Type keyword(s) to search

Dragon Ball Super - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So, did TPTB forget or deliberately omit ChiChi trained Goten first and it was under her training he turned Super Saiyan for the first time and Gohan was oblivious to Goten training because he was studying? This and Master Roshi being selected for this tournament are another reason why I don’t consider Super canon. How is Master Roshi selected for the tournament over Yamcha and Tien? Yamcha has become a joke in Super so I get why they ignored him but Tien outmatched Master Roshi at the 22nd Tournament, has never stopped training (unlike Krillin) and he was there when Freeza came to Earth during Super. 

On a lighter side, every woman should want Whis in the delivery room. Maybe the name Vegeta selected can be Bulla’s middle name and I’ll be pissed if I were Vegeta, too, watching everyone hold my kid before me. After the birth no one thought, “Oh, let’s give the parents a moment alone with their kid?” The Image Battle was a nice call back to the original DBZ when Gohan and Krillin mentally trained on their way to Namek.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:24 PM, Tenshinhan said:

That Gohan episode was probably my least favorite piece of filler during that fight.

Why? Just curious. I was annoyed Gohan returned to the fight since Goku told him to leave. I get why Gohan didn't want to leave his Dad behind but they both could've died on that planet. Assuming Bulma didn't leave, imagine how devastated ChiChi and Bulma's parent would've been if none of them came back. 

Missing scene:

Vegeta: WHAT?!? YOU JUST GAVE BIRTH!????!!?

Bulma: Yeah! Meet your baby daughter!

Vegeta: (stammering) I can't . . . I didn't . . .

Bulma: Look, you're here now. It's oh- .. . . OWWWWWWW!!!!!

[the small crowd stirs]

Vegeta: What's the matter?!?

Bulma: The . . . I feel full! Oh, God, it hurts!!!!

Whis: Oh, my. I might have made an error.

Vegeta: (grabbing Whis) WHAT? DID YOU DO?!??

Whis: Well, you couldn't leave Bulma until she had the baby, so I managed to teleport the child out of her body. As they say here on Earth, "Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!"

Vegeta: (facepalming) What about the placenta?!?

Whis: Beg pardon?

Vegeta: (veins bulging) When a woman is pregnant, the child is fed through an umbilical cord, and it's protected by fluid. Are you telling me Bulma's water didn't even break?!?

Whis: Wow. I . . . wow. This is embarrassing.

Chi Chi: (to Bulma) How does he know about that?

Bulma: He went to classes with me. Total sweetheart.

Chi Chi: How many times did he blow up the school?

(Vegeta continues to throttle Whis)

Bulma: Twice. But he was great the other seven times!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Arcadiasw said:

Why? Just curious. I was annoyed Gohan returned to the fight since Goku told him to leave. I get why Gohan didn't want to leave his Dad behind but they both could've died on that planet. Assuming Bulma didn't leave, imagine how devastated ChiChi and Bulma's parent would've been if none of them came back. 

I didn't like how weak it made Goku look, with Gohan sensing his father's Ki vanish. Goku as a Super Saiyan is too strong for that. It was also too far away for Gohan to have flown all the way back from the ship in such a short time. It just seemed like they were padding out the episode in the most nonsensical ways they could.

4 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Missing scene:

Vegeta: WHAT?!? YOU JUST GAVE BIRTH!????!!?

Bulma: Yeah! Meet your baby daughter!

Vegeta: (stammering) I can't . . . I didn't . . .

Bulma: Look, you're here now. It's oh- .. . . OWWWWWWW!!!!!

[the small crowd stirs]

Vegeta: What's the matter?!?

Bulma: The . . . I feel full! Oh, God, it hurts!!!!

Whis: Oh, my. I might have made an error.

Vegeta: (grabbing Whis) WHAT? DID YOU DO?!??

Whis: Well, you couldn't leave Bulma until she had the baby, so I managed to teleport the child out of her body. As they say here on Earth, "Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!"

Vegeta: (facepalming) What about the placenta?!?

Whis: Beg pardon?

Vegeta: (veins bulging) When a woman is pregnant, the child is fed through an umbilical cord, and it's protected by fluid. Are you telling me Bulma's water didn't even break?!?

