Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E03: Week 3: The Backstreet Boys

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

You may be right but in all fairness to Nick I really don't think sex was Liz's main goal. He could have totally rocked her world and I think she would still have passed him up for the chance to be on the show.

Yes, that's true. But I was basing my opinion more on how Liz was more like "ehhhhh" when pressed by Christen about their one-night stand. I think if it was good enough, she would have said something to that effect, maybe not in a crass way as Corinne would have, but, something where Christen would get the gist. But she just like shrugged and said she was totally wasted and it was a mix of talk and sex...her reaction just didn't seem to imply that he rocked her world.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

But I was basing my opinion more on how Liz was more like "ehhhhh" when pressed by Christen about their one-night stand.

Which made her look even more ridiculous than she already did. If the sex was so bad then why would she come on the show to compete for him. I'm sure that had to run through Christen's mind. Yeah her credibility is not the best. I would take anything she said with a grain of salt.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, wovenloaf said:

Didn't they show her mom in her intro clip though?  Corinne was talking about how she lives with her family and they are always together, and they showed the dad and some lady that seemed like her mother.  It was a different lady than the nanny who brought her cucumbers, I thought?  I think she's just been spoiled to an absurd degree, by dad, mom, nanny, whoever (all of the above).

I had forgotten that.  She was raised by that nanny, though!  And still is apparently.  No way is she running that company.  I do remember her dad saying he hopes to pass on the business to her.  That could mean when she is 50.  Who knows.   And I suspect that she is referred to as the housekeeper at home.  

I can see her interview now.  She must have mentioned having had a nanny so they went with using that word.  I believe she was a recruit. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, alannaofdoom said:

Re: Corinne's antics this week, The Cut has a conspiracy theory that may blow this whole thing wiiiiiide open. http://nymag.com/thecut/2017/01/a-conspiracy-theory-about-the-bachelor-villain.html 

Yes! Only after reading this do I realize how often Corinne says things that Jennifer Garner would say in 13 Going On 30. It also explains why no one's ever held her boobs like that before.

• Love 4

I loved Vanessa calling out Nick and holding him responsible for his own actions.  Such a nice contrast to jealous, attention-seeking Corinne trying to convince the world she isn't jealous or doesn't want everyone's (especially Nick's) attention on her constantly.

Vomit Comet…looked like fun.  I want to try it one day but minus the puke (hopefully).

I think the Liz/Nick sex was typical drunken ONS sex…decent, but nothing to write home about.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, LBS said:

Wait - did the person who had the first one on one get booted this episode?   If so my fantasy draft is seriously screwed up!

No, Danielle M is still around. She just didn't have any air time because she wasn't on any of the dates this week.

• Love 1

Interesting test given to find how being treated as as child hampers the ability to mature.  Basically if you are babied all your life into adulthood you act like a child. you know nothing else.  I didn't take or read the test questions, the text above the that Corinne would score very high.  

http://howinfantilizedareyou.com/

Excellent interview with Nick.  It is clear he is looking for a smart adult capable of good conversation.  He does not criticize Corrine when questioned about her.  Of course, it would give away the fact that he is keeping her because production required that.  She is reality gold.

http://www.glamour.com/story/the-bachelor-nick-viall-interview

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I'm still watching, and haven't read the entire thread yet, but I just have to say that I find Corinne so very sad.  She really can't comprehend any way to connect with a guy unless it is sexual.  And as soon as she is feeling unsure of that "connection" all her self-worth has fled.

Now I completely understand how her parents could state that they were proud of her after the first episode.  They obviously have not taught her anything except being pretty is how you get through life.  The nanny, fake job, etc., plus what we see of Corinne on the show is proof that these people are not good parents. 

I feel for Corinne and that's something I NEVER thought I would be saying.  I guess she will find a man to take care of her and get her through life.  If not, her parents will do it with the help of the nanny, but how very sad. 

• Love 15

Watching the episode now, but had to jump in here and comment.  I have NEVER heard SO much vocal fry growling and Uptalk with the rising inflection as I just watched in the first 15 minutes of this episode.  A lot of it from NIck himself!  I'm not really suRE why these peoPle have begun this behavIOR, but it's supER annoyING!  And P.S. Corinne needs to take her over confident, disrespectful self home.  I feel like I need a hand sanitizer bath after watching her.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Nedsdag said:

Tiffany has a chin. She looks more like a pre-chin implant Ivanka.

