Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Fugitive

It's been so long since this show was on, I couldn't even remember where we left off.   So most of the first half was me going "huh, what, why?"    Then the second half seemed to be everyone coming up with reasons to leave Portland.

• Love 8

Bitsie Tulluch continues to prove that she's really a robot. Good lord that's bad.

Let me guess, Juliette/Eve has to stay close to Nick or the stick on a routine basis or she dies again?

Shame that Renard went full Dark Side but, at least they finally have a decent villain (again). Personally I prefer him grey but, it's the final season so I'll take it.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

The introduction of the Death Grip in the final season was awesome and a bummer in that they waited until the final season to introduce it! It's a cool concept and it now shows how that wooden shard has a price. 

I forgot that Nick went Man on Fire crazy on those men and killed them all. 

I'm one of the few Adalind fans but even I was rolling my eyes at her this episode with the dramatic romantic reunion with Nick and her being such a damsel. It's telling she's not with thr core group and on the outside of things as the babysitter. Wish she has her S1 spunkiness back.

Monrosalee continue to be awesome.

Renard is being haunted by Meisner. Love that he gets to give Sean a little payback in the afterlife.

• Love 6

aaannnddd... I'm out.  I couldn't even make it through 15 minutes of this show.  Every character interaction was awful, save Renard.  The final straw was the evil child.  I will admit to a long standing bias against child actors, there are very few who I don't make me cringe every time they open their mouth, and this kid lived up (down?) to my low low expectations.  Maybe if the show didn't already have 2 main characters - Trouble and Eve - that are horribly stiff and painful to watch, I may have been able to suffer through evil child.  But it was just too much.  I'm out.

• Love 5

Really, still with the Nick/Adalind? At what point is she going to tell her bf that her daughter is going to shank him? Or just have her doll do it. Then we have Renard scouring the city for Nick while his 2 best cop buddies (who Renard knows are his two buds) are calling him from the precinct. Oy. At least they were whispering.  You know I don't  really ask for realism in my TV (a lack of realism is why I watch TV) but this show might just have done me in. The death grip was awesome though. 

• Love 11
Just now, babs1226 said:

I am so happy that Grimm is finally back!  I loved the episode and can't wait for the next one.  Sad to see that so many came here to trash it.

I haven't seen the episode (yet..), but people are not trashing it.  They have legitimate complaints about the show--if you look back at what has been posted, it isn't a case of "I hate this stupid show." Instead, it's "I don't like this show or what this show is doing because of this...." Honestly, that is the purpose of this forum--to be able to discuss shows, what we liked and didn't like.  There are plenty of other venues where only plaudits are tolerated.

I've hopped around to a number of different boards/forums and I have to say that the boards on PreviouslyTV (not just for this show) are, by far, the most thought-provoking and tolerant.

• Love 14

The thing is I do like it for the most part. There's no character that I hate, even Eve/Juliette and Truble. But the whole manhunt juxtaposed with Hank and Woo furiously whispering on the phone to Nick was sooooo badly done. I'm pretty easy to please so when I notice, it's bad. I liked it when it was Nick and his Scoobys, including his snarky gf against a snarky witch lawyer and Renard. They really have issues writing for their female characters. Except maybe Rosalie. 

Edited by AuntieL
Stupid auto correct
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

The introduction of the Death Grip in the final season was awesome and a bummer in that they waited until the final season to introduce it! It's a cool concept and it now shows how that wooden shard has a price. 

I forgot that Nick went Man on Fire crazy on those men and killed them all. 

I'm one of the few Adalind fans but even I was rolling my eyes at her this episode with the dramatic romantic reunion with Nick and her being such a damsel. It's telling she's not with thr core group and on the outside of things as the babysitter. Wish she has her S1 spunkiness back.

Monrosalee continue to be awesome.

Renard is being haunted by Meisner. Love that he gets to give Sean a little payback in the afterlife.

I liked Adalind from day one and prefer her to Juliette on any day ending in "y!"  However, Adalind as this uber best Mommy in the world schtick is hard to stomach.  Sheesh.

15 hours ago, babs1226 said:

I am so happy that Grimm is finally back!  I loved the episode and can't wait for the next one.  Sad to see that so many came here to trash it.

This forum is for us to discuss our opinions of the show and we ALL have our own issues with Grimm.