Whis: Wow. I . . . wow. This is embarrassing.

Chi Chi: (to Bulma) How does he know about that?

Bulma: He went to classes with me. Total sweetheart.

Chi Chi: How many times did he blow up the school?

(Vegeta continues to throttle Whis)

Bulma: Twice. But he was great the other seven times!

That's very funny.

3 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

I didn't like how weak it made Goku look, with Gohan sensing his father's Ki vanish. Goku as a Super Saiyan is too strong for that. It was also too far away for Gohan to have flown all the way back from the ship in such a short time. It just seemed like they were padding out the episode in the most nonsensical ways they could.

True. It was another way of extending the suspense in the longest fight ever.

True but given the misogny in Japan and the series in general this is not surprising. All the female fighters on the series give up fighting to be SAHM. 18 is the strongest female on the series but it takes until  the last leg of Super for her to be featured in a fight since the Android/Cell Saga. Lunch was mainly brought in to be homemaker for Roshi and kid Krillin and Goku when Goku lived there. After that, she was a one note character who personalities flipped for I guess for comic relief. When DBZ started, Lunch was written out of the series and the one note character trait was passed to Chichi who was only brought back to the series so Goku can have kids. Bulma is the only female character that is really integrated into the series when the same could have been but wasn't done for Chichi, 18 and Videl. 

• Love 1

It’s nice to see humans finally get one over the Saiyans because it’s been the Saiyan show since Majin Boo or perhaps Cell Games? Not buying Krillin’s that human but I guess it has to be him since Tien (who never stopped training) is written out again and Yamcha has been made into a joke. How can Gohan still be this rusty after training with Piccolo again after Gold Freeza?

And Super Goku, you’re looking pathetic arguing with a three old over who won a fight. DBZ Goku will like to talk to you.

Makes sense Kami's Temple is mobile.  Seems most of the fighters knew about Oob. Really waters down the shock at the end of DBZ when Goku leaves with him. I don't agree with Goku keeping the secret of the consequences of losing the tournament from the fighters. They're gonna find out anyway and wouldn't they fight better knowing what's at stake instead of thinking it's an exhibition? 

Finally acknowledgment Goku is partly blamed with Gohan’s fighting instead of it solely on Chichi as a lot of fans tend to blame. Piccolo is right. Gohan becomes arrogant when he taps into his hidden powers and when he has an opponent down, he lowers his guard and doesn’t go in for the kill like his Dad. (Ex. Raditz and Freeza) Gohan’s laziness is also inherited from his Dad. Goku has the capability to get a job but he doesn’t wanna work. He rather train. Gohan has the capability to fight but he’s doesn’t wanna do it. He rather have his head in his books. Chichi’s dislike of fighting (after Goku’s fight with Piccolo) had some influence but even she couldn’t stop Gohan when he really wanted to do something (leave for Namek to revive Piccolo) If Gohan really put his foot down on fighting, she would’ve gave in. Since Chichi trained Goten, that’s another clue it wasn’t her that caused Gohan to stop fighting.

I would love if Goku trained Gohan first but he proved he wouldn’t be the best teacher for Gohan. Goku had an entire year with Gohan and he screwed up by not preparing properly Gohan for Cell. That was a critical error that cost Goku his life and it validates Piccolo’s previous comments that Goku would be too soft on Gohan as a teacher. Even Gohan knows this and reaches out to Piccolo instead of his Dad when he wanted to train again.

Nice call back to the dinosaur with the missing tail kid Gohan sliced off and ate. 

