Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E01: In Here You Call Me Governor / S15.E02: Your Smile's Gonna Knock Them Out

Sixteen celebrities are set to compete for their favorite charities when "The Celebrity Apprentice" shifts to Los Angeles for its eighth season, where twice-elected California governor and international movie superstar Arnold Schwarzenegger reigns over the Boardroom.

The celebrity contestants must dazzle boss Arnold Schwarzenegger and his two advisors, Tyra Banks and Patrick Knapp Schwarzenegger, with their creativity when tasked with producing an original song and video for Trident.

What does it say when a quarter of the current contestants appeared on DWTS at one point in time?

I only watched the last 40 minutes as I was out but all I could get out of it is...Ah-nuld had some work done.  And he's a kook, but I strangely enjoy him.  

• Love 2

It started out well, then slowly hit the skids.  I like the contestants, although I've never heard of half of them.  Like Tyra.  Ahnold's nephew doesn't say much, but doesn't seem like a jackhole.  Thought Ahnold's insistence on being called "Governor" in the boardroom was obnoxious - I would have called him Governator.

I've always liked CA despite the original host, who was the worst thing about it.  I'll watch this season, especially when it finds its footing and its own voice. At least I hope it will.

• Love 7

I hate it when there's only one hour for one task.  There's not enough time in the board room to discuss.  

Arnold did a pretty good job.  I laughed when he corrected Jon Lovitz who called him Arnold instead of Governor.

Sorry to see Carnie go so soon.  She's got a spunky personality and I was looking forward to her making it far.

Arnold's nephew needs to get some personality or I'll fall asleep when he's talking.

• Love 5

So is a former governor called governor when he is no longer a governor? 'Tis  the question

I  enjoyed it but wish Tyra was the boss. Being that the 80's were my era,  Loved that Boy George is looking good and sober ( esp after the loss of George Michael).   I knew Carnie was toast when she didn't bring back Kyle.  

I'll keep watching.

• Love 3

I hang my head in shame as I say I enjoyed the first episode.  I enjoyed the refreshing change from the Donald to the Terminator.  I liked his nephew Patrick and Tyra..well..she's Tyra.  I liked the way and reasons Arnold eliminated the contestants.  It wasn't telegraphed the way it was with Trump.

Lastly, I never would have figured Boy George and Carson Kressley to be so business-intelligent.  I can't say there was one man I didn't like.  I also felt bad for Lovitz when Arnold said he had to call him Governor.  Oh oh..I also liked Snooki and I've never been a fan.

• Love 9

Arnold is not going to let the women win until he absolutely has to.  And, he really shut down Jon Lovitz for calling him Arnold.  I'm going to definitely find something else to watch next week.  Arnold is too big a turd to continue watching this.

• Love 3

Porsha Williams should have been fired/terminated in the first hour and Kyle Richards in the second hour but since NBC owns Bravo, I guess the Housewives will be safe for awhile.

And the next time Snooki won't tell Ah nuld who he should terminate when he asks her, she needs to go.

• Love 8

Man, seeing 4'10" Snooki next to the super-tall Lisa was funny. I liked this. I know I shouldn't like Ahnuld, but I do. I can't help it.

The only athletes I'd heard of this time were Laila and Lisa. On the men's team, I'd heard of Vince, Boy George, Carson, and Jon. The others are a cipher, and I swear one guy didn't say a word in either episode. I liked that the team names weren't entirely stupid. And I'm going to like changing up the firing catchprase each time.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

So is a former governor called governor when he is no longer a governor? 'Tis  the question

I  enjoyed it but wish Tyra was the boss. Being that the 80's were my era,  Loved that Boy George is looking good and sober ( esp after the loss of George Michael).   I knew Carnie was toast when she didn't bring back Kyle.  

I'll keep watching.

Diana,  I love seeing Boy George looking well too, but I think CA was filmed quite awhile ago....last January maybe.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, parrotlover said:

Porsha Williams should have been fired/terminated in the first hour and Kyle Richards in the second hour but since NBC owns Bravo, I guess the Housewives will be safe for awhile.

And the next time Snooki won't tell Ah nuld who he should terminate when he asks her, she needs to go.

