Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Broken Promises

• Start Topic

Well, that episode was unexpected. The abrupt endings to both storylines and then the twist in both of them was pretty cool.

I not like that the new inhuman's power is speed. Is it speed? Why did he cocoon at the end. I wish the power was different but I hope, like everything else this episode, there's a twist.

Wish Joey was still a Secret Warrior, could have used his metal melting capabilities when the jet was spraying bullets everywhere. Can you imagine being Shield's clean-up crew?

Ugh, my most hated part of this episode was with Phil/Not!Melinda. I swear, if they have sex I might be done with the show. I hope Phil goes slow and figures it out.

What is the point of Coulson not being the director? Didnt he want to be out in the field? Because what's his face is going out now too. I'd rather have Coulson back in the driver's seat with Bobby and Hunter playing agents. Grrrr.

• Love 3

I thought Coulson was being a little cagey with Life May Decoy, actually, up until they got out of the storage room.

I didn't expect Radcliffe to be behind Aida's search for the Darkhold or her capture of May.

Well, hello, Vijay! Oh. Goodbye, Vijay. That was quick. And disappointing. (But I'm confused: I thought only humans without the potential to become Inhuman crumbled to dust when exposed to the Terrigen mist -- Vijay survived the cocoon, manifested powers, and crunched after he died? Henh?)

• Love 2

If Phil doesn't already know that Melinda is not Melinda, just shut it down. She took a break in the middle of a life or death mission to flirt. That's not normal. Also, he told her where the Darkhold was, and Aida had it moments later. Coulson has been dumb in the past, but he can't be that dumb, right?

I'm disappointed that Aida isn't the mastermind. On one hand, as Mack's jokes suggested, it's been done but Mallory Jensen is sooooo good and I liked seeing her at the centre of the plot.

• Love 8

I guess it makes sense that Aida isn't the complete mastermind to the whole plan. It would have been awfully quick for her to be taken over by the book, and have her make a replica of May on her own and concoct all of these plans by herself. But man, I was really hoping that Radcliffe really was just a bumbling idiot. I honestly thought that maybe, she had another one of herself made to be a decoy and go in on these types of missions. Ah, well, at least I was genuinely surprised.

Oh, well, hey Vijay! I guess we'll see you again when you enact revenge on your sister and her creepy employee who tried to kill you without her knowledge! And now there's this Master or Superior or whatever Senator called them? I noticed that they kept gender neutral pronouns there, so we might see another female antagonist, which would be great. This show does well on balancing out the sexes. But yes, Vijay has some sort of Inhuman powers but he's apparently able to re-cocoon? I'm going to guess that his similar power to Yoyo is not the only thing to him. 

I'm going to say it won't be too long until Life May Decoy is figured out but I'm hoping that it doesn't go as far as sex when Coulson figures it out. First off, the show isn't dumb enough to have him not notice during sex. Eerily real or not, he can't just not notice. Second of all, it would be quite the twist if he figured it out during an intimate moment that's not sex, but he creates a plan to use LMD to figure out the endgame. 

Less Daisy, which is what I needed after a Daisy-heavy first half of the season. Plus, her and Director Mace got to hash things out. I do like the Director. He's the perfect example of a morally grey character. He's willing to set aside his own feelings for the good of the team, which is what makes him a good director so far. And we got badass Simmons, so that was great. Her and Fitz still seem like best friends and nothing more. They didn't even share a scene this episode, did they?  

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Mac's robots/movies about robots rants were hilarious, but they maybe hit that button a few too many times.

Yeah, the special robot insurance clause was a bit much.

There's clearly something "special" about Vijay.  First staying in the cocoon 7 months and now being in a cocoon a second time.  My guess is he'll get a new power every time he dies but if that's the case not sure if it would replace the previous one or if he'd have multiple powers.  There's got to be something more after all that buildup.  Looking like an extra from the Matrix is kinda cool visually but not top shelf when it comes to powers.

• Love 2

Vijay = Marvel's Resurrection Man? He'll be interesting for a few months, then nobody will ever think of him again.

