Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Tarts & Tartans

Of course the breakfast drama was manufactured, no where in Scotland would anyone not have/ admit to not having eggs. Next time, maybe they'll go to Wales and there won't be any tea, maybe?

• Love 3
On January 16, 2017 at 9:30 AM, pasdetrois said:

Juliet strikes me as one of those people who do not believe depression is real. You know, the type who says "pick yourself up and stop being so sad." Her frame of reference is so self-centered that she cannot begin to relate to someone whose experiences are different than hers.

I agree, but the thing is, some people really don't understand depression at all.  Here's how I'd explain it to someone:  I'd pick up a white napkin and ask them what color it is, they'd say it was white.  It's white because you know what the color white looks like, so your eyes carry the message to your brain (or visa versa) and you say, "it's white."  But when a person is depressed, they'll tell you the napkin is black, because THAT'S what their brain is telling them.  Juliet said that as a mother she could never leave her children, so to her suicide is selfish.  Juliet feels that way because HER brain is telling her that.  But what if your brain told you, "Kill yourself, no one's going to give a fuck."  That's the issue.

I really wonder why Marissa did this show.  She doesn't seem well.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I agree, but the thing is, some people really don't understand depression at all.  Here's how I'd explain it to someone:  I'd pick up a white napkin and ask them what color it is, they'd say it was white.  It's white because you know what the color white looks like, so your eyes carry the message to your brain (or visa versa) and you say, "it's white."  But when a person is depressed, they'll tell you the napkin is black, because THAT'S what their brain is telling them.  Juliet said that as a mother she could never leave her children, so to her suicide is selfish.  Juliet feels that way because HER brain is telling her that.  But what if your brain told you, "Kill yourself, no one's going to give a fuck."  That's the issue.

I really wonder why Marissa did this show.  She doesn't seem well.

I would think that perhaps she signed a contract to be on the show before she learned how difficult her pregnancy would be, or that her hot dog shop was going to go belly up.

The show would have been good exposure for the hot dog shop, the same way it is good exposure for Mapperton (but much, much better exposure for Scottish castles!) 

• Love 1