Type keyword(s) to search

Criminal Minds Guess The Quote Game

mstaken
  • Start Topic

This game's another easy but sneakily addictive one :) Just post any quote/line of dialogue of your choice, and another poster guesses who said it and in what episode. If you use one of the famous quotes that begins and ends each episode, just identify the episode and which team member read it. (Special smarty pants bonus points if you know the famous person who first uttered it in the first place!) 

I'll start with an awesomely easy one that's also a personal favorite:

"And just before they hit the plunger, I'm gonna lean in real close and tell you to say hello to your SCUMBAG BROTHER!" (Alas, it's all in the delivery!) 

I know it's by Emily Dickinson and said by a female CM character in an S5 (S6?!) episode, but beyond that, I need some help :) (Beautiful quote, by the way---one of my favorites!)  

It always sort of irks me a little that Morgan didn't at least warn Reid in advance that he was going to mention Reid's nightmares to their supervisors, but I guess it's very consistent with Morgan's personality to care intensely about doing what he thinks is best for the other team members, which, depending on the context, ranges from sweetly protective to annoyingly patronizing :) 

“Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.”

• Love 1

Whee!

Ok, I just reeallly loved the way this person handled this particular interrogation:

"That's because when you look at me, you jump to a particular set of conclusions. It’s human nature to make assumptions based on appearance. It’s an outdated primal instinct born of our need to quickly assess our surroundings. Of course, in this modern era, those assumptions tend to be very wrong and often quite hurtful."

Wow, yes, how the heck did you know that's an Elle word? And what's with my obsession with quotes that use the word "scumbag"?! 

It's from an S2 episode that has just a one-word title. 

Oh, you know I agree with you wholeheartedly. Elle gets better and better for me with repeated rewatch. I miss her, adore her and am eagerly awaiting your fanfic in which my beloved Emily and Elle get to interact! 

Yes, it was Psychodrama---an episode that I'm always pleasantly surprised by all over again. I never remember liking it that much, but I really, really do! 

• Love 1

I love both Shakespeare and South Park...and the fact that threads like this give us an opportunity to use them in the same sentence :) 

I'm thinking that's got to be from either Lucky or Penelope, spoken by Garcia...?

• Love 1

Is it normal that I have it playing in the bg all day, every day? ;) I actually heard that in his voice while I read it. It's when he's talking about Hotch's footprint, and how one is deeper than the other because of the weight of his gun. I love the whole '21 feet' speech, too. <3

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reid! The Uncanny Valley - originally by Isaac Asimov! LOVE!

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had."

Oh my gosh, I semi-stumped the CM Genius! :) You're totally right about it being FDR's quote uttered by Reid. It's from in an early S7 episode that has two words in its title. Let me know if you need another hint!