I've always thought Corinne was a mix of Stassi from Vanderpump Rules and Hayden Panettiere from Nashville.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Alison said:

I've always thought Corinne was a mix of Stassi from Vanderpump Rules and Hayden Panettiere from Nashville.

Yes! Even my husband said oh the girl from that other trashy restaurant show you watch is on this trashy dating show now?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Yes, that's true. But I was basing my opinion more on how Liz was more like "ehhhhh" when pressed by Christen about their one-night stand.

Drunken one-night stands are almost never good. Just a PSA for any 20-something women reading this. Do not believe the movies!

• Love 12

Yeah if I remember correctly, Liz didn't say Nick sucked in the sack but that the whole thing was drunken awkwardness. She stressed that they were wasted and limbs was everywhere and it just seemed like it was kind sloppy on both their parts because they were wasted, which is why, she claimed that she thought he was just being polite when he asked for her number. Because in her mind, why would a guy want a number after that drunken awkwardness. 

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, JenMcSnark said:

I'm still watching, and haven't read the entire thread yet, but I just have to say that I find Corinne so very sad.  She really can't comprehend any way to connect with a guy unless it is sexual.  And as soon as she is feeling unsure of that "connection" all her self-worth has fled.

Now I completely understand how her parents could state that they were proud of her after the first episode.  They obviously have not taught her anything except being pretty is how you get through life.  The nanny, fake job, etc., plus what we see of Corinne on the show is proof that these people are not good parents. 

I feel for Corinne and that's something I NEVER thought I would be saying.  I guess she will find a man to take care of her and get her through life.  If not, her parents will do it with the help of the nanny, but how very sad. 

I didn't read the article, just read mention of it.  The poster said "the town" was proud of her, not sure her parents were part of it.  I don't care enough to google it.   She is a mess. 

25 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

I forgot to mention - who was the woman whose black dress completely and purposefully showed her bra when it dipped in the front. I kept thinking - you are not supposed to wear a bra, just some double stick tape.

I mentioned this upthread (wasn't that outfit a disaster????)...but she was the one who did the "I'm not wearing underwear" joke on night one.  I think her name is Hailey???

55 minutes ago, zoltana said:

Watching the episode now, but had to jump in here and comment.  I have NEVER heard SO much vocal fry growling and Uptalk with the rising inflection as I just watched in the first 15 minutes of this episode.  A lot of it from NIck himself!  I'm not really suRE why these peoPle have begun this behavIOR, but it's supER annoyING!  And P.S. Corinne needs to take her over confident, disrespectful self home.  I feel like I need a hand sanitizer bath after watching her.

Haha right?  I noticed last night what a terrible offender Danielle L is!

• Love 3
18 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Someone else is crying and giving a you're not giving me attention. She's getting bad music. She's going to leave now. Yep! It's ALWAYS this music when they get sent home mid-date. The only exception is is the girl is acting really cuckoo, and then they get the "demented circus music." I could watch this show with no dialogue and just background music and know exactly what's happening.

Award to Vanessa for saying she's not upset with Corrine, she's upset with HIS behavior. You go, girl! Vanessa for the win! Or, rather, Vanessa for second or third place so she can be Bachelorette and find someone better than Nick! Or, better yet, take it to the end and NOT accept the final rose so Nick is a four-time loser, with nothing to show but rubber burns on his back from the bounce house.

You're good. I never notice the music at all. But I'm probably unconsciously affected by it, a total slave to the editing monkeys without realizing it.

Count me with the many who loved Vanessa for telling Nick off without slut-shaming Corinne. Not sure I love her in general though. My eyes rolled all the way back into my head listening to her "grandpa is with me on this journey" story. Yeah, Vanessa, your grandfather is sitting on a cloud humming and cheering you on while you date a man who's dating 29 other women on a cheesy reality show. Or wait, are we talking heaven or hell?

16 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

I did notice that before he kissed her it showed her chewing gum so maybe it wasn't as bad as it seemed. Also at one point they showed a woman in the background doing something so I'm sure there was someone there to get her some water to clean her mouth. Otherwise...yeah eww.