Edited by Arcadiasw

Very pretty animation for Tien's village and I like that he's a teacher. So Master Roshi has been training all this time and has gotten stronger. I can buy that since before Goku came around Roshi has been relaxing on his island without a challenge. With all these new fighters cropping up in DB and DBZ, he might have been ready to pass the mantle as world savior but not ready to be taken out to pasture as a fighter but how no one else (Krillin) never noticed is surprising. That's a long grudge for that woman to hold against Tien. It must be almost 30 years since Tien left the Crane School. 🤔 🤨

On 11/25/2018 at 6:05 AM, Arcadiasw said:

Finally acknowledgment Goku is partly blamed with Gohan’s fighting instead of it solely on Chichi as a lot of fans tend to blame. Piccolo is right. Gohan becomes arrogant when he taps into his hidden powers and when he has an opponent down, he lowers his guard and doesn’t go in for the kill like his Dad. (Ex. Raditz and Freeza) Gohan’s laziness is also inherited from his Dad. Goku has the capability to get a job but he doesn’t wanna work. He rather train. Gohan has the capability to fight but he’s doesn’t wanna do it. He rather have his head in his books. Chichi’s dislike of fighting (after Goku’s fight with Piccolo) had some influence but even she couldn’t stop Gohan when he really wanted to do something (leave for Namek to revive Piccolo) If Gohan really put his foot down on fighting, she would’ve gave in. Since Chichi trained Goten, that’s another clue it wasn’t her that caused Gohan to stop fighting.

I would love if Goku trained Gohan first but he proved he wouldn’t be the best teacher for Gohan. Goku had an entire year with Gohan and he screwed up by not preparing properly Gohan for Cell. That was a critical error that cost Goku his life and it validates Piccolo’s previous comments that Goku would be too soft on Gohan as a teacher. Even Gohan knows this and reaches out to Piccolo instead of his Dad when he wanted to train again.

You know, if DBZ wasn't creator-owned, I think a good story would basically be "What does Son Gohan REALLY want?" Think about it: he was supposed to be a normal boy . . . but then his father dies and Piccolo brutally trains him for a year. Gohan survives the Saiyan battle, but he volunteers for the Namek trip because he felt he owed it to the guy who sacrificed himself. My feeling that Gohan would rather not fight if he had a choice, but he's too powerful not to fight in the stories. Meanwhile, it's painful to see him try to look scholarly. I wonder if those are prescription lenses in his glasses. I figure he never found out what he really wanted, because each of his parents kept pulling on him. Basically, Gohan would have an existential crisis, and that shit is way too deep for this franchise. I would have him firmly loving Videl and Pan, though.

While I'm thinking about it: was it ever established how and why Tien had a third eye? Or what the heck Chiaotzu was supposed to be? Beyond the original series, all he really did was try to kamikaze Nappa, and that didn't work.

On 12/2/2018 at 3:18 PM, Lantern7 said:

While I'm thinking about it: was it ever established how and why Tien had a third eye? Or what the heck Chiaotzu was supposed to be?

Possessing a "third eye" is a symbol of spiritual awakening and enlightenment in Asian mythology/religions; it's a common character trait in Wuxia fiction.  While there's no in-story explanation for it, there is a section in one of the official guidebooks that suggests that Tien/Tenshinhan is a descendant of the "Three-Eyed Clan", a race of Earthlings descended from aliens.  This was probably only written as an attempt to retroactively explain the character's unusual abilities, and doesn't come from the author himself.

Chiaotzu is just another Earthling, however his appearance is based off of a jiangshi, a Chinese vampire that feeds on Ki/Chi.  It's a creature very common in East Asian horror and pop culture.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, Lantern7 said:

You know, if DBZ wasn't creator-owned, I think a good story would basically be "What does Son Gohan REALLY want?" Think about it: he was supposed to be a normal boy . . . but then his father dies and Piccolo brutally trains him for a year. Gohan survives the Saiyan battle, but he volunteers for the Namek trip because he felt he owed it to the guy who sacrificed himself. My feeling that Gohan would rather not fight if he had a choice, but he's too powerful not to fight in the stories. Meanwhile, it's painful to see him try to look scholarly. I wonder if those are prescription lenses in his glasses. I figure he never found out what he really wanted, because each of his parents kept pulling on him. Basically, Gohan would have an existential crisis, and that shit is way too deep for this franchise. I would have him firmly loving Videl and Pan, though.

While I'm thinking about it: was it ever established how and why Tien had a third eye? Or what the heck Chiaotzu was supposed to be? Beyond the original series, all he really did was try to kamikaze Nappa, and that didn't work.

