Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E02: Wedding Photo Shoot

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Canada said:

I really haven't been paying attention because I didn't even notice someone had a nose ring.

It's the one who, the first night, said something about Nick having balls, and she had balls too - and flipped out her "nose balls" - some creepy nose ring thing that flips up to hide it, and flips down to be two little balls.   Weird.

ETA - oops, it was just answered, I didn't see that.   Anyway, I've seen teens with piercings like that  -  that can be flipped up or down, so you can look cool in front of friends, and your parents never know you had the piercing.    No offense, but nose piercings seem incredibly weird to me.  When I talk to someone who has one, I can't help but get distracted by it.  And I wonder about sneezing, allergies, runny nose,  boogers/mucus collecting on the metal, etc.  (shudder)

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, backformore said:

Anyway, I've seen teens with piercings like that  -  that can be flipped up or down, so you can look cool in front of friends, and your parents never know you had the piercing.

Teens have been doing that for decades. My cousin got that flippy septum piercing when she was a teen 20-some years ago. Hers didn't have balls though. I don't think her parents ever found out.

8 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Who is Chad?

Short answer: a walking, talking (screaming) steroid who appeared on JoJo's season and the most recent Bachelor in Paradise

Long answer: just think of every single red flag or bad vibe you get when meeting a first date; all those little signals that tell you RUN. Chad is all of that distilled into one person. 

• Love 9

Don't get me wrong, I am a Nick fan. I have liked him form Andi's season.

But I do think he is a producer's puppet and will do what they request. I think the whole Corrine thing is an example of the.

• Love 5

I heart Christen.  Like fully and 100%.  Would totally hang out with her in real life.

Has it been mentioned that Raven looks like Katie Holmes? I cannot stand her accent or dolphin girl's accent.  Not their fault but still it grates. Also, Taylor reminds me of Caila.

Who does Lacey look like?  It's driving me crazy!

Liz Liz Liz.  Way to embarrass yourself.  Nope, girl.  That was bad.  You wanted him to want you. Didn't happen.  And you did it all on tv!  Congrats.  She reminded me of the two-faced girl on Seinfeld.  Pretty in some scenes/light.  And then not so much on bad lighting.  Not an ugly girl though.

Hopefully the girls reaction shots for next week aren't in regards to Nick and Liz having sex.  I'm sure he's had sex with a ton of women since his last stint on a Bachelor show.  Who cares?

Does Nick's mouth move when he talks?

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

But I do think he is a producer's puppet and will do what they request.

So, he's exactly like every other person that has ever been on this show. LOL Seriously, I bet most of these people are completely different if you meet them in the real world, but they want the money they will get from being minor celebs and will do whatever the puppet masters tell them. All of them. It's part of being on the show.

I think he is a bit less submissive than some, actually, or at least that he doesn't buy into it as much as some. You can see it in his face at times. He knows this is all a huge joke, but he wants that fame so he's going through the motions.

• Love 6

Corrine is actually a poor "villain" because she's not fun to watch. I like my villains snarky and bitchy. She's just insecure and embarrassing, which is just sad. Even Kelsey Poe and her delusion is more interesting to watch than her.

I honestly don't know how the US franchise find these girls. I just recently got into the Australian Bachelor franchise and 99% of the ladies and men for both the Bach/ Bachelorette are so well-adjusted and normal that it is quite a change of pace watching this. There is also much more focus on SEX on the US series. And unsurprisingly, 5 out of 6 couples of the show are still together, which is a higher success rate.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Hopefully the girls reaction shots for next week aren't in regards to Nick and Liz having sex.  I'm sure he's had sex with a ton of women since his last stint on a Bachelor show.  Who cares?

I agree, Liz goes home, why would they care that he had a one-night stand with her in the past?  He sent her home!

I think it's the women  reacting to Nick/Corrine hook-up.   Reminds me of Kaitlyn's season when she was sneaking around with Nick. 

10 minutes ago, Bugs Meany said:

How can I say this without sounding condescending? I can't believe anyone thought The Slap would be real.

Do you mean when previews showed a contestant (Josephine) presumably so angry at Nick that she slapped him? I can't speak for everyone else but I think most viewers have learned you can never trust what you see in the previews with their selective editing to heighten drama.

