Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Discussion

Apparently CBS All Access looked into picking up the show. But Netflix has restrictions in place which prohibit their shows from moving onto other streaming services for 2-3 years. Only hope is for a broadcast/cable network to come through.

• Love 1
On 2/10/2019 at 10:13 PM, Door County Cherry said:

Usually it is but here I didn't feel like it did.  For one, neither Todd (who I love in this show) or his wife are famous enough for me to associate the two of them together

I had no idea that was his RL wife until I read it here!

On 3/4/2019 at 10:13 PM, ShortyMac said:

Tito was there, too, being around more, like he promised. 🙂

That was my favorite detail (and not just because I think Danny Pino is hot as hell and have since Cold Case). And he was SO HAPPY. I love how happy the family (and I include Schneider and Dr. B in there too) is for each other. It's just so nice.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:28 AM, Chaos Theory said:

But season 3 has been in large part showing that on a way he is family as much as Penelope hates to admire it.  Like she said at her supporter group...he gets her.  And she gets her.

Not saying I ship them but they have always been their for each other.  

Yeah, they're family. I was so moved when during Penelope's talk with him about his relapse, he said that her asking him to take Alex to his baseball game was one of the proudest moments of his life. I could see being really struck by that if you're Penelope. I think that speaks volumes about how much the Alvarezes mean to him. Also that scene when Penelope was panicking and they were texting, and he knew just what pictures to send her to cheer her up. I've never gotten a romantic vibe from the two of them but I do think they love each other platonically/as family - I think he loves the whole Alvarez family, and they love him. I don't have much experience with addiction and recovery but I think it's very significant that Penelope went with him to his day one AA meeting and was cheering him on.

While I love her and Max (though he needed a haircut in that last scene) together, I also liked that Penelope was like, you know what, I AM happy, maybe The One Great Love isn't my lot in life, and that's fine. She should be enormously proud of the life she's built - she has two great kids, a strong support system, and has reached a professional goal. 

I'm really mad about the cancellation. I saw it trending on social media when Netflix announced it. I'm just like ... cancel Rita Moreno? How dare you?

• Love 6

I got to go with a group and see a preview of the movie Breakthrough, with Chrissy Metz, Josh Lucas, Topher Grace, etc. Marcel Ruiz (Alex) plays a kid facing some major medical challenges, and every time he had a small victory, all I could hear inside my head, over and over, was, “¡Dale! papito, ¡Dale!” 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I recently re-watched the first three seasons, and I had forgotten about Elena working for Schneider after it turned out she had a natural aptitude towards being "handy".  I don't think we saw any of that in the first half of season four, and I hope it's something they revisit.  Not even necessarily her working for him, as I don't believe she works during the school year, but just a little thing in the background from time to time where she's fixing a lamp, bookcase, etc.  It fits with Penelope's frugality and Elena's desire to avoid wastefulness, and is just a nice character touch.  We don't see many characters on TV who know how to fix or build anything, especially female characters.  All DIY projects on TV are wacky hijinks about to ensue, when in real life there are plenty of us who just casually - and correctly - fix something when it breaks because we learned how and like doing it ourselves.

I had also forgotten how many times I cried in those episodes!  There was a really nice balance of comedy and emotion.

I'm glad they ditched the other two characters in Dr. B's office; they were a little too sitcom-y. 

• Love 3