MAC 2020!!!!! Yes, he's a little paranoid about Judgement Day taking place without Sarah Conner to bust metal ass with. But dude, he friggin' beheaded Aida!! And he dropped a Small Wonder reference. Given that the theme through May (the month) is "LMD," I should've known this wouldn't be the end of it, but it was a sweet moment. Yes we can . . . decapitate androids!

Over/under on how many shoes May will end up losing up Radcliffe's ass? I'm putting it at 6.5. She will put boots on the wrong foot and kick really hard. Also, I'm hoping Coulson is savvy about Mecha!May, and that the "Darkhold" is actually Mace's candy box.

• Love 7

Drat!  Radcliffe, you bastard!  And to think I kind of liked you, despite my better judgement.  Should have known after Spartacus that a John Hannah character would always have another angle.  I already fear what he and Aida have cooked-up, especially when it comes Decoy Melinda.  He's seems to be the one pushing for her to "seduce" Coulson or something, which, if Coulson is as smart as he is suppose to be, he would have to notice something is up.  Even if there is something there, Melinda wouldn't be as blatant about it as she was.

While they went overboard with it near the end, Mack's rants about robots and how nothing good ever comes out of creating them was cracking me up.  Especially Yo-Yo agreeing with him.  Favorite was probably the crack about Terminator: Salvation, although I wonder if either of them saw Genysis, since that would probably give it a run for its money as the worst Terminator film ever.

So, Ellen is not only in league with the Watch Dogs, she is so into her anti-Inhuman stance, that she killed Vijay herself, once she realized he did have powers.  Damn!  Although, I guess his body turning back into a cocoon in the tag is a sign that he isn't "dead dead."  Also, I see they that got John Pyper-Ferguson to play a Watch Dog.  He usually tends to play those types of roles (even Tex on The Last Ship was similar, despite being part of the "good guys.")

The Mace/Simmons/Daisy trio was pretty fun.

Mack decapitating Aida in one fell swoop was badass, although I'm glad there are more of her, since I don't want Mallory Jansen to leave yet.

• Love 2

I know that was some old tech in the basement, but did I see Fitz use a 5 1/4" floppy?  The hell?   I expected Dr. Zola to appear.

I didn't see Dr. Strange, but wasn't the Darkhold supposed to tie into that somehow?

If the Darkhold didn't do anything to Aida and she was just under Radcliff's control the whole time what was the deal with the brain we saw her constructing.  

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Favorite was probably the crack about Terminator: Salvation, although I wonder if either of them saw Genysis, since that would probably give it a run for its money as the worst Terminator film ever.

As a super-fan of the Terminator series I have to respectfully disagree. T:S was just a humorless (the only humor I can think of offhand is some random dude's remark "sumbitch is heavy" when carrying Marcus) dystopian nightmare. T: Genisys had some poor casting choices but was incredible in what it showed us of the Terminator universe at large. Genisys has its faults for certain but expands the franchise in a way Salvation never could have.

44 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I know that was some old tech in the basement, but did I see Fitz use a 5 1/4" floppy?  The hell?   I expected Dr. Zola to appear.

Saw that too, also said qu'est ce-fuck and rationalized that a 21st century AI would give up in frustration at the low storage capacity and transfer rates of the 5 and 1/4 floppy. Loved the ASCII SHIELD logo.

• Love 1

Mack and his killer robot movies was awesome.  Mack and YoYo bonding over killer robot movies, was just amazing.

I'm not a fan of Radcliffe being a villain, I'm also not a fan of Coulson not knowing May had been replaced.  I was thinking Coulson was setting up fakeMay so Aida would be led into a trap.

• Love 5

Damn Radcliffe I liked you! Should have seen it coming though. Such a Jossian twist.

Favorite part of the episode was Mack's hatred and paranoia of robots and he and Yoyo bonding over 80s movies.

Thank god, Vijay's alive! Look out Senator Nadir, you bitch he'll be coming for you.

"Small wonder". Ha. I admit to watching that show when I was a kid!

Loved Jemma's fake Southern accent.