I always thought the glasses was a spoof of the Superman/Clark Kent persona.  I don't see Gohan as a scholar either. I always thought he would grow up to be a doctor or scientist. I think Goku said something about Gohan being a scientist after he beats Cell. I agree Gohan doesn't want to fight either. Would've been interesting to see Goku and Chichi's early years and how a scholar of all professions is the one Chichi wanted for Gohan. I wouldn't be surprised if it was spurned on by Goku who was too eager to start teaching baby/toddler Gohan martial arts or Chichi noticing Gohan as a bright child and what he could do with his mind and fearing his potential as something other than a fighter will be lost if he follows his father's path. 

Wasn't Tien Chiaotzu's body guard or Chiaotzu was an emperor? 

2 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

I always thought the glasses was a spoof of the Superman/Clark Kent persona.  I don't see Gohan as a scholar either. I always thought he would grow up to be a doctor or scientist. I think Goku said something about Gohan being a scientist after he beats Cell. I agree Gohan doesn't want to fight either. Would've been interesting to see Goku and Chichi's early years and how a scholar of all professions is the one Chichi wanted for Gohan. I wouldn't be surprised if it was spurned on by Goku who was too eager to start teaching baby/toddler Gohan martial arts or Chichi noticing Gohan as a bright child and what he could do with his mind and fearing his potential as something other than a fighter will be lost if he follows his father's path. 

Goku's line to Gohan during the Cell Games was about him becoming a scholar, at least in the original version.  That's always been the profession that Gohan and the other characters talked about since the beginning of the series.

Once DBZ starts, Chichi's character is written to reflect the stereotype of the education-obsessed Asian mother, so that's part of the reason why Gohan is pushed in the "scholarly" direction.  Gohan is also written in many ways to be an "anti-Goku".  His language and speaking patterns are noticeably much more formal and polite (in the original) than Goku's, his intellect broader, and he's first introduced as a "sheltered crybaby" as opposed to the untamed and fearless Goku.  Additionally, Chichi and Ox-King are both portrayed as being "country bumpkin" types themselves, even more so than Goku.  So maybe part of Chichi's motivation for Gohan's education stems from her own background and desire for Gohan to not have to face that kind of social stigma, etc.

3 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

Wasn't Tien Chiaotzu's body guard or Chiaotzu was an emperor? 

This was in the third DB movie, Mystical Adventure.  It takes place in an alternate reality and is not canon to the series in any way.

22 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Goku's line to Gohan during the Cell Games was about him becoming a scholar, at least in the original version.  That's always been the profession that Gohan and the other characters talked about since the beginning of the series.

Once DBZ starts, Chichi's character is written to reflect the stereotype of the education-obsessed Asian mother, so that's part of the reason why Gohan is pushed in the "scholarly" direction.  Gohan is also written in many ways to be an "anti-Goku".  His language and speaking patterns are noticeably much more formal and polite (in the original) than Goku's, his intellect broader, and he's first introduced as a "sheltered crybaby" as opposed to the untamed and fearless Goku.  Additionally, Chichi and Ox-King are both portrayed as being "country bumpkin" types themselves, even more so than Goku.  So maybe part of Chichi's motivation for Gohan's education stems from her own background and desire for Gohan to not have to face that kind of social stigma, etc.

This was in the third DB movie, Mystical Adventure.  It takes place in an alternate reality and is not canon to the series in any way.

Thanks. I remember seeing that somewhere about Tien and Chioatzu. Couldn't remember where. Yeah, I read about Chichi being a stereotype but it's really extreme to the point it's not funny,  In DBZ it was funny at times. In Super, not so much. As for Chichi's motivation for Gohan. Good point. Could stem from both. 

14 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

has Fat Boo ever proven useful in Super? 

If it wasn't for him, who'd eat all the excess food? It's an important ecological niche.

Preparing, preparing, preparing for the big tournament. And then preparing some more.

I'm sad that Boo again is out of the tournament.  They only time we've gotten to see him fight post Boo arc is the exhibition match.  I was really looking forward to seeing him in the free for all.

