Type keyword(s) to search

English Premier League

lambertman
  • Start Topic

With Manchester City dropping points, this weekend would have been a good time for Arsenal to get 3 points at Middlesbrough. Alas...

The Chelsea-Man U. match was a bit of a let down. Good win for Chelsea, but I was hoping for a more exciting game, where both teams gave it a go.

So what do we think, are Chelsea ever going to have a blip and drop off a little, or are they just going to keep this up until they win the league? Injuries or suspensions to Hazard or Costa could hurt them, but they seem pretty unstoppable.

For me I'm worried about losing Sadio Mané to AFCON in January. People said Coutinho would be our biggest loss attacking-wise, but I think it could be Mané. (And Lallana, we didn't function nearly as well while he was out.)

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:03 PM, Schweedie said:

Hey, at least *you* didn't lose to them!

Yeah, thank goodness for that!  I finally got to see the match yesterday, and Bournemouth played extremely well for the first hour or so.  If only Arsenal had played those 60 minutes like they played the last 15-20, they could've won the bloody thing.

Okay, so I'm not one of those Arsenal supports who clamor for Arsene's firing every time something goes horribly wrong, but what the hell was he thinking not starting Alexis?  Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference, but since it clearly did when he finally got into the match, I have to wonder.

(edited)

Granted, I initially got this info from the Daily Mail, but it was said that he left training early and had a row with teammates.  Take the info for what it was but apparently Wenger was trying to make a point.

I'd say a point was made, though not perhaps the one he wanted.

Edited by ChlcGirl
13 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

Granted, I initially got this info from the Daily Mail, but it was said that he left training early and had a row with teammates.  Take the info for what it was but apparently Wenger was trying to make a point.

I'd say a point was made, though not perhaps the one he wanted.

I did read something to that effect after I posted.  Still, you want to make a point about off-pitch/training behavior?  Fine him or something like that.  Or heck, even if Arsene had left him out of the starting lineup but brought him into the match sooner, it might've helped.  I know, Arsenal is like this every season; you'd think I'd be used to it by now.  Hope springs eternal, I guess.

That match today must have been particularly painful today if you're an Arsenal supporter. Sanchez already has a foot out the door, especially after seeing him laughing after the fifth goal.

23 hours ago, Popples said:

I can't believe it took this long in the season for Man City to get it's first loss. That's pretty impressive, even though it looked like Liverpool was going to bottle it and and blow a 4-1 lead.

It was a great game. I like Klopp's management of Liverpool so far; they need a better goalie, but things can't be too bad if they manage to eke out a victory against this season's Man City. 

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:24 AM, bosawks said:

Rebecca Lowe just called Arsenal's first half performance “insipid”, just perfect, I am so going to steal this.

It is now my all time favorite description in sports!

Pretty accurate.  Their performance improved as the match went on, fortunately.  Although I'll gladly take an insipid win over an inspired loss.

Congratulations to Manchester City, who clinched the English Premier League title when Manchester United lost to West Bromwich Albion (I still don't understand how that happened).

I didn't see the Newcastle-Arsenal game, but good for Newcastle for winning. 

On ‎04‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:54 PM, Gillian Rosh said:

Congratulations to Manchester City, who clinched the English Premier League title when Manchester United lost to West Bromwich Albion (I still don't understand how that happened).

I didn't see the Newcastle-Arsenal game, but good for Newcastle for winning. 

Better City than United, I guess.  Go, West Brom!  Bottom of the table and all but eliminated, but still leaving their mark.

The less said about the Arsenal disaster the better.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ganesh said:

He's leaving to regenerate into Jodie Whittaker. 

Pretty much the only thing which would make it worse.

On a serious note: I hope that all the "Wenger out!" people are right about him being the problem.  Because if he isn't, Arsenal is really going to be screwed next season.  And I suspect that to be the case, though I'd be happy enough to be wrong about it.

Well, the Unai Emery bump appears to have faded.  I had no illusions that Arsenal would beat Liverpool, but I did vaguely hope for a draw.  Realistically I just wanted Arsenal to not lose by more than a goal.  But that . . . ugh.

Have to say, though, Liverpool was playing some beautiful football, and if it hadn't been Arsenal on the receiving end, I'd have enjoyed the match.

• Love 1

My mighty heart is breaking.  Once again Man City loses to a shit team on a penalty kick.  Liverpool will win the league because they're acting like champions.  Champions win ALL of the easy-win game.  And who the hell is gonna beat Liverpool?  City did once and that's it.  I'm so sad I could cry.  As of tomorrow, City will be 9 points behind and no way will Liverpool lose 3 of their remaining matches.  Shit season for me because KDB is my favorite player.

Is everyone in here an Arsenal fan?  My son is.  HORRIBLE news about Bellerin.  My son first said out for 9 months and now they're saying a minimum of 6 months.  What a blow.  I knew it was really bad the second he went down.

I hate Chelsea and I hate Marcos Alonzo.  Such a dick.  I'm here in Southern California and all of the expats here are Chelsea fans.  Vomit.

So good for Liverpool.  In my mind, Virgil van Dijk is the real deal and Salah is fun to watch.  Sorry for the rant but I'm trying to recover from the City loss.

Oh happy day!  City wins 6-0 over Chelsea and they're back on top of the table (but having played one more game than the others).  You all probably hate me because everyone hates City (like I hate the Patriots).  So good to see de Bruyne back and playing well.  We'll see what happens while they take a break from the Premier League, but for now I'm happy.

On ‎01‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:49 PM, Oosala said:

Is everyone in here an Arsenal fan?  My son is.  HORRIBLE news about Bellerin.  My son first said out for 9 months and now they're saying a minimum of 6 months.  What a blow.  I knew it was really bad the second he went down.

Yeah, Arsenal has had the worst luck with defenders over the last few seasons.  They really need to pick up a couple this summer.  I've suffered through 20 years with them, and defenders didn't used to be such an issue.

• Love 1
On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:09 AM, Oosala said:

Oh happy day!  City wins 6-0 over Chelsea and they're back on top of the table (but having played one more game than the others).  You all probably hate me because everyone hates City (like I hate the Patriots).  So good to see de Bruyne back and playing well.  We'll see what happens while they take a break from the Premier League, but for now I'm happy.

I don't hate you.  I don't even hate City.  I'm just tired of them winning the league, so I'm rooting for Liverpool to take it this year.  Since Arsenal doesn't stand a chance.

• Love 2

Good news, bad news.  City are at the top of table but, for the third time this campaign, De Bruyne is injured.  And he's my favorite.  Hopefully KDB is back in time for Tottenham on April 20.