Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Knocked Up?

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

Previews for next week's episode show her mother in the hospital & someone talking about "a brain bleed."  If Whitney  was pregnant, the stress of worrying about whether or not her mom was going to live or die may have caused her to miscarry.

Hey you want a job writing reality tv? Because that's as good a fabrication as any we are likely to see.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Hey you want a job writing reality tv? Because that's as good a fabrication as any we are likely to see.

Hey, I watch Housewives, so, I am able to absorb large amounts of fabrication, exaggerations, and even plain old BS. lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5

I don't hate Whitney, I actually at times find her funny and I have said before- if she would get her shit together and try to lose weight, I think she would hit gold. Her show right now shows nothing fabulous about being overweight and only proves that you CAN'T be healthy at ANY size. Nothing about Whitney is healthy. She is in denial , out of control food addict. 

The pregnancy thing is going to be interesting. I don;t think she was ever pregnant, I think an ovarian cyst caused the positive test. IF that is the case- The fact that she posted the tests the other day in an attempt to pretend that she was pregnant is seriously gross- especially if she miscarried ( this is why I don't think she miscarried- she probably wouldn't be trying to lead anyone on like this).  She is so far removed from reality that she doesn't see why women may find this horrendously distasteful. Miscarriage/ infertility  is very painful. 

Stunts like this are why people find Whitney stupid and dislike her. Like, have the " am i  pregnant?" story line but don't lead people on months after the fact with the iG posts and what not. idiot. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

No, I don't think it has been explained to me why people hate Whitney. I see lots of comments on why she shouldn't be pregnant (too fat), shouldn't expect to have anyone love her (Fat), shouldn't attempt to dance (fat). It all comes back to the same thing. Her parents are not supporting her-they co-signed on the loan. If my son who is now in college wanted me to co-sign a loan I would consider it because the economy is tough right now. Whitney's parents could easily have said no. I think she does make money from the show and whatever else she does, and probably makes enough to pay for her house with a roommmate-so what is there to hate?

If the radio show didn't want Whitney to be on the air, she wouldn't be. They are trying to get publicity. I didn't see Whitney forcing them to air her comments. I don't think you have the right to tell me I need to hate someone because you say so-I still get to make up my own mind. Would I be best friends with her? No, but I stand firm in my belief that these types of comments would never appear if Whitney was a size 2. Lots of girls who can't dance appear on TV all the time-they are never called disgusting pigs. Lots of TV shows feature immature adults-they may be called clueless or dumb, never the hateful terms thrown around here. 

I've never read anyone here suggest or say that  you (or anyone ) has to hate or dislike Whitney. No one has to explain the reasons for why they feel the way they do, but the reasons are obvious to me , and "just because she's fat" isn't one I've ever seen here.  Just like you, everyone else gets to make up their own minds.  But...The truth is that you're right about one thing-- these  comments wouldn't appear if she were a size 2. This isn't "My Small Skinny Fabulous Life". Whitney is the  one  who brings being fat  into the discussion --by the very title and nature of her public show. 

Hating or disliking her just because she is fat isn't ok. Excusing what some perceive to be her assholish behavior because she's fat also isn't ok, and I think people are calling her out like they would anyone else. The perception is that she's called out only because she's fat, but I don't think that's it..it's more that her fatness has relevance. It's in the show title and it's what the show is about.   I've never seen anyone post on here that they don't like her just because she's fat.  Just my take, and I'm not speaking for anyone:  I think what happened is people liked her  at first, but over time their opinions changed. I know there are people out there who do hate Whitney due to her weight,  but I think that's the exception here. I think most are here for the  snark, not hate. 

I used to enjoy the show and Whitney, but once I really noticed her awful, immature behavior, I started disliking her.  I liked her, then i didn't,  and it was all due to her behavior, not her weight. HER behavior is what's on the table, no matter how others behave. It's her show so we discuss her and form opinions on her. I want to like her and I want her to succeed, but until she grows up and acts like an adult, I'll hate-watch and snark. (It's a soft hate watch, lol)

IMO, Whitney affording the house or not is a non-issue when it comes to Buddy. He needs to pay rent or GTFO. I was on her side. I get that it's different, I get the rug thing, I get it all. Buddy is laissez-faire about it because it's not his house. There's rental pride and then there is ownership pride. She may not have been perfect about their discussion, but I can't believe Buddy had the nuts to "draw a hard line" about a lease when he hasn't paid rent in months. I'd have mentioned my own hard line about paying rent if I were Twit. 

