Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E00: Guide to Wedded Bliss

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Exactly!  The story blows up because of the lie. Lies will always make things worse.

It's not the crime, but the coverup. We all make mistakes, it's how we proceed after the mistake that is to be judged, that speaks to our character.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

18 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Because now it sounds like a laxative instead of a bed covering? Yes. Much better.

I thought the same thing about Abysmal. I'll take some Rexalyn with that. 

BWAHAHAHAHA - to both of you!

• Love 2
On 12/31/2016 at 9:38 AM, jacksgirl said:

Sorry,  can't quote on this device. Christina,  100 likes for your post.  All Meri has to do is say "Oh my gosh.  I was in a sad place and got taken advantage of. I wish I had relied on the love of my family and let them know about the dark place I was in. I am embarrassed at my actions. I was searching for love and friendship and I was wrong". This all blows over in a few weeks. 

100 likes for you, too! 

• Love 1
On 12/31/2016 at 4:30 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Note that most of that is Christine's doings. Anything to distract her from how unhappy her situation is. She's like Nikki from Big Love and her excessive spending out of boredom and searching for attention. 

Referencing the episode of 1/2/17, for the first time I let my eyes wander to the decor of the wives' various homes.  Excessive spending out of boredom?  See: Meri's entryway.  There's a long shelf just inside her door that was COVERED with Hobby Lobby 50% off clearance merchandise.  I looked carefully at her living room and I don't think there was one flat surface that didn't have several knick-knacks on it.  I also noticed Robyn's house, which is similar to Meri's except her junk is bigger (I mean her knick-knacks, y'all).  And then, as I was looking, I came across THE PORTRAIT and I might have screamed out loud, I'm not sure.  That'll teach me to quit looking at their "decor."

On 12/31/2016 at 6:42 PM, Jordan Baker said:

Abysmal. Sounds like a name Christine might have used had she had another baby.

LOLOL, and it even has the coveted "Y" she includes in all her kid's names (except PaEdon).

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Referencing the episode of 1/2/17, for the first time I let my eyes wander to the decor of the wives' various homes.  Excessive spending out of boredom?  See: Meri's entryway.  There's a long shelf just inside her door that was COVERED with Hobby Lobby 50% off clearance merchandise.  I looked carefully at her living room and I don't think there was one flat surface that didn't have several knick-knacks on it.  I also noticed Robyn's house, which is similar to Meri's except her junk is bigger (I mean her knick-knacks, y'all).  And then, as I was looking, I came across THE PORTRAIT and I might have screamed out loud, I'm not sure.  That'll teach me to quit looking at their "decor."

LOLOL, and it even has the coveted "Y" she includes in all her kid's names (except PaEdon).

I was thinking the same thing about all the crap EVERYWHERE in all the houses.  It covers every surface   All I could think about was dusting  and dust.  I'm a minimalist myself.  All that clutter made me twitchy.

• Love 9
On 12/28/2016 at 2:43 PM, DakotaJustice said:

Watching some of Meri's FB live LLR events, I would not recommend her for any job or career which requires client facing/customer service skills. 

She's coming across as a real bitch. 

Interesting. Did you participate in the FB events? Anything you can elaborate on? 

11 minutes ago, mamey2422 said:

Interesting. Did you participate in the FB events? Anything you can elaborate on? 

I'm one of the 12k or so members of the group. I haven't bought anything - leggings aren't my style unless I'm staying home (got a great pair at the Gap this weekend for $14) or going to visit family. So the chances of me buying anything is remote. It's interesting to watch though. She definitely needs someone to assist. She primarily does FB Live events which really chew up the data, so I try not to watch unless I have a good wifi signal. People keep asking for album sales which is more fair to the customers who have a slow connection, but that would entail taking photos (good ones) of each item, vs what she's been doing which is literally take each item out of the box and plastic and hold it up to her iPhone while peering at the streaming comments to see if it's sold. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

which is literally take each item out of the box and plastic and hold it up to her iPhone while peering at the streaming comments to see if it's sold. 

What a fricking bizarre way to sell anything. Jeez Louise. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I like the wedding photo. It doesn't look Duggarish to me despite the color mishmash. Everybody looks happy and natural. The Duggars always look like they're at a funeral. 

This isn't the picture that came to mind, but this is what I mean by similar. 

http://www.google.com/search?q=jill+duggar+wedding&client=tablet-android-samsung&site=webhp&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjEuoP5s6bRAhWMSiYKHazDCTwQ_AUIBygB&biw=962&bih=601#imgrc=igcVmjM6LuaDQM%3A

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I see what you mean. Goofy wedding photos must be a trend I've managed to have missed so far.

• Love 1

Tony and Mykelti aren't exactly a classy couple, and a tacky wedding was totally expected.  I imagine they will end up in a double wide with three kids under 6. 

Edited by riverblue22
lousy sentence structure
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Yoikes. 

I do not like that dress.  Or the color scheme.  They were my school colors in jr high.  Had to toss that out there.  Was I the only one, that when Mykelti said the family needed to make the flowers and they need about 7000 of them, that said no fucking way prima donna?  IF you are going fabric flowers there are these stores where you can actually purchase them and not make your poor mom go blind.  I also didn't like her attitude or her intended.  I could be TOTALLY wrong, but he seems like a smug asshole to me who thinks he's stumbled onto a wealthy family.  

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I do not like that dress.  Or the color scheme.  They were my school colors in jr high.  Had to toss that out there.  Was I the only one, that when Mykelti said the family needed to make the flowers and they need about 7000 of them, that said no fucking way prima donna?  IF you are going fabric flowers there are these stores where you can actually purchase them and not make your poor mom go blind.  I also didn't like her attitude or her intended.  I could be TOTALLY wrong, but he seems like a smug asshole to me who thinks he's stumbled onto a wealthy family.  