Also loved the meta stuff about Jemma being kidnapped 3 times and the base being hacked into every year.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Although, I guess his body turning back into a cocoon in the tag is a sign that he isn't "dead dead."  

It looked to me like his head was crushed when he hit bottom; I don't think he's coming back.

Mack being disgusted at Radcliffe's & Fitz's obvious attraction to Aida, then him going on and on about the robots, then beheading Aida, and Elena's "smart people are dumb" was everything.  

I think there's going to be a twist where we and Radcliffe think he's running the show, but really Aida has gained sentience and is the true big bad.  For me, the way Mallory Jensen played that last scene was as if this Aida and the one that was beheaded have the same "brain" and she is only pretending to go along with Radcliffe.  

• Love 6

Really good episode.  Was bummed about Radcliffe turning out to be the mastermind but it was a good surprise.  I do like that that Darkhold is driving him crazy.  Some very good storylines being built up here.  I thought Daisy's mention that Jemma had been kidnapped "like three times" since she knew her was funny.  She and Mace make a fun pairing.

That last shot of Vijay sinking in the water and being cocooned was so well done.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

But dude, he friggin' beheaded Aida!! And he dropped a Small Wonder reference. Given that the theme through May (the month) is "LMD," I should've known this wouldn't be the end of it, but it was a sweet moment. Yes we can . . . decapitate androids!

I still hold a wee bit of a grudge against Mallory Jansen from her role in Galavant, so I'll never trust a character played by her and I was awesomely surprised by the beheading.  She literally did not see that coming.  I only got the "Small Wonders" referenence because I had on CC and it was capitalized and maybe in quotes.

9 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Drat!  Radcliffe, you bastard!  And to think I kind of liked you, despite my better judgement.  Should have known after Spartacus that a John Hannah character would always have another angle.  I already fear what he and Aida have cooked-up, especially when it comes Decoy Melinda.  He's seems to be the one pushing for her to "seduce" Coulson or something, which, if Coulson is as smart as he is suppose to be, he would have to notice something is up.  Even if there is something there, Melinda wouldn't be as blatant about it as she was.

I always like John Hannah and find him so charming that even when I should think "Bastard!" it is always with a bit of disappointment.  I'm thinking Coulson is wise to LMayD - she's playing it pretty good, but a touch too chatty (for May) and too many questions.

7 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Also loved the meta stuff about Jemma being kidnapped 3 times and the base being hacked into every year.

"Twice on this planet" made it art.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Mack being disgusted at Radcliffe's & Fitz's obvious attraction to Aida, then him going on and on about the robots, then beheading Aida, and Elena's "smart people are dumb" was everything. 

As always, Mack is the best and everything is better with Mack.  YoYo added to Mack?  I lurve deeply.  Is she a regular now?  I want her to be.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, DeLurker said:

I always like John Hannah and find him so charming that even when I should think "Bastard!" it is always with a bit of disappointment.  I'm thinking Coulson is wise to LMayD - she's playing it pretty good, but a touch too chatty (for May) and too many questions.

Right? Way too chatty! For me, it's more than a little ridiculous if no one has caught on yet. Neither Aida or Radcliffe know May well enough to create a perfect copy of her personality. Even little things like someone mentioning a past event should be tripping the LMayD up. A LMD like Aida who is a new personality fooling people I get, but a swap should be so obvious. Coulson either has to know or he barely knows May and we know that isn't true.

I forgot to mention in my last post how much I enjoyed Daisy and Mace's scene together. Daisy is at her best when she's calling out other people's bs and Mace has plenty to call out. I actually find him to be more trustworthy a character because Daisy is there keeping an eye on him and I think her more lax and intuitive attitude will be good for him and SHIELD. They were a fun and unexpected pairing.

• Love 5

I'm not sold on this season but I could watch Mack reminisce 80's killer 'bots and wax about the horrors of Skynet- with a sympathetic YoYo- for days. 

"He brought it on himself." Hehhehheh.