At least everyone (well except Chichi again) knows the truth about the Tournament of Power but I found it odd 18 still planned to drop out because there wasn't any prize money. You would think the threat of your kid being wiped out would be motivation to fight. Boo continues to be useless. Interesting I saw DBZ Kai last night where Vegeta kills off Nappa for being dead weight. I think Vegeta should've done the same to Boo in DBZ when he had the chance. 

8 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

I saw DBZ Kai last night where Vegeta kills off Nappa for being dead weight. I think Vegeta should've done the same to Boo in DBZ when he had the chance. 

He did. Remember? He got hopped up on the Maijin power (or whatever it was called), and that ended with him going kamikaze with Buu. And it worked . . .for about a minute. Then Buu reformed himself, while Vegeta's body turned to stone and shattered.

Yes, Goku was basically an idiot in general in covering up the whole "Our universe gets destroyed if we lose" deal. And then he gets the idea . . . to recruit Frieza. If the next episode doesn't end with Beerus beating the snot out of Goku, it's going to be disappointing. Tat last shot with Frieza still hanging from his prison in hell (or HFIL) was pretty funny. Looks like the cutesy marching band took a break from tormenting him.

Too bad Vegeta destroyed the time chamber again. They could have used it to give Buu his two-month nap in 5 minutes.

Best line of the episode: "This universe is enormous, and yet all of the decent fighters seem to be on or from this teeny booger of a planet!"

Edited by Sandman87

@Sandman87 . . . I'll have to do the math later. It's not that I'm that big a jerk about it, but I am curious.

In regard to the previous episode and the zoom on Mr. Popo's eyes . . . do you think the DBS production people watch Dragon Ball Z Abridged at all? Because one of their trademarks was making Popo the sinister force that really runs things, and that was emphasized often by the closeup on those eyes. Also, it gives me a reason to show this.

6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

@Sandman87 In regard to the previous episode and the zoom on Mr. Popo's eyes . . . do you think the DBS production people watch Dragon Ball Z Abridged at all? Because one of their trademarks was making Popo the sinister force that really runs things, and that was emphasized often by the closeup on those eyes. 

The close-up on the eyes thing was something that was done in the actual series, which may be where Abridged got it from.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:58 PM, Lantern7 said:

He did. Remember? He got hopped up on the Maijin power (or whatever it was called), and that ended with him going kamikaze with Buu. And it worked . . .for about a minute. Then Buu reformed himself, while Vegeta's body turned to stone and shattered.

Yes, Goku was basically an idiot in general in covering up the whole "Our universe gets destroyed if we lose" deal. And then he gets the idea . . . to recruit Frieza. If the next episode doesn't end with Beerus beating the snot out of Goku, it's going to be disappointing. Tat last shot with Frieza still hanging from his prison in hell (or HFIL) was pretty funny. Looks like the cutesy marching band took a break from tormenting him.

No. I meant on the Kai's planet after the fight with Evil Boo. Vegeta was gonna finish off Fat Boo while he was still unconscious (I think) but Goku and Mr. Satan pleaded with Vegeta to spare him. 

I'm so used to DBS Goku that him wanting Freeza be the tenth member makes sense as well as their entire dialogue at the end. Goku knows how to play the fool but he knows how to manipulate things to get his way and he can remove himself emotionally when there are things at stake like the universe.  Goku's also thinking ahead so he knows what to expect from Freeza unlike others. 18 was gonna drop out because there was no prize money and she knew her kid risk being wiped out. I actually laughed at how Vegeta and Krillin were against Freeza joining them even for a day. Would've been a perfect time for Tien and Yamcha (if he were there) to remind Vegeta he was responsible for their deaths and they had to work with him when they didn't want to and accept him living on Earth all this time and trust him again after he became Majin Vegeta. Krillin married a killer. Freeza is worst, but they are running out of options and for this, they need to swallow their pride and emotions. 

And so, Goku can IT to the Other World. After everything else, nothing is surprising anymore. 

Edited by Arcadiasw

Just realized. . .  Kale is Universe-6 Broly.

Are we going to get to the part where Yamcha finds out Goku never even considered him for the team? Poor bastard."Well, Buu flopped on us. We could go with nine and get a spot-filler for the final slot. Or I could make some deals, go to the Home For Infinite Losers, and give Space Hitler a 24-hour furlough. That couldn't possibly blow up on us, right?"