Totally agree on Porsha and Kyle. The men clearly won both tasks, they listened to the clients. The men applying makeup was hysterical. I worked at the ad agency that did the Yellow Pages campaign with Jon Lovitz. He's an ass who should stop tooting his horn.

• Love 8

Boring and unexpectedly unfunny.  Was hoping Lovitz and others would bring the lulz but got almost nothing.  Arnold is stiff and lousy compared to Trump, and his signature lines fell flat.  Expected more from Boy G, instead it was the lame queen that wouldn't shut up.  What a disappointment.

Hope they mix the teams up.  And bring in Morgan Fairchild.

Edited by pep4
  • Love 1

I actually enjoyed the show and did not miss Donald Trump at all. I hate that they cut down the tasks to an hour each as opposed to the usual two though because I feel like we miss out on a lot. 

On the first task, I was rooting for the men's team to win and I was happy that they did. I loved that the men didn't immediately give up because it had to do with makeup, which for the most part, is used by women. Instead, they actually took the time to research the products and learn how to apply them. It showed a lot of respect for the task and especially to Tyra Banks, the creator of the makeup line. By the way, it was weird seeing Tyra on this show and not America's Next Top Model since she's no longer the host, but it was nice at the same time because we got to see a different side to her.

On the second task, I thought that the women were going to take it based on the Trident executives' comments so I was surprised that the men did, although I did like their song and video. I felt that Carnie made a major mistake bringing in Snooki and Lisa with her to the boardroom because the Trident executives didn't like the concept of the video which was Kyle's idea. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Diana Berry said:

50 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Yes.  When someone has been a President, Senator, Representative or Governor, they retain the title even after they leave office. 

Librarian here and waving hand.  Actually it is not correct.  They may be referred to as former but in the USA we do not have titles for life.  The Honorable may be more correct and loosely former (insert title).  Here is the protocol.

1 hour ago, parrotlover said:

Being a watcher of RHoA I can't believe she hoodwinked them.  I can see her over talking is going to get her gone sooner then later.

Liked AS and I liked he didn't yell.  I am in.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Diana Berry said:

Yes. Because there can be more than one governor at a time (one for each state), it is not a unique title so former governors can be called Gov. Whatever. President is a unique title, there being only one at a time, so former presidents are properly called Mr. Whatever, or they can revert to a former title. http://www.uexpress.com/miss-manners/2003/12/2/the-ex-presidential-address

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ananayel said:

Man, seeing 4'10" Snooki next to the super-tall Lisa was funny. I liked this. I know I shouldn't like Ahnuld, but I do. I can't help it.

The only athletes I'd heard of this time were Laila and Lisa. On the men's team, I'd heard of Vince, Boy George, Carson, and Jon. The others are a cipher, and I swear one guy didn't say a word in either episode. I liked that the team names weren't entirely stupid. And I'm going to like changing up the firing catchprase each time.

I knew everybody on the women's team except the blonde and the basketball player.  I know Vince, Boy George and a couple others on the men's team. I don't know any of the athletes.  I REALLY dislike that Carson guy. He's not nearly as funny and charming as he seems to think he is.  

Is anybody else annoyed by the way Kyle purses her lips all the time?  The woman has permanent duck face going on. 

• Love 1

I also noticed something different from previous seasons, but once again, this maybe due to quick editing (as many of you have pointed out, the show is cut down to just one hour) but Ah-nuld did not bother asking Tyra and Patrick who he should fire.  Donald would constantly do that and then just fire whoever he wanted to (and his kids would suck up to him afterwards).  It's amazing how many small different things.

Sorry to see Carnie go so soon.

If you're a big fan of Carnie, you'll know that this is par for the course.  She is a lot of fun, and she's willing to do just about anything, but it seems she's only good at singing and cooking.  But hey, remember, big huge fan here, I just put away all three of the Xmas albums  (How many ways can you girls sing "Silent Night"??).

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Twilight Man said:

I also noticed something different from previous seasons, but once again, this maybe due to quick editing (as many of you have pointed out, the show is cut down to just one hour) but Ah-nuld did not bother asking Tyra and Patrick who he should fire.  Donald would constantly do that and then just fire whoever he wanted to (and his kids would suck up to him afterwards).  It's amazing how many small different things.

Now we know why.  His kids run his empire and he tweets all night.