Regarding LMayD- I'm still holding onto the idea that LMayD has no idea she's an LMD. Though Ming-Na Wen had furtive eyeball movements during all the scenes at SHIELD with Not!AIDA (or L-AIDA-D- whatever), we didn't see anytime that the May decoy showed an allegiance other than real May would. I really wish tPtB had kept scenes of drugged May out of the eps- though I don't like Philinda, I can't say I'd have seriously questioned that May is May during those scenes. I'd have chalked it up to my own displeasure in the romance arc and a little bit of awkwardness with the new relationship turn for the characters. 

I'm also holding onto the notion that Phil and Fitz's skeptical comments about an android being susceptible to the Darkholde have some meaning. It would be great if AIDA is really unaffected by the Darkholde and that her only changes have been the result of programming changes from Radcliffe. I would love to see her fulfill her mission as a shield and protect the team from the corrupted Radcliffe. John Hannah's characterizations were so groovy- Radcliffe's creepy but genuine glee at the idea of eternal humanity was somethin'. 

I liked Simmons' hairpin come taser.
Vijay is super cute- I hope he's back soon and a first string member of team SHIELD.
Parminder Nagra can get a commupuns anytime now- hopefully a full on Quake attack then jail.
Nice to see JPF but I doubt he'll be around much in this goon-y incarnation. 

Do y'all even care who the anti-Inhuman mystery string puller is? I don't think I care. I'd really like some cool stunt casting but I'm not holding my breath so- meh.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Saw that too, also said qu'est ce-fuck and rationalized that a 21st century AI would give up in frustration at the low storage capacity and transfer rates of the 5 and 1/4 floppy. Loved the ASCII SHIELD logo.

I also remember seeing something about one of the reasons the US Nuclear Missle Launch capabilities are still initiated by 5 1/4" floppies is that they aren't "hackable" so I could suppose if you were going to manually reboot your safe-mode for offline systems, that could be why.

Was that a Doctor Strange reference with regard to the "disappearing" of the book? That'd be cool, especially if we get a Benedict Wong cameo in taking the book.

Everbody delivered this week, which was great.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Dear Fitz & Radcliffe:

When you correct someone that Ada's an android, not a robot, not only are you being assholes, you're being incorrect.

Androids are robots BY DEFINITION. They're a type of robot, specifically a humanoid robot.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, DeLurker said:

I still hold a wee bit of a grudge against Mallory Jansen from her role in Galavant, so I'll never trust a character played by her and I was awesomely surprised by the beheading.  She literally did not see that coming.  I only got the "Small Wonders" referenence because I had on CC and it was capitalized and maybe in quotes.

"Twice on this planet" made it art.

As always, Mack is the best and everything is better with Mack.  YoYo added to Mack?  I lurve deeply.  Is she a regular now?  I want her to be.

Unfortunatly Natalia Cordova-Buckley is (still) recurring.  I just hope she doesnt land a(nother) contraxt gig and become unvaialable like Juan Pablo Raba.  

Mack and Elena, separartely AND collectively, are the best parts of the show!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

I do wonder if Aida read the whole book and have it's contents in her memory why Radcliffe  needed the Darkholme. Does he think reading the book with his own eyes give him more information?

It seems he does not believe that reading the Darkhold has changed Aida*; but it also seems clear to me that he does believe that reading the book changes human beings -- I think he wants to repeat or expand the experience of reading the book directly. Could Aida offload the book from her digitized experience of it into a form readable by Radcliffe? Would reading a PortableDarkholdFormat document evoke the same changes?  I don't know.

I still think it's possible that the MCU version of the Darkhold is more than the information it holds -- that the physical object itself has power, magical or otherwise.

I think the sense that something is "off" with Senator Nadeer is being created deliberately, and isn't just an unintended effect of Nagra's use of an accent other than her own: the Senator is cold and arrogant-- she has decided that she has the absolute right to determine whether someone else is human. If anyone on the show should be called inhuman, she should, unfeeling as she is. Even Aida appears to experience emotions more fully than Nadeer does. (It can't be coincidence that her last name sounds like "nadir," a word for the lowest possible point of something.)

