Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Summer House Rules

• Start Topic

ITA with an earlier comment about the Montauk buffoons being not much to look at.  I wouldn't even say they're an unattractive bunch.  Just not memorable-looking -- any of 'em.  Several of the dudes look completely interchangeable.  Yeah, I guess Kyle is good-looking, but in a very generic way.  The twins?  Meh.

Five minutes into the second hour, when it became clear the Montauk show was starting, I tuned out.  Not for me.  So Kyle is 33? Is he supposed to be the Jax of this lame show?  Idk, the chucklefucks all have distinctive looks & personalities.  That's what has made VPR work.  This Montauk crap?  Uh, no.

I thought Stass looked pretty good in that swimsuit.  And yet it seemed kinda outta place in that setting.  I know Stassi seems to think she has an exceptional fashion sense, but it's not just about what you wear, but when & where you wear it.

• Love 5

For those who bailed out on Summer House, public service announcement to give it a chance. The crossover part didn't work because they were strangers, but when it just went to the SH gang, oh, man, it was better than the VDPR half! I don't know whether we're supposed to talk about that here or in the SH board (presuming there is one), but the season previews promise a show jam-packed with the hook-ups and tears and fighting and cheating that we come to love on these shows. The SH gang is like halfway on the intelligence and wealth scale between VDPR and the Southern Charm gangs. It reminds me not of the Courtney dating in Dallas show but her original one that she was spun off from--anyone remember that show? It was about a group of singles and she was in love with her friend. This SH show promises a lot of that inter-group hook-up/break-up drama.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

For those who bailed out on Summer House, public service announcement to give it a chance. The crossover part didn't work because they were strangers, but when it just went to the SH gang, oh, man, it was better than the VDPR half! I don't know whether we're supposed to talk about that here or in the SH board (presuming there is one), but the season previews promise a show jam-packed with the hook-ups and tears and fighting and cheating that we come to love on these shows. The SH gang is like halfway on the intelligence and wealth scale between VDPR and the Southern Charm gangs. It reminds me not of the Courtney dating in Dallas show but her original one that she was spun off from--anyone remember that show? It was about a group of singles and she was in love with her friend. This SH show promises a lot of that inter-group hook-up/break-up drama.

You can discuss this crossover episode here or the SH parts in that forum.  We do have a "Summer House" forum, it can be found here.

• Love 2

But I'm assuming that Stassi really needs to up her flirting/dating skills lately because she's coming off as way too intense and hard-edged for any man to dare ask her out and crack that shell. I just wanna tell the gal to just relax and get over herself already: have fun and date a few duds! Extra practice is good if you're supposedly throwing yourself back into the dating game. 

Meh, she just broke up with Patrick (or so they say), so i don't think she needs to up her game. The guy was a drunk pig. I'm sure she doesn't want another Jax no matter what. I looked the dental sales guy. He was handsome and didn't seem to drink like an asshole. 

Her suit was tragic. Who told her or didn't tell her about her nips showing?

No way would I spend time with Jax in that RV. Blech. I hope Ariana's bro ends up with Brittany. :)

Lala... Just get out of my sight!

Edited by hatchetgirl
To add
  • Love 1

A lot of girls/women think that playing dumb is cute.  I think it's tragic.  If you find yourself in a social situation that's over your head, why not fake it until you make it?  Look around the table and copy what others are doing.  There's no quiz.  If you don't know the meaning of a word, maybe look it up later?  This group is so dumb they don't even have enough sense to avoid looking dumb.  

Also The Winklevoss Twins or whatever their dumb names are (it starts with a W and I don't care enough to learn it because I'm not watching their stupid show) have a lot of teeth and are not nearly as hot as they think they are.  

They're borderline frightening looking.  More so the one with the bug eyes on the sides of her head.  

• Love 5

Super jealous of that clam bake.  I went to one this past summer in Maine... so freaking delicious.  I'm not a big seafood person either but I love lobster and crab.  At our clam bake we got two full lobsters, corn, a potato, soup, and steamed clams in the shell.  Clams are not really for me (unless deep fried) but I did try them! They weren't all that bad except I had a hard time getting rid of the gritty bar. 

The cross over was weird.. I hung on till the very end.... but was funny was the summer house people making of VPR and saying they don't have real jobs lol 

On 1/10/2017 at 10:53 AM, SFoster21 said:

Don't they eat sushi or lobster in LA?  These women are waitresses in an upscale restaurant!  They are unfamiliar with lobster? 

I think they all eat food from SUR, which by all accounts is aggressively mediocre, a random frozen meal from Trader Joe's, and fast food. Actually more than anything, I think they drink most of their calories.

• Love 5

Has it always been a chucklefuck thing to go -- "Really?"  Never noticed this before, but it was said so many times in this ep by various chucklefucks.

Gosh, that awesome clambake made me want a lobster so badly.  I was super jelly!  And no, Scheana, you clueless moron, that doesn't mean I wanna eat a cat!

Sheesh, Katie sure is one unattractive sloppy drunk.  Yuck.

• Love 4

VERY late to the party, but I just haven't been interested in watching this season, not to mention writing about it.

I felt second-hand embarrassment for the girls at the clam bake. Wow, learn some manners! I'm not sure if they were worse than the women from RHoOC or not, but damn, it was close! 

I should have known this really wasn't going to be an hour-long ep, but imagine my surprise when it appeared the chucklefucks left their own show. leaving the cameramen behind to continue filming.

• Love 2
On 1/10/2017 at 2:14 PM, Teddybear said:

And maybe Scheana needs straws because of her fake teeth?  

I can't drink anything with ice unless I have a straw, chemo made this worse. So, water and shots are ok, but frozen or rocks drinks, never. And reusable straws? I can imagine what an oncology nurse would say, and it would not be nice.

Having said that, the girls' manners were atrocious.  

I just started watching the summer house show, and those people all look like characters from a silly 80´s early 90´s movie comedy... It´s strange, they´re incredibly strange and not in a good way. They kind of scare me so I´m gonna keep watching, with that in mind.

I actually liked the bitch-gang partying in the summer house. Mainly because they were all constantly making out with bottles, or so it seemed. It was funny.

Oh, and Kyle is not a millennial, he´s just a douche, and being a douche does not make him a millennial even though most (self-labeling) millennials are douchy. He´s almost a middle aged man. And I doubt even millennials would claim him.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 1
On 1/10/2017 at 1:11 AM, WhosThatGirl said:

Vanderpump is really the only bravo show I watch. I did watch project runway and Rachel Zoe though. Oh and that terrible show about the rich New York high school kids that wanted to be Laguna Beach but failed. And I got sucked into vanderpump when I watched the season 2 finale and consequently the reunion right after and then I had to watch them all, so chances are I'll be seeing summer house at some point maybe.

I've watched way more Bravo shows than I'd like to admit. NYC Prep wasn't trying to be Laguna Beach. It was trying to be Gossip Girl. The problem is that the cast had no chemistry with each other, and none of them really knew each other.

I might watch Summer House. Kyle seems endearingly inept.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I've watched way more Bravo shows than I'd like to admit. NYC Prep wasn't trying to be Laguna Beach. It was trying to be Gossip Girl. The problem is that the cast had no chemistry with each other, and none of them really knew each other.

The funny thing about NYC Prep is that almost every kid who participated in it was asked to not return to (aka kicked out) their respective schools because of their participation in the show.

• Love 3
On 1/22/2017 at 1:07 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Remember Jessie??  "Did you just throw a motherfucking bottle at my motherfucking head?" With that lisp!

• Love 2