I will wait and post my opinions on this episode later this weekend.  However, this episode clearly has already started trying to fix Juliette with the pure soul, BS.  Ugh.

• Love 4

It's the beginning of the end, folks!

So, basically, it really seems like they're just going to make Renard full-blown bad, and be the final antagonist, perhaps?  Unless they are planning on introducing other members of Black Claw into the mix?  I'm not against the idea, but I still wish this was developed way better then it was.  Really, the whole campaign arc from last season was such a bust, that I really can't take him seriously as a big baddie.  But now he's basically out for Nick's blood, and using the police force to hunt him down.  Oh, goodie.

So, now that Juliette is more or less back, are they planning on making an actual love triangle between her, Nick, and Adalind?  Not sure I'm looking forward to that.  Of course, the main question is if they are actually going to allow Adalind to do more then just hanging around with the kids and fret over Nick?

Glad to see more of Hank/Wu together, even if it was amusing for some reason, seeing them consistently stage-whisper, while glaring at Renard.

Monroe and Rosalee are awesome.  They better make it out of Portland alive.  Don't even think about offing one of them, show!  Bud either!

Anything involving the magic stick is laughable.

Bitsie Tulluch continues to prove that she's really a robot. Good lord that's bad.

Hey, now!  According to the credits, she's now "Elizabeth" Tulloch!  I guess with the show on its way out, she's looking towards the future, and thinks Bitsie might not have the cred or prestige that Elizabeth carries, I guess.

The Death Grip was the best part of the episode.

• Love 5

It took me awhile to get back into things and remember where everything left off. But...puke..with the "damsel in distress" and Nick all running to Adalind's "rescue". (Not sure about "rescue" since she pretty much said the guards were gone, and Bonaparte is dead, yet she still has to stay there) and the PDA was just too much,

Was i the only one who freaked a little when the cops trackers Bud's phone? I was literally yelling "oh , fuck no..not Bud..don't even go there!!" But so far, he's okay.

Renard knows who Nick's inner circle is, so why he was just letting them all walk around like that just didn't make sense. 

The death grip was cool...but the "pure soul" stuff was really corny, considering what Juliette/Eve has done. BTW, everyone was calling her "Eve", even when she said something "had changed" And she couldn't woge anymore. I really thought she'd say "stop calling me Eve, I'm Juliette."

The best part for me was all the Franco scenes. Especially the one with Wu and Franco. 

• Love 6

I didn't know Grimm was back til I went over my PVR settings and channel listings. Forgot what happened last season. A bit meh, but I'll watch it til the end.  I do like Bud's involvement and that Nick does have actual friends. I do wonder if Renard has turned or it is some long con. The magic stick needs to go - one does not play around with something one knows zilch about.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

It's been so long since this show was on, I couldn't even remember where we left off.   So most of the first half was me going "huh, what, why?"

I remembered being irritated with the story, on the verge of bailing, but didn't realize just how little I retained until I couldn't follow the plot. I forgot about Diana and her voodoo dolls. Didn't know who Bonaparte was (still don't). Forgot about the stick. Sigh.

I thought the episode was ok.

The only way I can see this show ending now is if Nick leaves the police force and starts another life under a new identity.

As usual, Monroe and Rosalee exist in their own good plot, while everything around them is so messy.

I thought the scene with the CGI whirlpool was silly, reminded me of bottomless hole in house vision Juliette had in S2.

I'm getting really sick of stepford wife Adalind, I'm really for her to go back to being a badass. Dump that damn Diana plot already writers, it will always suck.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 2

Lots of adorable Bud made up for a lot of stick/voodoo/RobotEve sins for me.  I happily still have much sexually-charged affection for Sasha to burn.  And my happiest moment was when they didn't destroy the old truck.  I love old Ford trucks.  I can't believe how many of them are still out there.  (I live just outside Portland in a very rural area.)

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, snarktini said:

I remembered being irritated with the story, on the verge of bailing, but didn't realize just how little I retained until I couldn't follow the plot. I forgot about Diana and her voodoo dolls. Didn't know who Bonaparte was (still don't). Forgot about the stick. Sigh.

Yep. I also forgot Renard got elected mayor & as of now, I can't remember why he's against Nick so I'm confused. This used to be a fun show, this sucks now.

