Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Let's Put It Back Together Again

On 1/19/2017 at 11:15 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Social media guy (who is kind of reminding me of a ginger Edward Nygma from Gotham) is clearly a creep who is stealing Rayna's shit, but that weird fan encounter with that other guy stood out.  I guess we're into "Guess the Stalker!" territory, now?

My bet is on creepy fan on the street is the stalker, creepy social media guy is stealing her shit and selling it on Craigslist because reasons we don't care about, but will be forced to.  It's the felon girl at the bar all over again.

On 1/15/2017 at 0:07 AM, AnnaRose said:

Oh, and Juliette feeling the pee on her leg but not the weight of Cadence on her lap... I guess she is regaining feeling distally first.  Is that how it normally happens?  The same way a person shows signs of motor nerve function returning by moving a finger or a toe?  Or maybe she never lost sensory higher up? 

On 1/12/2017 at 10:33 PM, Brinny said:

Oh, and this is super minor and maybe I'm just slow on the uptake, but when Juliette realized that some of the feeling in her legs returned, it was because she could feel that Cadence had peed on her. Which, fine, okay. But wouldn't she have to have felt Cadence on her legs as well? That kid is into toddler territory and she can't be that light. Juliette wasn't holding her above her own legs while trying to change her either, she clearly had Cadence on her lap. I don't know. It's the small things, I guess.

I actually found this to be tremendously accurate.  My spinal cord was crushed almost 2 years ago, and I had a lot of the same problems Juliette is having (though I'm finding some of her recovery a little fast...) but when you have lost sensation and it begins to come back, temperature and pain re the first things you can feel.  So I don't think it was the pee, exactly, but the warmth from the pee that she felt.  Works out the same, but was a nice detail for me.  I will never forget the first time (after months of no sensation in my foot), when it rested on a cold tile floor and I could feel the cold.  I'm sure Juliette won't forget the feel of that pee either, since it is a huge moment for her.  So I really appreciated this moment.

• Love 4

Ailianna,

That's interesting that you had a similar injury to Juliette's. One thing that's bothered me is that she doesn't seem to have crushed vertebrae. Shouldn't she be in a brace or be more careful when moving around, like riding her wheelchair over a bumpy field? That always bothered me.

I think they are taking some liberties there.  She doesn't actually have to have seriously crushed or splintered the vertebrae for this spinal cord injury (I didn't), but they certainly suggested that she had.  And like any other type of bone, it takes weeks to heal, if it will, and she would have needed a body brace to support her spine for several weeks.  I was in a rehab center with lots of people who had them, and they are like turtle shells, large plastic plates on the front and back of the body, or they are a metal structure built around the body to support the spine, which actually allows even less movement.  I do think she's moving REALLY quickly through the bone damage portion, and I doubt we will see a lot of proprioception issues (where her brain doesn't know what parts of her body are doing, especially in the legs, since it's inherent ability o know where the limbs are located is damaged), which I would expect with her type of injury (as far as the show has explained).  But the temperature idea (or what I read into it as the temperature idea)was really on the spot.

On February 1, 2017 at 5:50 AM, Ailianna said:

I actually found this to be tremendously accurate.  My spinal cord was crushed almost 2 years ago, and I had a lot of the same problems Juliette is having (though I'm finding some of her recovery a little fast...) but when you have lost sensation and it begins to come back, temperature and pain re the first things you can feel.  So I don't think it was the pee, exactly, but the warmth from the pee that she felt.  Works out the same, but was a nice detail for me.  I will never forget the first time (after months of no sensation in my foot), when it rested on a cold tile floor and I could feel the cold.  I'm sure Juliette won't forget the feel of that pee either, since it is a huge moment for her.  So I really appreciated this moment.

Interesting! You learn something new every day. I would have never guess that would be the case. Thanks for explaining/sharing. Hope your recovery is coming along well. :)

Deacon with his lollipop and "since April." XD

What is happening? Are there going to be multiple black characters on the show at the same time!?! Inconceivable!

When Randall brought her the juice I thought... oh, so he's the stalker.

So their brilliant idea for a new character is a version of Layla who can't sing? WHY??? Also, shouldn't there be someone else in the room... someone like Ashley's manager or something?

Why did that guy go "wow"? If she's vegan she should be able to order from a vegan restaurant. That's not a crazy idea or high maintenance. Same with the whole wheat thing if that's what she ordered. Daphne made an excellent point about Maddie being an intern. Maybe she should stop getting orders wrong and then there would be less of an issue. 

It was kind of cliched but at least the Avery/Ashley thing got back to the business of making music which was nice. 

Hayden is a wonderful actress but they were pouring it on a little thick with her claiming to have never cared about anyone else. Usually Juliette scenes make me cry but this did nothing because it felt more like the self-pitying thing she sometimes does. 

I appreciate that these writers are dealing with the consequences of the emancipation thing. The old writers would have just tried to breeze past it. And it was nice that Deacon got to do some parenting. But also, oh my God, I wish someone kept track of how much of this show was characters apologizing to each other. 

I usually love a Juliette song but this one was a little lame. It didn't sound exactly like those popular drippy singer songwriter ballads that dominate on the radio now but I felt like it was in the same spirit of those songs. If it had to be a religious song, I wish it had been a better one. 

Ashley was pretty nice to accept Maddie's apology that quickly and easily.

I get that country music is a very "white" scene, so this cast isn't going to be as diverse as some others, but I really hate the way they use characters of color on this show.  With the possible exception of Coleman, they always seem to be these ephemeral figures who exist solely to stand there listening and facilitate the white main characters' hopes and dreams.  Would it be too much to ask to have one non-white person with their own story arc?  

On the plus side, I do think the show is better this season!  One important change, I think, is that the characters are just nicer to each other now.  I mean, of course there are confrontations and there is Maddie, but in the subtle, quiet moments, they're just overall more respectful of each other.  They actually seem to like and care about each other. 

On 3/15/2017 at 1:56 AM, aradia22 said:

What is happening? Are there going to be multiple black characters on the show at the same time!?! Inconceivable!

HA!  So spot-on.