I also noticed that both teams did not see each other's clip from the task.  I thought that was weird.

Also like to say that Porsha is dumb as a box of rocks.  Still can't believe she made it through.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I also noticed that both teams did not see each other's clip from the task.  I thought that was weird.

Maybe due to the fact that they had to cram everything into an hour. We also didn't see the women's team introducing their clip.

• Love 1

I thought they should have sent Porsha home round one because she is basically an idiot and I can't stand to listen to her go on and on and say nothing.  Snookie Round 2 because she won't articulate her thoughts.  Did anyone on the women's team have a second concept? I like Kyle but she needs to get over the celebrity angle-I guess after Tyra had just told them to use their faces she thought it was a safe concept.  Most of all to the morons at Trident-the guys commercial was nasty.  The guy with food on his face was the anti-clean mouth message. 

It is going to be along season if they keep letting Porsha run her mouth.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Maharincess said:

I REALLY dislike that Carson guy. He's not nearly as funny and charming as he seems to think he is.  

Give him a chance Maharincess.  He's extremely quick witted and funny.  He's a judge on RuPaul's Drag Race and an Olympic level equestrian.  I think he'll grow on you.

Loved Boy George and Vince writing the song together for the second challenge and discovering they don't like each other.  Surprise! -  the lead singers from Motley Crew and Culture Club have nothing in common.  George didn't like Vince drinking around him because he's newly? sober and Vince doesn't give a crap because Vince is Vince and also Vince is a raging alcoholic who will probably go to his grave drinking.  He regularly shows up on TMZ arrested for some alcohol fueled criminal behavior or another.  I mean, anyone who could go through the alcohol and drug fueled '80's rock scene as top dog, out drinking and drugging ever other hard rock and pop band on the scene, get arrested for DUI vehicular homicide, serve time, ruin countless relationships and marriages and still continue to drink to this day has issues.  Having said all that, I like the guy.  Something about him is likeable at least so far. 

Carnie should definitely have brought Kyle back and the fact that she didn't is very suspicious to me.  Like someone had it written into her contract that she had to last at least x number of episodes before she would agree to do the show?  Kyle should have been brought back and thrown under the bus. 

49 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Also like to say that Porsha is dumb as a box of rocks.  Still can't believe she made it through.

They'll probably keep Porsha around for a while hoping she'll get pissed at someone and lose her shit as she is apt to do.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Arnold is not going to let the women win until he absolutely has to.  And, he really shut down Jon Lovitz for calling him Arnold.  I'm going to definitely find something else to watch next week.  Arnold is too big a turd to continue watching this.

I don't think that's necessarily true.  I appreciated the women's energy level, but I thought the men deserved to win both tasks this week.

I think this show is off to a pretty good start, but I wasn't wild about the editing.  Too much seemed to be cut out, especially in the boardroom.  Hopefully that will improve in the coming weeks.

• Love 11

At first when I heard Arnold was going to take over I thought he would be terrible, but then I watched it and realized...I was right.  He just doesn't fit the role for me.  I'm surprised to find this seems to be an unpopular opinion.  He annoyed the hell out of me.  More than Trump even...  But I like the concept so I'll give it a couple of more episodes to pull me in. 

Also, I know I'm out of touch because I only know who the people from the 80's/90's are!  Lol

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, eskimo said:

At first when I heard Arnold was going to take over I thought he would be terrible, but then I watched it and realized...I was right.  He just doesn't fit the role for me.  I'm surprised to find this seems to be an unpopular opinion.  He annoyed the hell out of me.  More than Trump even...  But I like the concept so I'll give it a couple of more episodes to pull me in. 

Also, I know I'm out of touch because I only know who the people from the 80's/90's are!  Lol

He doesn't really fit the role for me, either.  But I'm sticking with it because I've always enjoyed this show, and I figure either he'll settle in more comfortably over time or I'll just be able to overlook it.  

• Love 6

As soon as the teams talked about their concepts, I knew which one would have an edge of winning - the men. It has to do with all of the marketing classes I took in college :) -- always give clients what they want. 

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, eskimo said:

At first when I heard Arnold was going to take over I thought he would be terrible, but then I watched it and realized...I was right.  He just doesn't fit the role for me.

