Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Another Catfishing

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Joe Darger sort of scared me.  I'd hate to be one of the wives who crossed him.  Hup two three four...

Scary as hell.

Maybe he could be a guest "Fundamentalist Fitness" trainer/coach some time. Like their "weddings" the private sessions will be secretive beautiful sooo emotional spiritual  etc. etc. etc. ?

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 1

I remembered seeing something on Meri's twitter feed during the fall about supporting gays, so I went back to find it. On October 11 she retweeted a Support National Coming Out Day tweet with a comment "I support you". So I think Mariah had confided in her earlier than Thanksgiving, but came out "to the family" on film just before Thanksgiving, as she stated in the People magazine article. Meri made other tweets after that (and before Thanksgiving) about spending time with her wonderful, amazing daughter, so they must have made up and moved on. So whatever they filmed about her coming out, with regards to Meri, was probably scripted. It may have reflected what she really felt at the time it happened or it may just be DRAAAMA, who knows.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sista Snarky said:

I think the grass is easily greener in Meri's mind.

I remember Meri  outwardly swooning a few times with "I could be married to THAT"   about CEO & Drill  Sergearent Joe Darger (when Janelle was giving him major  side eye) because...carefully packed coolers...seating charts etc. 

It was all dreamy  flow charts...until the notion of share a kitchen the Darger rigid exercise program  & the fact (as the Darger stepson said) Papa Joe is big bald & intimidating.

Meri wouldn't be happy  as a Darger. Meri wouldn't have a big house or  TLC check in another polygamist family.

The struggles Meri & Kody started having 12 years ago might have had a little to do with the fact that they filed for bankruptcy. That meant no more charging credit cards to $85K.

Meri couldn't even wear the right footwear for hiking with Kody and she hardly seems into athletic training. Doubt she could handle Joe.

• Love 1
On 1/4/2017 at 7:53 AM, ladle said:

I thought it was funny when he guessed med school acceptance, and Mariah was like, "Uh, I haven't applied."  Way to stay engaged in your kids' lives! 

I really liked Mariah in her few scenes.  You can tell a very substantial weight is off her shoulders, and she seems quite likeable.  After she said "I haven't applied" she went on to snark that they just called her up out of the blue to invite her.  Made me smile.  

18 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Yes, there are others, CofCinci posted above a link that has the "etched Sam" photo.  I think of them all (relatively tame graphic wise) the photo where she actually etched his name long enough and hard enough into the skin of her arm to make it that pronounced and red shows all too well that Meri was a willing participant in the relationship. 

I have no idea how Meri accomplished this, but I went through a period of unexplained urticaria years ago -- I'd itch, and scratching the skin would raise welts.  It was very easy to "write" anything I wanted (though I didn't because that just prolonged the itching).  Given her skin issues it's not at all unlikely that she has some kind of similar issue going on.  I haven't seen the photos since last summer but as I recall they didn't look like cuts -- they looked like what I used to get, which was producible with very little effort and zero effect on the integrity of the skin.

My biggest takeaway from the episode was Kody actually stating that because of polygamy their relationship was watered down (ergo they were able to stay afloat longer than they would have otherwise).  They have all categorically denied that his love/time/affection is in any way, shape or form watered down in the least -- it's MULTIPLIED!!!  Would love for the reunion host to point that out.  Obviously you cannot give each wife what a monogamous husband gives one wife (let alone give 17 children the attention one would give to even half that number, which would not be the amount one would give to 3 or 4).

Edited by kassa
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Joe Darger sort of scared me.  I'd hate to be one of the wives who crossed him.  Hup two three four...

But I bet they weren't notoriously 2 hours late for everything. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Oh I'll bet not!!  One scowl from him and I'd probably pee my pants!

Ok, maybe I'm weird but, he doesn't look scary to me. Having been law enforcement I've had those types yelling in my face to do this or that during training so, just another day for me of (but during training sometimes you get to land a good one on 'em ;).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

But I bet they weren't notoriously 2 hours late for everything. 

Their family mission statement was probably easy.

Ok Joe you write down everything. Any objections? 

