Type keyword(s) to search

Flipping Out In The Media

Which is why I think it was spelled out in signed contracts.

I might not be the best judge on this though because

1.  I saw the whole and Gage was terrified portion of the joke more at his expense than hers, playing on that whole gay mean are afraid of vaginas trope
  2. I've seen a birth and find it horrifying and not because I have a problem with vaginas -- I just have a problem with giant goopy baby heads sticking out of them

I did think the shaving joke was in poor taste, but it was a joke.

• Love 1
On 9/13/2018 at 9:56 PM, crgirl412 said:

My God, how old was she????  Seriously. 

Jeff said last night his grandmother was almost 93. She was his mother's mother. His mother died very young., I think Jeff said he was 8.  His father didn't get along with her. He also said his grandmother lost her daughter (Jeff's mom) and her husband in the same year and she never really got over it. Sad. I'm glad Jeff took care of her. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Jeff said last night his grandmother was almost 93. She was his mother's mother. His mother died very young., I think Jeff said he was 8.  His father didn't get along with her. He also said his grandmother lost her daughter (Jeff's mom) and her husband in the same year and she never really got over it. Sad. I'm glad Jeff took care of her. 

iirc, he said they died in the same month!  I can see why she was cranky.

• Love 4
On 10/10/2018 at 4:54 PM, biakbiak said:

Yep. Is Jeff the oldest of his brothers? He said his mom was 38 when she died, though I guess 20 isn’t that unusual to have a kid.

I think he's the youngest but not sure about that.  

On 10/10/2018 at 12:47 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

Just because she said no in the delivery room doesn't mean she didn't sign away her rights earlier when signing contracts.  Not saying it wasn't shitty, just saying it might not have been illegal.

On 10/10/2018 at 12:50 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Good point.  I still find it hard that a media company the size of NBC wouldn't have their i's dotted and t's crossed on something like this, but anything is possible I guess.

I'd have to watch it again, but it seemed pretty clear to me that the contract specified that there would be no camera crew in the delivery room and that she'd not be filmed by a camera crew. However, all of the footage that was used was "Jeff's personal camera" which I think was the end run around her camera crew prohibition. I'm sure she allowed Jeff to take his own footage because she assumed it was for their family.

• Love 3

LAMMMEEEEEE - oh well. I'd rather him have his 3 day a week radio show than seasonal tv show.

But aren't people are Bravo told that their contract won't be renewed instead of just letting it expire without no notification? 

Edited by gunderda
3 hours ago, Showthyme said:

Jenni sued Bravo for wrongful termination. Bravo had to cancel the show so it appears that Jeff was fired too.

Jenni has done practically nothing this season. 

The show hasn’t been cancelled the headline is extremely misleading. It might but it hasn’t been yet. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Well, Jeff's contract wasn't renewed by the date of expiration of current contract, by his own admission, so while that doesn't technically cancel Flipping Out, it effectively cancels Flipping Out imo.

This literally is how Bravo handles all its shows. The contracts are short term, his previous contracts have also expired before he got a new one. I think this is Jeff playing hardball.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

This literally is how Bravo handles all its shows. The contracts are short term, his previous contracts have also expired before he got a new one. I think this is Jeff playing hardball.

Then I guess this seasons ratings will have a lot to do with it. Unfortunately for Jeff, I’m finding the show harder to watch (he can’t get along with anyone and his staff looks scared or victims of verbal abuse) and suspect others feel the same. I do enjoy seeing his daughter Monroe. 

• Love 3

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if his contract renews.  He does seem to like to feed the frenzy and I'm still not sure people on a show have found out their show has been cancelled just because the contract expired.  It seems like a bizarre way to handle things. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, gunderda said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if his contract renews.  He does seem to like to feed the frenzy and I'm still not sure people on a show have found out their show has been cancelled just because the contract expired.  It seems like a bizarre way to handle thin

Jeff has started a petition on change.org for Bravo to sign him for renewal.  So his radio show is on Andy’s channel.  No one from Bravo has said that he’s not being renewed.  And now he’s got a petition.  So this is completely a stunt.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, gunderda said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if his contract renews.  He does seem to like to feed the frenzy and I'm still not sure people on a show have found out their show has been cancelled just because the contract expired.  It seems like a bizarre way to handle things. 

Not renewing at all i heard this morning i am sad??

On 9/9/2018 at 2:21 PM, stewedsquash said:

I think it has to be for show, the falling out. I went to her twitter and she is promoting the show in current time, showing no signs of a falling out.

I adore both of them but there is a little bit of a "gotcha" under the surface for me with Jenni. A little bit of a sneak. Jeff is upfront, in your face, no holds barred, no "gotcha" under the surface to me. He sees all, is nobody's fool, and doesn't like being played and when he is he goes full throttle "get the heck out of here" mode, bridges burned. I think he has to be that way because there is always someone who is going to do the "gotcha" with him. 

The article says she reported him and there was an investigation and he was cleared so who knows if it is real or "real".

