Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Step It Up from Day to Night

This is the Project Runway JR I fell in love with last season (finally)! The kids were really nice to each other, joking around, having fun, being supportive. Hawwaa needs to work on it a little bit though.

I didn't agree with the winner. Yeah, someone is going to wear a neoprene jumpsuit to work and then go out on the town in it? No! I thought Hawwaa would win even though it was a wild print. I think Cartier got saved by crying.

Rene: a 60 year old woman would not dress in a cagey outfit with a crop top. At least not where I live anyway. I did like his exit though. 

Nit-pick: Kelly looked like she had a purple hair slinky on her head. Izzy needs to stop with the sprout on her head. Not. Cute. 

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Um, seriously?  The neoprene(?) firefighter overalls wins?  Yeah, I'm going to order a pair right now to wear to work.  Sure...

eta:  And Hawwaa's makeup at the runway?  Green eyebrows and blue lips?  No and no and NO!

Didn't she say that her "woman or girl" was a spy or something? The kids these days are watching the wrong media. Spies are not supposed to be obvious like that.  The neoprene was also too reminiscent of Erin for me.

Hawwaaa (sp?) has just too many things going on in her own "look", and that was reflected in the outfit she presented.

Speaking of which, how is anyone supposed to take Kelly Osbourne's opinion seriously when she looks like she does? I'd demand a better judge.

Then again, I liked the white blouse and bell bottoms, so what do I know?

• Love 10

I just need to state that I hate neoprene.  I wish Mood (or Mini Mood) would stop stocking it and PR would ban designers from using it, unless there is a wetsuit challenge.  I think it is the worst thing to happen fashion.  Seriously.  I hate it.  The winning outfit would actually have been really cool if not for the neoprene.  Hated it.

Akai really didn't deserve to be safe.  Thanks again TGS.

• Love 13

I'm surprised to find myself saying this, because she hasn't impressed me much till now, but Hawwaa was robbed. Her outfit was so well executed, and it showed that she does have a strong point of view as a designer. Chelsea's outfit was fun, but not as creative or polished as Hawwaa's.

Really enjoyable episode, with a strong runway for the most part. I'd have put Chris or A'kai on the bottom rather than Izzy, but in truth it would have been fine with me if no one had been sent home.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

This is the Project Runway JR I fell in love with last season (finally)! The kids were really nice to each other, joking around, having fun, being supportive. Hawwaa needs to work on it a little bit though.

I didn't agree with the winner. Yeah, someone is going to wear a neoprene jumpsuit to work and then go out on the town in it? No! I thought Hawwaa would win even though it was a wild print. I think Cartier got saved by crying.

Rene: a 60 year old woman would not dress in a cagey outfit with a crop top. At least not where I live anyway. I did like his exit though. 

Nit-pick: Kelly looked like she had a purple hair slinky on her head. Izzy needs to stop with the sprout on her head. Not. Cute. 

My favorite was Allie's...elegant, original, fit the model beautifully.  Not sure if I can watch the rest of the season if Izzy continues to sport sprouts. It's maddening. :)

Edited by Beaner
I called Izzy Lizzie. Lizzy is my cat and is not on PR jr.
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Rene: a 60 year old woman would not dress in a cagey outfit with a crop top. At least not where I live anyway.

I agree that the average 60 something woman would not wear that outfit. However, as the model was walking down the runway, I SERIOUSLY did have an image of one woman in that age range wearing the HELL out of the outfit.

6FK61OQ.png?1

5 minutes ago, Beaner said:

My favorite was Allie's...elegant, original, fit the model beautifully.  

Agreed! I thought she definitely had the best outfit, did not understand the jumpsuit win at ALL.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, Beaner said:

My favorite was Allie's...elegant, original, fit the model beautifully.  Not sure if I can watch the rest of the season if Izzy continues to sport sprouts. It's maddening. :)

The sprouts don't bother me too much - half the time, I don't even notice it, until it's a close-up of her or it's her talking head segments (and, then, I immediately think of the old TV show "My Favorite Martian", where Ray Walston's antennae would pop up out of his head).  I'm more bothered by Hawaa's green eyebrows, multiple face piercings and that horrendous blue lipstick.  I get individuality, but I'm just not a fan of facial piercings like hers and the dyed eyebrows and garish lip color do her no justice at all.

