Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Cynthia's Story

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Those people with the million kids make me tired.

I wonder if there's some biological explanation for the fact that she seems prone to having multiples. I know fraternal multiples can run in families, but identical is pretty much a fluke of cell division (some of them look identical but I don't know for sure, and will likely not know, what with my having no intention of watching them and all...).

• Love 1

Now watching one of the scenes I really liked, her talk with her kids the night before her WLS was good, informative but not scary, reassuring yet realistic. I appreciate her asking them about their feelings and expectations. I never doubted that they all love each other. These are good kids and I think that, overall, she should get a lot of credit for that.

My main issues with her is how she just doesn't get that in order to get and stay that big for that long there has to be some very deep psychological reasons. But, as I recall, she doesn't think she needs therapy. That attitude always came across to me as someone who thinks going to therapy is a weakness when it's really the exact opposite.

• Love 3
(edited)

OMG channel surfed over to the Travel Channel and they're showing Food Paradise featuring gut busting, over the top "Secret Menu" offerings like a ginormous pizza covered in tacos!😯 

Yes this thing really exists at a restaurant called Tacos a Go Go in, of all places, HOUSTON!

1846901253_920x920(1).thumb.jpg.112c9f36ea0a8e759a9728f74f14fc98.jpg

Believe it or not, it's started a trend.

As the singing group The Four Seasons said: "Oh What a Night!😊

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

OMG channel surfed over to the Travel Channel and they're showing Food Paradise featuring gut busting, over the top "Secret Menu" offerings like a ginormous pizza covered in tacos!😯 

Yes this thing really exists at a restaurant called Tacos a Go Go in, of all places, HOUSTON!

1846901253_920x920(1).thumb.jpg.112c9f36ea0a8e759a9728f74f14fc98.jpg

Believe it or not, it's started a trend.

As the singing group The Four Seasons said: "Oh What a Night!😊

...why?

WATN of Dottie and Cynthia which we just saw a few weeks ago (I think...time isn't really a thing anymore but I know it was fairly recent). Don't think I can take Dottie again.

• LOL 2
9 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

...why?

WATN of Dottie and Cynthia which we just saw a few weeks ago (I think...time isn't really a thing anymore but I know it was fairly recent). Don't think I can take Dottie again.

Yeah, me neither. Can't believe I watched parts of Cynthia's original episode; I just don't have the strength or interest really in watching their WATNs again.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ams1001 said:

53* shows featuring multiples wasn't enough, now we need a show about multiple multiples...

*might be an exaggeration but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't

And expect more multiples.  
Or the incest people, the Duggars, that I'd never watch.
Dr. Pimple Popper doesn't really have bonus scenes, but does have  youtube.

• Love 2
On 7/29/2020 at 7:36 PM, TwoCentsWorth said:

This is "The Night of the Martyrs." Apparently they love their kids, which forces them to be surly and uncooperative. We don't know what it's like, having children and trying to lose weight....

It's such bullshit! It takes hours upon hours to eat the garbage they eat, in the amounts they eat, but somehow the hours spent shoveling shit into their ever-gaping maws equates to quality childcare??

• Love 2

I think Cynthia is afraid of committing to one person, or even dating.    Apparently her two children were from very brief relationships, and the father or fathers aren't around any more.      Then on her original episode, she was doing fairly well, and then went out with her friends.   Then when one of her friends started saying she needed to start dating, Cynthia shut down, and quit Dr. Now's program not too long after.    I think she's seen so many rotten family relationships, that she doesn't want to take the chance of having it happen to her, and the kids again (three were adopted from a horrible family abuse situation). 

• Love 1