Frank? Alcohol had to have been involved. I mean, I get Mac. I get the attraction to Dennis. But Frank?!?

12 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Question: when did She-Who-Is-Known-As-The-Waitress bang Frank? Alcohol had to have been involved. I mean, I get Mac. I get the attraction to Dennis. But Frank?!?

Season 2 I believe it was "Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom" S02E04

Cool. Luckily, Comedy Central will loop back to the beginning, so I can catch what I didn't record.

Saw "Who Got Dee Pregnant?" today. Now: what do you think made Dennis vomit the most?

• He thought that he banged Dee, his twin sister
  • He thought that she mistook him for Charlie
  • He thought that she was the one taking advantage of him while thinking he was Charlie (not unlike the Rick Moranis-looking librarian, if you think about it)
  • He thought he banged a woman that would never measure up to his impossibly high standards.

I know, probably #1. Good episode all around. Mac being deluded never gets old.

I love just about every episode of this show and have watched them over and over. But the one that I think I have to say is my favorite is Frank's Little Beauties when he accidentally invests in the child beauty pageant. So creepy that Frank busted up his face and goes to the mortician for makeup. "Where did you think I was gonna go? The makeup counter at Macy's??" And Dennis and Mac spicing up the little boy's Yankee Doodle routine as well as Dee's background in pageants despite her mother saying she wasn't pretty enough. Love that episode!

• Love 1

I was rewatching the older episodes, not my favorite ones but still good, and this scene has me laughing from The Gang Solves the North Korea Crisis.  Dee sleeps with the gross chef to get the "recipe" for the other bar's beer.  He writes it down, she brings it back to the bar and the 12 year old Korean girl reads :

"Bony American is dirty, dirty whore"

That by itself is funny enough, but then the 12 year old girl looks at Dee after the others walk away

"you whore?"  ANd she just shakes her head. 

• Love 1

Super late to the party here. Just started watching from the beginning last week. Loving it! Funniest part so far, Season 3 ep 2 ... Frank high and thinks he is trapped in the McPoyles camper bathroom, but really just in a trash can. When they revealed that part I laughed so hard.  It was an awesome scene all around, from that and Charlie as the green man and then Frank thinking he is a lizard.  And Charlie is scared of Lizards.  Hilarious. I watched it a few times.  

Also, Season one, Dennis yelling and doing a funny dance saying " everyone, everyone grab a weapon!" That was my favorite. 

• Love 3

The Gang Wrestles for the Troops:

Cricket hits Dee across the face with a folding chair and Artemis yells  "yeah bitch!"

Frank as the referee:  "I didn't see nuthin'"

The Gang Breaks Dee:

"It's a laaaandslide!"

Also the episode where Charlie becomes a janitor at the school:  Charlie says something like he's going to give waxing the school  floors "his best shot" and that as for being a   friend to Dee, "I'm going to give that my best shot too."   That's when I realized I really liked Charlie's character and his willingness to give it his best shot is a great way to live.

Edited by Floatingbison
  • Love 1