Oh - I loved Allie's outfit too - it was an updated look from the late 50's, with the cigarette pants under a full skirt, and I loved that look.  I especially loved the hem treatment - it did resemble flower petals.

• Love 16

I would have sent the winner home, although Rene's outfit was pretty bad, and I agree with him being sent home. I didn't like the Chelsea's outfit either (the dark/black? with the plaid), but I think she might have more to show us. Rene, I've seen enough. I really disliked the winning outfit - I like how our reviewer called it a "futuristic firewoman." Right on. Although the designer is adorable. But I also hate neoprene.

I thought Hawwaa should have won or the long haired blonde girl (Allie?) with the print top and pale blue cigerette pants - I loved this look. I personally didn't care for Hawwaa's look but it was interesting and well done.

The planthead girl (I am having a very hard time remembering the names of these kids) (Izzy!!) reminds me somehow of a teletubby. It's that plant. I know one carries a purse but did one of the other ones have something sticking out of its head? Everytime she opens her mouth I expect the teletubby nonsense speak to come out of it. Although she is very cute and likeable.

I'm glad Cartier wasn't booted as I like her. Her outfit was really very simple and uninspiring.

Northstar, I too loved that white top with the bell bottoms. I'd buy that top in a minute. I wish we could have seen a closeup of it. It looked really cool.

On a more personal note: Chris is kind of unlikeable but he cracks me up with his subtle nasties. It sounds like he's going to say something nice but then he comes out with this barb. It takes you by surprise. I think he said something to Chelsea about the slit in the front of her ugly dress. And it was really nasty. He made a comment last wk too in the same way. I wish I could remember what either remarks were. But I really kind of like him.

Hawwaa's makeup is hideous. But she's such a pretty girl. I hope she grows out of it because she has a very attractive face otherwise.

I've always liked Kelly but I wish she'd do something about that hair. It's really unattractive and does nothing for her. And the tatoos on either side of her head reminds me of those numbers the Nazi burned into their victims.

I thought they were all so cute jumping around with their fitbits and checking heir scores.

I found it funny that the kids seem to have no real world concept of jobs - Akai's "girl" doesn't work, but her husband does; Chelsea's girl is some kind of boutique owning spy. Very entertaining.

I dread next wk's offering as it looks like we'll be seeing more junk hotglued to fabric. I hate these kind of challenges. It's arts and crafts, not fashion.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Beaner said:

I loved Allie's too. I thought the pants were so elegant with the hem cut like a petal. This is something I would definitely wear. 

• Love 7

I was annoyed that the judges criticised Cartier's look for being too simple.  Yet it was much better done than Akai's very simple shift dress with simple cover up.  Up close, Cartier's actually looked quite nice, if subtle and it was well made.  She just suffered from not sending an outfit down the runway that included mixed gaudy colours & patterns or god-awful neoprene.  Didn't deserve to be on the bottom.

• Love 4

That neoprene jumpsuit would be a pain in the bathroom, and it would also end up very wrinkled by the end of the day.  Loved the bright color and idea behind Hawwaa's dress, but it wasn't quite right. 

2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Oh - I loved Allie's outfit too - it was an updated look from the late 50's, with the cigarette pants under a full skirt, and I loved that look.  I especially loved the hem treatment - it did resemble flower petals.

I loved Allie's outfit, too.  I would have picked that as the winner.

2 hours ago, kat165 said:

I've always liked Kelly but I wish she'd do something about that hair. It's really unattractive and does nothing for her.

The shape of Kelly's face begs for more hair as balance.  And the color is not flattering, either.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 5

Allie's dress reminded me of something Lucy wore on "I Love Lucy."   And the neoprene jumpsuit made me think of Eddie Murphy being Gumby on SNL.  And Hawwaa's dress looks like a dress my aunt wore to school in 1969 and that she kept all this time.  Very colorful and pretty.

I liked almost everything this week.  That never happens on regular Project Runway.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, izabella said:

Loved the bright color and idea behind Hawwaa's dress, but it wasn't quite right.

Yeah, I think she lost out on first place because of execution.  Seams were puckered and the bottom was uneven.

