Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Oh Captain, My Captain

In order to stop the rise of Capt. Renard, Nick devises a plan that will take him out of his element. Adalind and Monroe do everything in their power to keep the plan on track. Meanwhile, Eve and Rosalee race against time to get the spell ready before it is too late.

They just can't stop with the schmoopy "where we first ...." with Nick and Adalind can we.   God bless Renard for his exasperated " ah, You can have her."  

Of course no one bothers to check what effect the spell has on a Grimm before, you know, giving it to a Grimm.   Too busy standing there stirring and watching the stirring to do that.     Even after they acknowledged how bad things went the last time someone smoked the hat.    Which was "totally not her fault."  Yeah being Hexened was not her fault.   But everything after that was HER CHOICE.   Including burning down the Grimmebago.  

If Diana shoves Julieve really hard will that unhexen her?   

• Love 8
22 hours ago, merylinkid said:

They just can't stop with the schmoopy "where we first ...." with Nick and Adalind can we.   God bless Renard for his exasperated " ah, You can have her."  

Of course no one bothers to check what effect the spell has on a Grimm before, you know, giving it to a Grimm.   Too busy standing there stirring and watching the stirring to do that.     Even after they acknowledged how bad things went the last time someone smoked the hat.    Which was "totally not her fault."  Yeah being Hexened was not her fault.   But everything after that was HER CHOICE.   Including burning down the Grimmebago.  

If Diana shoves Julieve really hard will that unhexen her?   

Preach!

Sasha Roiz did excellent work in this episode and I see why he wanted Renard to be the big bad.  However, what a complete load of BS with the contrived nemesis crap between the Captain and Nick.   I think it is very obvious that Renard/Adalind and Nick/Juliette will end up together by the time the show ends in ten weeks time.  Boo.

It's one thing if Nick, Hank and Wu were all in on Renard running a huge con in order to bring down BC, but the resolution was also contrived crap.  

Diana can juggle those grenades at any time!

• Love 5

Diana zapped the Zauberbiest right the hell out of Nick.

'Eh, take her.'  I laughed way too hard at that long for way too long.

Adalind disappointed me with her lack of believable scheming and manipulating of Sean. Girl, Nick and babies have made you soft.

Meisner haunting Sean is great. I hope Damien got a nice raise since the way he was dumped last season was cold. 

Julieve is kinda getting on my nerves with her impatient stoic badass, she knows best, cool as a cucumber attitude. She did the same spell to Nick that was done to her and screwed up her life and then was useless when as usual an unforeseen consequence happened. 

Sasha Roiz deserved double role pay and double hazard pay. And he did a bang up job as Nick playing Sean. It was too cute.

• Love 8

SR was wonderful and how I wish the show had not killed off the King.  Instead of this BC and HW mess, give me wesen of the week and fairytales, along with side stories for Renard as he deals with his Father/Resistance people.  Renard wears a wedding band and we have no clue to the backstory of his previous marriage and where Mia fit in the picture.  

Oh!  Yes, it was nice seeing Meisner and I hope DP is here until the end!

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 6

I liked SR, it was nice to see him play funny, not so dry in his deliveries.

Diana is NOT happy about Nick/Adiland. Wonder how crazy she'll go?

I liked that they seemed to tie Wu's anger issues and Blood lust to his werewolf thing. 

Other than that I thought the plot of going back to same old same old was a bit weak. Yes, it solved several issues but, still plodding along with Wesen of the Week just seems dumb at this point.

I also found the acting or possibly the directing/editing to be off. It was really noticeable at the start of the episode.

• Love 3

Probably the best or at least the most fun episode so far this season, due to the whole Nick pretending to be Renard thing.  Sasha Roiz was having a blast playing that version and I liked that he incorporated some of Nick mannerisms into it.  I actually wonder if David Giuntoli directing this one helped on that end and gave Sasha a few ideas.  But the resolution was underwhelming.  Basically, Nick makes it look like Renard has resigned as mayor, and they call a true, as long as Renard lets Nick (and Hank/Wu) back onto the force, frees Adalind, and not harm any of them?  Considering everything he did, I would think Nick would have asked for a lot more.

Also, what was the whole point of Nick not being able to turn back, until Diana somehow shocked him back into regular form?  We've already have seen that Diana has nutty powers.  This is nothing new.

I'm guessing this isn't the last of Grossante.

I swear, Adalind use to be pretty crafty, but she seems to becoming broader and more dumb as the show has progressed.  I get that Claire Coffee has good comedic timing, but sometimes, less is more.  Adalind doesn't have to be always playing to the back of theater.

This is so going to become a love triangle, and Nick will go back to the Juliette.  The power of being a real-life couple is too powerful!