• Love 21

@Madding crowd We usually agree on so many things. I'm really surprised that you think most of us don't like Whit just because she's fat. I don't like her because she treats her parents like crap and it hurts my heart every time I see that look on her dad's face. He's always so proud of her and supportive and he doesn't deserve to be talked to the way she talks to him. And she's going to be a bitch to Babs next week too about the "bi" subject. I am from NC very close to Greensboro and the way her mom acts is believable to me. She's a typical older southern belle type. The fact that she doesn't use the language Whitney wants when asking her if she's bi, doesn't give her the right to yell at her mom and make a fool of her. 

I guess there are several other reasons I don't like Whitney but I think the treatment of her parents is the main reason. 

I don't think she would be a bad mother per se, but she is very selfish. I think she has good parental role models so maybe she'd snap out of it if the pregnancy were real. But I think it's a lie. And that's another reason I can't stand her. She's done this shit before, getting women with PCOS all excited and hopeful and it's nothing but a lie for tv. It's sad. The fact that she's fat has nothing to do with that. 

Anyway, I'm just surprised that you don't seem to understand the reasoning behind our general dislike of Whitney as a person. Not a fat person. Just a person. She sucks.

• Love 20

And another thing about the "pregnancy". If I were Whitney I would have taken the pregnancy test without cameras and kept everything very private until after the first trimester. If she had a heart that's what she would have done, which means we would have never seen this storyline at all. Women with PCOS dont need to get excited just so that Whitney can go to the doctor and show an empty sac. I think she should have waited until she knew it was real before taking it public. She could have said in an interview after the fact, "I was pregnant but I miscarried and I'm dealing with the grief of the lost pregnancy" and left it at that if she really needed a story. She could have been a voice for women who have lost a child to miscarriage. Instead she chose to make a joke of it. 

I think this is all a lie and set up by the producers. Whitney does have private time with her friends. The conversation about taking a pregnancy test didn't have to be discussed on camera. Whitney does have private time in the bathroom. We never see her taking a piss on normal occasions thank god, so why did she do the pregnancy test on camera? All of these things could have been addressed privately. Even a confirmation doc appointment. Are we all dumb enough to actually think the cameras just happened to be there at the perfect time? Well WE aren't but apparently the rest of her audience actually thinks that. It's not right to bring the subject of a pregnancy into the storyline when she knows damn well it's fake. Womens' struggles with PCOS are too real. There's a measure of sensitivity that Whitney is severely lacking. 

• Love 12

Despite some of our dislike for her, I think if we could say anything to just Whitney herself it would be GIRL, just take good care of yourself. The show will end eventually and her popularity as a public figure will fade; financially if she's smart she'll be fine but what about her health. She's not losing weight and if she keeps gaining why wouldn't she be 600 lbs one day? That should be her number one priority right now and not creating some scripted soap opera of her life. I find her very frustrating and no one can force her to change so it's up to her.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

... but I see nothing Whitney has done to garner so much hatred except being fat. She is far from the only 30 something adult to still lean on her parents, struggle with finances or act silly.

She has garnered so much hate because of actions, not her body.  The thing that really grinds on me about her is her attitude and constant state of denial about reality.  Okay, if she is happy being obese, then that's great! No one says that fat people need to be sad and depressed.  HOWEVER, she should not act like her weight isn't a serious issue in her life. Every problem she has, according to Whitney, is not related to her obesity.  The time she fell on her skis and couldn't get up, she said her boots weren't fitting right.  When she threw out her back, it was from dancing too hard.  When she passed out, it was from dancing too long and/or not drinking and eating enough (even though the doctor specifically told her that her weight was putting too much strain on her body). There's an excuse for everything but the excuse is never the right one: her weight!  She's a serial victim and that's where the hatred comes from. 