10 hours ago, AudreyHorne said:

I said to my husband "I soooooo need Corinne and Chad to be the It Couple in paradise this summer" and he said "Yes!  That is the thing America needs and deserves right now."

You and your husband are good people.

1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

I heart Christen.  Like fully and 100%.  Would totally hang out with her in real life.

I read 'heart' as 'hate' at first and I was aghast lol. Christen is so cute, I also heart her.

50 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

He knows this is all a huge joke, but he wants that fame so he's going through the motions.

This is how Nick comes off to me, too. It's the main reason I enjoy him.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, waving feather said:

Corrine is actually a poor "villain" because she's not fun to watch. I like my villains snarky and bitchy. She's just insecure and embarrassing, which is just sad.

I thought the same. She's really kind of minor league compared to some. Olivia was much more fun to hate with her delusional thoughts and often condescending attitude to the other women. And that gaping mouth! She was so delusional at times you felt sorry for laughing.

Corrine on the other hand elicits no sympathy from me. She's just a spoiled, pampered, obnoxious rich kid who doesn't have a clue.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 6

Liz is a two-face because she's okay in the upper face but has an overbite, giant jaw and chin, and creepy smile thing that she does that makes her ugly. Here is an example but it gets worse as she holds the expression (for a looong time)

ugly.png

Edited by mingming
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, yorklee2 said:

Do you mean when previews showed a contestant (Josephine) presumably so angry at Nick that she slapped him? I can't speak for everyone else but I think most viewers have learned you can never trust what you see in the previews with their selective editing to heighten drama.

I don't what the percentage is but SO many people fell for it. When the preview first aired, I saw a million Instagram comments along the lines of "OMG this season is gonna be crazy!! 0_0" And post-episode: "OMG I can't believe that was fake, I'm so mad."

• Love 1
2 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Liz Liz Liz.  Way to embarrass yourself.  Nope, girl.  That was bad.  You wanted him to want you. Didn't happen.  And you did it all on tv!  Congrats.  She reminded me of the two-faced girl on Seinfeld.  Pretty in some scenes/light.  And then not so much on bad lighting.  Not an ugly girl though.

You had me at the cultural reference!   I concur.

1 hour ago, waving feather said:

I honestly don't know how the US franchise find these girls. I just recently got into the Australian Bachelor franchise and 99% of the ladies and men for both the Bach/ Bachelorette are so well-adjusted and normal that it is quite a change of pace watching this. There is also much more focus on SEX on the US series. And unsurprisingly, 5 out of 6 couples of the show are still together, which is a higher success rate.

So true!  Survivor boasts that they actually have a better rate of marriages within their franchise than with this franchise.  They aren't even trying.

• Love 3

Christen annoys the shit out of me.  She's the worst kind of gossip.  "Oh, I know something, but I'm not going to tell you because it's not my place."  Don't be so smugly superior.  Even initiating the conversation showing that you know something makes you a gossip and showed that you somehow thought you were special.  You were just trying to stir things up, but act the innocent.  I wanted to punch her stupid chipmunk face for that.

• Love 10

I mostly like Christen but I have to agree her coy "oh, I know what they are talking about but, oops, it isn't my place to tell so jump to your own conclusions" coupled with her over the top reaction at the stupid breakup play. You could tell she was just begging someone to ask her what she thought was going on. I think she likes being "in the know" in a rather obnoxious way.

Not sure how I feel about her so easily telling Nick what Liz told her, mainly because I don't know if Liz told her in a "please don't tell anyone" kind of way or if they would even consider each other friends, or if Liz just picked the first warm body she could find...or, maybe she realized Christen is a bit of a gossip and told her hoping it would spread. Actually, I'm now leaning towards the last option.

She reminds me soo much of a hamster from Top Model who was known as the "Disney Girl" That it is distracting as hell for me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bugs Meany said:

I don't what the percentage is but SO many people fell for it. When the preview first aired, I saw a million Instagram comments along the lines of "OMG this season is gonna be crazy!! 0_0" And post-episode: "OMG I can't believe that was fake, I'm so mad."

Lol....must be new viewers. Otherwise they should have know better.

Edited by yorklee2

Sadly I think a good number of long time viewers don't quite "get it" and take the show at face value. Don't underestimate the stupid out there people! I think the general audience don't actually pay that much attention so they just believe what they see. I know I work with a few.