Monroe and Rosalee where their normal awesome selves.

I get your hatred, Wu, but you really do need to be careful.  Hank can't always be there to stop you from flying off the handle.

Meisner!!!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I also found the acting or possibly the directing/editing to be off. It was really noticeable at the start of the episode.

This was David Giuntoli's directing debut- hence Nick turning into Renard for most of the episode so DG could direct. I think the script allowed for more absurdity/lightness that the actors got to play it less serious under DG; but yeah he may have had a few growing pains.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

This was David Giuntoli's directing debut- hence Nick turning into Renard for most of the episode so DG could direct. I think the script allowed for more absurdity/lightness that the actors got to play it less serious under DG; but yeah he may have had a few growing pains.

Ah, that might explain it. Kind of funny, one of the things that really seemed off was the Nick/Adiland phone call, the way Nick turned around and delivered his lines. Just seemed really off.

• Love 1

Oh and yeah, last week Rosalee can find the death grip info in like 5 seconds.    This week she all hysterical and all over the place, unable to find out if the smokin hat spell affects Grimms in the few seconds before Nick strips (okay the getting nekkid part I liked)

• Love 2

I liked this episode, it was funny. Sasha Roiz did a great job playing Nick.

In the future if there is a problem they should just ask Diana to use her awesome powers to fix it. Maybe if she zaps Eve hard enough she will turn into Juliette again. 

• Love 5

I have to give Sasha Roiz his due during this episode, he did a great job playing Nick playing Sean. I agree that he definitely incorporated some of Nick's mannerisms initially and I liked the sequence where they told him to be more "Renardy". This episode was a nice showcase of his skills. Glad Wu and Hank have their jobs back and he has no choice with Nick. I did chuckle when that reporter asked about the different tie. 

I did think some of the acting was off, Adalind going all goofy to keep Sean at home could have been played with a lot more subtlety and less "HA".   I need my crafty and sneaky Adalind back.  Also as soon as they said Nick was stuck as Sean I knew somehow Diana would come into play and get Nick back to himself. Speaking of Diana I assume the Kelly flashback had to do with making the audience realize that Diana is still malleable.  She can either go for good or evil, although based on what she has done so far she is quite leaning towards the dark side. She definitely wasn't happy with the Nick/Adalind hug.  Congratulations to David on his directorial debut, but I did think it was a bit awkward to call back to "hey remember when we were fighting in the woods and I kissed you and you bit me " as a first kiss. 

I guess Juliette is peeking through "Eve"

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Love 2

I shallowly hoped that Nick would burst out of his underwear when changing in to Renard - as was stated that Renard was larger.

Sasha Roiz did a good job playing Nick. See how the other half lives.  Nick's plan was quite well executed - getting himself off the hook as well as Hank and Wu.The con worked well, to a point. Adalind should have called Julieve to let her know that Real Renard was wearing a red tie.

Diana is starting to remind me of the little girl from Poltergeist.

Always enjoy Rosalee and Monroe, but they should be more than 'let's see what we can find in the book' types.

• Love 3

I thought this was a pretty bad episode. However by the end, I was just relieved that neither Renards had sex with the ever fertile Adalind. I still shake my head that the writers have no awareness of how tacky it is that Adalind has a child with both of these men. I am just glad that she doesn't have a child with Roger also. Lucky him.

Edited by SimoneS

Status quo. I'm glad we had all of that nonsense (Black Claw, Hadrian's Wall, the mayoral election, and manhunt) to get back to the status quo. Knowing that they had no more seasons to go, they decided to waste time on garbage to basically get Nick and Renard back to season 1. The writing decisions on this show are perplexing.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I shallowly hoped that Nick would burst out of his underwear when changing in to Renard - as was stated that Renard was larger.

Personally, I wondered if he was larger all over. It seems to me that would be one of the first things to check :-)

So was that it for the Renard vs Nick plot? They just declared a stalemate & it's over?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Sasha Roiz did a good job playing Nick. See how the other half lives.  Nick's plan was quite well executed - getting himself off the hook as well as Hank and Wu.The con worked well, to a point. Adalind should have called Julieve to let her know that Real Renard was wearing a red tie.

Diana is starting to remind me of the little girl from Poltergeist.

Always enjoy Rosalee and Monroe, but they should be more than 'let's see what we can find in the book' types.

LOL.  Yeah, that comment was hilarious!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GaT said:

Personally, I wondered if he was larger all over. It seems to me that would be one of the first things to check :-)

So was that it for the Renard vs Nick plot? They just declared a stalemate & it's over?