They were both chewing gum. I kind of like that he didn't care. I'm sure my squeamish husband would care a whole lot. So it's totally romantic to me when someone throws squeamishness to the wind.

14 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

I forgot to mention - who was the woman whose black dress completely and purposefully showed her bra when it dipped in the front. I kept thinking - you are not supposed to wear a bra, just some double stick tape.

That was Haley, the photografer who was sent home. I remember because she kept going on about putting herself out there and "opening up". Cut to her walking out in that dress and me thinking: "She seems open enough to me".

Poor Corinne. She is just too obvious. "I feel really confident!" one moment when she's sticking her tounge down Nick's throat. Then ten minutes later when she has to do dance: "I can't dance, I don't feel confident and sexy". She'll hopefully grow up to realize that confidence doesn't have to be all about body and sex.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

Which made her look even more ridiculous than she already did. If the sex was so bad then why would she come on the show to compete for him. I'm sure that had to run through Christen's mind. Yeah her credibility is not the best. I would take anything she said with a grain of salt.

It is ridiculous, but I think everyone knows by now she didn't come for Nick anyway. And did a bad job of disguisng that fact.

35 minutes ago, huahaha said:

Drunken one-night stands are almost never good. Just a PSA for any 20-something women reading this. Do not believe the movies!

Touché!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

I had forgotten that.  She was raised by that nanny, though!  And still is apparently.  No way is she running that company.  I do remember her dad saying he hopes to pass on the business to her.  That could mean when she is 50.  Who knows.   And I suspect that she is referred to as the housekeeper at home.  

I can see her interview now.  She must have mentioned having had a nanny so they went with using that word.  I believe she was a recruit. 

From the looks of their house, shown in the first episode (or the pre-first episode)  there probably is a housekeeper for the rest of the house.  And Corrine has a "special"  housekeeper because she's a busy person, running a company (sarcasm)  and doesn't have the time or the knowledge to do things like make her bed or slice veggies for a snack.   She's the kind of girl who would need to use GPS to find the kitchen in her own house.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, wings707 said:

I adore Raven, I would love to see her as the next bachette but Rachael is the obvious choice.  Smart, of color and pretty enough with great body.  I think she was recruited.  

I liked Rachel from night one, when Nick asked her which of her uncles is her favorite, and she said "They're all my favorite!"  I thought that was a cute answer.  Plus, when everybody else was boozing it up, I swear I saw her drinking coffee.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

I loved Vanessa calling out Nick and holding him responsible for his own actions.  Such a nice contrast to jealous, attention-seeking Corinne trying to convince the world she isn't jealous or doesn't want everyone's (especially Nick's) attention on her constantly.

Yes -  he was disrespectful, and acted as though he was obligated to go along with whatever any woman initiated.    if he truly  wants to "get to know" the women, then he might have to put the brakes on the whip cream and dry-hump in a bouncy house stuff. 

35 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

It's a look at some recent awards shows -  usually pants, and a blazer with a lacy bra showing. 

6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Plus, when everybody else was boozing it up, I swear I saw her drinking coffee.

Good possibility considering they were up to daylight. Maybe she isn't a big drinker and needed the coffee to get through it. Smart choices from a smart woman.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Plus, when everybody else was boozing it up, I swear I saw her drinking coffee.

Seriously, that's the only way to get through this thing - stay sober. And repeat that over and over. I for one don't believe Corinne was "exhausted" during those times she took naps. She's passed out drunk.

I also noticed Vanessa drinking water instead of alcohol during the dinner part of the one-on-one with Nick. I missed how old Vanessa is, but it does seem the younger women are much more prone to just indulge on the free alcohol. Or at least, Corinne does. I know producers try to ply alcohol so ladies could get drunk and create more drama. But really, just resist the alcohol. Helps with your sanity. 

• Love 10
Just now, slowpoked said:

Seriously, that's the only way to get through this thing - stay sober. And repeat that over and over. I for one don't believe Corinne was "exhausted" during those times she took naps. She's passed out drunk.

