Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E01: In Here You Call Me Governor / S15.E02: Your Smile's Gonna Knock Them Out

Carnie really tried to present herself as fun, ditsy, and creative.  However, there were a few examples of how quickly she could turn on others if things did not go her way.  Especially after Arnold's boardroom decision to 'terminate' her.  Her demeanor completely changed and she mocked Arnold as well as Nicole and Lisa.  So, her fun-loving persona is just that-a persona she puts on/acts until things don't go her way.  I am just so relieved that she is gone as I seriously considered not watching this show while she was on it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Vicky8675309 said:

I hope they do a fundraiser task soon and not just product promotion tasks.

I only like the fundraisers when they have to actually sell something, where it's a real task and not just "who has the richest friends" competition. 

• Love 19
On 1/4/2017 at 6:25 PM, BW Manilowe said:

"You're terminated." Then he said something about heading for/going to the chopper to (I think) the first elimination, & he said something different after "You're terminated." the other time.

In the second episode, he added a "hasta la vista" between the "terminated" and "chopper" lines.

• Love 1
On 1/4/2017 at 6:54 PM, Mumbles said:

Oh she is the WORST. Like the time she commemorated Black History Month on her show....by recreating her SI swimsuit issue cover from way back when (she was first black cover model, so she's right up there with Rosa Parks.) Plus she claims to be a Harvard Business School graduate, when all she did was a few weeks of a non-competitive summer certificate program. Plus her show never did produce a top model. 

Arnold has some lovely and poised daughters in their 20s with Maria Shriver. I wish they would replace her.

There has been a lot of press about many different advisors being on the show, so there's a fair chance Tyra will be rotated out. But simply given her fame I imagine the producers consider themselves lucky to get her.

Plus her show never did produce a top model. 

Depends on how you see it.  Nyle is getting work (though the DWTS win probably helped a lot more) and Winnie Harlow did land some sizeable campaigns.  "Top Model" isn't the runway models of her day anymore, it's social media and branding.  I stopped watching ANTM several years ago but I still know who these two were because of it.

• Love 1

It's somewhat surprising that when Nicole Polizzi is acting as herself instead of as the fictional character "Snooki" that she's actually a reasonable adult.  No temper tantrum. A mature outlook on being nominated (basically she just said 'go ahead and do it' and didn't yell). Yes, she said it was bullshit when taken back in the boardroom, but I believed her when she said she was upset about Porche being fake (she's the very definition of fake--although again so is Nicole when she's in "Snooki mode") and not about being nominated. 

"Caghiiiii, you are tuhminated, get to the choppa!" was doubly hilarious, because it uses not one but TWO Ahnold cliches.  Good job on that part, show.

On 1/2/2017 at 10:16 PM, parrotlover said:

And the next time Snooki won't tell Ah nuld who he should terminate when he asks her, she needs to go.

To be fair to her, they ALL ducked the question when asked. She was just the first one.

• Love 1

It may be a quirk, but in the US we call someone who once held political office by the title of their last position. It has nothing to do with salutations in correspondence.

"What happens when they no longer hold the office? Usually out of respect, we would still refer to them the same way." http://englishplus.com/news/news1200.htm

IOW, Candidate Hillary was called Secretary Clinton, after the fact. President Obama in conversation can still be called President Obama in February, should he so desire. And apparently Gov. Schwarzenegger prefers his last title.

pep4, Carson Kressley is a "lame queen"? I think he's tremendous!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 4
On 3.1.2017 at 3:16 AM, parrotlover said:

Porsha Williams should have been fired/terminated in the first hour and Kyle Richards in the second hour but since NBC owns Bravo, I guess the Housewives will be safe for awhile.

And the next time Snooki won't tell Ah nuld who he should terminate when he asks her, she needs to go.

Nooo, they´re the only ones I know on the female team and the reason I´m watching. I love me some real housewives, wherever I can get them :)

• Love 1

This is one of those times where the year delay between filming and broadcast is not a good thing. I remember a brief flurry of publicity when Tyra's line first came out, then nothing. Checking online it seems to be only available through Tyra's own website, to be resold by reps. It's an MLM. Not that it was mentioned in the episode of course.

• Love 2
On January 2, 2017 at 10:14 PM, Bronzedog said:

Arnold is not going to let the women win until he absolutely has to.  And, he really shut down Jon Lovitz for calling him Arnold.  I'm going to definitely find something else to watch next week.  Arnold is too big a turd to continue watching this.

I am not enjoying Arnold.   He's so imperious and rude, IMO.  He was a total asshole when Porsha was talking.   He turns to his nephew, talks over and ignores Porsha while speaking a language no one else seemed to know, and used the typical male insult - she talks too much.  And while she was talking too much, he's the host and proved he wasn't in charge - which is a firing offense on this show.  

On January 3, 2017 at 2:07 AM, DebbieM4 said:

He doesn't really fit the role for me, either.  But I'm sticking with it because I've always enjoyed this show, and I figure either he'll settle in more comfortably over time or I'll just be able to overlook it.  

Oh I don't know. He's a pussy grabber like Trump.  He's a rude, humorless, self-aggrandizing braggart.  I actually wondered at some point if he was doing an impression of Trump.  His hair is even orange!  The constant anecdotes about his brilliance, making everything about him, and having a male yes-man relative on his right - the whole thing felt like an SNL skit mocking this show.  Maybe they should have hired Alec Baldwin. 

• Love 4