I can't believe they did this, made it a life-or-death battle between Nick and Renard in the last episodes, then pfffft.  They won't kill each other, they have their old jobs back, Adalind is what?  The door prize?  The Bonaparte ring spell where something terrible will happen to the children if Adalind takes it off is just no longer a thing?  I will actually be glad to see the wesen of the week again, but what the hell was all this nonsense?  The only things I am faintly curious about are how Meisner plays in, and how Adalind will stop Diana from killing Nick.  Mama Kelly warned about her possibilities, and Diana will be spending time with Renard who is not a force for good.  His power lust is still there and he moves enemies out of the way lickety split. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I thought this was a pretty bad episode. However by the end, I was just relieved that neither Renards had sex with the ever fertile Adalind. I still shake my head that the writers have no awareness of how tacky it is that Adalind has a child with both of these men. I am just glad that she doesn't have a child with Roger also. Lucky him.

Yes, it is tacky for Adalind to have kids with Renard and Nick, but the writers were clearly going with the soap opera aspect which really should NOT be a part of this show. There was way too much rape, WTD (Eric, Renard or Nick) when it comes to Diana and Kelly Jr., sleazy sex and switching bodies.

A few observations.

Where is the Police Chief with an entire precinct wiped out?!

Where is the FBI and are they going to investigate the deaths of the previous Mayoral candidate and his campaign manager that was sleeping with Renard?  I would think the FBI would want to review the tape where the Mayoral candidate was killed and Rachel threw herself into Renard's arms.  

If Rachel's co-worker went to her home and saw Renard leaving the premises, why didn't he call it into the police at the time?  Why didn't the co-worker look at Rachel's mummy encased body and wonder how in the hell she was killed?!

Is the FBI still investigating a missing Agent Chavez?

Why IS uber special snowflake Diana still a thing on this show?

14 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

I can't believe they did this, made it a life-or-death battle between Nick and Renard in the last episodes, then pfffft.  They won't kill each other, they have their old jobs back, Adalind is what?  The door prize?  The Bonaparte ring spell where something terrible will happen to the children if Adalind takes it off is just no longer a thing?  I will actually be glad to see the wesen of the week again, but what the hell was all this nonsense?  The only things I am faintly curious about are how Meisner plays in, and how Adalind will stop Diana from killing Nick.  Mama Kelly warned about her possibilities, and Diana will be spending time with Renard who is not a force for good.  His power lust is still there and he moves enemies out of the way lickety split. 

Honestly, I think the writers/NBC should have turned Grimm over to someone that cared about its future and wrote cohesive stories.    L&O:SVU is on the same network(!) and still maintains its original format from 1999 with very few yearly episodes on the characters personal lives.  It took Benson almost fifteen years to become a mother via adoption on this show and they chose not to write in Mariska's pregnancy.  However, I was annoyed when they wrote in Kelli's pregnancy on the heels of Benson becoming a first time mother.  At least we are seeing the struggles of a police officer working sex crimes and being a mother.  

Bottom line for me, Grimm should have stayed with their original wesen of the week and fairytale format, and followed L&O:SVU's occasional look into the character's personal lives.  

• Love 4

I was just shaking my head over all the blatant grasping at straws as to why Nick was stuck as Renard. Maybe it's something in his DNA! Seriously? That's your explanation from the resident geneticist? I'm kind of willing to go with him being a Grimm, but hey now we'll never have to wonder what actually caused it or how to really fix it because Diana solved that problem!

Adalind is such a dummy. She knows that Diana killed Renard's girlfriend. She knows that Diana wants mommy and daddy to be together. But she thinks it's okay to run over and basically lie on top of Nick in front of Diana, who just saw Nick pretending to be Renard?

Nick as Renard trying to have a conversation with the wesen lieutenant was great.

• Love 3

Adalind is such a twit.  Diana might not just be developing hard feelings against Nick, but Mommy as well.  Having Adalind be all sweetness and light is really a wrong turn. 

Another stupid thing was Eve in the tunnel just blurting out to Nick, 'you love Adalind, I can feel it.'  Apropos of nothing. 

2 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

Adalind is such a twit.  Diana might not just be developing hard feelings against Nick, but Mommy as well.  Having Adalind be all sweetness and light is really a wrong turn. 

Another stupid thing was Eve in the tunnel just blurting out to Nick, 'you love Adalind, I can feel it.'  Apropos of nothing. 

Juliette,"Nick, you're in love with the woman that trashed our lives?  WTF is wrong with you?  By the way, I screwed Renard in his bed two seconds after ending our relationship, burned down your families historical Grimm books and set up your mother to be beheaded by the Royal's!  Have a nice life!"

Nick,"I guess this means you're not open to a threesome with Adalind?"

........ If only!

