Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in Other Roles

Tatiana Maslany will be starring in an indie film called The Paper Store with Penn Badgley (aka Dan Humphrey from Gossip Girl):

The story follows a former college student who forges essays for cash, the client who becomes her lover, and their professor.

In other Orphan Black cast news, Petals in the Wind is slated to air on Lifetime on Memorial Day weekend! Dylan Bruce is reprising his role as Bart Winslow. It's going to be cheesetastic! Trailer:

Tatiana Maslany in talks to join Woman in Gold

Helen Mirren and Ryan Reynolds will star in the true story of a Holocaust survivor’s (Mirren) crusade to get back her long-lost family heirlooms including Gustav Klimt paintings from the Austrian government 60 years after Nazi soldiers stole them from her home. Reynolds will play the attorney who took her case.

Maslany will play a young Mirren in the flashback scenes.

• Love 3
(edited)

Michiel Huisman gets around.   In addition to playing Cal, he's also taken over the role of Daario on Game of Thrones.  Treme, Nashville... he's been busy.

Edited by TooMuchCoffee
(edited)

Anyone catch this past Saturday's SNL? Tatiana had a cameo in one of the show's Digital Shorts, lip syncing a few verses to a song via phone to former SNL cast member Andy Samberg. :-)

Oops this was already posted in the Orphan Black in the Media thread. Sorry!

Edited by Kaboom 2.0

Michelle Forbes will be in A&E's US remake of the French show The Returned, as one of the returning dead.

I loved the original, and her role if unchanged isn't all that good. Hopefully we'll still get a good amount of Marian Bowles.

Zoe de Grand'Maison was in tonight's episode of Motive on ABC. :-) She played the killer, Sasha King. This particular episode aired in Canada back on May 1, 2014, but I didn't make the connection at the time. Surprisingly, she's only 19!

(edited)

Zoe De Grand Maison (Gracie) was in tonight's episode of Motive as the killer (which isn't a spoiler, that's the premise of the show, knowing who the killer is in advance and then trying to figure out why). (Dang, got beaten to the punch by @JKG)

Also, I was binge-watching the show Alphas on Netflix today. Tatiana Maslany was in the third episode.

Edited by kariyaki

I was going to mention that I saw Kira on Alphas. About three episodes, I think? The character description for Kira and her Alphas character are strangely similar. Basically: special snowflake daughter.

I've just started watching Lost Girl on Netflix, and Vic is on one of the first season episodes, as a NICE guy!  I also couldn't believe how happy I was to see the actor--he does a great job with Vic and I miss the droll humor.  Also, it's a really long time until new Orphan Black!

• Love 2

TooMuchCoffee:  indeed!.

Michiel Huisman gets around.   In addition to playing Cal, he's also taken over the role of Daario on Game of Thrones.  Treme, Nashville... he's been busy.

I've been bingeing on a serendipitious 'gift' of HBO (Comcast owed us for sins committed......repeated sins) by watching good stuff On Demand.  Finished all 5 seasons of The Wire, now am working my way through S1 of Treme.  And there was Cal, playing guitar and singing on the sidewalk in Baton Rouge.  And, sorry to be totally off subject, but there were Freamon and Bunk from The Wire, too.  Lots of my favorites showing up on Treme.

Nice. How far are you into the season? I must say that Huisman's Sonny started out as one of the most despicable characters on the show. I'll just say that he undergoes some changes as the show progresses.

Still finishing up Season 1 Ankai.  I am loving this series just as I have loved everything that David Simon does.  Back in the day, I woke up happy on Friday nights when I knew that Homicide would be on later that night.  The Wire may be the best television in the history of television.....just my opinion.  And now I'm hooked on Treme.  The funny thing about seeing "Cal" show up on this show is that he looks exactly the same as he does in Orphan Black.  I'm always blown away when an actor I see somewhere later turns up as a musician or dancer.  It gives some perspective of just how much talent is out there.  A surprising number of these multi-talented actors seem to have come through the Carnegie Mellon Fine Arts program.  

In a case of Art imitating life (sorry, couldn't resist), Kevin Hanchard is on stage at the prestigious Shaw Festival playing none other than Martin Luther King Jr. in The Mountaintop. Yes, it's live theatre, so hard for most to take advantage of, but the Festival is worth a visit if anyone is looking for a late summer road trip.

Peter Outerbridge plays Bob Corbett a wounded veteran of WW I in 'Bomb Girls'.  There is another role, that of Marion/Kate's crazy-with-religion father who might have been an eerie parallel with Outerbridge's role as the head of the Prolethians.