• Love 13

I can only speak for myself, but my dislike for Whitney has nothing to do with weight.  She can dance all day if she wants, I don't care and I think it's great if she wants to dance regardless of size... BUT what I take issue with is that she is NOT a professional on any level, she does not have the skill level (regardless of weight) or resume to call her self professional. I'd happy for her if she was pregnant, do I think it's the wisest decision... no... she's in some sort of arrested development and I'm not sure maturity wise if she's truly ready, but lots of people aren't really mature enough for kids, it doesn't bother me that much. My issue in regards to pregnancy is that it's being used with a miscarriage as a storyline for ratings... but nothing related to weight. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Poor Roy! Here's the KISS team discussing their appearance on this episode: Link

For those who don't have time to listen, the gist is this: last season he was already in a committed relationship when Whitney arrived, and so was she, officially, and also he was her boss, and as far as he was concerned, they were friends. He doesn't think any of his texts could have interpreted as flirtatious; they were friendly.  He doesn't think he led her on (and he comes across as quite offended to be accused of it). Under teasing from his co-workers, he concedes she is attractive (he calls her "a beautiful girl") but he firmly repeats she is not attractive to him, period, the end.

Whitney's behavior at the station was absurd. She marches in, gets on the air, asks for a job (which appears to take everyone aback.) When they are slow to respond, she utters this classic sentence, "Let me lubricate this discussion." Roy looks startled and asks "lubricate?" That, it must be admitted, is an odd verb to use in the context of applying for a job.  At which point Whitney announces that she is now single.  I'm sure somewhere in her brain there was some connection between asking for a job, lubrication, and announcing that she was in the market for a new man, but I'm darned if I can figure out what it is. (Ketzel firmly tamps down on any image of Roy as Whitney's boss/boyfriend combined with lubrication.)

When Roy doesn't step up, and in fact clearly signals non-interest, she starts to accuse him of behaving badly towards her, his laughing co-workers start to pile on, he (with impressive self control and professionalism) takes the discussion off the air, and we cut to Whitney waving around her phone and whining about how many times they exchanged texts.  She's also turned her Facebook fans loose on him by posting the clip of her phone with the giant heading: "When He's Tryna Play But You Have Receipts."  I will end where I began: poor Roy! And also, shut up Whitney, deluded and mean is not a good look on anyone.

Wow. Way to try to ruin a man's relationship by making false accusations over and over. I'm sorry but I could tell that he wasn't interested in her last season when they were trying to convince us that he was. Just because he had conversation with her doesn't mean he was flirting. I saw no chemistry even when they claimed he brought her flowers. The radio show was showing support for her stupid fake dance competition. So what? For example, my boss has sent flowers or small gifts on behalf of the office to different employees on many occasions. We regularly send cards to people for this or that. I don't think he's flirting with every employee. It's just what our office does and the radio station was probably doing something like that but producers had Roy hand deliver them.

I didn't really think Roy was that nice to her last season anyway. All of the radio staff regularly made fun of her, like when they were watching her cross the street that time. 

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

"When He's Tryna Play But You Have Receipts." 

I must figure out a way to use this in a conversation. 

22 hours ago, M.F. Luder said:

I was able to watch it before it was taken down. Lenny's reaction was so emotionally disconnected it makes me hope that everything about their relationship is 100% staged, otherwise I feel really sorry for Whitney if she actually believes that this guy was ever genuinely in love with her. 

The clip also showed her dad being relieved that she's not pregnant, and Whit angrily claiming that it's her uterus and her body, and she and her uterus are leaving!! Then she takes Babs to a gay pride march. I'm starting to think this whole pregnancy storyline might be a plot device to add reproductive rights issues to the show to make Whitney look even more like an influential feminist leader. Converting her old-fashioned parents to the new world of sexual liberation.

Christ - I wonder how her family, friends, and her actually live with themselves. So disgusting to put up such a fakery of your life, ignoring all of your health issues, and lead on so many people who many live in the same land of delusion.

Not enough money in the world could make me be that much of a fake or present myself to be such a whining loser. Sad.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Poor Roy! Here's the KISS team discussing their appearance on this episode: Link

Ugh, I just listened--and, surprise surprise--Whitney wasn't answering her phone to come on the air and talk to them.  Nope, she'd rather posts her dubious "receipts" on her Facebook page so all her fans can side with her.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

It's tax season.  We are two elderly people living within their means on less money than Twit is making from TLC.  We pay for everything with a credit card which we pay off every month (no interest charges).  As we looked at our summary for last year, we realized we had spent over $2,300 in restaurants.  To be fair, we were both working until we retired in April, and this includes meals while we were on vacations.  The $2,300 does not include grocery store purchases.

Now that we are retired and living on less, we saw that $2,300 number and realized it was an easy place to cut spending.  I suspect that it's about equal to Whitney's bills from the four pizza places whose apps she uses to order deliveries.  That's where the TLC money is going.  