I also noticed Vanessa drinking water instead of alcohol during the dinner part of the one-on-one with Nick. I missed how old Vanessa is, but it does seem the younger women are much more prone to just indulge on the free alcohol. Or at least, Corinne does. I know producers try to ply alcohol so ladies could get drunk and create more drama. But really, just resist the alcohol. Helps with your sanity. 

I think she's 29?  When I saw her pick up the glass at dinner I though whoa, that is one big ass glass of wine, but then I saw it was water.  

• Love 1

Speaking as someone who gets queasy if anyone else even hints at a stomach ache, Nick climbed several notches for me when he was so caring with Vanessa. Dude, he did not even flinch when she was barfing. He was there soothing her and helping her to calm down. That is a WINNER in my book.

Edited by ragingpixie
  • Love 15

I can't dislike Corinne because I find her utterly ridiculous. Why does she think she's ready to be in a relationship with a man much older than herself when she doesn't even know the basics of taking care of herself? I feel like Corinne's only real responsibility is picking out her outfits. Should I be impressed by that? It's pure irony that she would comment on Danielle being nothing beyond her looks. 

Danielle and Vanessa are gorgeous girls but damn, Vanessa is that next level of gorgeous to me because she looks so natural. I think she could show up to a rose ceremony in a ponytail and no make up and still fit right in with those women because of how naturally pretty she is and that kind of beauty always makes me take notice more. Her date with Nick was really sweet. He was a pure gentleman with her. I liked how they really opened up but in ways that shared an insecurity or something that brought them comfort. I liked that their interaction seemed completely real and their attraction to one another seems very obvious. I felt for Nick when he shared that he wasn't sure he could trust his emotions after what happened to him on the past. The Bachelor atmosphere is one that lives in a bubble. Awesome dates and a gorgeous lot to choose from. When you're the one that's looking to impress, you make yourself so vulnerable because you only need to focus on building one relationship. In this situation, Nick is in the driver seat and because he has to share his time, he'll find that the connections will come far more naturally and it'll be easier to trust them. 

Astrid, time for a new sports bra. Not judging all that movement, but that lack of support is horrible for your back! 

Back to Corinne for a moment - everything about her screams insecurity. I do think that she's genuinely attracted to Nick but I also think that it only makes her crave attention from him because of it. Despite all of their interactions thus far, there is zero substance to their relationship which seems completely counterintuitive to what Nick has said he's looking for. And truthfully, he does seem like a man that would quickly lose interest if a woman can't mentally stimulate and challenge him.

And now back to Vanessa, standing ovation to you. I loved that she put him on the spot and LOVED that she called out Nick rather than blame Corinne. I'm assuming we'll get the continuation of that conversation next week but based on his reaction to Vanessa, his instinct wasn't to talk his way out of it. He looked genuinely worried about how Vanessa/the other women may be feeling about him after that. 

• Love 10

Corrine has confused sex with being in a relationship.  In this episode she stated that she knew how to get guys by being sexy; however, in either the first or second episode she was crying about how she can never maintain a relationship (or have a lasting relationship).  What she doesn't seem to understand is that yes, there are men who will take the sex she is offering but will then leave and go on to someone else.  She doesn't seem to understand that she is offering herself up to be used and left.  She is way too immature to be on this show, and she is therefore way too young for Nick.  It just seems creepy to see them together-she looks like a young 24, and with his beard Nick looks like he could be older than 36.  She is pretty desperate for attention and in reality may not stop herself from a dangerous situation due to her desperation.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Vanessa is that next level of gorgeous to me because she looks so natural. I think she could show up to a rose ceremony in a ponytail and no make up and still fit right in with those women because of how naturally pretty she is and that kind of beauty always makes me take notice more.

Totally agree. And on a similar note (and I know, "scripted" by the producers) they showed Corrine spending lots of time putting on makeup for a fricken' pool party!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I wonder if they'll let her bring the nanny? That could be interesting. (No, not really.)

When Vanessa was barfing in the zero gravity plane, you could see glimpses of a third person handing her a second bag, or wipes or something. I assume they must be well-equipped to handle such a common reaction, so I also choose to assume Vanessa had a chance to rinse her mouth out before Nick kissed her.

Yes, let her bring the nanny!  I'm all for fans getting behind the nanny.  Maybe she'll realize there's more out there for her than bringing cheese pasta to Corinne!