• Love 3

sasha.jpg

This is why I watch Grimm. It is a very shallow reason but is why I watch it. I don't admit to being deep or anything because that would be a lie. I'm almost freaked out that they're trying to have a cohesive final season. There were so many dropped plot lines and stuff the writers ignored or completely forgot but the eye candy is great.

I can't wait to see CC, DG and SR getting jobs in better shows. I can't wait until Hank and Wu (I don't remember what their real names are but both are superior actors to the main cast) get to star in their own shows. SW takes all the cast to task and

Spoiler

I say this because I've finally watched Prison Break. The first season was amazing but I was sad after his character died.

a much better actor than anyone on this show.

Renard is evil now but they glossed over this for six seasons. Meanwhile, let's all play with a stick and a shroud? Runes or something. Did anyone forget that Juliette was a vet but is now a super hexenbeist and BT is a bad actress?

We all love Bud and he uses an iPhone, that's not product placement. Wu is spying on his boss despite being a normal human and his boss being a zeiberbeist. Renard's offspring with Adalind is growing too much and should only be like 3 or so but they use an old child to pretend the kid has supernatural powers?

• Love 8
9 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

I completely missed this! How do we know its Meisner? I saw the blood on the hands and the blood on the cops face but didn't pick up anything else.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, crimsongrl said:

I completely missed this! How do we know its Meisner? I saw the blood on the hands and the blood on the cops face but didn't pick up anything else.

I believe he also heard Meisner's voice when the cop with the bleeding eyes said "you picked the wrong side, Sean"

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5

The best things were Bud, the Monroes, and Renard being haunted by what he has done/Meisner.  I think he is going down by the end. 

I cannot abide the wonderful, maternal, lovestruck Adalind.  I don't see both Eve and Adalind coming out safe and sound, and Adalind has not one but two offspring, so it's probably curtains for Eve/Juliette. 

Totally loved Hank not being cowed in the least by Renard -- (paraphrase) "you'll know where to find us."  Love ya, Hank.

Edited by ShadowFacts
  • Love 5

Forgot to mention -- Eve (or Trubel) said that Renard is all that's left of Black Claw in Portland.  They must not know about the federal judge who issued the warrants. 

For the most part I liked seeing all the characters again, and the Scoobies working together.  I will have to hold my nose about the supernatural afterlife-y stuff.  Wesen woging, spells, etc. yes, it's part of the schtick, but I draw the line at the quasi-religious.  Also, I like interjections of reality like the policewoman/evidence tech who knows about Renard's shenanigans with Rachel.  Now we need some reporters looking into things like that, and all the dead cops.  I doubt we'll get much "reality" though, we're heading toward comic book land.  I'll probably ride it out.

• Love 1

Yes - I like that Renard is haunted by Meisner and I like the death grip guy and how Rosalie looked him up in her book in realtime.

And I liked the refrigerator repair shop - I went by when they were filming this last summer, during the moment that Monroe helped load a refrigerator in a pickup truck by the garage. I wonder if the cars driving by on the semi-busy street outside are regular cars that the film crew used as backdrop, or whether they plan how many cars are driving by in a scene. Someone driving by could wave or stare at the camera. They did have a bunch of extras standing around on the sidewalk who looked just like ordinary bystanders, and they told nonparticipants to get out of the shot.

When Monroe came out of the tunnel at the chemical plant, why did they view that as a route they couldn't use to get out? It was also unrealistic that the police dept are sitting at their computers when the other precinct was knocked out. How did the evidence technician do fingerprints so quickly?

The map had Drew Wu living at Buckman court apartments on Morrison st where there are a lot of hipsters, but I thought he lived in NW.

for the next episode after the cliffhanger, I'm wondering how that will turn out. Will the tactic of trying to drive away with an empty freezer be possible, or they're about to charge into the building with the SERT team

Edited by ottilie
  • Love 3

The good news is that they will pretty much have to drop the crime of the week now and focus on the main story. It was pretty action-packed and I liked that.

Unfortunately . . . there was also a lot wrong with it. I don't understand how Rosalee and Monroe thought they could just go back home and act like nothing had happened. They know full well that Renard is in with Black Claw, they should have known he/they would be coming after them. Same with Wu and Hank just showing up back at work like nothing happened. Too much shit went down last season for people to think they could just slip back into their regular routines.