• Love 5

Give Corinne enough champaign and she'll soon enough become very unattractive to Nick.  She got close Monday night.  Her hair was a mess - not sure if that was part of the "beach wedding" look or not, but it remained a mess throughout the episode.  I feel certain Nick was told he had to give her the group date rose.  He did not look comfortable with her interrupting his conversations - there was a long pause before he said, ".....sure."  And he pulled away from her rather forcefully and stood up while she was kissing him.

So she was first one on first base and first one at second base.  She's throwing herself at him and I'm sure he's getting annoyed.  Then it was comical in her slurred speech to the other women on how things were going to get awkward but first and foremost, we're here for ourselves, or is it we're here for Nick?  I really think the promos are the women's reactions to Corinne and not about Liz.

I'm sure there's a lot of editing, but Corinne is giving them lots of material to work with.

• Love 1

I know this is all kinds of wrong but I don't think Jaimi [sic] would be on the show, or staying for a few episodes, without the bi angle. By show standards she is not attractive.

Surprised the authenticity of Corinne's boobs has not come up. They look real to me (which doesn't mean they are real). Compare hers to the hemispheres on Alexis. When Corinne is floating on the pool raft in her intro, she looks average chested. That made me think they're real or not-obvious implants.

entire post

You are the MVP of this forum and all forums on all the Internets.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

I have no issues with him letting Liz go, but the show's narrative of "Liz may not be here for Nick, but to be on TV because she didn't try to contact him before the show" is HIGHLY ironic for a Bachelor who continues to leverage this franchise to "find love." I mean, any other season...it would still be over-dramatic.  But at least I wouldn't be chuckling at the irony.

Yea. Very ironic for the story line to be about liz using the show to become famous when that is the same exact story that Nick has. Pot meet kettle.

Anyone who actually is interested in nick should just exit the show now because there is no shot in hell that he will stay with whoever he chooses for more than 6 months. I think he thinks hes too good for any woman anywhere and will continue to appear on bachelor stints for the next 10 years. Even though Ben was boring, he at least was using the role as the bachelor to actually find the normal in the bunch. Nick is just a producer puppet version of Juan pablo.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Girl second from the left above...don't know her name.  But she looked EXACTLY like Alexis Arquette in The Wedding Singer.

She absolutely did. That whole look was extremely unfortunate, particularly on her, it accentuated her small head. Plus, the hair was terrible even by 80s standards, it just looked like a giant mess. I would have been so mad to get a challenge that involved professional hairstyling and wound up with THAT. 

I watched this part again yesterday and noticed that Corinne's lips seem to be all cracked and creased in her interviews when she was getting ready. It seems odd in someone so young.

[Christen] is cute. She reminds me of someone (old TV show maybe?) but can't place her.

I can't place her either and it really bugs me. She definitely looks like somebody very specific and I can't pinpoint it. 

• Love 1

Some thoughts on Danielle:

She is by far the prettiest gal on the show, but she and Nick really don't seem into each other so far.  Nick is pretty quick-witted, and he's most attractive to me when he's being funny and playing off of the person he's with. He's a real "yes, and..." guy -- which kind of showed when he was doing the break-up scenes. Danielle doesn't seem to bring that out in him. Now, she DID bring up a dead fiance, so that obviously dictated the tone of the date, BUT (and this may be a shitty question to ask) why did she bring up the dead fiance on the first date? She complained that the dead fiance has been a showstopper in past relationships, so why not hold off? It happened five years ago, she's obviously had a few relationships since -- does the dead fiance still have to define her? And, it probably doesn't help that she has a tiny, childlike voice and even speaks like a small, shy child might. When I watched her in her intro video, talking about taking care of those babies, I thought of my two year old daughter and the way she talks about all of her baby dolls. Danielle is very sweet, but far too simple and innocent for this show and/or format of dating. 

But again, she has an extremely pretty face. 

11 minutes ago, saltycheese said:

why did she bring up the dead fiance on the first date? She complained that the dead fiance has been a showstopper in past relationships, so why not hold off? 

Because the producers wanted her to.

• Love 5

The only two I give a damn about are Shark Dolphin Girl, and Super Curly Girly.  When Super Curly Girly was teasing Whathisface about stealing chicks away from him, it was awesome.