• Love 2

I don't know if you guys are aware or if it was already posted here before somewhere, but our MVP Nanny Racquel has her own twitter:

Corinne's Nanny @corinnesnanny

Took 3 days for me to blow up the bouncy house. My lungs are spent! So worth it to provide a fairy tale dream for my Corinne. #thebachelor

Hilarious!

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 18
11 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

As much as I dislike Nick when he's around Corinne is as much as I adore Nick when he's with Vanessa. The caring, the caressing, the tenderness, the tears - THAT'S the Nick I love! Not the perverted man-child Corinne brings out in him.

Girl is a genius though. She gets her time and then takes a nap. No drinking, no socializing, no fear of reprisal - just find a bed and sleep. I hope future 'ettes try this tactic in the future. 

My neighbor doesn't have a high opinion of Nick. He thinks Corinne's nanny might make her stock go up. "Built-in housekeeper!" Plus he'd have someone to manage her meltdowns. 

BSB is still glorious and outshines NSync on all fronts. JC Chasez is and always will be the best singer ever in a boy band and the only thing that kept NSync from being utterly mediocre. I was not a fan of JT's whiny voice or his silly hair in the early 2000s.

Every one of those girls should have known that choreography. Every school dance and prom included a flash mob Everybody performance.

I think Nick's down to Rachel, the Danielles, and Vanessa, and is just letting producers call the shots while he chooses among them. That's the only way Corinne is still around.

So I'm in my late twenties, and I was still in elementary school when that came out. The girls on average seem around 4 years younger than me. I can't remember them having too many dances in elementary school and no proms until high school. If they are say 25 or 26, they would have been in high school 2005-2009. 

My thoughts on the episode. 

Vanessa was the best part.  She did seem concerned as rattled on about his reality tv exs. I seem to remember Andi saying he had been married before, yet no mention of that here.

Re: Nick and vomit. Nick is one of the older kids (not sure what #) of 11 kids.  Between normal kids stomach sickness and his mom constantly being pregnant and having morning sickness he's probably used to vomit and vomiting women.  Someone I know who has Michelle Duggar's personality (with less kids than either Mrs. Duggar or Mrs. Viall) said she knew one of her future son-in-laws  was the one for her daughter, when they started telling him all the family vomiting stories and he was super-interested and liked hearing them.  Personally, I have mild emetophobia myself so I am sympathetic to those who have it much worse. 

Nick and Vanessa had really good and intense chemistry looking at the stars.

Corinne is hard to watch, but I like that she's more needy than mean towards the other girls. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

I have a hard time believing that Nick didn't get sick on the plane ride.  They were both chewing gum, which is commonly used to help with nausea.  I think Vanessa got the edit because it looked nice that Nick was taking care of her.  Clearly someone was standing by with air sickness bags.

I was wondering about this too.  Maybe he didn't vomit (and I'm not entirely sure Vanessa did, either), he got nausea as well. 

It'll be interesting if they show Nick's response to Vanessa's questioning next week.  When she asked him why he signed up for this again (during their date), his answer was a bit strange, and not much of a response.  He says something about uncertainty in trusting his emotions, and if it was me sitting there across from him, I'd doubt his emotions.    

That said, not sure why Vanessa bugs me.  But she does. 

Edited by ribboninthesky1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, seasick said:

I loved how, when the girls were walking over to the bouncy house they blurred out someone's butt cheeks in their bathing suit, but them cut to a crack wide-angle on Corrine's butt ,  far and wide humping nick.   I love the producer's choices on modesty and appropriate prime time viewing.

That was funny. It makes me think that the butt angle when she was in humping position is OK, because the buns are taut, whereas when she's walking, they're bouncy globes that aren't quite covered. Therein lies the difference. Which of course is arbitrary and stupid. How about the silly black bar over her chestal region when she was in the coat? And there couldn't have been anything showing, unless her nips are two inches higher than on the average woman.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, backformore said:

Yes -  he was disrespectful, and acted as though he was obligated to go along with whatever any woman initiated.    if he truly  wants to "get to know" the women, then he might have to put the brakes on the whip cream and dry-hump in a bouncy house stuff. 

