Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in Other Roles

Watched Tatiana play young Helen Mirren in Woman in Gold last night.  (She and Charles Dance in the same movie?  My little geeky heart could hardly stand it.)  Big shoes to fill but she did so admirably.

• Love 2

The James Frain discussion is amusing because, sure enough, he's already got another gig: a regular role on Gotham next season.  I do hope he still has time to pop in on this show.  Gotham tends to be lenient with it's use of some of the regulars, and his role strikes me as someone who might not need to be in every episode.

And Gotham shoots in New York so Toronto is close enough for him to pop in from time to time.

The only person I know in real life (despite frequent efforts to get others to watch!) told me something amazing.  Her son-in-law co-wrote a memoir of one of the Boston Marathon victims, and it's being made into a movie.  Tatiana is playing the victim's girlfriend and eventual wife, and her sil is getting to meet her.  And the premiere will be, appropriately, in Boston.  She might get to go to it and I told her I would be her handbag, her attendant, her whatever if she could finagle me along!  She said worst case scenario we could stand across the street and yell how much we love her!  I think the movie is called Stronger, but not 100% on that.

Just caught Tatiana in one episode (season 1, episode 8, 2009) of the Canadian series The Listener. She played a traumatized rape victim, and displayed her fantastic acting chops even then.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Ailianna said:

I work with the writer's mother-in-law and she passed me this trailer too.  Apparently the more people who click the trailer, the more marketing money they get.   FYI.

Clicked. But wow. Too intense for me.

Michael Mando (Vic) was mentioned a few years ago for his role on the Breaking Bad spinoff Better Call Saul. This past season was the first time he got some really meaty storylines. It's amazing how different he seems on BCS (and how different he looks, even).

(It's difficult for me to recommend the show overall unless you have a tolerance for the slowest of slow burns, but he's very, very good when he appears in it. It's possible the next season will pick up the pace a bit. God, I hope. If it does, Mando is likely to have a larger role (my opinion only, don't want to say more without spoiling).) 

Just watched Woman in Gold on Netflix, and Tatiana did great as a younger version of Helen Mirren's character. Most of her lines are in German since the character is Austrian, and while Tatiana's German wasn't quite up to scratch to sound native, it was an impressive effort. She sure likes the challenging roles.

• Love 2
On 6/11/2017 at 5:43 PM, MissLucas said:

Kevin Hanchard popped up in Wynonna Earp's season premiere as evil black ops guy. And Andrew Moodie - Rachel's smooth new henchman - was on Dark Matter as wise tutor.

Kevin Hanchard also just popped up in People of Earth as an FBI agent who either is an alien or works for them.

• Love 1
On 8/29/2017 at 9:36 AM, Matt K said:

Kevin Hanchard also just popped up in People of Earth as an FBI agent who either is an alien or works for them.

Also just spotted him in Tin Star with Tim Roth playing a Reverend.  Seems to be a recurring role; not major but he's been in every episode I've seen so far.

On 17.5.2018 at 4:16 AM, SomeTameGazelle said:

Kristian Bruun is in the new series Carter with Jerry O'Connell.

Geez, that's where I know him from. I watched 'Carter' and just couldn't place him. The same just happened with a character in 'It Takes Two' - I needed IMDB to place the youngish coroner with the English accent (duh!): Jordan Gavaris.

Tatiana Maslany is appearing in Mary Page Marlowe at the 2econd Stage Theater now through August 12:

If you looked back on eleven moments from your life, would you recognize yourself, or would you see a stranger? Mary Page Marlowe is a seemingly ordinary accountant from Ohio who has experienced pain and joy, success and failure. In this sweeping but intimate play, Tracy Letts gives us a haunting portrait of a complex woman, demonstrating how a series of forgotten moments can add up to one memorable life. 

I just saw Network and it was very good.  And Tatiana, as always, was amazing.  It was a Saturday matinee, which was my mistake--with another show to do the same day they didn't come out for signing.  I thought that since it's Broadway Cares in November I could get a signed Playbill without having to actually stalk her down, but since they are still technically in previews, they weren't participating.

The show was amazing though. A highly complex mix of tech and video and live theatre.  They have live camera feeds showing some of the action on big screens while it is being acted out on stage--she and Tony Goldwyn have a scene where they literally walk outside on the street and it's video relayed into the theatre, then they walk back in via a side door, and continue the scene interrupted on stage.  Her character is very amoral, and is interested in ratings and promotion above all else; she doesn't even seem to realize that there is another way to be.  If you have the money to spend and are in NYC, it's worth while.  I had a stage seat (which was definitely in the money!), but it was great, and we got served dinner during the show as well.

• Love 1