What's this joker's name again?  Nick?  I think he's a total douche.

ETA:  Come on.  Celebrating the one-year birthday for your boobs?  How awesome is that?

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Tara Ariano said:

In case you missed it, here's the Previously.TV post on the episode!

2017-01-10-bachelor-header.jpg

I think the blonde on the right standing up wearing a strapless dress & pearls looks like the actress who played Lucy on Seventh Heaven.  And I think Vegas wedding woman looks like Haley from Modern Family.

13 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I think the blonde on the right standing up wearing a strapless dress & pearls looks like the actress who played Lucy on Seventh Heaven.  And I think Vegas wedding woman looks like Haley from Modern Family.

I'm just now noticing the crouching bride (zero idea what her name is, please help?) on the right, pretending to either drink from the tin can, or speak into it like a tin-can-and-string-telephone, and I'm so into it

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, alannaofdoom said:

I'm just now noticing the crouching bride (zero idea what her name is, please help?) on the right, pretending to either drink from the tin can, or speak into it like a tin-can-and-string-telephone, and I'm so into it

That's Hailey (sp?) from Vancouver who doesn't wear panties.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, saltycheese said:

why did she bring up the dead fiance on the first date? She complained that the dead fiance has been a showstopper in past relationships, so why not hold off?

2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Because the producers wanted her to.

You could be right @chocolatine but people do tend to go on and on about something like that.  Look at Nancy Grace her fiance was killed and now she has been married for years and has two kids and still goes on and on...

Corinne has a nanny?  Do we need to change all the dictionaries to include the new "reinterrupted" term.  I am going to use that from now on.

Why do I watch this crap?

Edited by jumper sage

^no, so far, not ringing my bells, but thanks for all the trying! It's the up-turned nose and the way her mouth is shaped that is reminding me of somebody.

ETA I'm thinking it may be Mackenzie Phillips from One Day at a Time (though she wasn't as cute):

1000509261001_1990880842001_Bio-Biograph

Edited by dleighg
On 1/10/2017 at 2:05 PM, wings707 said:

Oh I can think of many.  Let me start with Brooks from Des' season.

Brooks_Forester_modeling-490x653.jpg

Blech.  Not my type. At all.  I mean, i can understand why he appeals to some, but i find his face to be a weird mash up of very masculine features (chin, nose) and very feminine ones (cheekbones, lips).  And then you add in the beady eyes. Nope. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Bugs Meany said:

How can I say this without sounding condescending? I can't believe anyone thought The Slap would be real.

Well, this is Nick we're talking about.  I'm kinda surprised he hasnt been slapped a few times on the show already.  

;)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, fib said:

Blech.  Not my type. At all.  I mean, i can understand why he appeals to some, but i find his face to be a weird mash up of very masculine features (chin, nose) and very feminine ones (cheekbones, lips).  And then you add in the beady eyes. Nope. 

Same. He looks good in that picture but I remember him kind of sweaty and greasy when he was on Des' season. And looks aside, he has weird mannerisms and I couldn't understand why Des was so attracted to him. Her husband Chris is much better looking than Brooks.

• Love 6

Everyone has different tastes, which is why it's annoying to me that so many bachelors seem pretty similar, big, muscly jock types. I found Brooks more attractive on the show than in that picture but I never understood what anyone saw in Arie. I find Nick the hottest bachelor so far. His combo of boyish awkwardness and snarky humor appeal to me, but I can also see why some don't like him. Because that's not their type. I'm just glad it wasn't Luke because I find him incredibly unattractive (while others swooned over him). Fortunately most of these "ladies" are just on the show to up their social media cred so they can sell stuff on Instagram because IMO Luke and Nick couldn't be more different, and if you were really going on the show for Luke and found out it was Nick...talk about being blindsided! haha Kind of like the guys who wanted Britt and got Kaitlyn. Again, two VERY different women that would appeal to very different men.

As for these women, I don't think many of them care who the bachelor is. Hell, they might even be happy if it's someone they aren't attracted to so they won't get distracted on their path to being bachelorette or getting on BIP so they can up their "fame".

• Love 2

I didn't think Brooks was good looking at all. I mean maybe in that one airbrushed picture with perfect hair. But it was clear on the show that he doesn't really look like that. 