<Crickets>

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 2

The discussion has moved on, but just a note to remind folks to stay away from political commentary that has nothing to do with the episode, please! There are lots of other sites for that.

• Love 3
On 1/3/2017 at 10:14 AM, islandgal140 said:

Okay, true confession when I saw that 

Can this episode be the last of the last of the last with this Catfish mess? I feel like we have had what? 2 (or more) entire episodes devoted exclusively to this situation. Not to mention all the times it has been talked about.  No more. And these episode titles are starting to sound like bad movie sequels. We have had Catfish and now Another Catfish. Whats next?

- I Still know you were Catfished last summer

- Catfish: The Revenge, This times its Personal

- Catfish 3: Electric Boogaloo

Can we please name Meri's thread Catfish 3: Electic Boogaloo? Please guys. It would make me so happy. 

My proposal for Janelle's thread is Janelle Brown: She keeps her gifts classy. 

Anyway, a common point as I've been reading here is that Mariah may be going through a phase or seeking attention. If she's going through a phase it would be more like a bi-curious phase that she wouldn't have to come out for. Gay or straight is not a phase and I can't imagine why anyone would make up being gay for attention. Just sayin. Of course, I've been going through my straight phase for about 40 years now. I'm hoping my gay phase starts soon because women seem so much easier to get along with as evidenced by the success of having sister wives.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Oh I'll bet not!!  One scowl from him and I'd probably pee my pants!

I bet Kody is no walk in the park when he is angry, either. He often looks to me like he is barely containing rage, even when he is trying to sound wise and reasonable in his talking heads.

There may be good reasons that conflicts don't seem to get discussed except with Nancy, and why they take shots at each other in THs instead of engaging directly. Christine even mentioned once that she was afraid to make Kody mad. How valid is that fear?

I think all of this may help explain why Meri is rewriting some of the catfishing history. But  she forgets that a lot of the more serious or "incriminating" stuff was out there for all to see. I know some of her fudging is probably PR damage control, too, but it seems to me that it could be very hard for Meri to be totally honest with Kody about how he has failed her, and how ready she was to bail. He either runs off to another woman, or gives the Manson stare. He seems very skilled at controlling the family dynamic via his moods and hissy fits and periodic emotional and physical unavailability. A typical narcissist. 

You know he does not want to hear that he is failing at polygamy. He does not want to hear that he needs to work hard, 24/7, to have any hope of making FOUR relationships work. He does not want to hear that Meri is miserably lonely and dealing with being an empty-nester who can't even be comforted by her child's dad because HE doesnt get it; he is still cranking out kids. After specifically telling her didn't want to bother trying to have more kids with her. (Which leads to another lie about how great their set-up is: all the women are NOT moms to all the kids.) 

He doesn't want to hear that she is struggling spiritually because she feel guilty that plural marriage didnt "make us all better";  she is sad and lonely and jealous. She is emotionally normal, just like us pathetic monogamists.

I was surprised that she confessed to having seriously considered leaving. But she told the camera; has she told Kody this, face to face?

Granted, Meri did violate their "marriage" agreement by allowing a relationship to develop with another "man." But I doubt she planned it and I think I can understand why she got swept up in the giddiness of actually feeling like she was getting the attention she needs and wants. It is sad, though, that "Sam's" manipulations and mindgames didn't repel her; did even THAT give her more satisfaction than 1/4 of Kody?  

In the therapy sesssion when they were talking about how being in a plural marriage allowed them to ignore their own issues until they festered, Kody actually laughed and said, "I thought that was a GOOD thing; you thought that was a bad thing?" So yeah, he knew Meri was miserable for at least TWELVE YEARS, but no big deal; he had two, and then three, other warm beds. 

To me, the surprise is not that Meri had an emotional affair; it's that she hasn't taken a baseball bat to this clown. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

You know he does not want to hear that he is failing at polygamy. He does not want to hear that he needs to work hard, 24/7, to have any hope of making FOUR relationships work.