Right now, I'd say he is on par with Martha Stewart's performance. I think he will find his own voice soon, like the part when he gave the women a look when they were talking over him and it just became crickets.

I really hope they do, though, because it's still a little too similar to before where the contestants spend most of the time fawning over him and all the advisers do is go "It was a tough decision but you made the right choice."

Edited by niklj
  • Love 5

I know about half of these celebrities. 

The show raises money for charity, and I've always had mixed feelings about Carnie's charity, which is about raising money for weight loss surgery for people who cant afford it.   I'm not saying that it's not a worthy charity, just that I prefer other charities.  So I guess I think it's not Unworthy, just LESS worthy.  So I'm OK with her going home.  I have found her to be super-annoying on cooking competitions. 

Jon Lovitz has a reputation of being an ass.  His idea of a commercial about people with BAD TEETH?  What the hell?  was he going to promote the idea that Trident gum fixes bad teeth?  I'm glad someone else came up with a better plan. 

The women, in both tasks, just seemed to miss the mark -  that they were to promote the PRODUCT -  to come up with a promotion that would sell the product.  They get carried away with an idea, and lose the main focus.  Boxing sells gum?  how?

And I have to agree with Boy George  about Vince Gill  - drink AFTER the task.  And quit being an ass.  I never expected to like Boy George as much as I do - what a cutie!

And Arnold is also being an ass - mocking people made him look bad. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

I'll keep watching.

The answer 'tis: Yes. Arnold Schwarzenegger's proper title (over "Mr.") is still "Governor" since he previously held the office of Governor of the state of California for 2 terms. Just like former Presidents (& Vice Presidents) still have that title after they leave office; former Cabinet members are still "Mr./Madam Secretary"; Members of Congress are still "Representative/Congress(wo)man" or "Senator"; those who've served in the Armed Forces are still referred to by whatever rank they were at when their military service ended, & I could go on & on.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To try & fix a spacing issue.
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, zulualpha said:

Give him a chance Maharincess.  He's extremely quick witted and funny.  He's a judge on RuPaul's Drag Race and an Olympic level equestrian.  I think he'll grow on you.

Loved Boy George and Vince writing the song together for the second challenge and discovering they don't like each other.  Surprise! -  the lead singers from Motley Crew and Culture Club have nothing in common.  George didn't like Vince drinking around him because he's newly? sober and Vince doesn't give a crap because Vince is Vince and also Vince is a raging alcoholic who will probably go to his grave drinking.  He regularly shows up on TMZ arrested for some alcohol fueled criminal behavior or another.  I mean, anyone who could go through the alcohol and drug fueled '80's rock scene as top dog, out drinking and drugging ever other hard rock and pop band on the scene, get arrested for DUI vehicular homicide, serve time, ruin countless relationships and marriages and still continue to drink to this day has issues.  Having said all that, I like the guy.  Something about him is likeable at least so far. 

Carnie should definitely have brought Kyle back and the fact that she didn't is very suspicious to me.  Like someone had it written into her contract that she had to last at least x number of episodes before she would agree to do the show?  Kyle should have been brought back and thrown under the bus. 

They'll probably keep Porsha around for a while hoping she'll get pissed at someone and lose her shit as she is apt to do.

Carson also became famous as 1 of the 5 "makeover specialists", or whatever you want to call them/they were called, on Queer Eye For The Straight Guy.

• Love 7

Or say something stupid, as she did when she once proclaimed that the Underground Railroad was a real train running underground. I kid you not. And she's Hosea Williams' granddaughter!

A dear friend is a recovering alcoholic, sober for quite some time now. He was watching with me and when Boy George said "I can't be around people who are drinking" he nodded. Vince has zero thoughts about anyone but himself in that situation. I never drink anything around my friend, not even a little bit of wine. Unless you're in recovery, you don't know what seeing alcohol will do to that person. I like Boy George, who knew he had a good head for marketing?

I wondered why they didn't show both teams footage of the presentations/videos also. It would have been gold to see the look on both Porsha and Carnie's faces once they realized they really didn't do that good a job after all. Carnie really thought Lisa and Snookie were the problem? The woman is delusional. Or she was in cahoots with Kyle to keep her around, because I'm sorry.... Lisa was right, Kyle should have been the one heading out the door into the chopper.

