Type keyword(s) to search

The Selection - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Surprising myself I enjoyed this entire series. I thought I'd get bored after a couple of episodes. It didn't hurt that hot instructors kept me interested until I got more attached to the participants & that 19 reminded me a lot of an ex-boyfriend that I still have a soft spot for. 11 has had my heart since his "interrogation" reveal & his continued motivation of his teammates, his toughness & his getting through this as the oldest participant simply cemented the feeling. Bring a easy social crier I teared up as the final four got the word they had completed the course. I wonder if this got decent ratings & if they'll do another season. 

• Love 4

Congrats to the four finishers. What a diverse set of reactions too. #12 sobbed hysterically, #19 was in shock, and #2 and #11 were laughing like "we're done?! HALLELUJAH!" I have watched the end of Ironman Wisconsin live in person twice, and I love seeing "the humanity" of these people who are broken down and emotional and so proud of what they've accomplished. If you liked watching the end of this show, you should go check out the finish line of an Ironman near you. It's amazing and makes me tear up every time :)

• Love 2

Anybody watching Special Forces Ultimte Hell Week? It's a BBC show. It's in its second season right now, but the first season was much more awesome. It featured one of the officers from this Selection show, but he had a much different personality then --more hard core, and flat out said he did not approve of women being there! And he yelled so much he lost his freaking voice by the end of his episode! It was so hard core and not scripted. Tons of people were actually injured and it seemed most of the cast was removed by medics. I am watching second season, but it's a basket of kittens compared to the first!

Ugh, he was the one instructor I hated in the Selection.  Major psycho vibes from him, especially in the episode where he repeatedly said he had no empathy for anyone.  Looking at his Facebook page, looks like he has a wife and kids.  I feel sorry for those kids, growing up with that.