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 2

Can someone clarify something for me, they said Evenard slept with Rachel in this episode but I thought they didn't do the deed due too equipment malfunction??

Also can Nick potentially develop Zauberbeist characteristics because of the hat like what happened to Juliette? They did say that this has never been done to a grimm before, I did think it was not the smartest idea to go ahead with the hat trick without finding out all the possibilities first. 

Also Adalind could have chosen to ask Nick a question about Kelly..

There are worse things than having to look like Sean Renard for the rest of your life.

As an episode I thought this one really worked. As part of the ongoing narrative, not so much. But I'm used to this show not making much sense big-picture wise. I was grateful for the humor this one brought, along with the acting tour de force of Sasha Roiz. "Act more  . . . Renard-y" indeed. I loved how he made Hank jump and how Hank recoiled when he reached out to him.

Yeah, there were some problems: Adaland was way too obvious trying to keep Renard at home with her, he should have instantly realized something was going on. And the way Monroe was obsessing over which tie to pick seemed more like how Bud would have acted. But overall the switcheroo was entertaining as hell.

It seems to me someone should have pointed out that since this spell turned Juliette into a Hexenbiest, it's just as likely it will turn Nick into a Zauberbiest. 

I just wish they had the guts to really  do something more definitive like killing off Renard. Pushing the reset button is really lame.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 4

I honestly don't get Nick/Adalind at all. I see no chemistry, and I don't believe the characters are in love one bit. It just doesn't ring true. I actually think they had WAY more chemistry when Adalind was a baddie.

I really wish the show had stuck to case of the week/wesen/fairy tale stuff instead of an overarching conspiracy thing. I think that sucked a lot of fun out of the show. I also think they really could have done some amazing stuff with Juliette dying about a season sooner and not being Eve'd. I was pissed Aunt Marie's warning about Juliette getting caught in the crossfire and he had to leave her in the first few episodes came to nothing. And we get to see so few new wesen and learn about them because we're stuck with this bullshit mayor/HW/Black Claw stuff.

Add in magical kids/babies and it just went so far off the tracks, and it makes me SO ANGRY because the concept of the show was so good the first few seasons.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Adalind should have called Julieve to let her know that Real Renard was wearing a red tie.

Monroe took both a red and blue tie because he couldn't choose, and Adalind knew that. By the time Renard had dressed again, and she saw he'd put on a red tie, she had no opportunity to sneak a call to the gang to tell them to have Nick wear the blue tie because she was busy stalling Renard from leaving the house. (And it was probably too late in any case anyway.)

I agree this show has always been better with a Wesen of the Week format, and it seems like now that the Renard plot has been wrapped up (as stupidly as I'd expect) we'll probably get back to that. Usually I don't watch procedurals for the CoTW, I watch for other things and am therefore happy when the focus is more on those other things than the CoTW, but this show's writers are just godawful at any overarching plot or mythology. The ever-rotating Royals...the keys...the stick...the twin shadowy organizations whose names I can't even remember (Black Watch? Hidden Watch? Whatever) that Eve Trubel Bonaparte etc. belong to...they have all sucked.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

It seems to me someone should have pointed out that since this spell turned Juliette into a Hexenbiest, it's just as likely it will turn Nick into a Zauberbiest. 

It made me think, quien es mas macho, a zauerbiest or a Grimm? (dating myself)  But we found out, it's a draw.  Although I guess we've known that for awhile, they have squared off before, haven't they?

I'm not that adept at the ins and outs of directing...but the fight was actually the first one that I can remember that I could actually SEE and follow. So, good job David.

When Renard said "I'm not gonna pay.." I said "you are" before he did. How corny.

i called it from the beginning that Snowflake would turn Nick back. And that she'd know he wasn't her dad.

Diana trying to stall Renard was the worst part of the episode. 

Sasha owned the episode ! 

12 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

Can someone clarify something for me, they said Evenard slept with Rachel in this episode but I thought they didn't do the deed due too equipment malfunction??

Also can Nick potentially develop Zauberbeist characteristics because of the hat like what happened to Juliette? They did say that this has never been done to a grimm before, I did think it was not the smartest idea to go ahead with the hat trick without finding out all the possibilities first. 

Also Adalind could have chosen to ask Nick a question about Kelly..

Yes, Eve had sex with Rachel as Renard.  Rachel told Renard that his performance in bed was better than it was earlier and he just sort of rolled his eyes.  Renard is a cop and I thought for sure he would ask what the hell Rachel was talking about, but noooooooooo.  This is the episode where Renard was manipulating Rachel about not having a family that she would turn over Diana.

12 hours ago, arieswriting said:

I honestly don't get Nick/Adalind at all. I see no chemistry, and I don't believe the characters are in love one bit. It just doesn't ring true. I actually think they had WAY more chemistry when Adalind was a baddie.