• Love 6

I knew the athletes and most of the older people; Real Housewives and Youtube sensations I had no clue on.  I think Carnie's reasoning was that a) she thought Lisa should have pressed her case more if she thought they were so off-track, and b) she smelled blood in the water with Snooki.

2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I like Boy George, who knew he had a good head for marketing?

He actually started as Georgie O'Dowd, dressed in the style we know him for and photobombing paparazzi pics in London, becoming what he referred to as "the first nothing celebrity" (oh that he were the last).  Later someone discovered he could sing.  So really he's been marketing himself since the 70's.

• Love 7

I'm not sure I care for Lisa but she articulated her case well and Carnie allowed herself to be steamrolled.  I wasn't sure how Lisa was one of Porsha's MVPs in the first task, her comment was like, "She just stood around and that was her strength, scaring people".  

Porsha surprised me, she thinks pretty quickly on her feet, once she got the vibe of the show.  She's a fast learner.  I think the women were robbed on the second challenge.

I think AS is fabulous as the new host. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Or say something stupid, as she did when she once proclaimed that the Underground Railroad was a real train running underground. I kid you not. And she's Hosea Williams' granddaughter!

A dear friend is a recovering alcoholic, sober for quite some time now. He was watching with me and when Boy George said "I can't be around people who are drinking" he nodded. Vince has zero thoughts about anyone but himself in that situation. I never drink anything around my friend, not even a little bit of wine. Unless you're in recovery, you don't know what seeing alcohol will do to that person. I like Boy George, who knew he had a good head for marketing?

I wondered why they didn't show both teams footage of the presentations/videos also. It would have been gold to see the look on both Porsha and Carnie's faces once they realized they really didn't do that good a job after all. Carnie really thought Lisa and Snookie were the problem? The woman is delusional. Or she was in cahoots with Kyle to keep her around, because I'm sorry.... Lisa was right, Kyle should have been the one heading out the door into the chopper.

I thought Lisa deserved to be there be she shot the video incorrectly in the first place.  I give her credit though for flipping it when she said Snooky had to be there for 5 hours in the rink.  Well yes she did because of Lisa she had to re-shoot the video.  I hope Lisa is the team leader on the ladies next losing challenge.  I see her being a good person to see what is wrong, I am not seeing her being a good person to come up with an idea.  Plus she whines - a lot.

So now no one wants to be project manager and no one wants to have the concept because they are the only ones considered to go home?  I liked the first elimination when they sent home the woman for  basically being a barnacle.  The ladies biggest issue is they think if they appear or perform they are safe, as long as it is not their idea or they are not team leader.  The biggest thing is if you are standing by your concept before you lose, it is pretty hard to all of sudden say-what a crappy idea and it was Kyle's idea. The leader and the team need to show some integrity.  Arnold going on and on about bringing Kyle back was a misdirect.  If it is a close challenge and no one makes a glaring error, or falls asleep or fails to work, then it should be on the leader.

I agree about the alcohol uncool to drink in the workplace.

From the promos I thought Kyle would go far. . . don't see it happening with her last idea.   

• Love 5

As they were introducing the celebrities I thought it was a pretty good cast until they showed Carnie Wilson.  Every time I see her on a 'celebrity' show she just rubs me the wrong way.  To me she is just exhausting and tries to make everything about herself.  That being said, I was so glad that she was 'terminated' as she totally missed the direction the 'Governor' was going and tried to keep someone she thought was either loyal to her or weaker than her.  Bringing back the one person who pointed out that the team was going the wrong direction was just...stupid (to clarify, I don't think that Carnie is stupid, but that the move was...).  

I thought the men clearly won both tasks as they delivered what the clients wanted.  Tyra stated that she wanted them to demonstrate knowledge about the product, and the Trident people stated that it was about lots of smiles.  

I disagree about Vince not drinking around Boy George due to Boy George's sobriety.  I agree with Vince that Boy George's sobriety should not affect other people's actions and behaviors.  I think that most people will try to accommodate someone's preferences, but don't think it has to be mandatory.  If Vince always brings wine into the studio, why should he have to adapt how he works?  He himself may be an alcoholic, but he definitely has a way that he works.   I know that this is probably an unpopular opinion, and I like seeing Boy George on this season, but if he is too newly sober to even be around alcohol, maybe he should have waited for a later season.  In previous editions of this show, the winning team would watch the proceedings in a nice suite with food and drinks (including alcohol).  It's a hard world for recovering addicts and there doesn't seem to be any easy answers.

