Type keyword(s) to search

The Mick - General Discussion

TheRabbi
  • Start Topic

Editor's Note:

Discuss The Mick Here!

I've watched all 3 episodes so far - I think I've had one solid laugh (the visual gag in the ladies room in episode 2). I'll give it one more before calling it quits.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 1

I want to like this show but it feels like it's still in the development stages. Every episode feels like a pilot where the chemistry isn't there yet.

I like Kaitlin and the maid but I want to recast everyone else! I wish I could steal the kids from 'American Housewife' for this show and then maybe I'd have one new comedy that I love.

I'll give it a few more episodes but I'm not holding my breath.

What? I think the show is hilarious. I can use less gratutious violence - there's way too much slapping, falling, and blood in it - but I crack up every few minutes. The endless wads of cash, the military crazy grandmother, and Mick herself; I'm really confused because I don't knmow if she's good, bad or clueless. She's so good to the kids but such a terrible girlfriend (and even friend) but she has such a good heart. Can't figure it out.

The  daughter (I forget her name) shouild have called thep olice after her grandmother slapped her. That is child abuse. Or actually, that's assault and battery - she's 18 years old (I assume). You don't slap around teenager like that. Or anyone else for that matter.

You know what else really threw me for a loop? The boyfriend. He looked so familiar. I looked him up and... there's no way that guy is Justin from Brothers and Sisters. He looks nothing lik ehim and sounds nothing like him but is apparently him? I'm so confused...

1 hour ago, Big Mother said:

You know what else really threw me for a loop? The boyfriend. He looked so familiar. I looked him up and... there's no way that guy is Justin from Brothers and Sisters. He looks nothing lik ehim and sounds nothing like him but is apparently him? I'm so confused...

You mean MacKenzie's boyfriend on the show, Jimmy?  Isn't it this guy?  

Or Sabrina's boyfriend Kai?  Who is played by this guy.

Neither of them were on Brothers and Sisters as far as I can see. 

The show is decent enough. I still feel like this is where Dee disappears to when she's not on screen in It's Always Sunny. She plays the two parts in such similar ways, it's hard to separate. Maybe it's cause the 2 characters have a lot of similar traits. I hate the oldest kid almost as much as I love the other 2 kids, especially the youngest one. He's doing well for such a young actor. The daughter is just all parts of ugh to me, maybe its the teen girl thing but whatever it is, I can live without it or they can dial it back. 

I'll give it a couple more episodes but right now it doesn't feel like something I'll add to my regular watching schedule.

I am liking the show.  Only person I knew of in the cast is Sofia D'elia-Black who I have liked in other stuff she has done and I think she is good here as well.  I actually thought the lead was the wife on The Grinder at first but apparently they just look similar.

I am in for now.

9 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

You mean MacKenzie's boyfriend on the show, Jimmy?  Isn't it this guy?  

Or Sabrina's boyfriend Kai?  Who is played by this guy.

Neither of them were on Brothers and Sisters as far as I can see. 

Okay  now I have to figure out how I got this brain fart where it said "David Annable".  Maybe I'm mixing it up with another show. I am so confused. Will check back in later :D.

OOOHHH. Now I see it. It says: "REcurring -  David Annable as Teddy Grant." I do not yet have any clue who Teddy Grant is.

An unapologetic degenerate moves to affluent Greenwich, CT, to raise the outrageously spoiled kids of her wealthy sister and brother-in-law, who have fled the country to avoid prosecution for illegal activities.

When Mickey learns they've all forgotten Ben's seventh birthday, the family is forced to put their selfish tendencies aside for one day and throw him the celebration he deserves, which proves way harder than it sounds.

I'm so surprised that this show has garnered no comments. I watched eps Pilot through 4 today on demand out of boredom. I'd seen the show advertised & thought that it was about rude school teachers. Once I realized that wasn't true I almost turned it off but found it surprisingly funny. I might not watch it live but I will follow up with it on demand. It was surprisingly entertaining and a bit wickedly funny. The lead actress could be utternly unlikeable but she manages to make a somewhat dispicable person entertaining.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, raiderred1 said:

What commercial was the redheaded son in? I can almost place him.....ugh

The commercial where Peter Pan goes to his reunion and is a total dick (kid plays Peter Pan).  Also, he was one of the campers on "Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp".

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Suck It Trebek said:

When the grandmother smacked the girl (Sabrina?), I had to pause my DVR because I was laughing so hard. I mean, of course, the grandmother is a sadistic bitch, but that was so unexpected. 

Ditto.  It was wrong, but hilarious.  As was the grandma throwing her coffee on the her.  You need to up your game to take her on, girl!

• Love 3

It's funny!  I agree that the youngest actor is adorable!  When she kept putting her hand in his mouth to pull out stuff he was swallowing, along with the drooling from another episode I couldn't stop laughing.    IMDb doesn't have his age in yet, looks like this is his first acting credit. He's a natural. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, DidISayThat said:

It's funny!  I agree that the youngest actor is adorable!  When she kept putting her hand in his mouth to pull out stuff he was swallowing, along with the drooling from another episode I couldn't stop laughing.    IMDb doesn't have his age in yet, looks like this is his first acting credit. He's a natural. 

She wasn't trying to pull out stuff. She was trying to induce his gag reflex so that he would throw up the stuff that he had swallowed.

The last two episodes have been great.  Creepy Ben was amazing.  My wife figured Omicron was real from the start but the reveal was still great.  I'm liking how Mickey and Sabrina are getting along.  It's nice that the relationship isn't just confrontational but there's still a bit of edge there.

• Love 2
On 1/15/2017 at 7:36 PM, callie lee 29 said:

So happy this has a forum. The show is cracking me up - maybe not like Sunny, but good. 

How old is the youngest actor? He is adorable!!

According to an interview I read with Kaitlyn Olson (not sure where it was), the young kid is 8. He's very talented!

I think this show is hilarious, even though I had to look away during the gagging part. Ben is adorable but I also love the middle child, Chip. I remembered seeing him somewhere so looked it up and it was Wet Hot American Summer and Preacher.

The gagging scene almost had me gagging in sympathy!  But I loved Mickey taking responsibility eventually and being willing to do whatever it took to make Ben okay.  And the birthday present from "mom & dad" was a really nice touch.

Oh and I loved Chip complaining at the end over Ben getting attention for swallowing yet another thing while he's bruised from his pony ride.

On 1/17/2017 at 9:18 PM, Matt K said:

I'm liking how Mickey and Sabrina are getting along.  It's nice that the relationship isn't just confrontational but there's still a bit of edge there.

I have to agree. I was a little worried that it would be Mickey vs Sabrina in every episode, so I'm glad that they seem to be developing a sibling relationship. (Mickey's too immature to have an Aunt/niece relationship).

• Love 1

The youngest child is always taking something very bad for him, nicotine patches in this one and birth control pills in an earlier episode. What could be next?

I though Omicron was going to be Mikki's boyfriend who wanted the kid to get nude pictures of the next door neighbor. I was a little bit off.

• Love 1

Another great episode.  Man, why would NotNetflix recommenced House of 1000 Corpses before getting to The Exorcist or Alien.  At least he got to see some top rated movies before and after.