As for all the neoprene (I think even the blue pants were neoprene), they all love it because the ends don't have to be finished.  Check out the top half of the fireman's pants.

• Love 5

I think Kelly is a good judge. She knows what she's talking about and seems very fair. I think she would have done a better job than the group that somehow had Erin win on the grown up version.

Im glad the kids are finding their groove with the show. Their point of view about clothes is interesting to me though maybe I see the 70s returning. The firefighters pants were different  for sure. I'm realizing how much older I am then they are and I'm glad they have more open views about fashion. 

I don't understand why Rene chooses to design for an older woman hanging onto youth as his client. He's got a strange vision there. I think he could go miles ahead if he changed his viewpoint. I agree he seems stuck and lacks creativity.

I would like to see a bunch of kids walking together with the the flowers on their heads. I bet it would be really cute like a little walking flower garden. It's a little harder to pull off on your own but I like flowers too and I can see Izzy just wearing it for fun. I googled photos of sprouting flower hair clips and it looks like adults, kids, babies and men and women wear them. They are actually pretty cute and there are tons of styles. I hope they come here so I can see gaggles of people wearing them on the street. They seem fun.

I agree that something was off with Hawwaas design. I thought it was the black panel, but it probably was the construction. I think that's what Tim was alluding to, who knows, it's hard for me to see it that closely.

This was a fun challenge and I'm looking forward to the LED challenge next week.

Edited by rose711
Had wrong designer name!
  • Love 4

I liked Izzy the first few weeks but her shrieking "LOOK AT ME!" drama queen business reminded me that she is a teenager (and why I don't love being around teenagers anymore). I had to  remind myself that I was probably just as bad when I was 16.

Although I am not a fan of useless product placement, I had to laugh at the kids running in place to increase their step count. That was one of the moments when they were acting their age and I enjoyed it! When Mr. EB got a FitBit a few years ago, he would check to see how many steps he had around 11pm and he would often say, "I almost have 10,000 steps so I'll be right back. I have to walk down the driveway and back so I can get the rest of my steps."

Chris's deadpan critiques cracked me up this week. "I don't know why Rene chose to design for an old woman this week. What would compel him to make a slutty old lady outfit?"

I liked the silhouette of Allie's black and white dress, but I hated the color of those light blue pants underneath. The pants also didn't fit well in the crotch.

I couldn't decide if I liked Tieler's look or not. It was striking from a distance, thanks to the large print, but it looked so shapeless and boxy. You know Heidi would say, "But it isn't sexy!" Part of me likes that he doesn't feel it's necessary to put his models in skin tight outfits, but the other part of me can't see women with slightly larger bodies wanting to wear something that will just make them look bigger.

As a woman who wears clothes, I liked both of A'kai's pieces because the looked comfy and flattering. But as someone watching a design competition, I thought both pieces were way too basic. So you made a slip dress and a wrap dress? There is nothing innovative or interesting about either of those pieces.

I know that the assignment didn't specify where these women were going to be during the day and where they were going at night, but I felt like Chris's look was a little too casual streetwear to fulfill both of those requirements. I didn't like the poufy jacket or the sloppy looking crop top.

Tim was right about Cartier's design being too simple. A reversible vest and a slip dress? Yawn. When she said that she liked the short length because it would sit well underneath the vest, all I could think was yes, but how will this girl sit down during the day without her bare ass touching the subway seat?

Molly's high waisted patterned pants looked good on her model. Even though the top was not my taste, I liked that she used the mesh looking fabric on top of the white fabric to add more texture.

Izzy's was another one I couldn't decide about. Her dress looked cute, comfy, and flattering but it wasn't the most innovative. On the other hand, it was a lot more interesting than what Cartier, A'kai, Tieler, and Chris made.

Rene's space hooker look was definitely not my favorite. It felt like his look got the least amount of time on the runway too.

Although I wouldn't wear Hawwaa's design, I agree with Tim that she definitely showed her point of view. I liked that she used a lot of different colors with that pattern, but the actual dress was very simple in silhouette.

Chloe needs to lay off the neoprene. I wish the show would declare a moratorium on neoprene! The top looked crooked where it was attached to the bandeau.

I don't think Izzy should have been in the bottom two because I liked her dress more than several of the other designs. Between her and Rene, I agree that Rene was the one to go.