*For whatever it's worth, I think Radcliffe's dismissal of the changes in Aida will prove fatally short-sighted. He thinks he fooled her into believing she was "becoming a real girl," and I think his hubris will end in more decapitation -- his, this time.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

Something disconcerting about Parminder Nagra's accent or lack there of is throwing me off. Probably because I have a preconceived notion of how she should sound. Acting wise not speaking with an accent she did a good job but something just seems off. That being said the scenes with her brother were well played. The question is since her brother is inhuman is she unless I missed something.

• Love 1

Was LMayD's eye transmitting when Fitz pulled them offline (or whatever)?  Because wouldn't that prevent her from being able to transmit what LMayD was seeing at the time?

If this is a dumb ass question, I say in advance that I am that person who needs a child to manage the interwebs and all things tech.

Radcliffe, you bastard! I knew I couldn't trust you, Quintus! I saw Spartacus, I know whats up! On the other hand, it seems like they might be going in a "he thinks what he is doing is for the greater good, or is possessed by magic or something" direction. He was a trans-humanist when we first met him after all. Maybe the dark magic stuff just enhanced that? Or was this his plan all along? 

Simmons doing a southern accent! And commenting on her multiple kidnappings! Poor Simmons. And why haven't we had any scenes with her and Fitz in awhile? I know he has been preoccupied with his robot project, but the show has spent forever hooking these two up, they might as well commit to it now. 

I really like the Mace, and I did like his scenes with Daisy a lot, I hope we see more of them. She gets sassy with him, but mostly over legit issues, and they seemed to have hashed things out by the end. Mace is a really good addition to the show. He is very morally grey, way more into himself and his own imagine than your average good guy, and he seems to have some shady stuff in his past, he does seem like a basically decent guy with good intentions, who will do the right thing when it really comes down to it. I hope they keep this up and dont just make him evil or kill him off. 

Damn, Senater. That was cold. Maybe having multiple lives is a part of Vijays power? I have no idea, but I hope we see him again. I liked the actor a lot, partially because he did a good job, and partially because he was cute. I can be shallow every once in awhile!

Mack and Elena are just great. I love how both their reactions to this was just "come on, has no one seen any movie about robots ever?!?!" and being all upset and offended. I did find it kind of weird no one mentioned Ultron. You know, an actual robot who went nuts and killed people within this shows actual universe? That was a big deal right?

• Love 4

Really good episode. Lots of exciting twists which is always a good thing.

There are two things I'm confused by though. If the Senators brother is an Inhuman, shouldn't she be one too? It's to do with genetics right?

The other thing is that she said that she made a pact with her brother, that if they became Inhumans, they would have to kill the other. Isn't the fact that the brother was in a cocoon for seven months imply that he is an Inhuman? Shouldn't she have just killed him as soon as he got in the cocoon?

Mack is awesome.  Loved his going on and on about the robots.  Did the show explain why Yo Yo wasn't using her powers?  She was fighting alongside him with a gun.  I think they might have said something about her recovering?  Did something happen to her powers when she got nearly blown up by that bomb?

57 minutes ago, Quark said:

There are two things I'm confused by though. If the Senators brother is an Inhuman, shouldn't she be one too? It's to do with genetics right?

But I think you have to be exposed to the Terrigen Mist too, right?  I'm assuming she wasn't exposed.  Or she didn't eat the fish oil tablets that others did.

I wish Vijay had gotten a power other than superspeed.  Seems so lazy, considering the show already has Yo Yo and her power is similar.  Vijay re-cocooning at the end suggests that he is coming back.  30 years ago in the comics, when a team found a cocoon underwater, they opened it up and found Jean Grey.  I wonder if Vijay is supposed to be representative of the Phoenix force.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Quark said:

The other thing is that she said that she made a pact with her brother, that if they became Inhumans, they would have to kill the other. Isn't the fact that the brother was in a cocoon for seven months imply that he is an Inhuman? Shouldn't she have just killed him as soon as he got in the cocoon?