And then this whole "romantic" reunion between Nick and Adalind they are going to keep shoving down our throats. I don't get it. Is there some huge Nadalind shipper presence on Twitter or something? Where are the show-runners getting the idea that we want to see this? Apparently someone is telling them "Nick+Adalind=twu wuv 4-EVA." I just don't get who.

But I've stuck with this show for five years and another 13 episodes won't kill me. I'm still curious to see where it all ends up and truthfully it was kind of nice having it back again.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, ottilie said:

When Monroe came out of the tunnel at the chemical plant, why did they view that as a route they couldn't use to get out? 

I was wondering that myself. I didn't grok it was a chemical plant, it looked to be a power substation in some facility. And Monroe was savvy to turn around; such is a excellent place to be cooked instantly. But I think there was some bigger plot reason that I didn't follow.

Edited by Syme
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

And then this whole "romantic" reunion between Nick and Adalind they are going to keep shoving down our throats. I don't get it. Is there some huge Nadalind shipper presence on Twitter or something? Where are the show-runners getting the idea that we want to see this? Apparently someone is telling them "Nick+Adalind=twu wuv 4-EVA." I just don't get who.

Short answer.  Yes.

But here's the thing...it's actually not a very large presence, but it IS very vocal.  I once posted a tweet to NBC and the Grimm Writers about how, you know, rape isn't romantic and they lost me as a viewer over it and you would not believe the response I got back from these same Twitter accounts (which were followed by very trollish comments on my blog--which has nothing, whatsoever, to do with this show--and then even some attempts to contact me through FB).  A lot of these accounts have names like "AdalindBurkhart" and "NadalindForever" and these were many of the same accounts that posted trollish and borderline threatening tweets, most of which were personal in nature, to a cast member of the show.

Now, the long answer:  There really aren't a lot of these accounts--they are just very vocal.  Also, judging by word use in the tweets, it looks like there are far fewer actual people involved in this than there are accounts.  So, you know, it seems that there are a few people posting with multiple accounts, meaning that presence is much smaller than it seems.

All of it reminds me of a scene of the great but canceled sitcom "The Grinder."  The short backstory: Rob Lowe's character had played a role on TV, left the role for reasons, and the show was redone starring the character's brother.  The director from the show comes back and asks Rob Lowe's character to come back to the show so that they can kill his character and Lowe's character asks something like, "But why would you do that?  The review are strong and the ratings are higher than ever.  Bringing my character back would just mess that up."  To which, the director (played by Jason Alexander) says, "I know that and you're right....BUT PEOPLE ARE TWEETING ABOUT IT!"

Look, I have a twitter account that I log into now and then (mostly for my blog) and I know that there are people who use twitter in an effective way.  A lot of actors, especially television actors, do use it in a way to promote their work and that's just great.  But, for many Twitter is just a cesspool where they can put their worst selves forward without any real repercussions.  A television show that would let itself be guided by what is said on Twitter really deserves to be canceled.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

Forgot to mention -- Eve (or Trubel) said that Renard is all that's left of Black Claw in Portland.  They must not know about the federal judge who issued the warrants. 

For the most part I liked seeing all the characters again, and the Scoobies working together.  I will have to hold my nose about the supernatural afterlife-y stuff.  Wesen woging, spells, etc. yes, it's part of the schtick, but I draw the line at the quasi-religious.  Also, I like interjections of reality like the policewoman/evidence tech who knows about Renard's shenanigans with Rachel.  Now we need some reporters looking into things like that, and all the dead cops.  I doubt we'll get much "reality" though, we're heading toward comic book land.  I'll probably ride it out.

What about Billy and her boyfriend played by Bailey Chase?

So, I kind of gave up on this show last season, but I decided to come back and give it a try for its final season (after reading some recaps to see what I missed), and while I was really happy to see the characters again (for the most part), it seems like most of the crap I didn't like about the last season is still around. In fact, some of it has gotten worse. 

So Renard is all evil now? At least Sasha Roiz will have something to do for awhile. Too bad though, I prefer him as morally grey but at least leaning towards not evil. I will be disappointed if he turns out to be the Big Bad, but at least he will compelling, but confusing. Why does he hate Nick now? Why is he evil?

Speaking of confusing, who the hell wants to spend so much on time Nick and Adalind? This whole "romance" is just weird, and I felt the same back when I gave up on the show, and now it seems its just gotten weirder. Grand melodramatic kisses and flowing robes and Adalind as some weepy damsel who Nick needs to protect and hold while she whimpers? What happened to spunky evil Adalind? Did the writers forget this whole "romance started by Adalind raping Nick by pretending to be Juliette? Oh, right, the writers never thought that was rape, they thought Nick was "cheating" on Juliette. Whatever. 