It looked like Nick did put the brakes on during the whipped cream scene (after a lick or two!). Corinne was so upset because he basically lectured her about making herself look bad. The editors cut away from that, probably to prevent future train wrecks from hearing the advice.

Don't know what to say about the bouncy house, except how did Corinne get that set up for just her?? There is some serious producer collaboration going on, more than the usual "maybe you should wear red tonight" setups.

• Love 3
On 1/17/2017 at 8:08 PM, huahaha said:

It looked like Nick did put the brakes on during the whipped cream scene (after a lick or two!).

Yeah and I don't think his tongue actually touched her boob. The whipped cream was so thick that it looked like he could just only pick it up. His mouth was full of whipped cream and he would have had to swallow it and then proceed if he was so inclined. He looked uncomfortable to me and not fully into it. Which is why he put the brakes on no matter how much TP prod him to say how he's attracted to her and he appreciates her boldness blah blah blah. Men love mystery and a little challenge and although they initially take what's being easily given to them they eventually tire of it.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 3

Yes, Vanessa is gorgeous. I will say Nick has a bunch of really pretty girls on his season. Even the ones he sent home this week and previous week were really pretty and would be top 10 in other seasons based on their looks alone.

Dominique is like Liz in a way that they have no idea how to intrigue a man. Dominique is probably worse off than Liz in terms of handling the situation.

For the record, BSB > 'Nsync. BSB had so many more hits.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, In2You said:

The Backstreet Boys once again proved to me they are still no comparison to Nsync.

Are you trying to start a 90s gang war here?! I will throw down for BSB! (Although, to be honest, my main boy band was always 2Gether.)

I would have been soooo mad if I missed the Backstreet Boys date THEN the zero gravity date only to be given... a date at a track field. Nick and I would have had words.

Was Astrid not allowed to change before the hot tub? She just got right in wearing her athletic clothes!

I was wondering why he kept Jasmine around, but after her hilarious commentary on the nanny reveal, I was so glad he did. She couldn't even process.

Corinne seems younger and younger every week. From bouncing in the bouncy castle to not liking to do grown-up things to being asked if she has kids and saying "I'm a kid" to not knowing how to make a bed or wash dishes to her need for a naptime... It just makes her sexual advances all the more creepy. She reminds me of Abby Flynn on 30 Rock, the "sexy baby". I will say a refreshing change with her as the villain is that she hasn't been at all mean to the other girls. She's so self-absorbed that I think she spends more time worrying about her own performance with Nick than about the rest of them.

The way Nick was on the date with Vanessa was the cutest. I couldn't believe when she started throwing up and he leaned in CLOSER. He looked so adoring with her. And then the crying! Aww.

Since Vanessa seems a foregone conclusion for the winner (as far as I'm concerned anyway), I'm keeping an eye out for potential Bachelorettes. So far the ones I'd like to see would be either Danielle L. because she's just so hot or Sarah for being an adorable Disney princess lookalike (although she needs more screen time). Nick couldn't keep his hands off Danielle and man, she was smoking doing that dance. Definitely deserved the win on that date. I think Nick even grabbed her ass during their alone time slow dance later on in the night! It'd be fun to have just a ridiculously sexy Bachelorette since usually the producers choose more of the cute type. The men would lose it. She'd also be somewhat of a minority pick (what's her ethnicity?). Obviously I think Kristina is gorgeous as well, but she seems more reserved.

Some of the outfits this episode I couldn't even understand. Hailey's bra out during the RC... it looked like she was just wearing a lingerie cover-up. Corinne's weird cut-out at the bottom of her dress on the group date. Alexis's... everything. My friend asked why she was wearing a stripper dress (that yellow zip-up thing). I figured it went with her boob job. She seems trashy but fun.

I was not pleased with the weird editing at the beginning of the episode. Last week we ended with Nick telling the girls he had sex with Liz, then this week we just had a bunch of cuts of those girls telling the other girls and then all of a sudden the cocktail party is starting? I actually thought we were still watching the preview for the episode. Also not pleased with returning to the "cliffhanger" format where we don't end with a rose ceremony each episode.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, waving feather said:

Yes, Vanessa is gorgeous. I will say Nick has a bunch of really pretty girls on his season. Even the ones he sent home this week and previous week were really pretty and would be top 10 in other seasons based on their looks alone.