My understanding regarding the ongoing use of 'titles' is that once someone is out of office they are no longer able to use the title as there is someone else with the title in the office.  Including "former" works as it clarifies that the person is no longer serving in that position.  It lessens the official position and title to allow those no longer in office to use the title once they are out of office.  Regarding this episode, I found it strange that Arnold insisted that he be called Governor as his fame is not from that career path.  

Overall, I am so very glad that this show is back!  I think it's a good cast and have already been pleasantly surprised by people I had never heard about before this show.  I hope that they are all able to raise lots of money.

• Love 4

I found it interesting how Brooke kept deflecting the position of Project Manager to other people.  I don't think she will be able to keep that up long term, but she definitely had a strategy going into the show.

• Love 5

Kyle's idea wasn't bad, but it was definitely not the brief for the task and not what the clients asked for. The guys' was better, and the idea of the smeared face with gleaming teeth has already been used (Orbitz maybe?) It just wasn't clear enough - he barely smiled. Jon may be an ass, but at least he knows when better ideas come along and doesn't cling to his "vision" as they circle the drain. And I thought the guys clearly won the makeup challenge.

Nicole isn't cut out for this, but I am impressed at how well she's pulled herself together after her drunken Jersey Shore antics. I'm not familiar with Porsha, but she did think quickly on her feet and may last a while just due to that. Vince has never really played well with others, I've watched him all the way back to the Surreal Life. If you haven't seen it, find a way. It's awesome.

• Love 3

I'm not planning on watching the rest of this season, but, I hope TMZ shows Porscha's inevitable meltdown.   That woman will eventually go bat shit crazy.  I'm also impressed with how Snookie has gotten herself together.  I actually like her now.

My entire career was spent on Capitol Hill and every Senator, Representative, Governor and President continued be called by that title long after they left office.  

• Love 9

I'm no tech wizard, but can't they just flip the video to the correct orientation?  

Carnie brought Snookie and Lisa back to the board room because she thought sending one of them home was a slam dunk.  Lisa for (rightly) poo-pooing the idea to begin with, and Snookie because she'd been brought in the episode before and comes across as mousy.  Carnie was an idiot for not realizing that when the client says they lost because of the concept but they liked the production, you bring in your concept person, not your production people, regardless if a technical error caused them to be taping twice as long as necessary.  The client neither knows nor cares about that.  And I love Lisa Leslie for pointing that out and for having Nicole's back.  I hope she (Lisa) goes far.

The women's team has twice now not listened to what the client wants.  If they don't fix that soon, there won't be many of them left.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, zulualpha said:

Give him a chance Maharincess.  He's extremely quick witted and funny.  He's a judge on RuPaul's Drag Race and an Olympic level equestrian.  I think he'll grow on you.

Carson is a very intelligent and kind person who is extremely generous to charity and actually when off camera very quiet and content with farm life which is how he grew up. I will not be surprised if he does very well whatsoever because he came from a hard working upbringing and has cleaned more of his share of stalls caring for horses, and puts his pants on one leg at a time as they say, he is down to earth.  Correction, he does not compete in the Olympic equestrian events, however, he competes in the elite level as an exhibitor of American Saddlebred Show Horses. He has ridden to World Championship titles and started out riding at the most local level and went to the top. He at one time worked for the National Governing Body of equestrian sport (USEF- it's like the NBA, NFL, etc for horse sports).  He is a very skilled rider and driver and competes and exhibits to top ribbons. 

My only brush with Jon Lovitz was poolside at the Mirage in LV. He was seated not far from me at the pool. He was in town filming a caper movie with Mr. Bean the name of the movie escapes me. He was very quiet, rode the waterslide and cooled off in the pool a couple of times.  But the funny thing was I think they had a hard night, the guy he was with-I never saw his face- was face down, fully dressed in bermuda shorts a t shirt, and knee socks and shoes and remained asleep face down at the pool for 3 hours and never moved. :-) Sorry OT but I thought it was cool! 