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:48 PM, Lantern7 said:

Just realized. . .  Kale is Universe-6 Broly.

Are we going to get to the part where Yamcha finds out Goku never even considered him for the team? Poor bastard."Well, Buu flopped on us. We could go with nine and get a spot-filler for the final slot. Or I could make some deals, go to the Home For Infinite Losers, and give Space Hitler a 24-hour furlough. That couldn't possibly blow up on us, right?"

Or how about the part where Goku comments Freeza won't repent so his soul can't cross over. So, does this mean Freeza's Dad and even Cell have repented? Since Dende told Goku this, does this mean Goku's been keeping tabs on Freeza. It just seems like a random fact he would know. 

11 minutes ago, Terrafamilia said:

Everybody's becoming a Super Saiyan now! Before this is all over I expect Chiaotzu and Yamcha to to be able to go Super Saiyan. Well, at least Chaiotzu. Yes, I know they're not actually Saiyan, but still...

Tell me about it. Being a Super Saiyan used to be an amazing thing and now it's made into a joke. Even Trunks and Goten turning Super Saiyan so quickly isn't as bad as this. 

(edited)

For the hell of it, here are the undubbed opening credits. Needless to say, Funimation took a few liberties.

ETA: Has anyone here seen the new DBS movie? Should I wait for it to come out on DVD?

Edited by Lantern7
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:31 AM, Lantern7 said:

For the hell of it, here are the undubbed opening credits. Needless to say, Funimation took a few liberties.

ETA: Has anyone here seen the new DBS movie? Should I wait for it to come out on DVD?

Funimation's always taking liberties. I saw the movie. I don't know how it is in your area but if there are multiple showings go to the earliest one. It was limited in my area with one theater at 7pm on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. I didn't mind the packed theater but I hate when people are yelling or talking so loud I can't hear what was said on screen and it happened a few times. Unless you REALLY want to see it and can't avoid spoilers, I would wait for DVD since I think an extended edition will be released with scenes that didn't make the movie. There were times where the editing was obvious and you're left wondering what else happened in this scene.  If you were expecting to see someone from the main cast that's not named Goku, Vegeta and Bulma then wait for the DVD. If you want to see a long fight that definitely has influence from Marvel and DC fights in movies and rehashing from previous DB arcs then go to the theater, but if you go, go early or if the crowd dies but I don't know how long this will actually be in theaters. 

Two consecutive episodes of nonstop action! I don't know if I can take it.

Universe 9 tries to gang up on Goku all at once. Vegeta reluctantly lends a hand, resulting in total defeat for 9. The Omni-Kings waste no time in utterly eradicating Universe 9, along with everyone in or from it.

I'd hate the Zenoes a lot more if they were actually evil. No, they're just way above it all, and they like wiping out an entire universe. That, in itself, is frightening as fuck. Most of Team Universe 9 were jerks, but they didn't deserve that. I guess they weren't spicy enough to live.

As for the prior episode?

Gohan: Okay. Thanks for making me leader. When things start, we gotta stake the center of the ring. Try to stay together. No one fights alone. We can't fly, and that negates a lot of what we take for granted. We survive these next 48 minutes, win the Super Dragon Balls, and maybe wish any dead Universes back to life. Is anyone with me?

Tien: (raising his hand) Not really. Your dad's gone.

Gohan: (rolling his eyes) Of course he is. I mean, Dende forbid if he actually sticks to the plan, especially after making ME the leader! Wait . . . where are the Androids?

Krillin: Yeah, Eighteen said she has a lot of fighting to make up for, since she's been relegated from Potential Arc Big Bad to my wife. Seventeen went with her.

Gohan: (sighing) Right. Well, at least Vegeta is staying.

Vegeta: Fuck you. I'm just man enough to leave while you're watching me. (zooming off) KAKAROT!!! YOU BETTER NOT BE HAVING FUN WITHOUT ME!!!!!!

Freiza: (floating) Well, as much fun as it is to pretend a half-breed monkey could give me orders, I will take my leave. Time to destroy idiots, then make love to my counterpart from Universe 6! Oh, and Baldy?