The fabric flowers was Mykelti trying to out-Maddie Maddie in the "my way or the highway" scheme of Pinterest wedding creations.  It didn't work.

And if CCS thinks he stumbled onto a wealthy family, then I'm going to need several minutes to compose myself from all the hearty LOLOLOLOLZ.  Don't let the wet bar fool ya, Tony!  Those McMansions and vacations are going to go "poof" faster than your father-in-law's receding hairline!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sista Snarky said:

Aspyn looks like...

"Get me the hell outta this family already" 

That color on Robyn. Yipes. No bueno. 

I do NOT like Robyn's hair in that updo that is similar to HER wedding updo.  It is unkind to her face.

• Love 3
On 1/2/2017 at 6:50 PM, laurakaye said:

.-knacks on it.  I also noticed Robyn's house, which is similar to Meri's except her junk is bigger (I mean her knick-knacks, y'all).  And then, as I was looking, I came across THE PORTRAIT and I might have screamed out loud, I'm not sure.  That'll teach me to quit looking at their "decor."

On 1/2/2017 at 6:50 PM, laurakaye said:

I do the same thing! Especially with these people! It's my favorite part of watching this show. 

On an episode within the last season I noticed  Christie had a coffee pot &...electric pressure cooker on her kitchen  counter! 

I laughed for the rest of the hour. I LOVE my electric pressure cooker but know soooo many people that are very  afraid & want to form a prayer circle around me  when they hear me mention pressure cooker...based on the  scary giggly ones from back in the day.

Urban myths & legends had more people killed by old school pressure cookers than sharks toasters killer whales snakes tumbleweeds etc.

I want to see Christine hard boil some eggs in it! STAT...while on her 3rd or 4th cup of coffee.

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

Meri looks bright, bright orange in the wedding photo. Yikes!

It's like she rolled around in Tang, shellac'ed Doritos dust all over, and then she nuked herself so that she glows. Santa could have slapped her to the front of his sleigh if Rudolph was unavailable.

Edited by FakeJoshDuggar
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Sista Snarky said:

.-knacks on it.  I also noticed Robyn's house, which is similar to Meri's except her junk is bigger (I mean her knick-knacks, y'all).  And then, as I was looking, I came across THE PORTRAIT and I might have screamed out loud, I'm not sure.  That'll teach me to quit looking at their "decor."

Speaking of the decor - WTF was the thing on the metal stand to the right side of Robyn's door?  At first I thought it was a dress form, but the top looked like a rocket?

9 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Meri looks bright, bright orange in the wedding photo. Yikes!

Probably too much spray tan/bronzer. Whoever is doing it isn't doing Meri any favors. Tanning salons might not be as healthy of a solution but she'd be better off getting some color that way.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Speaking of the decor - WTF was the thing on the metal stand to the right side of Robyn's door?  At first I thought it was a dress form, but the top looked like a rocket?

I wondered the same thing!   So did my hubby. We even paused the show at a time when it was shown pretty clearly and couldn't figure it out.  

12 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

13 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I wondered the same thing!   So did my hubby. We even paused the show at a time when it was shown pretty clearly and couldn't figure it out.  

It seems to be a Rocket Ship shaped GumBall machine.

retrorocket.jpg

33 minutes ago, zenme said:

Ok, the girl is just spending money just to spend now. 

Yup.  I found it for just under $200 at a vending machine company.  Maybe it came from the friendly pawn shop??

• Love 2

Yeah, Robyn needs to keep her hair down. Her nose and chin always look like they are about to touch, and the updo I am sure accentuates that fact. She looks like a Century 21 Agent in that gold coat. 

Mykelti and FT both look very heavy. I hate seeing people so young that overweight. 

I don't think I have seen Kody that close to Christine in a long time. She's beautiful IMO and he's a fool. Janelle looks ok.

• Love 3

I've given the side eye to that gumball machine before.  I could be wrong, but I think she had that in rental.  I would put that in a game basement, but not in my entry way.  Stuff, stuff and more stuff.  No wonder she needs Mindy, her full time house elf to help her.   

PS:  I'm a Harry potter geek.  The house elf reference is a Harry potter reference in case you're scratching your head over the phrase.  House elfs are indentured servants who do their master's bidding.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, toodles said:

I've given the side eye to that gumball machine before.  I could be wrong, but I think she had that in rental.  I would put that in a game basement, but not in my entry way.  Stuff, stuff and more stuff.  No wonder she needs Mindy, her full time house elf to help her.   

PS:  I'm a Harry potter geek.  The house elf reference is a Harry potter reference in case you're scratching your head over the phrase.  House elfs are indentured servants who do their master's bidding.

1.  The gumball machine:  Now we know where Kody keeps his balls, and he only USES them at Robyn's, so he just picks them up at the door on the way in.

2.  Toodles, IIRC, you live in the Las Vegas area.  Next time I'm up that way, I want to meet you for coffee.  We can talk about Sisterwives and Harry Potter until Starbucks closes for the night.  LOL.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

1.  The gumball machine:  Now we know where Kody keeps his balls, and he only USES them at Robyn's, so he just picks them up at the door on the way in.

2.  Toodles, IIRC, you live in the Las Vegas area.  Next time I'm up that way, I want to meet you for coffee.  We can talk about Sisterwives and Harry Potter until Starbucks closes for the night.  LOL.

If you like Potter, go to Bad Owl. It's a Harry Potter themed coffee shop.

• Love 1