But the reality is, in polygamy it is up to the women to keep their jealousy in check, to be sweet, to maintain their emotions, and to keep the relationships on an even keel. If they fail, they are not living up to The Principle and are failures in the religion. It's all a test. Everything falls back onto the women. All the man has to do is show up, impregnate and keep the herd rounded up. I'm betting that prior to TLC, the Browns were more traditionally plyg in their thoughts and behavior. After they signed up for the show, the wives got bolder with their monogamous demands on Kody (probably with some prodding by producers). They were buying their own hype. And Kody has just continued running around the cuddle-sac, ignoring them as much as he can, until Meri imploded. It's probably pissing Kody off that he is expected to act like he has to work at relationships for the camera. That is why we saw the reaction he had at the end of the therapy session with Meri. He was caught off guard and he said what he really feels- nope, not my problem and I'm not fixing it.

The only way Kody would have been viewed as failure at polygamy is if Meri had actually left him for a real man (hence his continued insistence that the Batfisher isn't real). A wife leaving a plyg man shows he doesn't have control over her, therefore he isn't a worthy leader. It doesn't matter if the relationship he has with that wife is good or even functioning, as long as she stays put he is viewed as a good plyg husband.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I bet Kody is no walk in the park when he is angry, either. He often looks to me like he is barely containing rage, even when he is trying to sound wise and reasonable in his talking heads.

Absolutely agree.  He does that thing where his eyes go completely dead.  It might just be the way he looks when he pretends to not know what the hell is going on, but I find it kind of scary.

• Love 6

Kody tries to act like everything about their little setup is because he's so holy. His whole thing about his feeling Madison and Whatshisface's relationship is something he feels is of God...He's just too much. And another thing, the wives' assertion that their ceremonies are so sacred, as though everyone else's aren't.  Give me a break! 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

But the reality is, in polygamy it is up to the women to keep their jealousy in check, to be sweet, to maintain their emotions, and to keep the relationships on an even keel. If they fail, they are not living up to The Principle and are failures in the religion. It's all a test. Everything falls back onto the women. All the man has to do is show up, impregnate and keep the herd rounded up. I'm betting that prior to TLC, the Browns were more traditionally plyg in their thoughts and behavior. After they signed up for the show, the wives got bolder with their monogamous demands on Kody (probably with some prodding by producers). They were buying their own hype. And Kody has just continued running around the cuddle-sac, ignoring them as much as he can, until Meri imploded. It's probably pissing Kody off that he is expected to act like he has to work at relationships for the camera. That is why we saw the reaction he had at the end of the therapy session with Meri. He was caught off guard and he said what he really feels- nope, not my problem and I'm not fixing it.

The only way Kody would have been viewed as failure at polygamy is if Meri had actually left him for a real man (hence his continued insistence that the Batfisher isn't real). A wife leaving a plyg man shows he doesn't have control over her, therefore he isn't a worthy leader. It doesn't matter if the relationship he has with that wife is good or even functioning, as long as she stays put he is viewed as a good plyg husband.

Interesting interpretation. I know little about plyg families and the dynamic within but this makes sense now so, thanks for that.

So either Meri needs to fall in line (and pretend everything is shiny) or bolt and make her own life, making Kody look like he can't "control" his herd.

She should make a run for it. 

• Love 5

So Meri married Kody when she was about 19 years old. She was brought up in a faith that brainwashed her into believing that polygamy was the only way to get to heaven. That is very powerful and scary to children and it is pounded into them every minute of every day.

So this kid, Meri meets the wonderful Kody and believed that this is the will of the lord because she loved Kody. This child, Meri married a man that she was brainwashed into believing would keep her out of hell. But Meri is monogamous at heart, as I do believe we all are. Then the Janelle thing happened which was straight up fucked. Meri probably realized that she didn't like polygamy, but her upbringing tells her she's sinning if she divorces and plus she truly loves the man and believes this is all his calling.

It's so easy for us all to say, "she committed to this. She could have left." It's easier said than done. I believe that Meri really did the best she could do to follow her religion. And I don't think she ever wanted to leave Kody because she loves him and perhaps always will. And for that reason, I feel terrible for Meri for being born into this religion and believing that she had no choice but to follow it. So I don't blame Meri at all for falling for another man. She is a woman starved for love and affection. She wants to feel like the only one. This fake guy made her feel that way.