Peter Outerbridge plays Bob Corbett a wounded veteran of WW I in 'Bomb Girls'.  There is another role, that of Marion/Kate's crazy-with-religion father who might have been an eerie parallel with Outerbridge's role as the head of the Prolethians.

He also played a transsexual woman in Better than Chocolate.

• Love 1

Omg that is THE best news I have heard all day, thank you for posting! If it's true I will definitely watch the movie in a theater instead of my now-usual "eh, I'll rent/watch it when it's on cable" way of seeing a movie.

• Love 2

Looks like those Star Wars rumors might not be true, since now they are saying that it's Felicity Jones, who will be in that film instead of Tatiana Maslany.  That's too bad, because I really want Tatiana to get exposure to bigger audiences.  She still apparently dropped out of that off-Broadway play, so I wonder if she has something else coming up.

From now on, I don't care if some blogger or reporter claims to have an inside source: Official Statement or I DON'T believe you.

OSOIDBY

Edited by Ankai
  • Love 4

I never trust casting rumours unless they're corroborated by at least three different sources. (And three articles citing the same blog post do not count.)

Besides, it's SOP in Hollywood to float rumours that an actor was cast in a big part so they can get the actor they want to come down on their asking price.

• Love 1

Michael Mando (Vick the Dick) got cast in the Breaking Bad spinoff Better Call Saul. That's pretty awesome.

I love his character, Nacho Varga. Michael Mando describes him as "very intelligent and ambitious..… He’s like a crocodile in a pond that’s absolutely still, and he’s watching your every move. At any moment, he can just snap his jaw. I would say he’s like a young crocodile who wants to feed so he can grow and become the king of the pond—or maybe even the lake."

Ari Millen (male clones) was just in two episodes of 12 Monkeys on SyFy. I spent both those episodes trying to figure out why he looked so familiar, eventually giving up and going to imdb. He looked a lot different.

• Love 1

Yeah, and his acting felt noticeably different from his role in season 2 of OB as well. Maybe they've made the right choice by making him play the male clones, we'll see.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 2

I like seeing actors in other roles, but Shay is Peggy on Turn, and I saw her on Turn first, playing basically the most eligible single woman in the colonies. Jarring. 

• Love 1

James Frain is apparently in every tv show because he popped up on True Detective tonight.

It's funny you say that because I'm doing a rewatch of Fringe and he showed up in a season 1 episode playing a clueless defense attorney of Jared Harris.

• Love 1

He is everywhere.

Just about! I thought he looked familiar so I just looked him up. I swear his goal is to play a small role on every TV show: In Plain Sight, CSI, CSI: Miami, Leverage, Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: CI, Lie to Me, Grey's Anatomy, Fringe, Miami Medical, The Tudors, Medium, The Closer, 24, Empire, and basically dozens more....I'm kind of shocked I didn't realize it before

(edited)

For me, the Frain trajectory has been Leverage (art smuggler), Sleepy Hollow (Mason, an actual good guy!), and now OB.  I must admit that Ferdinand is my favorite of the three; he's so deliciously gleeful about being evil (chaotic neutral?).  I kind of want to see him and Rachel reunited now.  (*light bulb* That still-squicky scene with Paul makes so much more sense in the context of Ferdinand!  I wonder if Daniel was into being dominated, too.  Maybe that was part of the interview for being Rachel's monitor.)

ETA:  Ha!  I knew I was forgetting a show:  Agent Carter.  However, that character is disqualified from consideration on account of

no voicebox = no sexy voice

[very mild spoiler].

Edited by netlyon2

Was he really a baddie though? His job was to reanimate the guy reborn in a little girl. He didn't know it was going to be a little girl. 

JF is always the guy following orders. He just does it really really well and doesn't get hung up on the means.

On OB, chaotic neutral is apt, but from the pov of the clones, he's chaotic good. As soon as he found out the Neos were involved, he made sure he cleaned up that mess. 

Even on Sleepy Hollow, he wasn't so good. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Here's pre-teen Tatiania in incredible Story Studio (a Canadian kids show)

Okay... So that is ... Canadians are so much weirder than I imagined. 

Edited by RachelKM

The James Frain discussion is amusing because, sure enough, he's already got another gig: a regular role on Gotham next season.  I do hope he still has time to pop in on this show.  Gotham tends to be lenient with it's use of some of the regulars, and his role strikes me as someone who might not need to be in every episode.