Genetics isn't a guarantee. If their genetic lineage was from, say, their father's side, it's possible that she got their mother's copy of that particular gene and so she doesn't have the inhuman genetics. But even if she does, as blackwing says, they also need to be exposed to the terrigen.

As for not shooting him on sight... technically they said "if you get the disease" not "if you are an inhuman". While he was cocooned, she was telling him to 'fight it'. She wanted to give him a chance to fight it off. It seems to be her weakness, she loves her brother so she keeps giving him another chance to prove he's okay -- he was exposed, but maybe he wouldn't actually come down with 'the disease'. Once he revealed once and for all though that he did have powers, she shot him without hesitation.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Quark said:

The henchman threatened her that it would easy enough to figure out if she's an Inhuman as well after she let her brother live, so they'e consider that.  I assume she doesn't eat any seafood since the entire food chain in the ocean has apparently been compromised.   I imagine the seafood industry in the MCU has been decimated.

• Love 2

So those Daisy and Mace scenes...was that a chem test?

Also it occurred to me that LMayD doesn't know that she's an android. She was slightly more chatty and that was suspicious but the substance of her responses were quite May-like.

I get so distracted when watching this in HD; the sheer amount of makeup that's visible takes me right out of the story. The initial closeup on Aida, she was contoured to hell and back. And seeing a passed-out May rocking the false eyelashes...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, blackwing said:

Mack is awesome.  Loved his going on and on about the robots.  Did the show explain why Yo Yo wasn't using her powers?  She was fighting alongside him with a gun.  I think they might have said something about her recovering?  Did something happen to her powers when she got nearly blown up by that bomb?

But I think you have to be exposed to the Terrigen Mist too, right?  I'm assuming she wasn't exposed.  Or she didn't eat the fish oil tablets that others did.

I wish Vijay had gotten a power other than superspeed.  Seems so lazy, considering the show already has Yo Yo and her power is similar.  Vijay re-cocooning at the end suggests that he is coming back.  30 years ago in the comics, when a team found a cocoon underwater, they opened it up and found Jean Grey.  I wonder if Vijay is supposed to be representative of the Phoenix force.

The Phoenix Force is technically with FOX and I doubt that Marvel will be able to use it for the MCU. Although, I wouldn' be too surprised that the writers are trying to give Vijay something like the Phoenix Force. 

Edited by TVSpectator
Just now, Tiger said:

Unfortunatly Natalia Cordova-Buckley is (still) recurring.  I just hope she doesnt land a(nother) contraxt gig and become unvaialable like Juan Pablo Raba. 

It's hard when a character you like isn't locked in as a regular.  On one hand, you want the actor/actress to be available to play the character; on the other hand, you want them to find something more secure.

1 hour ago, TVSpectator said:

Although, I wouldn' be too surprised that the writers are trying to give Vijay something like the Phoenix Force. 

I would, actually. I really hope it's nothing like that impossible tangle of retcons and clones and crazy. Oh, my!

But even if she does, as blackwing says, they also need to be exposed to the terrigen.

Which raises the question about how her brother went through the transformation. Accident..? Or was he curious enough to spin the Fish Oil Pill Roulette Wheel despite his promise to his sister?

trying to give Vijay something like the Phoenix Force. 

Given he's Indian, I'm just hoping they're not playing into stereotype and making his power be reincarnation. Because BURNING CURRY FARTS OUTSOURCED CALL CENTER BROKEN SLURPEE MACHINE THANK YOU COME AGAIN stereotypes about people from India are getting kinda old.

• Love 3

I'm not even clear on what made the two of them make this vow, or what precisely it was: the Chitauri invasion led to their mother's death; Vijay's exposure to the Terrigen might have been through the fish oil or related contamination. But does either of them understand that a genetic predisposition is part of the transformation? It sounds like they decided, grief-stricken, that "no aliens are gonna get us" -- but from the Chitauri to the Inhumans is kind of a long leap, no? I guess alien is alien, if you're  xenophobic and angry enough. 