I really wish the show had stuck to case of the week/wesen/fairy tale stuff instead of an overarching conspiracy thing. I think that sucked a lot of fun out of the show. I also think they really could have done some amazing stuff with Juliette dying about a season sooner and not being Eve'd. I was pissed Aunt Marie's warning about Juliette getting caught in the crossfire and he had to leave her in the first few episodes came to nothing. And we get to see so few new wesen and learn about them because we're stuck with this bullshit mayor/HW/Black Claw stuff.

Add in magical kids/babies and it just went so far off the tracks, and it makes me SO ANGRY because the concept of the show was so good the first few seasons.

Juliette should have died at the end of s4 and NOT Momma Kelly.  

The wesen/fairytale aspect of the show is what I will miss.

10 hours ago, neuromom said:

I'm not that adept at the ins and outs of directing...but the fight was actually the first one that I can remember that I could actually SEE and follow. So, good job David.

When Renard said "I'm not gonna pay.." I said "you are" before he did. How corny.

i called it from the beginning that Snowflake would turn Nick back. And that she'd know he wasn't her dad.

Diana trying to stall Renard was the worst part of the episode. 

Sasha owned the episode ! 

Yeah, SR was awesome and now I know why he wanted his character as the bad guy.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Yeah, SR was awesome and now I know why he wanted his character as the bad guy.

Too bad Renard is neutered again, back to the office and the phone.  Really wasted that whole mayor/Black Claw/world domination thing.  Stupid as it was.

• Love 2

Adalind should be trying to get Diana's abilities mapped and channeled. Just cowering and wishing they'd go away is ridiculous. Also, Diana needs to see that her daddy is hurting her mommy. And why doesn't she have any residual affection for (or training by) Nick's mom, who took care of her and said she was going to teach her, when they were on the run? Nick could talk to her about his mom, if Adalind is too stupid to do it. It's really amazing how ridiculous they are all acting.

Maybe Hank should have morphed into Sean's body, since he's the only one left in the group who's not supernatural at all. Or they could have sent Wu along to wolf-out and help rip Sean to shreds on the rooftop. Nick going alone and proposing a reset was bizarre.

Adalind doesn't know about the stick, does she? I think it's interesting that they haven't told her, despite supposedly trusting her and Nick being in wuv. I was waiting for them to try de-Seaning Nick with the stick, until Diana showed up. Then I thought they'd ASK Diana to try un-spelling Nick, but nope. The kid had to step in on her own.

Ugh.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

Adalind should be trying to get Diana's abilities mapped and channeled. Just cowering and wishing they'd go away is ridiculous. Also, Diana needs to see that her daddy is hurting her mommy. And why doesn't she have any residual affection for (or training by) Nick's mom, who took care of her and said she was going to teach her, when they were on the run? Nick could talk to her about his mom, if Adalind is too stupid to do it. It's really amazing how ridiculous they are all acting.

Maybe Hank should have morphed into Sean's body, since he's the only one left in the group who's not supernatural at all. Or they could have sent Wu along to wolf-out and help rip Sean to shreds on the rooftop. Nick going alone and proposing a reset was bizarre.

Adalind doesn't know about the stick, does she? I think it's interesting that they haven't told her, despite supposedly trusting her and Nick being in wuv. I was waiting for them to try de-Seaning Nick with the stick, until Diana showed up. Then I thought they'd ASK Diana to try un-spelling Nick, but nope. The kid had to step in on her own.

Ugh.

I assume she know about the stick, I mean she knows about the cloth and the symbols so I just assumed they told her about the stick although it was a never shown. 

Yeah someone needs too start parenting Diana, she won't know right from wrong and  if no one ever tells her. She has been sheltered and probably thinks this is normal. 

Actually I was wondering what they were going do with her when Adalind eventually goes back to work, I don't see her in a regular school so.....

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Love 1

I'm glad they wrapped it up -- only the stupid stick and Meisner to go!

Definitely one of their better episodes.  SR acts rings around CC who acts rings around everyone else.

Just now, Darklazr said:

I think it is very obvious that Renard/Adalind and Nick/Juliette will end up together by the time the show ends in ten weeks time. 

It would be funny if Renard wound up with Julieve and Nick wound up with Adalind.

Just now, thuganomics85 said:

I'm guessing this isn't the last of Grossante.

Almost certainly not, although I expect him to be gone by the end of the next episode.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

Too bad Renard is neutered again, back to the office and the phone.  Really wasted that whole mayor/Black Claw/world domination thing.  Stupid as it was.

