Type keyword(s) to search

I’m Dying Up Here - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
47 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

thanks, very interesting. i wish i could borrow the book from my library  but  they don't carry it. 

I THINK I read mine on Kindle. Do you have an Amazon account? You might be able to read it online. (I admit as much as I love-love-love Kindle and  though I guess I COULD live without it, I wouldn't want to, I am still old-school enough to really love actually holding a book in my hands ... and Kindle doesn't lend itself to places I like to read, like the bathtub, or sitting out in the sun or at the beach, etc.). 

I would also recommend checking eBay or other sites where you can get a great deal on used books. I'm guessing at this point about half of my collection of favorite old books (old being relative) came in that manner (I have a three-shelf bookcase of books I could never get rid of and reread regularly, with about a half-shelf devoted to "new to me" books I've bought). 

ETA: Just one quick look, and I hope I am not breaking any rules here, https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/im-dying-up-here-william-knoedelseder/1103620439/2683856588939?st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_Core+Catch-All,+Low_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP212586&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrsqCrKuh3AIVRoezCh3s_w9NEAQYASABEgI9fvD_BwE

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
To add example of places to get the book on the cheap!

It seems to me that they’ve wrap everything up pretty tight this season. Makes me wonder if there’s any more to tell since it’s based on what really happened. I wonder if they’ll be a season 3?

There seemed to be "resolutions" to most of the characters.  The ones that were left open, imo, were for characters, that I really didn't care what happened to them - ie Cassie, Bill.  I wasn't a big Nick fan, but was happy to see there was sort of a happy ending for him.

If there is a season 3 - what would you all like to see?

I don't like 90% of the stand-up comedy I've seen, but I find this show gripping. Just a couple episodes into Season 2, and so far so good. (Melissa Leo's big "I'm sorry" aria felt like too much for me, but generally I love her as Goldie.) 

ETA: almost at the end of the season. I really, really wish Nick had killed his uncle and gotten away with it. I guess it would have screwed him up even more, but man that uncle deserved the worst.

Edited by rejnel
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 9/29/2018 at 12:08 AM, BetterButter said:

I guess I'm in the minority of disappointed viewers. I really liked this show. So many other crap shows make it. IDUH certainly is not the crappiest of the crap. 

And Showtime aired IDUH in its second season up against the Showtime hit "Billions"? 

Oh well...such is life. I already cancelled my Showtime subscription for lack of shows that I like. HBO and Netflix are the only ones I keep. 

RIP "I'm Dying Up Here"! 😁 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 3