Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Kulinda

• Start Topic

Nice to see Nell continuing her adventures in the field. Boo that Kensi is still struggling. Although I give the show props for keeping the actress on a reduced schedule after her maternity leave. Shooting a couple of scenes a week, with no action sequences, must be a nice break for Daniela while making it clear that her job is secure. 

Looking forward to next week! 

• Love 1

I really liked this episode.  Lower body count than usual, and I liked that the subjects of the investigation were actually good, decent people just as they appeared to be.  I'm becoming fonder of Anna, and I kinda like her chemistry with Callen.  My only problem is that she has to be half Callen's age, but that's just Hollywood, I guess.  Good Sam and Deeks scene at the beginning, which I guess goes some way towards explaining the lack of Densi scenes in the last several episodes.  I like that they are still being realistic about Kensi's ongoing physical and emotional recovery.  It shouldn't be smooth sailing, even though she's getting herself back in fighting shape physically.  And it seems realistic that the months of uncertainty, frustration and fear would take its toll on Densi's relationship.  I trust that the show will let us see them as they pull themselves back together, and I'm looking forward to that.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MostlyC said:

I'm calling it now: 

Reveal hidden contents

Nate

is the mole.

Reveal hidden contents

His conversation with Kensi felt....off

Like Callen's chemistry with Anna.

Spoiler

I'm not sure how Nate could be the mole since he is so seldom there.  But I totally agree the conversation with Kensi felt way off - like he was there secretly, doing mole business, when she unexpectedly showed up and he quickly covered by saying he was there for her - it just felt so fake.

I agree, Callen and Anna are very natural together.

Edited by Trey
  • Love 1

The COW wasn't that compelling but I liked all the little character interactions. Deeks and Sam at the beginning, their relationship has really come a long way since its somewhat antagonistic beginnings. Deeks withstanding torture to protect Michelle was the turning point and I'm glad the show hasn't forgotten about it. You know Sam's got your back when he's not stopping you from playing a trick on Callen but actually joining in the fun (too bad we did not get to see the scene between Eric and Callen). Deeks out-geeking a meerkat about local history and Japanese gardening terms was also nice.

I appreciate that they take their time with Kensi's healing process and return to the team. And it's always great to see Nate - so I do hope show's not pulling a Blindspot on us. Kensi's reaction to him was understandable but also a bit odd. Did she really expect to get back after such a traumatic injury without a prior psychological evaluation? Sounds like standard procedure to me.

I like Anna when she's bubbly and fun with the team. But insecure and babbling Anna around Callen is another story. It was inevitable but like others I don't see the chemistry and the writing isn't exactly helping (neither is the 15 years age gap between the actors mentioned above) - but the prospect of more scenes with Arkady (and the team's ribbing Callen about his future father-in-law) is making me pretty mellow about the pairing.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, mtmjr said:

I'm becoming fonder of Anna, and I kinda like her chemistry with Callen.  My only problem is that she has to be half Callen's age, but that's just Hollywood, I guess.  

I actually looked this up last ep because I thought same. They are only (only-ha)15 years apart - which I think is more of a testament to COD's ageless countenance than Bar's fabu body. 

2 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I like Anna when she's bubbly and fun with the team. But insecure and babbling Anna around Callen is another story. It was inevitable but like others I don't see the chemistry and the writing isn't exactly helping (neither is the 15 years age gap between the actors mentioned above) - but the prospect of more scenes with Arkady (and the team's ribbing Callen about his future father-in-law) is making me pretty mellow about the pairing.

aaaaaand @MissLucas already explained this..... whoops.

Filler episode but good. I liked that the the main guys in the security firm were all good guys, no one was a hidden bad guy.

Spoiler

Excited about getting the mole storyline over though truth be told, if a one outpost of a government agency had this many ,oles, it deserves to be shut down and everyone fired. 

Personally I like Anna. And I like her with Callen. I didn't even realize there was that big of an age difference between the actors, however seeing the actress has about a 16 year age difference with her actual husband, it kinda losses it's impact. 

When they find the 2 cars that were in the shooting. The Chevy Caprice and the Saturn Ion at the body shop. The guys find that they are about to cut them up for scrap to hide the evidence. Well a real mechanic would know that the body panels on the Ion, at least the fenders are plastic. This would make quite a fire from the torches.