Reading those recaps, it made me really miss the whole MOTW fairy tale format. This show reminds me a bit of X Files, in that the stand alone episodes tend to be the strongest and most memorable (In my opinion anyway, and not always, just in general), while the stuff with the mytharc and over arching plot tended to flounder due to poor world building and making up plot points as they went along. The best Grimm, to me, were episodes that focused on interesting takes on fairy tales and mythology, featured beautiful cinematography and the Portland setting, and had likable characters being smart and solving supernatural crimes. The stuff involving the Royals and the Council and the millions of other factions and Wessen politics and all that stuff? Often seemed badly drawn and boring. 

That all being said, I do plan on watching this season, to see how things wrap up. I am hoping that they can at least capture some of their former glory, or give some closure to characters I have followed since the pilot. I am just lowering my expectations. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, GaT said:

Yep. I also forgot Renard got elected mayor & as of now, I can't remember why he's against Nick so I'm confused. This used to be a fun show, this sucks now.

Yeah, why IS Renard against Nick now? Can anyone explain how/why he turned so completely? 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

I think, perhaps, they want us to be okay with this being the show's last season.

Then they finally got something right because I am really OK with it.

3 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

I cannot abide the wonderful, maternal, lovestruck Adalind.  I don't see both Eve and Adalind coming out safe and sound, and Adalind has not one but two offspring, so it's probably curtains for Eve/Juliette. 

Eve helped get Nick's mom killed, she burned down the trailer, & stopped just short of growing a mustache to twirl. Even the idiot writers on this show must realize that they backed her into a corner & she is now pretty much irredeemable. The only thing that she can do now is sacrifice herself to save someone else, & I can't see her story ending any other way. Adalind gets the man. 

37 minutes ago, snarktini said:

Yeah, why IS Renard against Nick now? Can anyone explain how/why he turned so completely? 

17 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

I have no idea and I watched all five seasons of the show!  

Huh, so I didn't just forget? It's nice to know it's them & not me.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, SweetTooth said:

I would TOTALLY agree with this, except:

1. They've minimized all of this and made it some oopsies only Monroe and Juliette seem to remember, while she robotically tries to emote over it.

2. She's either looking at Nick with puppy-dog eyes or not looking at him at all, thus telling me her FEELINGS are coming back.

3. They've literally scrubbed her soul clean. She is now a pure soul. I don't believe they would have done that to make her "good enough" for the "perfect" Nick, if they didn't plan a Nickliette ending.

I don't have as much faith in the writers. I do think they will make Adalind the sacrifice, and Nick/Evelette will ride into the sunset together with baby in tow.

I do see your point because they also somehow have to take care of Diana, who they have clearly written as the bad seed. I can see them having Adalind either sacrifice herself by taking Diana away someplace she can't get away from & leaving Kelly with Nick, or dying with Diana, but once again leaving Kelly safe with Nick & the new, improved, & clean souled Juliette who then gets to be the perfect stepmommy.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, snarktini said:

What I don't really get is if Nick's gang threw the bodies down the tunnel, and also took care of the carnage at the spice shop, and as far as the dead cops at the precinct everybody's WTF, we don't know what happened-- no cameras, then what is Renard pinning on Nick?  Is it the other carnage at the north precinct?  It all doesn't make a whole lot of sense, because if Renard wants Nick dead because he's generally the person who knows too much about his connections to wesen/Black Claw, then he has to want Hank, Wu, Monroe, Rosalee, Bud, Trubel, Eve, the whole lot of them dead.  Hell, even Adalind.  They're all just about equally as much "enemies" to him as Nick is. 

• Love 4

Ok. Not done with the episode but am done with the show. I have stopped watching better shows for a lot less. I will say that I am really bugged that they made Renard a full on villain, especially by using some really stupid motivation.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, SweetTooth said:

I would TOTALLY agree with this, except:

1. They've minimized all of this and made it some oopsies only Monroe and Juliette seem to remember, while she robotically tries to emote over it.

2. She's either looking at Nick with puppy-dog eyes or not looking at him at all, thus telling me her FEELINGS are coming back.