Krillin: (looking up) Eh?

Freiza: (making finger gun) Bang. (zooming off)

Roshi: Um, Krillin? Did you just shit in your gi?

Krillin: CAN YOU BLAME ME?!?

Piccolo: Half-pint has a point. I guess it's my adopted son and us bald guys fighting together, while the Saiyans take the first bits of story time. (sighing) Remember when each of us were important in our own ways? That feels like so long ago . . .

• Love 2

“I am absolutely Krillin it today!!!” I don’t think he said that in the original version, and I think the dubbing crew wanted to show that he had his shocking elimination coming. What sucks harder is how the Kais and Beerus turned on him afterward.

Goku stops in the middle of the battle to give super-Saiyan lessons to Caulifla. He really should stop doing that. Kale is all "hands off my girlfriend!" and hulks out, impressing the "Zeni"s and destroying large swaths of the arena in the process.

Interesting spoof of the Sailor Moon transformations with Universe 2. I'm completely with 17 in fighting them while they are in the middle of it. but it's laughable others are taking any of this seriously with the goofiness of everything. 

I don't know who annoys me more; the Universe 2 fighters and their endless transformation, their long-winded Destroyer, or idiot Goku for telling them to restart their transformation from the beginning. Kinda hoping Freeza makes them very, very sorry that they showed up..

The one thing I'm really loving about this arc is actually seeing the Androids together again.  It's like the follow up to Future Trunks and getting to see him interact with the older characters.  While the rest of the story may be a mess I have been enjoying these follow ups.

17 is the voice of reason: no I don't want to fight them at full strength, I want to knock them out as soon as I can and be done. Shut up, Goku.

That main girl transformed looked sort of like Majin Boo? Or not necessarily looked but gave me the same vibes. Squishy, high pitched, using fluffy stuff for fighting (hearts vs candy).

Two universes down.

Android 17 steals the whole episode by getting into role-playing as a villain against Ribrianne's "maidenly anger" routine. Kind of reminds me of characters from the Venture Brothers dropping into and out of their hero/villain shtick at the drop of a hat.

Rozie was totally channeling Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star with her "At-at-at-at-at!"

Gohan demonstrates the value of planning in his fight against the giant teddy bear.

Hit squares off against the Universe 11 Pride Trooper who looks and talks like Jaxxon from the old Marvel Star Wars comic, but without the guns. Goku and one of the other Pride Troopers get involved. Surprisingly, no one is disqualified once the dust clears, although the Pride Troopers get the worst of it before withdrawing.

Anybody keeping up with the Universal Survival arc? Goku finally has his battle with Jiren, gets seemingly vaporized, then returns with something called "Ultra Instinct" that basically makes Whis cream his pants. Robe? Point is, he's been trying to steer Goku towards that for so long, and he's so happy. Meanwhile, the other gods and angels are SHOOK.

Frost and Freiza seemed to team up, as Freiza looks to have double-crossed Gohan . . . but it was just to sucker Frost for the elimination. And when Frost tries to attack from the sideline, the Xenoes negate him entirely. So long, knockoff! At least we'll have the memory of Vegeta achieving catharsis by taking him out quickly in the first fight of universes.

6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Anybody keeping up with the Universal Survival arc? Goku finally has his battle with Jiren, gets seemingly vaporized, then returns with something called "Ultra Instinct" that basically makes Whis cream his pants. Robe? Point is, he's been trying to steer Goku towards that for so long, and he's so happy. Meanwhile, the other gods and angels are SHOOK.

Frost and Freiza seemed to team up, as Freiza looks to have double-crossed Gohan . . . but it was just to sucker Frost for the elimination. And when Frost tries to attack from the sideline, the Xenoes negate him entirely. So long, knockoff! At least we'll have the memory of Vegeta achieving catharsis by taking him out quickly in the first fight of universes.

I have but people were furious on Twitter Funimations dubbed it Autonomous Ultra Instinct and changed the song that played during Goku and Jiren's fight. I guess people were expecting the subbed song but Funimations always change the subbed songs.