I 100 percent agree it was very sneaky

14 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Jeff has started a petition on change.org for Bravo to sign him for renewal.  So his radio show is on Andy’s channel.  No one from Bravo has said that he’s not being renewed.  And now he’s got a petition.  So this is completely a stunt.

He didn't start it lol  a fan started it and Jeff learned about it so he's been promoting it because he thinks it's funny. 

So I listened to his radio show from Tuesday (when the petition had about 350 signatures, last night it was up to 35,000) and he had Leah Black on who was on Real Housewives of Miami and she did confirm that sometimes Bravo will just go MIA if they cancel a show, Leah said that's what happened to her when they cancelled HW of Miami. So apparently it's possible... BUT Andy sent Jeff a text (that Jeff wasn't suppose to read to the public) that sometimes Bravo waits until the end of the current season to renew. But Jeff said that sometimes they renew after a couple episodes... sometimes a little bit longer... but that it is true that sometimes it happens when the season is done airing. Sounds like that has never happened to Jeff though. 

Also Jeff and Gage said that they had a very big meeting later that day but couldn't say where but Jeff just wanted to make Bravo aware. Because he feels hurt that after 11 years IF they are cancelling his show that they're doing it like this instead of just being outright.

OH, and back in June he was given a HUGE offer from Bravo - he said one you only dream of after being there for 11 years - and then about a month later when all the lawsuit stuff came out (can't remember if it was the surrogate one or Jenny) they rescinded the offer. But that must not have been anything to do with his current contract. 

• Love 1

One of the articles said the show was "his main source of income" Really????

So he's in the poor house as well? Relatively speaking, of course. He has so many properties tied up in repairs that he's probably gonna have to finish them up quickly and sell, I guess. 

That black kitchen is beyond horrible. But I guess if you can afford an almost 8 million dollar home, you are not actually expected to use the room, let alone do any actual cooking. 

• Love 2

Is the show officially cancelled? I feel like the show has run its course. I like seeing Monroe, but I am watching more out of habit than really enjoying it. I do not know why Bravo would want to pick the show up for another season at this point because of Jeff's antics regarding not being green lit for one more season. I feel like Jeff pulls this crap when he feels slighted.

• Love 1

As someone who considered myself an avid watcher previously, I also have been pretty apathetic about this season.  I have actually only watched one show on the actual viewing night, the rest on-demand, and still haven't caught the last 2 episodes.  I agree that it's pretty played out.  I'm sure that I'm influenced by all of this behind-the-camera nonsense.  I don't find Jenny to be nearly as compelling as I used to, and perhaps that's because of what we now know about her work situation at JLD.  Sounds like she's been a high paid prop for a few seasons.  Jeff's schtick is wearing thin.

As to whether or not this is his primary source of income, I have my doubts.  I guess one would have to know what Bravo pays him to really make a fair judgement on that.  If he's in the $half million dollar/season or more neighborhood, then he would definitely miss the money, no doubt.  

Just a few thoughts

Ratings rule.  Have we heard from Bravo that the show hasn't been renewed?  All this talk about cancellation could be smoke and mirrors .... put out by Bravo peeps to get a handle on public reaction on cancellation (I think they do this with housewives, too). 

For being a gay man, Andy is a guy's guy in many ways.  He'll stick by Jeff.  Jenny will be left on the curb to fend for herself.

The 4th wall does exist.  I've always maintained - from Day 1 - that you don't mess with Andy or Bravo if you want to keep your job.  Do as your told and keep your mouth shut.  Simple as that.  Oh, and stay out of legal trouble - even if Bravo isn't involved, but especially if Bravo is involved and payola won't do the trick.

If Jenny and the surrogate can be bought off, and ratings are high enough, I imagine Jeff will be back.  

Edited by Jextella

From the ^link, Andy:  

“Just so you know, if it doesn’t get picked up after this season by Bravo, he had a meeting at Netflix yesterday — he’s desperately trying to get this show on Netflix,” Cohen claimed. “It’ll wind up on Netflix. You’re going to get Flipping Out. The show’s going to get picked up. If it’s not on Bravo, then it’ll be somewhere … It’ll be a similar show. It’ll be a littler inferior if it’s somewhere else, but it’s okay.”  

They can both say anything they wish about it, but to me, it looks like each of them has adopted a scorched earth style, while attempting to gaslight each other.

I don't expect to see JL on Bravo in the future.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 2

I dont know where to post this so I will on this thread:

Did the next episode not air this week ? Isn't Tuesday the regular night? I looked for it in the schedule for this week and couldn't find on any night even if it was moved..

If so, this smells weird to me. Has Bravo pulled it? This week's episode was supposed to be the blowup between Jenni and Jeff I think. 

29 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I think Bravo just pre-empted it, because they are airing the show that took Flipping Out's place all week in that time slot. I do not know what the show is called, but I think it is only four or five episodes. 