3. They've literally scrubbed her soul clean. She is now a pure soul. I don't believe they would have done that to make her "good enough" for the "perfect" Nick, if they didn't plan a Nickliette ending.

I don't have as much faith in the writers. I do think they will make Adalind the sacrifice, and Nick/Evelette will ride into the sunset together with baby in tow.

(snip)

Do I think a groundswell can help save a character or kill them off? Absolutely. But not always. I also don't think story lines are near as guided by fans as people think they are, unless it really does show in the ratings numbers. And even then, the showrunners are sometimes so egotistical, they'll find ways to shove the unpopular character down the throats of the fans, as they watch the numbers dwindle, just to prove a point. In some cases, those same people are fired.

I think the show wanted to capitalize on the chemistry between these actors, as well as the controversy, and nothing anybody says will veer them off-course. They will probably have Adalind die in Nick's arms or something dramatic like that. And when he's trying to pick up the pieces of his shattered life, there's Pure Soul Juliette, back and fresh as a daisy, to help him.

I'm not certain where the writers are heading, but I'm leaning towards Nick/Adalind and Juliette sacrificing herself. Yes, they scrubbed Juliette's soul clean (I laughed so hard at that) but there was an immediate acknowledgment in the dialogue that it was ridiculous and doesn't wipe away all the shit she did. Why would they go with that plot point of a pure soul, giving her feelings again, other than to reunite Nick and Juliette? I can think of one reason: To make it so that Eve/Juliette becomes a person who would make the choice to sacrifice herself.

I agree with you that Twitter and fan campaigns don't make nearly the impact on show TPTB decision-making that fans think. (And indeed you can find plenty of complaining all over the internets that despite X-strong Twitter fandom a show isn't doing what they want.) I think TPTB like Nick/Adalind for two reasons: The chemistry from S1 on was great between them, and it allows for the frisson of a Grimm ending up with a Wesen, and a Wesen that's not one of the nice kinds like Bud's. Of course, in the process they utterly defanged Adalind, ruining the chemistry and the frisson. While Meisner was alive I thought there was a decent chance Adalind would end up with him and was hoping for that.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

I'm not certain where the writers are heading, but I'm leaning towards Nick/Adalind and Juliette sacrificing herself.

Leaving Rosalee and Monroe to adopt Nick's child???

Can't see Trubel as an adopting parent....

Wait... the SERT team was raiding Monroe and Rosalee's house. Next they were at the refrigerator shop and the SERT was going there. How did they get there, and did they just flee their own house?

It seems like their greatest fear is still to let the general public muggles know about wesen. Maybe Renard and Black Claw should just do the reveal.

Edited by ottilie
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, ottilie said:

Wait... the SERT team was raiding Monroe and Rosalee's house. Next they were at the refrigerator shop and the SERT was going there. How did they get there, and did they just flee their own house?

The police procedural that this show started with several years ago has really gone off the rails. My teen (who is heading for a career in law enforcement) always loved that part of the show (as well as the WOTW). But in the last couple of seasons, the police procedural has become ridiculously bad- even by television standards. 

The SERT stuff drove me bonkers for the reasons you stated, as well as the fact that they seemed to have SO MANY officers on that team. Especially since an ENTIRE precinct was wiped out. And only with one throw away line about how "the FBI is involved" . 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, AuntieL said:

whole manhunt juxtaposed with Hank and Woo furiously whispering on the phone to Nick was sooooo badly done.

Renard got off the phone and out from behind his desk for at least half the episode. SOMEONE had to hold down the whispering on the phone behind the desk duties.

6 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

I like interjections of reality like the policewoman/evidence tech who knows about Renard's shenanigans with Rachel.

I was so surprised that the cop Renard was giving the kill order to turned out to be an honest cop and not one of the many wesen minions in the department. You'd think, with so many available, the Captain would have chosen one of the ones who was already on his side, not a regular guy.

For all we know, it's the show runners themselves who are behind all the Nick-Adalind shipper tweets.

I have loved shows where the forum was full of people who were fed up, so I know how disappointing it can be when you want to share the love. Sometimes fans have helped me see and appreciate the good in a show I was losing patience with, so I would welcome posts from folks who still like it, and can make a case for why. Maybe if I see it through your eyes, I'll be able to reclaim my joy in watching, too. I'm just so disappointed about the loss of what I used to love about it, that I'm not really able to find the good in what it has become instead. But I'm open to it, in theory.

