Type keyword(s) to search

Flipping Out In The Media

I'm glad I got notification on Facebook.  I've been watching since the beginning and I'll fight you for Jeff...I absolutely love him!  His FB page is a hoot.  He posts pictures of people sleeping in airports, etc. while he photobombs them.

• Love 1

I'm watching last season today as I didn't watch it then.  Not much has changed at all. 

One thing that is the most obvious about creating a more professional atmosphere is getting the business the hell out of Jeff's dining room.  He likes it that way since he can really be in control since it's in his home!!  They need to be a real office away from the house.   

I'm watching last season today as I didn't watch it then.  Not much has changed at all. 

One thing that is the most obvious about creating a more professional atmosphere is getting the business the hell out of Jeff's dining room.  He likes it that way since he can really be in control since it's in his home!!  They need to be a real office away from the house.   

I've always assumed he just doesn't want to pay the rental fee for an office space.  In a way,... unless you're meeting customers/clients at your office, there's generally no reason to keep up the appearance of physical office, which might also be his reasoning. 

I have a friend who her and her husband run an online business and have been doing so for many many years and have always had an actual business office until recently they moved the entire thing to their house and they have one employee. They arent in CA but it saves them like $5k a month in rent.

• Love 2

I've always assumed he just doesn't want to pay the rental fee for an office space.  In a way,... unless you're meeting customers/clients at your office, there's generally no reason to keep up the appearance of physical office, which might also be his reasoning. 

I have a friend who her and her husband run an online business and have been doing so for many many years and have always had an actual business office until recently they moved the entire thing to their house and they have one employee. They arent in CA but it saves them like $5k a month in rent.

I think that it can be done and done well and is the cheapest way to go.  Jeff just couldn't handle it at all; not with his controlling, unprofessional and very immature personality.  He would never make that big of a change since he needs the dysfunction too much. 

i just watched a promo clip on facebook about how jeff doesn't delegate and it reminded me so much of my boss. lol  she doesn't explode like that but i'm sure that's exactly what goes on in her mind. 

• Love 1

We have answers! The very first call on WWHL was about Andrew. Jeff and Jenni both said that he was given a million chances and screwed them all up. Jeff also said he suspected Andrew was working under the table while collecting unemployment. So pretty much what we expected, although I'd love to know more details about the screw-ups. I'm sure they're entertaining.

Jenni looked great on WWHL! I've always found her quite pretty.

From what Jeff said last night, he gave Andrew many chances and he [Jeff] did want the situation to work out. I believe him since Jenni said she thought Andrew had been given too many chances.

• Love 1

That's what I like about Jeff - he can seem like the biggest A-hole in the world but you know he has a heart because of the amount of chances he gives people. As long as you can deal with him yelling at you and can make some improvement it seems like he'll keep you on for the long haul. (however I would not like to be yelled at like that, I shut down in those situations lol)

• Love 3

I was so glad to hear on WWHL that Jeff was not in on supposedly "pranking" Andy with Brandi Glanville via a fake fight, her throwing a drink on him and then crying on-camera for five minutes. Never believed it for a minute.

• Love 4

Maybe Living Spaces did not see a sufficient increase in business by being linked with Jeff Lewis to make up for what they were paying him. So that, coupled with his unprofessionalism regarding Channa, led to severing the business relationship. I found his "tattling" on Channa kind of funny at first, but the more it went on it was pretty petty and unprofessional of him and I felt kind of bad for Channa and it reflected badly on the company...wonder if she was set up at all? Ironically I got a Living Spaces catalog in the mail a couple days after the Channa episode aired. Frankly, there wasn't a huge difference in the pages Jeff styled (which had his name prominently in a corner) and the other pages done by someone else!

By having his office in his house, not only does he get to same monthly rent on an office space but he gets significant tax advantages (deductions on percentage of utillities, house costs, etc) so it is financially beneficial for him.

Maybe Living Spaces did not see a sufficient increase in business by being linked with Jeff Lewis to make up for what they were paying him. So that, coupled with his unprofessionalism regarding Channa, led to severing the business relationship. I found his "tattling" on Channa kind of funny at first, but the more it went on it was pretty petty and unprofessional of him and I felt kind of bad for Channa and it reflected badly on the company...wonder if she was set up at all? Ironically I got a Living Spaces catalog in the mail a couple days after the Channa episode aired. Frankly, there wasn't a huge difference in the pages Jeff styled (which had his name prominently in a corner) and the other pages done by someone else!

I feel like we watched different shows! I didn't see Jeff "tattling" until the 3rd time Channa "forgot" the accessories. It was clearly not an accident. I thought he at least kind of tried to acknowledge that there was bound to be tension, and tried to share his stuff and help her when possible, but she just was not going to play fair. Of course, JLD's crew did get silly and bratty at some point, but this should not be a shock to anyone who has watched any random 10 minutes of that show. Living Spaces should have known what they were getting into. This reflected badly on them because their existing employee quite obviously sabotaged what she viewed as her competition. 

• Love 4

The 9-19-15 Washington Post has a real estate article about a design project Jeff did in Arlington, VA (near my home). The owners were fans of Jeff and reached out to him; it was his first project in the DC area.

Interestingly, since we speculate sometimes who actually works for Jeff's business and who is just a character on the show, the article mentions Gage and Vanina as being involved in the project.

The WP blog URL is: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/where-we-live/wp/2015/09/18/an-arlington-colonial-gets-star-treatment-bravo-style/

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 3

yipppeeeeee!

lol (from that article)

Continuing its commitment to high-quality programming, Bravo Media unveils a diversified slate of six new and 14 returning unscripted series

• Love 2

I bet they'll have a nanny or Gage will be the primary parent and Zoila will be kind of the honorary grandma.  I don't think she'd be able to keep up with a toddler very long.    I think she'll be fine--it's Jeff's kid too and she was really good with his animals--which he treats like they are his kids.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Seriously confused about something on this season. Is the house that they live in/work in/actively being remodeled during this season going to be their home when it is finished or is the house that was being held hostage by the architect that Jeff hated going to eventually be their home? I was so confused all season about both of the houses, the end game for each one.

I think they're the same house? As in, I think the house being held hostage by the architect is going to eventually be their home and it is also the house they are currently living/working in. I could be totally wrong though. But that was the impression I got. 

9 minutes ago, Lisin said:

I think they're the same house? As in, I think the house being held hostage by the architect is going to eventually be their home and it is also the house they are currently living/working in. I could be totally wrong though. But that was the impression I got. 

No there different. The house that is being held hostage is yellow and and goes down a hillside, its mulitple levels and was stripped to the studs. It's the house Jeff had previously flipped and they rented it with an option to buy when they moved out of Grammercy. The house that they are currently living in/remodelling is white on the top of a small hill and is a two story, they bought it because they were going to completely gut the yellow house but because Jeff is Jeff he couldn't just rent a house to live in temporarily but had to buy a house to also remodel.

• Love 1