Arie I think was the closest they got to a not-typical Bachelor. He is slight; not jocky; a little more cerebral. And the funny thing is I didn't find him attractive until I saw his personality. And plus it seemed obvious he was a really good kisser.

• Love 4

While i think Nick is more my type physically than a lot of the football bro types that have graced this series, I do think there have been some hunks.  Andrew Firestone? Yum.  

I also think the string of fairhaired leads in the middle of the series were pretty handsome (Brad, Andy Baldwin, and Travis Stork). But they tended to be cute/jocks rather than sexy to me.  

I think for sheer sexiness, Nick's approach is good, and Arie was sexy. There was also the black-and-white cookie guy on andi's season - marquel, I think?  And i aways thought Ashley's JP was sexy.  I think the challenge though is there is a mystery to sexiness, and mystery doesnt play well on this show when you are one of 25-30 trying to stand out and make yourself famous. (I think this is why Juan Pablo came across as sexy on Desiree's season - he lack of native fluency in english, which was really a communication challenge, played as sexiness). Nick seems to have a little mystery though, he's so fresh in terms of his approach to the show (in his 4th appearance, ha!)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bunky1412 said:

But the slap did, indeed, look real and I still think it went too far. 

It was definitely not a stage slap. She hauled off and hit him, for real. I, too, think that was too far. I would be thinking twice about keeping a girl around who thinks it's funny to hit people with pretty full force as a joke. That wasn't a playful hit. It was a real slap, just not for the reason the promo tried to imply.

• Love 4

So my mom was at my house when I started watching this last night, which means that I got the highly entertaining pleasure of introducing her to the trainwreck that is this show in general, and Corinne in particular. My mother is no delicate little flower innocent or anything, but this was her first exposure to this franchise and its deep, deep level of trash, and she was just all "What the ever-loving fuck is going on?" So entertaining, and now I wish she could watch it with me every week.

On the subject of Corinne... Oh my goodness. I read the recap and this forum before I watched, so I more or less knew what to expect, but hoo boy. She's special. Her oblivious self-righteous ire over being "re-interrupted" might be one of the greatest things I've ever seen on this show. I might be over it in a few weeks, but for now, much as I don't usually like to see such behaviour rewarded, I'm kind of hoping she sticks around a while to entertain me with her sheer cluelessness about how humans behave.

Re. Josephine (the one who slapped him), I'm torn. I kind of like her quirkiness, but I also agree that to allow that slap as a bit of harmless fun is highly double-standardy and not at all OK. I'm wondering, though, if she took her cue from that initial "breakup" they were treated to, which also included a slap? And probably she has no idea how to execute a good fake slap and likely hit him harder than she actually intended to... But at the end of the day, she still hit him, so... I don't know.

And Liz... Yeesh, what the hell was that? If she wanted to base her breakup scenario on their hookup, fine, but that didn't read at all like a breakup. It was just some "heartfelt" confession that, like Nick said, made less and less sense the more she said. I have no idea what to make of this woman. I did kind of laugh at Christen, though, as she was treated to endless discussion of the hookup (which happened where, again?). But by the second outfit change, her face was kind of saying "Oh my god, are we still on this?"

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kingshearte said:

I'm wondering, though, if she took her cue from that initial "breakup" they were treated to, which also included a slap?

I posted about this very thing earlier. I think she did take her cue from that and thought childishly that if they did it she could too. It's obvious that she didn't try to soften the blow at all and hit him with full force. Which kind of cancels the idea that it was all done in fun but she struts off the stage like she deserved an Oscar for that performance..lol. I would be surprised if she stayed past a couple more episodes.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

I posted about this very thing earlier. I think she did take her cue from that and thought childishly that if they did it she could too. It's obvious that she didn't try to soften the blow at all and hit him with full force. Which kind of cancels the idea that it was all done in fun but she struts off the stage like she deserved an Oscar for that performance..lol. I would be surprised if she stayed past a couple more episodes.

She was also the one who visibly pouted through the photoshoot because of her bridesmaid status and told Nick he tasted like another girl when she finally got to kiss him. She's toast. Personally, I think she's easily the least attractive one left and I have yet to see her have any kind of spark with Nick, so she's cannon fodder anyway, but belting him full force in the face can't have helped. 

• Love 2