It was dumb, AF.  Seriously.  It would have made more sense for Renard, Nick, Hank and Wu to be in on the con as they try and weed out BC from within the police department.  Renard could have been moving up the BC ranks until he was able to identify the two missing pictures / names that Meisner had up on the HW monitor and worked to get rid of the people that were going to control him as the new Mayor and the police department. 

4 hours ago, jhlipton said:

I'm glad they wrapped it up -- only the stupid stick and Meisner to go!

Definitely one of their better episodes.  SR acts rings around CC who acts rings around everyone else.

It would be funny if Renard wound up with Julieve and Nick wound up with Adalind.

Almost certainly not, although I expect him to be gone by the end of the next episode.

These four with their back and forth sexcapes is gross and nasty!  However, you're probably right and there is NOT enough bleach in the world to get rid of that stench.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

In the future if there is a problem they should just ask Diana to use her awesome powers to fix it. Maybe if she zaps Eve hard enough she will turn into Juliette again. 

Oh god, this is what's going to happen, isn't it?  Then Nick and Juliette will be a couple again and Diana will make Daddy "good" so Renard and Adalind can be together too.  I was feeling the vibes very strongly in this episode that Nick and Juliette will get together again, especially when Nick said, "I couldn't have done it without you" and they kept looking at each other.

Aside from that, I really enjoyed the character moments - Monroe being his usual self and telling Nick-as-Renard that he needed to be more "Renard-y," Nick-as-Renard practicing for his role by yelling at Hank about turning in his resignation (and Hank's reaction), Sasha Roiz having a ball playing Nick playing Renard, Renard being haunted by Meissner, etc.  All great.  At least we're getting some chances to see the characters and actors going out with a bang, even if the show or the story itself is going over like a lead balloon.

Adalind should be dead.  It was quite obvious that Adalind was trying to stall Renard and allow Nick to "abdicate" the mayorship.  Someone as cunning and sneaky as Renard would figure that out right away.

Why was everyone at the spice shop acting like Adalind knows everything about Hexenbiest spells and potions?  She has never seemed all that adept or knowledgeable to me.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Blue Plastic said:

Oh god, this is what's going to happen, isn't it?  Then Nick and Juliette will be a couple again and Diana will make Daddy "good" so Renard and Adalind can be together too.  I was feeling the vibes very strongly in this episode that Nick and Juliette will get together again, especially when Nick said, "I couldn't have done it without you" and they kept looking at each other.

Aside from that, I really enjoyed the character moments - Monroe being his usual self and telling Nick-as-Renard that he needed to be more "Renard-y," Nick-as-Renard practicing for his role by yelling at Hank about turning in his resignation (and Hank's reaction), Sasha Roiz having a ball playing Nick playing Renard, Renard being haunted by Meissner, etc.  All great.  At least we're getting some chances to see the characters and actors going out with a bang, even if the show or the story itself is going over like a lead balloon.

Adalind should be dead.  It was quite obvious that Adalind was trying to stall Renard and allow Nick to "abdicate" the mayorship.  Someone as cunning and sneaky as Renard would figure that out right away.

Why was everyone at the spice shop acting like Adalind knows everything about Hexenbiest spells and potions?  She has never seemed all that adept or knowledgeable to me.

She was born and raised by a hexenbiest mother, so I would think Adalind's skills are far superior than Rosalie and not JulietteEve.

• Love 4

Someone refresh my memory as to why Adalind stayed with Renard after Bonaparte died since Bonaparte's hold over her is now gone. She is a full Hexenbeist who can defend herself against a half Zauerbeist (Renard), so that wouldn't be the issue...Keep the ring on and leave.

Unpopular Opinion: I love Adalind and Diana, it's the soap opera lover in me and I hope Nick/Adalind wind up together since Nick/Juliette never had any chemistry that I saw

Edited by tricknasty
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, tricknasty said:

Someone refresh my memory as to why Adalind stayed with Renard after Bonaparte died since Bonaparte's hold over her is now gone. She is a full Hexenbeist who can defend herself against a half Zauerbeist (Renard), so that wouldn't be the issue...Keep the ring on and leave.

Unpopular Opinion: I love Adalind and Diana, it's the soap opera lover in me and I hope Nick/Adalind wind up together since Nick/Juliette never had any chemistry that I saw

Nick told Adalind she had to stay with Renard until he could clear his name, which turned out to be that silly fight on the rooftop.

• Love 2

I think Diana wanted them together.

They are still scared of revealing their magical nature to the nonwesen residents of Portland - who never catch on, on their own despite strange crime patterns in their city.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Darklazr said:

She was born and raised by a hexenbiest mother, so I would think Adalind's skills are far superior than Rosalie and not JulietteEve.