I was hoping they'd stake Diana with the stick, and she would vaporize like a vampire that got staked.

I did like that Rosalee cut off the corpse's hand. I saw it coming, but didn't really think they'd go there. One thing I will give this show is that it never has and still does not shy away from gore.

I want them to do a reverse death exchange where Adalind sacrifices herself to bring Nick's mom back.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

What I don't really get is if Nick's gang threw the bodies down the tunnel, and also took care of the carnage at the spice shop, and as far as the dead cops at the precinct everybody's WTF, we don't know what happened-- no cameras, then what is Renard pinning on Nick?  Is it the other carnage at the north precinct?  It all doesn't make a whole lot of sense, because if Renard wants Nick dead because he's generally the person who knows too much about his connections to wesen/Black Claw, then he has to want Hank, Wu, Monroe, Rosalee, Bud, Trubel, Eve, the whole lot of them dead.  Hell, even Adalind.  They're all just about equally as much "enemies" to him as Nick is. 

This!  None of this Renard vs Nick makes a lick of sense!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

I was so surprised that the cop Renard was giving the kill order to turned out to be an honest cop and not one of the many wesen minions in the department. You'd think, with so many available, the Captain would have chosen one of the ones who was already on his side, not a regular guy.

Considering how often Nick has kicked Wesen ass, I would send a non-Wesen after him too.  Maybe that person would have half a chance.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

Didn't Renard issue an APB with a shoot to kill order, which is not a thing. You can say that Nick is armed and extremely dangerous. American law presumes that if you've used deadly force that the target of that use of force was putting your life or the lives of others in extreme danger. A blanket shoot to kill is illegal because it means that you can gun Nick down when Nick is eating and ice cream cone, reading the paper, or trying to get Kelly to sleep. All situations where no one's life is in danger. This show is so stupid and sloppy.

• Love 6

I thought he said "if he resists, kill him." It's not exactly kosher, but it's common practice in some places, and he was kind of giving his "between you and me" approval. His rank gives him leverage, in that if the guy does not comply, he can make his life miserable, and if he tries to fight it, Renard can deny he said it in the first place.

Renard is clearly off his rocker, which is what happens to him whenever he gets a whiff of power. He's overplayed his hand before, and been very off the books even when he was a good guy or a grey guy. I thought it was very in character for him to be reckless. He's probably so power-drunk he thought the other cop would enjoy the permission, or didn't even care about it when he didn't.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 1

So, yeah, I actually watched this ep...my first in a year.  And it was, um, bizarre (I'll spare you from the Galaxy Quest gif that accurately captured my reaction).  I will admit I skipped the Nick/Adalind scene in the middle because there is a limit to the shit that I will watch and that is waaaay over the line.  I'm only giving this season a try because I have a hunch (which I discussed in another thread) that the Nadalind crap is very short for this world.

It was kind of like watching characters that you know and love stuck in some crappy not-good-enough-for-the-CW nightmare.  I wasn't as bothered by things not making sense, only because I know that skipping the vast majority of season 5 put me behind the game.  Ironically, I found most of it easy to follow--it didn't make any sense, but I could follow it.

Here's where I realized (yet again) that Kouf and Greenwalt are "special morons from the isle of complete and utter morons."  Renard realizes that Nick didn't kill Bonaparte, Diana did.  Now, at this point, it would actually make sense and set up something interesting if Renard didn't have a hissy fit and instead decided to try and harness his daughter's powers for his own use.  But no....what does he do?  Try and frame Nick and send the police, at least one of whom (Franco) is sympathetic to Nick.  He also set himself up for scrutiny because police captains can't just call for manhunts like that.  Really, it does.not.work.that.way.

Speaking of Diana, this was my first time "meeting" her and, um, that is not a good child actress.  I get it, she looks like Claire Coffee...but she was actually pretty painful to watch.  I give child actors a wide berth on things like that, but she was pretty much outside of what I can tolerate.  My guess is that we'll be subjected to quite a bit of her this season so, that's something not to look forward to.

So, Renard seeing blood all over.  I think I've seen that before...where was that?  Oh yeah, SEASON 4.  Oh, for the love of all that is holy, do these show runners not have a single creative thought in their mind?