• Love 9

What was the "firing" line he went with?

"You're Terminated.  Hasta La Vista, Baby." Then they were flown away in a choppah...er, helicopter.

Personally, I want for Ah-nuld to say "GET DOWN!"

• Love 1

We'll give this a shot, it wasn't terrible. I was surprised at how much I liked Boy George, too! (someone upthread expressed that as well)

As far as the video being shot wrong....I can rotate a video on my PHONE, how can someone with all that state of the art editing equipment NOT be able to do that? I ask this sincerely, maybe I'm missing something.

I thought the guys also deserved both wins. I didn't actually think Kyle would have deserved to be "terminated" ;) just because the idea was hers, especially when almost everyone, including the PM loved the idea. I think it fell more on the PM because she didn't listen to the one dissenting voice to at least see if there was a good point being made; which obviously there was.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I'm not planning on watching the rest of this season, but, I hope TMZ shows Porscha's inevitable meltdown.   That woman will eventually go bat shit crazy.  I'm also impressed with how Snookie has gotten herself together.  I actually like her now.

My entire career was spent on Capitol Hill and every Senator, Representative, Governor and President continued be called by that title long after they left office.  

Porsha's assaulted 3 women on RHoA, been charged by two of them (I think, I lost count) so you know they are hoping someone pushes her buttons. Don't wave a sceptor at her or talk back to her. LOL

1 hour ago, Kerri Okie said:

I'm no tech wizard, but can't they just flip the video to the correct orientation?  

Yes. It's called the rotate button. Very easy to do, I do it with photos and videos on my phone or iPad all the time. I think the graphics/professional people who work on these things with them are told not to suggest anything, but to follow the PM's lead. Which is exactly what that guy did.

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 7
45 minutes ago, illini1959 said:

As far as the video being shot wrong....I can rotate a video on my PHONE, how can someone with all that state of the art editing equipment NOT be able to do that? I ask this sincerely, maybe I'm missing something.

They could rotate it, but it would still be wrong as they'd only get the middle portion of the shot or they would have to egregiously pillarbox it which wouldn't look right on TV either.  Essentially, she shot with the camera vertical/portrait-mode instead of horizontal.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

Wow I had no idea.  I hope he's still doing well.

He's doing great!  From reading some of the comments, I think people had the impression that he's newly sober, but he's actually been clean now for going on a decade.  He's extremely health conscious these days.  I have been a huge, diehard fan of his my entire life (well, since I was 5 and I'm almost 39) and I had the privilege of meeting him for the first time back in July, and then again in September, and he's just SO lovely.  I met him for maybe 30 seconds in July and when I saw him again two months later, he recognized me.  It was a fangirl's dream come true.  I was worried about how he would do on this show since he has such a strong personality, but I was so proud of him for winning the first task!

8 hours ago, backformore said:

Jon Lovitz has a reputation of being an ass.  His idea of a commercial about people with BAD TEETH?  What the hell?  was he going to promote the idea that Trident gum fixes bad teeth?  I'm glad someone else came up with a better plan. 

And I'm glad he was willing to listen and adjust, because the men totally would have lost with that terrible idea.

1 hour ago, Kerri Okie said:

That was my question too!  "Can't you people just flip it??"

• Love 7

I read here about what to call a former governor:

http://www.formsofaddress.info/Governor_US_Former.html

How to Address a Former Governor of a State of the United States
Note: The Honorable is the most frequently used courtesy title for governors. However, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and South Carolina officially and traditionally address their governor as Your Excellency.
      Here is a link to a to forms for the spouse of a governor.        
      Here is a link to a to forms for a current governor.    

Envelope, official:
    The Honorable
        (Full name)
            (Address)

Letter salutation:
    Dear Mr./Ms./etc.* (surname):
* Use the honorific they were entitled to before they held the office of governor.

As for Arnold, I am sure there are a few things he would be called or referred to and it isn't governor. Californian here. lol

Overall, I liked this first episode, but I was miffed that it seemed the tasks were rushed. I like to see the work that actually goes into each task. It was hard to know who actually put in work versus who didn't.

I liked what Arnold said about someone taking a challenge and choosing to be project manager. In other words, being project manager on a losing task is not reason enough to get booted.

• Love 1