AZ -- I always pictured you as under 30 -- just that young and hip vibe you give off!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, zoemom said:

Yep all this an more.  I can't see ANY bank giving her a loan to purchase a home.  I'm guessing she's a home owner only in name, Babs and Glen are the true owners.  That lease crap with Buddy, totally staged.

I agree with this. 

Although it would be easy enough to find out - real estate records are public record and you would see if the parents cosigned or not.

At any rate, I do believe she cosigned and not because of affordability. Houses in Greensboro that are older are going to be in the 200-300s, not a humongous chunk of change. I think she probably doesn't have great credit or banks can't count that she will have the TLC funds for enough period of time. Lets be real, TLC is a contract but not a job. If she couldn't prove that she would be expecting those funds for XYZ amount of years, I am imagine it would be very difficult to get full approvals. Once I saw one of the Dance Moms contracts when it was released due to a lawsuit and I imagine a bank would look a little more skeptically on that than say a full time employment job since a reality show star is not a W2 employee but more like a contractor, so I would imagine they would want to see some years of continuity of those earnings and the reality that the earnings would continue.

Her home improvements were not inexpensive so I don't think it was a complete "cheap" remodel.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

AZ -- I always pictured you as under 30 -- just that young and hip vibe you give off!

Nope.  I just turned 70 - at least on the outside.  My heart and attitude are still 30, though!  Thanks for the compliment!

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, lovetheduns said:

I agree with this. 

Although it would be easy enough to find out - real estate records are public record and you would see if the parents cosigned or not.

At any rate, I do believe she cosigned and not because of affordability. Houses in Greensboro that are older are going to be in the 200-300s, not a humongous chunk of change. I think she probably doesn't have great credit or banks can't count that she will have the TLC funds for enough period of time. Lets be real, TLC is a contract but not a job. If she couldn't prove that she would be expecting those funds for XYZ amount of years, I am imagine it would be very difficult to get full approvals. Once I saw one of the Dance Moms contracts when it was released due to a lawsuit and I imagine a bank would look a little more skeptically on that than say a full time employment job since a reality show star is not a W2 employee but more like a contractor, so I would imagine they would want to see some years of continuity of those earnings and the reality that the earnings would continue.

Her home improvements were not inexpensive so I don't think it was a complete "cheap" remodel.

how much do you think she makes from TLC? Surely it wouldn't be that hard to get a loan if you saved up the money for a huge down payment/ or just said forget the bank and paid cash. I guess Im really curious as to what TLC pays her since she couldn't buy a house outright in NC. Maybe it isn't as much as I think ( like maybe 300K a  year? IDK!)

I'm also surprised that at 32 freaking years old and on a TV show  she needed a cosigner- she must have had some debt. And no money to put down?

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 2

I don't know the the details of the mortgage situation.  There could be any number of reasons for that. Maybe, they got a better interest rate with Glenn being on it. Could she even get a life insurance policy to pay the mortgage if she were to die?   People make mistakes, don't have a long employment history, etc.  imo, there's no shame in that.  Young people often aren't able to have independent financing for things like cars or mortgages, whether its 22 or 32.  She's working and building equity, improving the house and trying to be financially responsible.  Is that the same SUV she's been driving since day one?  It broke down last season and she decided to keep it and have it repaired. She doesn't sound like she's foolish with her money. She likely pays her own health insurance too.  That can't be cheap. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

The only other thing I have to add is that I hope Donna drew hazard pay for having to give Twit a "sensual naked massage" on tv.  That's cruel and unusual punishment, that is.  But then, again, Lennie played her boyfriend on tv.....

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

how much do you think she makes from TLC? Surely it wouldn't be that hard to get a loan if you saved up the money for a huge down payment/ or just said forget the bank and paid cash. I guess Im really curious as to what TLC pays her since she couldn't buy a house outright in NC. Maybe it isn't as much as I think ( like maybe 300K a  year? IDK!)

I'm also surprised that at 32 freaking years old and on a TV show  she needed a cosigner- she must have had some debt. And no money to put down?