Say what you will about her commitment to Kodouche and how she should have never married him if she didn't want the lifestyle blah blah blah. But she was a brainwashed 19 year old who fell in love. And then she was stuck under threat of hellfire and brimstone. SHE did nothing wrong by loving and feeling loved by another man. Her religion, her parents, her husband, his parents, they are all to blame for pounding this bullshit into their childrens' heads and making them feel like they have no choices. It's mental abuse and there's no excuse for it.

I'm out as Team Meri. She is not to blame. She needs to get real help (not Nancy) so that she can get rid of the guilt she feels for being a normal person in need of love. It makes me sick that she has to lie to everyone and herself because of this religion. It has ruined a decent woman's life and now she will be forever punished for her basic human need.

• Love 12

The thing about a good healthy "love" between two people is...

The consideration that the other person in the relationship has needs expectations goals deserves peace  etc. Would I wish someone like Meri on a good person just  because Meri 'needs" love "as is"? No way.

Meri has to work on Meri before Meri could be in any relationship...other than the just add water & stir variety that was full of online dysfunction...with someone that does not exist.

She has the baggage of decades with Kody & public "story" that include  lie after lie about "Fake Sam" During the Alaska trip episode she stated (in a TH) that she knew the Catfish was full of bullshit within the first week & still stayed in that hot mess. That need for love by any means...is a bad place for anyone to find themselves.

Anyone  who comes to "save" Meri & wisk her away to a life of carefree "happily ever after" just because Meri needs to be loved...will most likely be the next Catfish in her life.

It takes hard work to get your own shit together & be able to be a good partner in a relationship that works.  It takes much more than a million phone calls & I love love love you messages. 

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 5

Between tearing a meniscus and every show I watch coming back with double episodes, this triple episode crapfest was just too overwhelming to get through until way too late in the week.  Thanks a lot, TLC.  Do they really think they're going to improve ratings with that strategy?

Forgive me if what I post has been said before because I've only read half the thread so far as 11 pages is equally as overwhelming for me right now.  I find it hard to believe that such a supposedly fundamentalist religious family is so accepting of homosexuality.  I know they make up their own rules but it's just not believable based on what I know about such religions.  I personally think it's fantastic that they're so accepting of it in their family but it just makes me think that their publicly professed religion is a total sham at this point.  They don't even act like fundamentalist anything anymore. 

Plus the family (especially Meri) acting like they didn't know anything about her sexual orientation before Mariah's "announcement".  Puhleeze, how stupid do they think we are?  I don't even think they would be that clueless, especially Meri.  I wonder if they didn't pay Mariah off to announce that on the show because they thought it would be good ratings fodder.  They are so desperate to keep the show on at this point I wouldn't put it past them.

Of course we all know they lie, as does Meri for acting like she wouldn't have left the family even if the Sam was real.  Does she think the public didn't know about certain things?  They think we are really stupid, but the evidence was all over the internet.  Oh, and then there's that lie that she was suspecting that Sam wasn't for real at a certain point.  I don't believe that.  She believed what she wanted to believe in spite of any evidence she ignored and her acting like it was Sam that was pushing her to leave is just such a total crock. 

• Love 4
On 03/01/2017 at 11:43 PM, Armchair Critic said:

Joe Darger who married two cousins, then later took another wife who was his wife's twin(!) sister.

It was Collier or something. His wives looked like sisters but weren't related at all. He wore an old baseball cap from which threads hung from the bill in a way that made it hard to focus on anything else. I think at the time only one of the wives had kids. 

On 1/6/2017 at 3:25 PM, kassa said:

I really liked Mariah in her few scenes.  You can tell a very substantial weight is off her shoulders, and she seems quite likeable.  After she said "I haven't applied" she went on to snark that they just called her up out of the blue to invite her.  Made me smile.  

I have no idea how Meri accomplished this, but I went through a period of unexplained urticaria years ago -- I'd itch, and scratching the skin would raise welts.  It was very easy to "write" anything I wanted (though I didn't because that just prolonged the itching).  Given her skin issues it's not at all unlikely that she has some kind of similar issue going on.  I haven't seen the photos since last summer but as I recall they didn't look like cuts -- they looked like what I used to get, which was producible with very little effort and zero effect on the integrity of the skin.