Yes, that should be the case. But the show has long portrayed her as a fairly inept Hexenbiest so I thought it was kind of funny that NOW they're treating her as the great expert.  She didn't even know about the poly juice potion until she managed to pry her mother's spell book open after her mother was already dead, as I recall. But she knows all about it and people are deferring to her in this episode.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Blue Plastic said:

Yes, that should be the case. But the show has long portrayed her as a fairly inept Hexenbiest so I thought it was kind of funny that NOW they're treating her as the great expert.  She didn't even know about the poly juice potion until she managed to pry her mother's spell book open after her mother was already dead, as I recall. But she knows all about it and people are deferring to her in this episode.

I don't think Adalind is/was an inept hexenbiest or Hank, Wu, Juliette, Renard and Nick would have never been harmed by her potions.  Just because Adalind was taught by her mother to become a hexenbiest, does not mean her mother shared all of her tricks (remember the beauty leeches scene)?!  Catherine clearly withheld pertinent information from her only child and was just as sleazy when she made passes and then slept with her daughter's boyfriend.

I would consider Adalind inept if her supposed target was never harmed or it backfired in her face, which is why Diana should have died after she fell in love with the baby and regained her powers.  Or, Adalind found out that she was sterile and could not get pregnant and had nothing of value to sell to the Royal's in order to regain her powers.

• Love 1

I honestly don't get Nick/Adalind at all. I see no chemistry, and I don't believe the characters are in love one bit.

I can "see" it in that Claire Coffee > Bitsie Tulloch. If Adalind had been Nick's girlfriend from the very start of the series I think the whole thing would have been palatable. But all the things Adalind has done to Nick, his partner, his aunt and his girlfriend through the course of the show has ruined any feasibility of this relationship. The show is utterly tone deaf when it comes to this relationship, judging by the way they keep shoving this thing down our throats. Of all the questions they could have asked Nick to prove he was Nick, they ask him where he first kissed Adalind? Why not just ask him about the stick? Obviously Renard doesn't know where it came from. But no, they have to grab yet another opportunity to remind us Nick + Adalind.

It made me think, quien es mas macho, a zauerbiest or a Grimm? (dating myself)  But we found out, it's a draw.  Although I guess we've known that for awhile, they have squared off before, haven't they?

I think it was a draw because they were both Renard, not because one was a Grimm. Nick was even able to woge (and I appreciated the fact that you could tell it was harder for him to do because he was new to it - it helped me tell which one was which). I think that was the point of Nick saying "we could do this all day" - they were evenly matched because they were both physically the same person. They did square off once before, after Renard stole the key, but they called a truce because Renard gave the key back to him.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I can "see" it in that Claire Coffee > Bitsie Tulloch. If Adalind had been Nick's girlfriend from the very start of the series I think the whole thing would have been palatable. But all the things Adalind has done to Nick, his partner, his aunt and his girlfriend through the course of the show has ruined any feasibility of this relationship. The show is utterly tone deaf when it comes to this relationship, judging by the way they keep shoving this thing down our throats. Of all the questions they could have asked Nick to prove he was Nick, they ask him where he first kissed Adalind? Why not just ask him about the stick? Obviously Renard doesn't know where it came from. But no, they have to grab yet another opportunity to remind us Nick + Adalind.

I think it was a draw because they were both Renard, not because one was a Grimm. Nick was even able to woge (and I appreciated the fact that you could tell it was harder for him to do because he was new to it - it helped me tell which one was which). I think that was the point of Nick saying "we could do this all day" - they were evenly matched because they were both physically the same person. They did square off once before, after Renard stole the key, but they called a truce because Renard gave the key back to him.

This!  I could actually see a triangle between Nick/Juliette/Renard if CC had played the character instead of ET.

57 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

It might have been a draw on the rooftop because of the physical equality, without regard to zauerbiest/Grimm, but that isn't true going forward.  That's why it's stupid to me that things are status quo ante.  Why have all this whole Black Claw, Renard wants power, is willing to have his own cops kill Nick, etc., if it's going nowhere in the end. 

7 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

It might have been a draw on the rooftop because of the physical equality, without regard to zauerbiest/Grimm, but that isn't true going forward.  That's why it's stupid to me that things are status quo ante.  Why have all this whole Black Claw, Renard wants power, is willing to have his own cops kill Nick, etc., if it's going nowhere in the end. 

I still maintain that if JulietteEve had NOT smoked the hat and turned herself into Renard#2 prior to BC turning over Diana, we probably would not see two second evil Renard.  Renard was furious that his mayoral candidate friend was killed and to find out that he had been set up to kill Marwin and Rachel was using him from the start.