I can't dig up the post I made at one point, but it seemed like the Dance Moms mom early on got close to a few hundred thousand a year. This included: Actual pay for the season, additional pay for each special/reunion, clothing allowance, child care allowances, bonuses, repairs for house issues (aka messing up floors). I found it the breakdown was:

Per episode during season 3 (39 Episodes 3 Specials):

$6,935.00 for 26 episodes (max) = $180,310 (note this includes her 2 kids at $2100)

If you subtract the kids, the mom would have been paid only $4835 * 26 = $125,710

For season 4 the same rate (if there was a season 4 and there was with 32 episodes and at least 1 special) for a max of 26 episodes = $125,710

Each "special" or reunion at $10,000 each. So say there were 4 that I could count for S3 and S4 = $40,000

Season 3 Cycle Bonus: $40,000

Season 4 Cycle Bonus: $60,000

Holiday Special Bonus for Season 3: $12,500

Season 3 one time clothing allowance: $3500

Babysitting Allowance Weekly Paid: $300 a week (we won't count in total since Whit has no kids)

So grand total for 2 seasons (assuming nothing else was signed) and not counting anything with the kids: $407,000 give or take a few for 2 seasons of reality show about normal people.

I don't think My Big Fat Fabulous Life is that popular.. and Dance Moms got even MORE popular so I imagine the fees were higher as time went on. MBF only has 30 min episodes. But even if she made 100k a year, she would have enough funds to NOT pay for a house out of pocket (I am sure she has other fees) but would have a decent income.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

No, I don't think it has been explained to me why people hate Whitney. I see lots of comments on why she shouldn't be pregnant (too fat), shouldn't expect to have anyone love her (Fat), shouldn't attempt to dance (fat). It all comes back to the same thing. Her parents are not supporting her-they co-signed on the loan. If my son who is now in college wanted me to co-sign a loan I would consider it because the economy is tough right now. Whitney's parents could easily have said no. I think she does make money from the show and whatever else she does, and probably makes enough to pay for her house with a roommmate-so what is there to hate?

If the radio show didn't want Whitney to be on the air, she wouldn't be. They are trying to get publicity. I didn't see Whitney forcing them to air her comments. I don't think you have the right to tell me I need to hate someone because you say so-I still get to make up my own mind. Would I be best friends with her? No, but I stand firm in my belief that these types of comments would never appear if Whitney was a size 2. Lots of girls who can't dance appear on TV all the time-they are never called disgusting pigs. Lots of TV shows feature immature adults-they may be called clueless or dumb, never the hateful terms thrown around here. 

@Madding crowd - No. I don't hate Twitney because of her weight. I pity her for that.  My dislike for Twit stems from the fact that she is:

1. disrespectful: the way she treats Babs, Glen and her so called barnacle of "friends".  Without show, she wouldn't have anyone except maybe her parents.

2. Disgusting: She's a slob.  From the way she dresses down to her personal hygiene and habits.  I've seen some lovely large actresses and models (case in point - Chrissy Metz) and they hold themselves like a lovely human being. Having her mom shave her legs, her eating habits, need I go on??? Worse than Mama June after hot yoga.

3. Crude/crass:  Speaking of Mama June - I can forgive her crudeness/crass attitude as she wasn't brought up properly. Meanwhile, Twitney was brought up by Babs who seems to be a proper southern lady. So can someone please explain to me how they ended up with a crass crude child like Twit?

4. Narcissistic : The girl is just stupid. From her me me me attitude to this new attitude that Roy was after my hot bod because of the text messages screams narcissism. Just because you text with someone who is the opposite sex doesn't mean he's attracted to you.  This isn't When Harry Met Sally dumbass.

That's just to name a few. I hate watch. I'm honest.  But she is a disgusting person. Despite her size. Oh and one more thing - I don't give a rats ass if you are a size 2 hottie or a size 42 overweight girl - TLC - I do not want to see any gal (or guy) drop their pants to go to the bathroom. 

• Love 22

I think she/TLC went over the line on this pregnancy story line; that's going to alienate a lot of people, & turn many others into 'hate watchers'.

The show has become more & more *obviously* scripted over the seasons, & they're doing more just for 'shock' value, but it's just becoming offensive &/or downright stupid.

What irks me is when these reality folks start doing a Kate8 with the -I'm a celebrity love me & if you don't you're just a hater crap-. I don't do FB but from what I hear she's soaking in her koolaide drinking luvers.  Her ego has grown as large as she is & that's the kind of thing that bothers me.

Size has nothing to do with bad attitude, which is obvious from all the other reality 'superstars' out there.

I'm curious what, if any, backlash there will be from the pregnancy stunt, but most likely any 'hate' will be deleted.