I like Chelsea, but I did not think that neoprene jumpsuit should have won.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I couldn't decide if I liked Tieler's look or not. It was striking from a distance, thanks to the large print, but it looked so shapeless and boxy. You know Heidi would say, "But it isn't sexy!" Part of me likes that he doesn't feel it's necessary to put his models in skin tight outfits, but the other part of me can't see women with slightly larger bodies wanting to wear something that will just make them look bigger.

As a bigger woman, I can't wear dresses like that at all and it's a shame because I love the way that silhouette mixes casual and formal. But it is for thin (and non-busty) women. Otherwise it's like a tarp. I thought his look was nice enough. Safe was exactly where it belonged.

I hate Day-to-Night challenges because the whole concept never works. You end up with strange convertible clothes that don't really work in any situation. Cartier's basic slip dress was both way too short and too fringey for an office. Teiler's dress wasn't really night. Even Hawwaa's look, which I loved, was bulky because of the convertible skirt and would have looked better if she'd made a choice between the skirts. "Day-to-Night" is just a silly thing so I am okay with Chelsea's weird look winning because at least it was a look and a choice. Christian was right when he called it fashion. It was a strong point of view that told me about Chelsea and didn't dither about how it should be presented. And it was well made because it would have been very easy to end up with a crazy crotch situation but the fit was good.

I'm not a huge neoprene person in my day to day life but on a timed competition, I can't blame the designers for going back to it over and over. It's so forgiving in that it doesn't need its edges to be finished and when you've only got one day, that's serious time you can spend on something else. Sometimes their models come in and they only have an hour left in the day. If you need to hem, that's not much time especially since they get so little in the morning. (I assume with the juniors the reason they don't go wit the models for hair and makeup is child labor laws and wanting to keep the number of hours they're in front of the camera down but it does give them even less time than the adults.) I think it's smart to use the easiest fabric you can when you know you're going to be dealing with a time crunch.

• Love 5

I refuse to accept Mini-Mood without Mini-Swatch.

On what world can you say you're designing for someone who doesn't give a shit about how she looks and not expect to be aufed?  And the assumption that if you're older, that's your take...feh.

At least half these outfits would have gotten the wearer booted at the door of their employer, and told to go home and change into something appropriate for work.

Edited by meowmommy
  • Love 8

I got a little (OK a lot) moody in the middle of the episode, starting with Rene's ridiculous "My trendsetting woman on the go is probably like… sixty-five years old, has a face lift, has a boob job, has been nipped and tucked, just doesn’t care what anybody thinks.” Yes, Rene, because a slavish devotion* to oppressive and misogynistic beauty standards that require women to look 29 if they dare to set foot in public? Is definitely “not caring what anybody thinks.” War is peace, freedom is slavery, uh huh, gotcha.

(*With apologies to those who've had or will/would have plastic surgery; you do you! Rock whatever makes you feel best!)

By the time we got to A'kai's, “Her source of income is from her husband,” I was screaming JUST KILL ME NOW. But: “…and then later on she’s going to a nice dinner with her friends.” “Not her husband?” “No, he’s working.” OK, I admit, I LOL’ed.

And once we got around to Chelsea, I was all smiles again. "During the daytime this is her power suit, she's signing contracts; and then at night she has to go to this secret art gallery party where all the government officials from the world will gather." CHELSEA FOR PRESIDENT because I want to live in that world and I don't care, I'll wear a neoprene jumpsuit if I have to. 

While I didn't love some of the specific choices Hawwaa made (those shades of pink and purple are kind of icky to my eye, the black was a little heavy, the seaming on the bodice was sloppy) I thought the design was very strong, and the reversible panel in the skirt was great. It felt very fresh and fun and easy to wear. Would've been happy to see her design win. 

• Love 17

I love Chelsea, and her outfit was sewn well and walked well, so points for execution.  I think Chelsea totally missed the mark on what this challenge was...that look was NOT "day to night".  It could have won for another challenge (sporty, futuristic), but I blame the judges for (once again) being too mercurial with their judging.  They give a specific assignment, but then seem to bend the rules when going through the check list of how the looks meet/did not meet the requirements.  