My biggest takeaway from the episode was Kody actually stating that because of polygamy their relationship was watered down (ergo they were able to stay afloat longer than they would have otherwise).  They have all categorically denied that his love/time/affection is in any way, shape or form watered down in the least -- it's MULTIPLIED!!!  Would love for the reunion host to point that out.  Obviously you cannot give each wife what a monogamous husband gives one wife (let alone give 17 children the attention one would give to even half that number, which would not be the amount one would give to 3 or 4).

Nah.  I have acrylic fingernails like the wives.  They are tools. Wouldn't take much to scratch into skin. 

On 1/3/2017 at 10:45 AM, hisbunkie said:

Hold on!  Do emotionally healthy adults feel responsible for the emotional well being and fulfillment of their partners? Really?  

IMO they should at least care if they are happy and if they are playing a role in contributing to their happiness or not, yes really.  Someone else remarked about scientology which reminded me of the whole 'choose to be happy' thing. Sure one can put on a happy face, but that's more like a mask, isn't it? Encouraging others to pretend to be happy only encourages people to both lie and not care about what others are feeling, or takes the 'burden' off others to care. That 'burden' being in normal evolutionary groups, people do take care of each other. Maybe not so much if one is a reptile or spider.

On 1/3/2017 at 0:19 PM, Marigold said:

I am very surprised that the family did not suspect Mariah is gay. 

Most of us here suspected and if anyone has seen her social media, it should've crossed their mind.   Family had no idea?  Really?  How is that possible?

Some people have good 'gaydar', others don't. I didn't get that my own sister was for years, even when she and one of her 'friends' (not really just a friend I found out like 20 years later) had a falling out and this girl started calling me and asking me what my sister said about this and that and let's go have coffee (and then end up talking about my sister, which I was fine with because sis and I didn't really have much in common or even get along that much-and still aren't that close but it has nothing to do w/gay or not), but I was young then and totally clueless, I just thought, this poor girl asking me about my sister, she must be so insecure, and even thought, is my sister one of those scheming mean girls who turn their friends into little sniveling minions? Does her family abuse her or something, why is she all freaked out like this? Totally didn't figure it out.

On 1/3/2017 at 0:48 PM, Marigold said:

I'm reading here that Meri told Sam that Mariah had a girlfriend?

Seriously, Meri seems to be a pathological liar. I am beginning to think she has some serious mental health problems and not just a little wacky from being married to Kody and three other women.

Meri needs a psych eval.  Something is really wrong with her.  

Don't agree with this, just think all of them were sort of naive and all of them play little head games on each other. Meri doesn't seem smart enough to be a pathological liar or if she were, to be good at it. I feel bad for her because it seems like every time you turn around and see a couch yak session there she is giving kody the 'are you looking at me? please give me attention..' eyes and he is of course either staring straight ahead blankly or doing his cursory 'divide it up' board meeting shallow looks to everyone, but especially her, the way he talks to her and looks at her is as if she is a co-worker. There are so many people here coming down so hard on her than what would be normal in a group of people not in plyg world, it makes me wonder, especially the catfish thing, which became super boring for me quickly. 

At least she and kody both admit things were not perfect way before that even happened. I feel like she is trying to get blood from a stone, but that it isn't personal. Even seen from the outside with the wives he supposedly does care about, that doesn't seem very 'rill' either. It was either 'infatuation, new lust' which doesn't  hold up well over time if that's all ya got, or 'I care about you as the mom of my kids, but it's not romantic..'  or ' you're sorta fun to hang out with in small doses'... I don't get from him a sense of deep, passionate and caring love with ANY of them.

On 1/3/2017 at 0:52 PM, Galloway Cave said:

A successful and fulfilling plyg family is only available to a man. Never a woman.

Well, there's an idea for the next TLC series right?  Polyandrous  Annie and Mike, Bill, and Dave...Now that would be entertaining.

On 1/3/2017 at 1:02 PM, lookeyloo said:

Sometimes people say the opposite of what they mean, hoping the other person will say "no you mean too much to me to agree to that".   I think if Kody came by and said to Meri "I love you and I want you" she would have liked that.  Healthiest of communication?  No.  Relatively common?  Probably.