• Love 8

In the preview why is she acting like such a bitch when Babs is saying it's ok if she's bi? Honestly, if somebody said that to me, I would know exactly what they were talking about. Duh. What's with, "Bi WHAT?" She's so terrible to her parents. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Honey said:

I checked, and her Father and her are both listed as borrowers.

Are we allowed to post the link to the Guilford County Assessor site here?  It's really easy to pull up the info on her house on there by searching her name if anyone wants to see it.  She bought it for $221,000.  It's listed in her name only, unless I am missing something.  Compared to if you look up her dad's name, you only find his house with the mom also listed as an owner. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

When this show first aired, I liked Whitney. She was funny and likeable--human with flaws, but without the ridiculous antics of more recent episodes. 

I started disliking her when she refused to take any responsibility for her condition and blamed everyone and everything but herself. I started disliking her when she became mad defensive when people called her out, including her trainer. She refuses to admit she eats too much (again, called out by her trainer). You can't say ANYTHING to Whitney unless it agrees with her agenda.

Lots of women have PCOS. It's harder for them but weight gain can be managed. Lots of women have histories of eating disorders, myself included (anorexia nervosa). It's tough trying to manage diet/fitness with a past like that but if one wants to be fit, it needs to be done. 

It's hard to root for someone who can't accept any responsibility and who cries whenever she's questioned, even if it's from a place of concern. No one says you have to hate her--I just don't like the side show she's become, still thinking her life is fab.

Edited by Runnergirl
  • Love 11

Co-signing does not always show up in county records. Where I live in Utah , many young couples buy huge new homes. I asked a broker who said at least 8  out of 10 of his deals have a co-signer yet when I pull up couples I know had a co-signer it doesn't always show. 

I wondered why Buddy has to pay rent? By living in that house, he is agreeing to have a film crew there all the time. He is obviously paid for the show, so why can't he just endorse a check or two for filming over to Whitney if she insists on rent. How easy would it be to find another roommate? Unless someone is looking to be on tv, who would want to live with the filming. While the filming looks easy, it takes forever to do one of the scences. I have watched reality tv filmed and participated in filming and you would not believe the retakes and time it takes for a short segement. 

As for pay, it is less then what most people think but certainly enough to pay for housing. The real money is not what the production pays per episode, it is  the extra money for reunions, product placement, and other deals the "star" gets. Based on the 10% of production rule and past tlc shows confirmed rates, my guess is she is making $150k a season not including any of the extras or freebies. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 2

The biggest issue about the mortgage for me isn't so much that her parents co-signed the mortgage (though I'll get to why it's a issue). It's that Whitney cannot afford to make the mortgage payments on her own. She needs a paying tenant and the one she has isn't keeping up on his rent. So there is a real risk of her falling behind on her payments and eventually having the house foreclosed on.

And if that happens, it won't only be Whitney who gets screwed. Her parents will also be on the hook and their credit rating will be trashed. For an older couple that should be looking to their retirements, that's the last thing that they'd need.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

The biggest issue about the mortgage for me isn't so much that her parents co-signed the mortgage (though I'll get to why it's a issue). It's that Whitney cannot afford to make the mortgage payments on her own. She needs a paying tenant and the one she has isn't keeping up on his rent. So there is a real risk of her falling behind on her payments and eventually having the house foreclosed on.

And if that happens, it won't only be Whitney who gets screwed. Her parents will also be on the hook and their credit rating will be trashed. For an older couple that should be looking to their retirements, that's the last thing that they'd need.

Oh, that doesn't worry me at all.  A lot of drama is needed for these shows.  Since Buddy has nothing much to do, I guess that they had to figure something for him to fight over with Whit.  Notice they have some kind of fight every season.  Recall when they played the couples game last season and really got into it. It's some kind of fight each season.  So, that's my take on it.  Also, Glenn wouldn't let Whitney lose the house. If she wasn't able to pay, he's tied her over, place it on the market and sell it.  I don't see that happening.  Whitney probably can do pretty well doing personal appearances and small jobs, that's enough to make the mortgage payment.  It can't be that much.  It only cost around $200,000.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5

It really isn't a good idea to 1)assume that your friend is gonna help you with YOUR mortgage and 2) Go into a landlord/tenant relationship with your friends without signing a lease. It is just asking for trouble, especially when you are just deciding a couple months in to do this. 