But, along those same lines, it brings up something else that really bugs me.  I might get my terms a little mixed up here, but stick with me.  This show has always been paranormal, but why are they introducing a metaphysical element now?  They have dabbled with it in the past (La Llorona, which I gave a pass because it was an actual folk tale; Renard and Jack the Ripper thing, which I didn't give a pass because it was stupid), but they seem to be doubling down on it and, with only 13 episodes left, this is not the time to do a shift like that.  I am willing to barely tolerate it on the off chance that we have a Damien Puckler sighting, but that's it.

As for the pure soul thing...really?  All Eve/Juliette has to do is say, "Hey Nick, sorry about your trailer and your mom.  Hey Monroe, sorry for almost killing you.  Hey Rosalee, sorry for trashing your shop" and all will be forgiven.  A big chunk of season 5 was built on the fact that Nick and his gang have an unnatural ability to forgive the most heinous things with Adalind, so I think they should just afford Eve/Juliette the same courtesy and call it good...and then they can save the metaphysical pure soul crap.

Okay, what I liked.  Bud.  I liked Bud.  I also liked Franco--I wish we had seen more of him over the course of the series.  I did feel the acting across the board (except Diana...) was as good as it could be with a truly odious script, but even the best actor can only do so much with abhorrent dialogue.

So, I guess I'm back next week--I just hope they quit this Nadalind crap soon because I'm kind of challenging myself to finish this out, but I have to keep forwarding through big chunks, I don't see that happening.

ETA: Okay, I do have a question that was probably covered in season 5, which I did not watch.  Why couldn't Monroe and Rosalee leave the tunnel through the back door where Monroe saw the plant of some sort.  I mean, could they just have...walked around the plant?

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

I thought they could have left through the plant, but they doubled back to tell the others they'd found an exit. And then they all agreed to go see to Nick instead of escaping.

Though I think power plants tend to have pretty good security, so it's also possible that would have been a bad way to go.

• Love 6

I find it really sad that I used to love both Grimm and Sleepy Hollow, but both shows ended last season with me thinking, "Eh, do I really need to keep watching?" I remember being fed up with a lot of the crap that happened last season but nothing too specific aside from Renard running for mayor and Diana being a scary puppet master. I spent the first 15 minutes of the show asking things like, "Wait, why are Nick and Renard mortal enemies again?" and "Why is everyone still in the tunnels?" so obviously the season finale left a great impression on me.

The biggest WTF for me was that Renard is determined to pin Bonaparte's murder on Nick and get rid of him, but he was totally fine letting Hank and Wu go about their day like nothing had changed which gave them the perfect opportunity to keep oh so stealthily talking to Nick on the phone while Renard was like ten feet away. Did EVERYONE take stupid pills?

Speaking of which, Nick finally agreed with everyone that he should leave Portland because Renard obviously had it in for him so what does he do? Runs straight to Adalind when she calls him and says, "I need to see you!" Not because anything is wrong but because she misses him soooooooo much. Meanwhile, Adalind seems to think it's a good idea to (1) have Nick come over to the house where she and Renard live (2) with Diana who she now suspects of being eeeeeevil. She doesn't think that Diana has ears and can hear her loudly saying that Diana might be out of control? She's not worried about making out with Nick aka Not Diana's Daddy while Diana is in the house? She knows about Diana using those dolls to manipulate both her and Renard but she thinks that they will all be safe from Diana's wrath if she catches Nick in the house? Okay then.

I just can't with Juliette's new squeaky clean pure soul. Ugh. Cleansing bubbles don't change the past, writers. She still did a bunch of bad shit and nothing will erase those things.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

But no....what does he do?  Try and frame Nick and send the police, at least one of whom (Franco) is sympathetic to Nick.  He also set himself up for scrutiny because police captains can't just call for manhunts like that.  Really, it does.not.work.that.way.

But what is he even framing him for?  The bodies at the fortress and the spice shop are cleaned up by the gang.  I guess we're supposed to just swallow it, since Renard has a federal judge in his pocket who will approve any probable cause he cooks up.  Stupid.

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I just can't with Juliette's new squeaky clean pure soul. Ugh. Cleansing bubbles don't change the past, writers. She still did a bunch of bad shit and nothing will erase those things.

I can only (partially) buy it if she does something of a redemptive nature.  So far there's no clean soul for me, that death grip guy made a huge mistake.  The gang and even Juliette acknowledged that. 

• Love 2