We also don't know the context of her saying that. Sure we know what was up in general, but we don't know if he was just doing his weekly breeze through, doing laundry, eating whatever in the fridge and taking naps in the peace and quiet of her place, no real attention or togetherness-or if they were having an actual fight or whatever- but yeah one doesn't get the sense he was willing to be proactive and say, hey let's make things better. Or here, I surprised you with some flowers or can I rub your back or let's go away for a night...you know he likely didn't do that even before this happened.

He strikes me as using this '' you told me to take a hike' as a cop-out to 'dilling' with , ok but what now? He and Meriah both have this "I'm going to stay mad forever, I'll let you know when I'm not mad anymore and feel free to grovel and try desperately to win back my love while I decide when I can 'dil' with you again. You disappointed me and your job is to put up with endless crap and be graceful about it, you dared stand up for yourself or want anything for yourself..'  

On 1/3/2017 at 8:58 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

From Kody's twitter:

Because god forbid you should ever confess your own guilt ... or failings ... or shortcomings ... or role in a problem.  Heaven forbid.

What an incredible douche.  

Since when has Kody ever validated his wifeseses feelings or concerns, anyway?  I don't think I've ever seen it.  And now I know why ... he is afraid someone will think doing so is an admission that he is less than perfect.  And here I was thinking he was just a self-centered, insensitive narcissistic asshole.  But it turns out he is an insecure self-centered, insensitive narcissistic asshole.

Who knew! 

LOL!  it's one thing to BE like what he tweeted and then another thing to state it. He must be drinking the MRA/MGTOW/PUA  kool-aid  (look any one of those phrases up and discover more douchery)  and trying to present himself a certain way or trying to up his game, but of course- he's doing it wrong, he only comes off like he gives less of a crap. He obviously is invested in what people out here in internetland think though, which is weird. Although he could be doing it in hopes to garner a 'love to hate-watch him' audience. Unfortunately though, I think it's 'ril'.

On 1/4/2017 at 6:58 AM, Sista Snarky said:

"Euphoric feelings" & "fix" 

Exactly!

Meri  is still  very stuck in the highs & lows of a "relationship" with someone that doesn't exist.

Maybe she is realizing she never had what she thought she had, just because she never had enough life experience to know any better. Again, can't get blood from a stone, and not because the stone is 'mad' at you.

On 1/4/2017 at 0:46 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

This. The law cares more about the division of property, inheritance, child support, etc. than morality. Plural spouses creates a whole lot more $$$ issues than one person + one person, regardless of gender/sex/identity.

Think of the craziness regarding various insurance policies. One work policy covering how many spouses and children? Attorneys however would be totally on board with this. More opportunities for fighting over kids, money and stuff  =mo' money for them.

On 1/6/2017 at 9:50 AM, Alapaki said:

I guess the question, which is ultimately probably unanswerable since Meri will never be honest with us, is whether Meri just can't handle polygamy, or whether she just can't handle this polygamist.  

I'd imagine you have to have a certain personality in order to successfully be the first wife, since you're perpetually going to be "last year's model".  But maybe other polygamist husbands are more sensitive to that issue?

It's tough to separate Kody and Meri being terrible people from their being in a terrible relationship.

I don't think they are terrible people, they're just very different people and only now just starting to realize it. Poly or not, it's clear she wants her relationship to be individualized to her and be personal with her, not treated like it's her special employee of the month day or she got a special star at summer camp.

On 1/6/2017 at 10:19 AM, Sista Snarky said:

I think the grass is easily greener in Meri's mind.

I remember Meri  outwardly swooning a few times with "I could be married to THAT"   about CEO & Drill  Sergeant Joe Darger (when Janelle was giving him major  side eye) because...carefully packed coolers...seating charts etc. 

Maybe seeing someone's control issues and OCD as being the opposite of kody's flakiness and 'fly by the seat of one's pants' and just because it is not like kody being attracted to that, maybe projecting that JD's kind of personality would be better -that oh, this guy must be serious and deep because he's not like Kody, therefore he likely cares more- which is not really reaching a logical conclusion-  but again this kind of thing is usually learned in one's 20's or 30's if one has more life experience, that heading in the direct opposite direction doesn't solve the problem, it just presents different problems.  I mean, people in North Korea could consider themselves part of a 'herd'- do they feel more cared about?  There's got to be better choices than Kim Jong Un or Jeff Spicoli ...