Hawwaa's dress was very well done, but it reminded me of something I've seen before.  Maybe Betsy Johnson circa 1983? Not the "reveal" panel, but the little white collar, the black and bubble gum pink pattern... I know I've seen in the past.  But, I think most fashion is derivative anyway, and not in a bad way necessarily. 

And what's with all these designers and their backstories for who their girl is?  Both the adults and the juniors make up these crazy bios every week!  I get that it's part of the fantasy of fashion, but come on!  Everyone's girl is an early 20-something modern femme fatale super ninja spy travel photographer with a 6-figure income living in a faux bohemian loft with a 7-figure rent. Except for Rene; he said he was designing for the   AARP set...but no 55+ woman who isn't part of a "Real Housewives" franchise would wear his bondage inspired looks.

• Love 8

Did anyone else think of Lucy Ricardo with Allie's outfit? I've always loved the way Lucy would wear cigarette pants and a flowing, sparkly dress, so I LOVED Allie's, it was gorgeous and the model looked stunning. Shoes were awesome as well.

I don't think Rene is cut out to be a designer, he should be a male model instead.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, cpcathy said:

Did anyone else think of Lucy Ricardo with Allie's outfit? I've always loved the way Lucy would wear cigarette pants and a flowing, sparkly dress, so I LOVED Allie's, it was gorgeous and the model looked stunning. Shoes were awesome as well.

I don't think Rene is cut out to be a designer, he should be a male model instead.

Definitely! And Aya kept saying it was fashion forward. I was talking to my TV saying  "No, its fashion backward" since that was a popular look in the 50s. I did love it though, and probably would have given her the win! I think Allie is very talented.

Hawaa's look was different but I hated the solid black bodice and yellow strappy pieces on the shoulders. 

Chelsea is a sweetheart but those fireman overalls should habe landed her in the bottom imo.

Izzy is a favorite of mine, and I think her sprout is cute-very Dr Seuss. She is also from Mt. Pleasant Michigan where both of my sons and daughter in law went to college at Central Michigan University. Its a small town in the upper part of the lower peninsula without a great deal of arts despite the presence of the university. Good for her that she is so creative! I also thought her dress should have been safe even though it didn't much hit the brief.

Agree with those who say either Chris, Tieler, or A'Kai should have been in the bottom if no other reason than being too basic and again not fitting the brief as they all were very daytime. Loved Molly's look--i would have put it in the top.

All in all Rene probably should have gone a week or two ago. 

• Love 1

Chelsea's art gallery girl reminded me way back to either season 1 or 2 of PR original. Either in the show, or on the podcast Tim did for just two seasons, he said "art gallery" was the cop out answer for crazy clothes with no real, actual client in mind. That was my first thought.

i guess now we need to add ninja girl to that too.

it cracked me up that after Kelly bashed Cartier (?) and her outfit and she started crying, Kelly says, "Are you ok?" Of course not! You just gave a harsh critique to her work!

Edited by Eliza422
  • Love 3

I really enjoy how these kids dress to express.  

Rene was the easy offing.  I have a feeling we will see him on Drag Race after he turns 21 in an Adore DeLano who sews story arc.

I liked Allie's art gallery jacket and pants.  In that I could actually see it going from a creative minded, upper scale office setting by day, and creative minded, upper scale event at night. 

I didn't even mind the Mario jumpsuit.  I just wish Chelsea sold it that her model was a plumber or a mechanic, and her outfit could take it from her job to her 90s rave party immediately afterwards.

• Love 4

Did anyone else think of Lucy Ricardo with Allie's outfit? I've always loved the way Lucy would wear cigarette pants and a flowing, sparkly dress, so I LOVED Allie's, it was gorgeous and the model looked stunning. Shoes were awesome as well

I thought of Betty Draper from MAD MEN.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cpcathy said:

Chelsea's is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen, I thought she looked like a Mario Brother.

Huh. I didn't get that vibe at all. I've played a good deal of Mario brothers and other Mario games. As everyone knows, they wear loose blue handyman overalls over a long sleeve shirt with a hat in the same color as the shirt. (Not to mention the white gloves and mustaches!)