Renard had shown some real growth after he turned over Marie's key and was sincere in his efforts to patch things up with Nick and Hank and that played out from s2 until the last episode in s5.  Adalind on the other hand never apologized for what she did to Hank, Juliette and Nick until recently and that has more to do with Nick being Kelly's father.

If the show is going back to wesen of the week and fairytales, they clearly figured out way TOO late that that was their bread and butter and not the junk with BC, HW, rape, rape babies and uber special hexenbiest snowflakes.

Nick is already acting funky with his magical stick and allowed himself to smoke the hat in order to turn into Renard.  Are we going to see a personality shift with Nick and Renard?  Is Renard going to become a Grimm?  Is Nick going to become a zauberbiest?  Or, will uber special snowflake Diana fix all of the shows major snafu's?!

• Love 3

So, basically, all of this crap about Renard being evil and the Dark Claw and Bonepart and all of this...has been for nothing? Seriously? Your going to totally screw over your characters and make their motivations totally nonsensical, and bore us all with these overly convoluted Black Claw Wessen Counsel rape baby shenanigans during your last season, just so we can get back to the status quo? Granted, the MoTW status quo is a million times more interesting than the rest of that ridiculousness, but what was the point? What have we been DOING this whole time? What did this accomplish?!?!

Anyway, this was better than the last few episodes, but that was mostly because Sasha is such a compelling actor. You really could tell when he was Nick and when he was Sean, even when they were in the same scene. And I guess it wasn't as boring and stupid as the last few episodes, but I was still mostly bored throughout. Even if they go back to basics next week, the damage has been done. Again, if they know the MoTW stuff is their bread and butter, why do they even both with the rest of this?

Adalind continues to be a disappointment. I really have no idea why the show runner is so in love with her. I mean, CC is a good actress and at least this week she got to be kind of funny (the weird sitcom hijinks of Adalind and Renard was almost amusing), but her inclusion in this show continues to baffle me. I wouldn't mind her becoming a Good Guy and Nicks new love interest if she hadn't done so many shitty things before (including that teeny tiny thing where she raped her future boyfriend but the show could care less about that) and has never really been called to task for it. The rest of the main characters are...fine. Most of them are as likable as ever, except for "Eve", who still makes me miss Juliette. I was never a huge Juliette fan, but it was mostly because the writers kept sticking her in dumb plots and damsel situations, I thought her character itself was fine. Not super engaging, but fine enough. Than she became evil for no reason (weird how that keeps happening), and now, I have no idea. Like Adalind, I have no idea what her purpose is here. And, I hate being that person who complains about the female characters, but I really think both Juliette and Adalind could have been good characters if the writers had been consistent with them. The perils of being the main characters love interest?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So, basically, all of this crap about Renard being evil and the Dark Claw and Bonepart and all of this...has been for nothing? Seriously? Your going to totally screw over your characters and make their motivations totally nonsensical, and bore us all with these overly convoluted Black Claw Wessen Counsel rape baby shenanigans during your last season, just so we can get back to the status quo? Granted, the MoTW status quo is a million times more interesting than the rest of that ridiculousness, but what was the point? What have we been DOING this whole time? What did this accomplish?!?!

Anyway, this was better than the last few episodes, but that was mostly because Sasha is such a compelling actor. You really could tell when he was Nick and when he was Sean, even when they were in the same scene. And I guess it wasn't as boring and stupid as the last few episodes, but I was still mostly bored throughout. Even if they go back to basics next week, the damage has been done. Again, if they know the MoTW stuff is their bread and butter, why do they even both with the rest of this?

Adalind continues to be a disappointment. I really have no idea why the show runner is so in love with her. I mean, CC is a good actress and at least this week she got to be kind of funny (the weird sitcom hijinks of Adalind and Renard was almost amusing), but her inclusion in this show continues to baffle me. I wouldn't mind her becoming a Good Guy and Nicks new love interest if she hadn't done so many shitty things before (including that teeny tiny thing where she raped her future boyfriend but the show could care less about that) and has never really been called to task for it. The rest of the main characters are...fine. Most of them are as likable as ever, except for "Eve", who still makes me miss Juliette. I was never a huge Juliette fan, but it was mostly because the writers kept sticking her in dumb plots and damsel situations, I thought her character itself was fine. Not super engaging, but fine enough. Than she became evil for no reason (weird how that keeps happening), and now, I have no idea. Like Adalind, I have no idea what her purpose is here. And, I hate being that person who complains about the female characters, but I really think both Juliette and Adalind could have been good characters if the writers had been consistent with them. The perils of being the main characters love interest?

The main characters Nick and Renard don't even need Juliette and Adalind as love interests.  I just can't enjoy either man with those two women and think the only viable couple on the  show is Monroe and Rosalie.

• Love 1