Welcome To Waverly.  It was pretty entertaining.  Seems to be about a group of young, urban folks going to Waverly, KS, to live/work for a few weeks.  See how the "other half" lives sort of thing.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, raiderred1 said:

Tomorrow is Monroe's birthday! October 25th. We share the same day but I am just a titch older than that cutie pie.

Happy Birthday. I hope that you get as spoiled and fussed over as Monroe is on your special day. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, shoovenbooty said:

Release form signed by the surrogate deemed "unconscionable" by judge; case going to trial. Side note: I didn't know Gage's last name was Fredenburg!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/thr-esq/bravo-cant-force-arbitration-surrogate-childbirth-was-shown-flipping-1154481

I read in the AGN Blinds that the production company and network are ready to sign some big checks to settle this. Jeff is the one who wants to fight. You know he always has to be right, have the last word, be the one in charge...ad nauseaum. 

I think that Jeff was vile making that snickering comment about her shaving. If she didn’t consent to having the birth filmed (being disputed in court in 2019) that is pretty low for them to have filmed her anyway. When giving birth you don’t always have the presence of mind to scrutinize your surroundings for hidden cameras. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Happy Birthday. I hope that you get as spoiled and fussed over as Monroe is on your special day. 

Aww, thank you so much MT.  I did get spoiled with a nice Italian lunch from my DH.  I'm sure Monroe gets much more than that. ;)

• Love 3
Just now, raiderred1 said:

Aww, thank you so much MT.  I did get spoiled with a nice Italian lunch from my DH.  I'm sure Monroe gets much more than that. ;)

I’m very happy for you, especially because I bet it was less drama filled than a birthday party (or dinner) for Monroe. Wishing you many more. ?

• Love 2

Who signs a legal document (esp. relating to your appearance on a major TV show) without bringing it to an attorney?  If Jeff & Gage can prove that she agreed to verbiage relating to the filming of Monroe's birth, then it's her own fault.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, MsTree said:

Who signs a legal document (esp. relating to your appearance on a major TV show) without bringing it to an attorney?  If Jeff & Gage can prove that she agreed to verbiage relating to the filming of Monroe's birth, then it's her own fault.

I annoy people because when they want me to sign something I take the time to read the whole thing. Even if a lawyer tells me something is OK to sign I still insist on a full read. They try to make me feel badly for wasting their time but I don’t care. She should have had legal advice before signing up for the surrogacy and understood exactly what she was getting into. I’m hoping that Jeff didn’t bully her into signing. I also wonder if she was somewhat star struck and didn’t exactly care because she was doing it for someone a bit famous. I think she would also have had to sign over the rights to be filmed and the contract didn’t specifically say when or where. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 8
On 10/25/2018 at 8:40 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I read in the AGN Blinds that the production company and network are ready to sign some big checks to settle this. Jeff is the one who wants to fight. You know he always has to be right, have the last word, be the one in charge...ad nauseaum. 

I think that Jeff was vile making that snickering comment about her shaving. If she didn’t consent to having the birth filmed (being disputed in court in 2019) that is pretty low for them to have filmed her anyway. When giving birth you don’t always have the presence of mind to scrutinize your surroundings for hidden cameras. 

Jeff's desire to fight this is reason enough for Bravo to dump his show. No network or production company that has anything to do with reality tv wants an actual judicial ruling that upends the entire way they do business.

Viacom and Bunim Murray settled with Tonya Cooley when it looked like a judge was going to rule that she was effectively an employee of MTV and Bunim Murray controlled every aspect of her life while she was shooting The Challenge. And as her employers, they had a duty to make sure her workplace was safe, which they failed to do when Kenny and Evan raped her on camera while she was passed out from drinking too much. I distinctly recall reading something from the judge that seemed to be leading to invalidating massive parts of her contract, including the clauses that state that reality tv participants are independent contractors. Viacom had more than enough money to fight it forever, but invalidating the independent contractor clause would have destroyed the industry.

I really suspect that she refused to have the production cameras film the birth, but agreed to let Gage and Jeff film it assuming that it was for personal use. Little did she know that Jeff and Gage would just turn the footage over to their producers. You can kind of tell that's what was going on because we've seen more and more cell phone footage popping up on all of the Bravo shows because the producers know that a lot of the casts wait until the cameras go dark to start wilding out. 

On 10/26/2018 at 1:41 AM, MsTree said:

Those end user agreements and disclosures that appear whenever you download new software, apps, or operating systems are legal agreements. They are binding and enforceable. So the answer to who signs legal documents without reading them or having an attorney present is billions of people, who each have done it hundreds or thousands of times.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 10

You're right.  The terrible thing is that he did this to the person who literally bore his child.  He should have bent over backwards to not do anything to hurt her.  Think they'll find another surrogate?  Ever?

• Love 8
20 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I really suspect that she refused to have the production cameras film the birth, but agreed to let Gage and Jeff film it assuming that it was for personal use. Little did she know that Jeff and Gage would just turn the footage over to their producers.

I suspect you are correct. And if that's the case, can he then turn around and claim that it's his personal footage; so therefore he/they didn't violate any contractual clause?