I just don't see that at all in what she made.
I see the firefighter comparison mentioned in the article -maybe because of the color? I thought her outfit looked feminine. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 1

WTF judges. Others have pointed out the problems with Chelsea's fireman pants, but I also was a little annoyed that they acted like the bell-bottom idea was anything special when they'd just gotten through rewarding Tieler and Molly's genuinely sensational great-big pants last week. Not the same, exactly, but Chelsea's sure is in a similar enough ballpark to not seem as refreshing as the judges wanted to pretend.

Piece of advice, Rene: unless it's specifically one of PR's "Design for Your Mother" or something challenge, never tell a PR judge that your target market is over the age of 25. I knew right then that you were a goner.

• Love 3

I clearly have no sense of fashion because I though Hawwaa's was a hot mess. There were one or two moments when I was like, I don't hate it, but then I keep looking at it and realized I do.  It looked like something Heidi would wear, and I don't mean Klum I mean the little Swiss orphan girl who lived in the Alps. I think it was the big void of black that gave it a little girls pinafore look. I am glad Cartier was safe but that was a whole lot of nothing she made. I think Allie should have won. Those pants were lovely and the top/dress was cool. It was like a throwback with an edge.

I adore Chelsey so even though I don't think hers was the best look I'm happy she gets at least one win. She is freaking adorable!

I'm glad slutwear designer is gone.

I just can't stand Kelly's personal style. That hair! How is she in a position to judge anyone else? I bet she LOVES Hawwaa's personal style.

I still think these kids are doing better work than this past season of the mother ship.

• Love 6

I live in a town with a lot of seniors (we have two sun city resort communities) and, while I know nipped and tucked ladies who rock some modern fashion, few of them are wearing bondage couture.    My favorite was Allie's Lucy Ricardo dress, but I didn't hate bully Mawwwaa's look.   My favorite was actually A'Kai's.

I feel like Chelsea designed for the challenge that should have been. Why wasn't the Fitbit challenge for an active wear or office-to-the-gym look? That would have made more sense.

I didn't get the critique that Cartier's look was too short. Wearing the long vest closed made the outfit longer for day, and opening the vest made it shorter for night.

I loved Allie's look. I need to stop drinking so much beer so I can wear cigarette pants again. I thought she or Hawwaa should have won. I also thought Izzy's dress was really cute, but I guess it was rather simple for the competition. To me the fabric used for the straps looked a little like a necktie pattern, so maybe she could have done more with that idea to tie together day and night.

Do children just not know what adults do during the day, or is sexism alive and well in the new generation?

• Love 7
On 1/12/2017 at 11:44 PM, kat165 said:

On a more personal note: Chris is kind of unlikeable but he cracks me up with his subtle nasties. It sounds like he's going to say something nice but then he comes out with this barb. It takes you by surprise. I think he said something to Chelsea about the slit in the front of her ugly dress. And it was really nasty. He made a comment last wk too in the same way. I wish I could remember what either remarks were. But I really kind of like him.

This! I find Chris to be the most entertaining. I like how the mean things he says sound nice and the nice things he says sound mean. He's hilarious.

13 hours ago, Sesquipedalia said:

Do children just not know what adults do during the day, or is sexism alive and well in the new generation?

Both. Sadly.

I honestly am massively annoyed by quite a few of these kids. Hawaa, Chelsea, and Izzie make me ragey. A'Kai's shtick is really wearing thin as well.

I liked Allie, Molly, Chris, Tieler, and Cartier's looks best.

• Love 1

I really loved Hawwaa's look and thought it should have won. It reminded me of Duro OlowuDuro Olowu-opt.png

or Stella Jean

Stella Jean-opt.png

or perhaps even Mary Katzantrou (couldn't fit the image in) http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/resort-2016/mary-katrantzou/slideshow/collection#19.

I also liked Chelsea's neoprene jumpsuit, although I'm not sure how it's day or evening, although I can imagine it at an art gallery, so kudos to her for that mental image. 

• Love 4

I think Cartier (sp?) should have gone home with that tacky reversible vest (ugh, the gold) and the boring dress "jazzed" up with fringe. The tears saved her imo. The rest were ok but nothing jumped out at me as awesome (maybe I liked Molly's outfit but didn't to see it enough to know for sure)---I preferred the prior episode. 

48 minutes ago, millennium said:

Is "afro-punk" a thing or do they just pull these terms out of thin air?