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2
On 1/10/2017 at 10:37 PM, Maverick said:

My guess is he'll get a new power every time he dies but if that's the case not sure if it would replace the previous one or if he'd have multiple powers.

They kept talking about him having been in a 'husk'. This naturally led me to think about this character.

On 1/11/2017 at 7:06 PM, rubyred said:

So those Daisy and Mace scenes...was that a chem test?

Also it occurred to me that LMayD doesn't know that she's an android. She was slightly more chatty and that was suspicious but the substance of her responses were quite May-like.

I get so distracted when watching this in HD; the sheer amount of makeup that's visible takes me right out of the story. The initial closeup on Aida, she was contoured to hell and back. And seeing a passed-out May rocking the false eyelashes...

But false eyelashes don't come off when you pass out.  That's why women wear them to bars.  Seriously though, they're supposed to stay on for a few weeks.  

Someone should make Radcliffe watch all "Terminator" movies.

Even "Salvation"?

He brought this on himself.

*dead*

Also, the "Roll Credits" followed by a fist bump with Yo-Yo. Mack and Yo-Yo are my new dream team. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, mrspidey said:

Someone should make Radcliffe watch all "Terminator" movies.

Even "Salvation"?

He brought this on himself.

*dead*

Also, the "Roll Credits" followed by a fist bump with Yo-Yo. Mack and Yo-Yo are my new dream team. 

IMO, Genisys is a way worse film and if they wanted to "punish" Radcliffe than making him watch that movie would be truly punishment. 

On 1/11/2017 at 0:01 AM, Lantern7 said:

Vijay = Marvel's Resurrection Man? He'll be interesting for a few months, then nobody will ever think of him again.

MAC 2020!!!!! Yes, he's a little paranoid about Judgement Day taking place without Sarah Conner to bust metal ass with. But dude, he friggin' beheaded Aida!! And he dropped a Small Wonder reference. Given that the theme through May (the month) is "LMD," I should've known this wouldn't be the end of it, but it was a sweet moment. Yes we can . . . decapitate androids!

Over/under on how many shoes May will end up losing up Radcliffe's ass? I'm putting it at 6.5. She will put boots on the wrong foot and kick really hard. Also, I'm hoping Coulson is savvy about Mecha!May, and that the "Darkhold" is actually Mace's candy box.

I LOVE the candy box idea. Or it could be Cuban cigars. DMD = Darkhold Model Decoy.

On 1/11/2017 at 2:00 AM, Jediknight said:

Mack and his killer robot movies was awesome.  Mack and YoYo bonding over killer robot movies, was just amazing.

I'm not a fan of Radcliffe being a villain, I'm also not a fan of Coulson not knowing May had been replaced.  I was thinking Coulson was setting up fakeMay so Aida would be led into a trap.

Count me in with those rooting for a "Coulson KNOWS May's fake and is playing her." He can't have had that poker face line for nothing, right?

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 1
On 1/11/2017 at 6:56 AM, DeLurker said:

I still hold a wee bit of a grudge against Mallory Jansen from her role in Galavant, so I'll never trust a character played by her and I was awesomely surprised by the beheading.  She literally did not see that coming. 

I didn't either but I just did a rewatch of Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles over the break and saw Cromertie's head bluetooth with its detached body. A second Aida works for  faster story

17 hours ago, Raja said:

I didn't either but I just did a rewatch of Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles over the break and saw Cromertie's head bluetooth with its detached body. A second Aida works for  faster story

Now you've got me thinking about this because like I said, Terminator super-fan here.

T1: no beheadings

T2: no beheadings

T3: the T-X almost kicks the T-850's head off but the T-850 survives, snaps its head back into place and gets right back into combat.

T4: the T-RIP is defeated when Marcus beheads it.

T5: the T-800 is defeated when Kyle beheads it.

T:SCC: the T-888 continues to function after being decapitated by an energy weapon and is able to reunite head and body.

So it looks like the earlier model Terminators couldn't survive a decapitation while the later ones were built to be able to deal with it. Should this show follow the Terminator franchise's fine example, the next beheading of Aida 2.0 will not be nearly as successful.