• Love 3
On 1/13/2017 at 11:26 AM, mimionthebeach said:

It was Collier or something. His wives looked like sisters but weren't related at all. He wore an old baseball cap from which threads hung from the bill in a way that made it hard to focus on anything else. I think at the time only one of the wives had kids. 

The Colliers and Dargers are two separate plyg families they inflicted on introduced us to.

• Love 2
On 1/4/2017 at 6:07 PM, Christina said:

On 1/5/2017 at 9:40 AM, Kohola3 said:

It's easy to say that in this day and age (although, as has been pointed out hate crimes continue to persist and are likely to increase as the new administration encourages people to drop the filter of civility and express their hatred openly) but some of us oldsters were raised in an entirely different mindset. I went to Catholic schools and "those kind of people" were openly shunned.  I have overcome it but there are still those who cannot shake the deeply ingrained teachings of their families and churches.  

And there's also the whole conversion therapy thing, where parents pressure their LGBT offspring to go to these centers in order to be "delivered" from these "sinful choices" they are making (read coming to terms with the fact that you're not into the opposite gender). When our current VP saw nothing wrong with allowing those camps in his home state of Indiana, and signing a bill that legally allows businesses to refuse service to same sex couples, then you know that even in 2017, coming out can take a lot of chutzpah, especially in Mariah's case, where she knows all too well what her religion's attitude towards gay people is.

• Love 8
On 1/5/2017 at 3:18 PM, Sista Snarky said:

"Jessica Justice" was one of the Twitter handles Cheryl used on her post "Fake Sam" journey. 

Twitter eventually became the shitshow meeting place for so many other strange birds that decided to throw their hats in the ring...as trolls vs. JO as Notbatmanyet...protecting society from themselves as not to fall for the obvious fakery & foolery of "Fake Sam" & as cheerleaders for Meri. But ya know easy enough for  "Fake Sam" to also pretend to be a troll fighting for justice & release  some backstabbing drama behind the curtain. The groups often fought for power recognition etc. in their collective effort as "Fake Sam" was sprinkled in their core.

One of those strange people known as "Brooke" actually invested the time & energy to  catfish "Fake Sam" She   recorded & released  <gag>  phone sex <gag > between "Brooke" the pretend supporter of "Fake Sam" & "Fake Sam" The horror. 

They have various blogs devoted to Jackie. After "Jessica" (Cheryl) had one of her many Twitter accounts suspended...she shared her long very detailed  "victim" story on one of the blogs as "Jessica's story" ...months before she became  the "normal" "BFF with Meri.

News to Meri...victim is the word the Twitter trolls & Cheryl use as they describe the people who fell madly deeply hopelessly & foolishly in love with the embarrassingly obvious   "Fake Sam"

Meri considers many of these crazy folks as...her internet friends.

Cheryl under Jessica Justice taunted not only JO but other people who called out the actions of her twitter cohorts, she's a vile person.

On 1/1/2017 at 5:35 PM, wings707 said:

Not with, she is going someplace to meet her.   I think she is flying to where she lives.  I could be wrong but I thought it was in the preview. 

I hope Meri didn't tell her who she was until after they made plans to meet, if at all.  Never under estimate what one will do to befriend a "celeb."  

No Cheryl knew who Meri was from the time JO started catfishing as Fake Sam. Supposedly Cheryl and some of her brutish online friends from twitter messaged Meri from day 1 and told her Sam was a woman and who this woman was. Meri disregarded the advice and invested some bananas in Sam the Scam. Cheryl was on Meri to be besties like no other she even had her troll thugs raise $$$ so she could hire a lawyer and go after Jackie for maybe libel? Not sure. She never hired the lawyer and instead the brutes paid Bradley Phanner, a Private Investigator, to run a background check on Jackie and interview Kendra Pollard-Parra in person.  No one ever has legally held Jackie responsible for any of her many supposed crimes.