I'm bored this season.   Haawaa's face was hideous. 

Allie should have won.

It's a thing (the concert has been around for at least a decade), and refers to a movement of African Americans in the punk scene. Check out images of attendees at the yearly Afro Punk music festival and you'll see fabulous examples of street style. Those from the Paris Festival are simply stunning. 

• Love 5

I hated the winning look so much! Hideous, synthetic, oversized overalls with a bra showing...I can't believe anyone would wear it to work or happy hour--but I bet it would pare nicely with one of PR winner Erin's similarly garish, oversized neoprene jackets! I also was sad to see Rene go home, I don't think his was the worst--and there were some 'safe' looks that might have gone into the bottom, too.

• Love 4

How did underwater ninja win? Neoprene overalls should never be a thing. I liked Allie's look way better (probably because it couldn't be worn on a deep sea dive). I want there to be an automatic penalty for the next neoprene outfit and the next ridiculous story about a spy or a ninja. 

• Love 3

Indy, I concur with the neoprene. But I don't mind the spy or ninja. These are kids who apparently have no "realistic" view of the workplace. They'll find out soon enough. Secretly though kudos to any of the kids who actually do grow up to have a job being a spy or a ninja. :)

• Love 2

I thought the winning look was an absolute joke. How could anyone work in that outfit normally, let alone as "a spy." Spies are supposed to fit in and be inconspicuous. So, Chelsea's girl is actually a spy in a cartoon. As for the judges, I just don't get what they're smoking.

I loved Allie's the best. Very elegant. Not sure you could wear that in every office with the mid-drift showing, but probably in some fashionista, artsy, design studio.

I'm sorry but Hawaa's look was so damn busy I was getting a headache looking at it. If that's what's in, then I'm out. And, honestly, the young lady herself looks hideous with all of that make-up. She's very attractive, so what the hell is she doing making her face up like she has a sideline entertaining at children's parties.

The girl with the plant on her head can leave anytime now. The dramatics are tiring, let alone the plant affectation.

Whoever said that Akai's and Cartrier's looks were similar was right on the money. I guess they expect more from her than from him, so they pinged her for it. Also, I guess, if they singled out Akai it would look bad after Tim just wasted a save on him. And, I think he did waste it.

If Tieler is the guy who designed the checked dress that had no shape whatsoever, I have to question his taste. That thing was like a sack with holes cut in it and even made the model look dumpy.

• Love 1

I liked Allie's look a lot, too. The shoe choice was smart, it helped make the look contemporary. If I worked for Talbot's, Ann Taylor Loft, or any other place that leans conservative, I'd hire someone like her to add some youth to freshen up the company style.

• Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:43 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I liked Izzy the first few weeks but her shrieking "LOOK AT ME!" drama queen business reminded me that she is a teenager (and why I don't love being around teenagers anymore). I had to  remind myself that I was probably just as bad when I was 16.

Exactly. Her histrionics and screeching for attention make me want to smack her, but then I remember being that age. I was no doubt just as obnoxious, and can't even imagine how I'd have been on a TV show. Still want to smack her tho.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:06 PM, cpcathy said:

Laura Petrie woulda rocked the hell out of that outfit too. Also LOVED the shoes with it.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:29 PM, Straycat80 said:

I kept seeing Samantha Jones in that outfit. She would totally wear it. With Heidi Klum's over the knee shiny silver hooker space boots.

• Love 2

I'm still annoyed that Tim wasted his save on A'kai - who should have been in the bottom again this week.  Child or adult, I can't stand a weepy whiner.  Especially one who reminds me of a mini-Bill Cosby.

• Love 2

The dumb overalls certainly aren't my taste but I can kind of see the "FASHION" in it. But her story of a CEO in that?! Nuh uh.

Look, I'm in a creative field. I've worked in ad agencies in San Francisco, where you can get away with a whole lot. And I still can't imagine anyone showing up with that strappy / bandeau / peekaboo top action.

Worse, it wasn't even a little day to night, and it especially lacked glamour -- which you'd think might matter since they praised Allie for getting an element glamour they said others missed. It was just fashion sporty. The judges have never been consistent so that's not a surprise, but feh.

Edited by snarktini
  • Love 1