Dominique is like Liz in a way that they have no idea how to intrigue a man. Dominique is probably worse off than Liz in terms of handling the situation.

For the record, BSB > 'Nsync. BSB had so many more hits.

Amen. Poor Brian though, it sucks to hear about his vocal condition. He and AJ were the quarterbacks for the group. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Amen. Poor Brian though, it sucks to hear about his vocal condition. He and AJ were the quarterbacks for the group. 

BSB 4eva. </nostalgia>

If you're a fan, I'd recommend watching their documentary. It's really interesting, and they touch on the struggle Brian went thigh and how rough hee had it with his voice during their recording of In A World Like This.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, McManda said:

BSB 4eva. </nostalgia>

If you're a fan, I'd recommend watching their documentary. It's really interesting, and they touch on the struggle Brian went thigh and how rough hee had it with his voice during their recording of In A World Like This.

My hear breaks a little whenever I hear Brian sing now. His beautiful voice. T___T

As a 90s kid who was obsessed with BSB, they will always have a soft spot in my heart.

• Love 1

Usually, I have TB on and kinda watch it while I do other things but I don't really watch it so I miss details so I had to go back and rewatch to try catch exactly how the bouncy house scene came into being. Was the bouncy house a secret from the other girls? Was it something just for Corrine? Was it really a part of the date? No, because it was out front and on the other side of a wall/gate. It totally gave an illusion of privacy to Nick (and Corrine) but it was def set up to give Corrine another chance to tackle him and insure that the other girls catch site of tackling.

I just don't buy that Corrine and Nick have any sort of connection. Maybe a vague physical one, but he usually looks uncomfortable with her grabbiness and/or as if he's humoring her (and trying to be polite while being a bit horny). He talks about liking her, but most of the time he doesn't look like he likes her. Maybe he wants to be into her more than he is, but it seems clear that she's a total plant (or a puppet) and Nick is playing along. I wish I knew if she was in on the joke, because she (and her relationship with Nick) is obviously a joke.

That said, I don't think Vanessa or any of the girls have anything to complain about. They knew he'd be dating more than one person (and that means kissing, etc more than one person) and they knew that this fact was likely to be rubbed in their faces (because, reality show). I mean, the entire goal of the show (season after season) is to make a girl for special and then show her that she's not the only special one and then film the emotional fallout.

Besides, if you DO happen to find yourself on a dating reality show (especially this dating reality show) and the lead is temporarily missing  but you suddenly hear a fellow cast-mate squealing as loudly as possible from the other side of a wall and the the producers are pointing at said yelling  "Hey, I wonder what's happening over that way", you probably should have to brains to not look over it.

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
  • Love 1

I saw a clip of the Nick and Corrine show.  I am sorry for those of you who sat through that drama!   I agree with the above posters that asked about a speech impediment. I can't understand a thing he says and tilting the head!  

There was a clip of a BOUNCE HOUSE and Nick calling out her name like she was two.  I'm sorry, but he reminds me of a creepy porn producer. I can't put my finger on it.  Hopefully I can catch next week, but tennis is on for another week.  

I also agree that Vanessa is really pretty. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Anyway, I'm kind of surprised by the way these women are pouncing on Nick like a piece of meat (thanks, Vanessa). Sure, he's good looking and has nice abs, but his sex life is out there, and from what I'm gathering, he isn't all that in bed, coming from two women he's already slept with. I mean, Liz wasn't even coming back for seconds. If she was, she would have called him a long time ago. She was coming for Instagram notoriety.

If Corinne's vagine is really the platinum prize that she says it is, she may be disappointed with Nick's pee-pee and bedroom skills.

Yeah, Andi dumped Nick after sleeping with him, Kaitlin dumped him after sleeping with him, and Liz didn't want to give him her number after their hookup.  I get the feeling Nick gets that a lot.  Maybe just coincidence...or not, haha.

I think Nick's about as ready to get married as farmer Chris, which is not at all.  I didn't know Nick was that old.  He's  getting old but hasn't matured very much.  He's probably not done making his rounds in bachelor nation.

I don't understand why they still have those huge mic packs on their backs.  It's 2016 and electronics have gotten tiny but this show still uses those huge boxes.

• Love 5