Even though we were engaged when we moved in, my fiance and I still got together to organize who pays how much for rent/utilities. Then again we are also both functioning adults. Then again I force him to watch this stuff, as well as, vanderpump rules so he might get rid of me sooner.:)

• Love 4

I don't think the party co-signing the loan necessarily gets put on the Deed.  

As far as needing a co-signer (even with her TLC $), whatever she's earned so far (that she hasn't burned through) would be her assets.  And I think when it comes to qualifying for a loan the lender is going to look more at income than assets.  It seems like Whitney has a shitty work history, and the lender apparently isn't putting a lot of faith in TLC as a long-term employment prospect.

• Love 1

Speaking of Buddy, does anyone remember what he looked like during season 1? Overweight but still cute. Now he seems so lethargic and unhealthy looking and unable to speak clearly. I know he has to live with Whitney for filming purposes but man he's really changed. 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, BigBernard said:

She wouldn't be on tv if she was size 2.  She has no discernible talent whatsoever (apart from eating).  She is a horrible person - fat or not.

Right. The show's title alone says it all. Without the "fat" she is just an unemployed, talentless 30 year old that still mooches off her parents. Not unusual, but not exactly show worthy.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

It's very kind of people to hope that Whit did not have a miscarriage because of the emotional pain, but I don't believe Whit would have cared. If she had been pregnant, she would have used it to continue to manipulate her family, friends, and fans, but ultimately she would have been relieved to miscarry.

I agree. I think she would secretly have been hoping for a miscarriage. She can't pay her f*ing mortgage!!! AND a baby would upstage her and as Todd said back when they were doing auditions for the big WERKout video - Twit will make sure that every knows SHE is the star. Ugh. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'd like to see the Deed of Trust.  Does one appear?  I didn't see it listed. 

generally, isn't it the mortgage lien that would show any cosigners?  I know where I live you can see it online, but i'm too lazy to look hers up.

Edited to add - her dad should have hooked her up with a financial planner when he cosigned the house with her.  I REALLY HOPE HE DID THAT!

Edited by notyrmomma
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I could see her maybe not having the credit score or established enough credit to get a loan without the parental cosigner. It doesn't sound like she's had much of a career pre-TLC to establish any credit. And if mom and dad have helped pay for things along the way, that would be even less of an opportunity for her to establish credit in her own name. Now, for them to cosign on the loan knowing (if they knew and/or if she really can't afford the monthly payments) she couldn't make the mortgage - that's irresponsible of them. To help her get a loan knowing she can handle the monthly payments - okay. Fair enough and lucky her that she has parents willing and able to help in that way. 

I think the description of this as a second-rate (third-rate?) side-show is pretty accurate at this point. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

The biggest issue to me is definitely that they consigned because that means she's a woman in her 30's whose debt to income ratio sucks so bad, or her credit is so bad that she needed a co-signer. It's not like she's young and just now trying to establish credit therefore needing a consigner. She has been terrible with her money and should have been told to fix her debt problem before she can buy a house. Instead of making her take responsibility and deal with the consequences, here comes daddy glen to make sure his special snowflake gets what she wants. So now she can call him up and say she can't make her payment and he has no choice but to pay it for her because it's now his ass if he doesn't. She is spoiled beyond belief. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

So does Donna pay her any rent?  Or does she get free room & board for boob massages?

HAHAHA now that's funny! That whole scene was so bizarre and it works toward the upcoming "lesbian" story line. No friends do this. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, lovetheduns said:

I wonder how her family, friends, and her actually live with themselves.  So disgusting to put up such a fakery of your life, ignoring all of your health issues, and lead on so many people who many live in the same land of delusion.

I agree with all of the "reasons we hate" posted here, but for me this is #1.  This is why I have disliked Whitney since about season 2, and the friends since season 3, and in this first episode of season 4 Babs and Glen have placed the final straw on this camel's back.  

AnJen good for you on taking control of your life and body!  Yours was my second favorite "haters" post :)

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Wow, I guffawed when the caller asked Roy if he actually did like Whitney, but didn't make a move because he thought she was "too good for him". Kudos to him for staying professional in that moment. Also, they all agree that she is a "serial dater" and probably only zeroed in on Roy because she had just broken up with Lenny and was focusing on any guy who had given her any attention in the past few months who could become her next victim, I mean boyfriend. It was a pretty funny clip. Poor Roy indeed!

• Love 8