Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E00: Guide to Wedded Bliss

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I had forgotten Meri's dress.  Now, I am no Skinny Minnie myself, but I do know that I would not wear a shiny dress that emphasized my less-than-flat midsection.  I will never understand why Meri and her friend gushed over that dress.  It did absolutely nothing for her.  And that entire ceremony was so ridiculously over-the-top and complicated - in other words, just the way the Browns like it.

That said, I'm really starting to hate TLC.  This show was THREE HOURS.  I was certain that my DVR had accidentally recorded the show twice.  I fast-forwarded through Maddie and Caleb's section since I just watched it last week.  I was certain that we'd get a smidge of Mykelti and Tony, or a little bit of Mariah's breathless family announcement.  But instead, we all got three hours of repeated episodes.  I hope the ratings sucked.  And I hate that I contributed to the ratings in the first place.  Of course, this makes me a hypocrite.  I still watch because I still have a small bit of hope that these people are going to start telling the truth, even thought I know better.

I fast forwarded through most of it.  Waste of time. Why didn't they just skip this week? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I had forgotten Meri's dress.  Now, I am no Skinny Minnie myself, but I do know that I would not wear a shiny dress that emphasized my less-than-flat midsection.  I will never understand why Meri and her friend gushed over that dress.  It did absolutely nothing for her. 

I watched part of this trainwreck, including the scene where Meri went shopping. I think the reason Christine's dress looked OK on her is that it was flowing and not fitted over her midsection (unlike the ones worn by Meri and Janelle). I mean, seriously . . . if you watch Project Runway, with their rail-thin models, you occasionally see a dress that is stretched over the midsection and that almost makes these incredibly thin women look as though they have a little paunch . . . and I'm sure they do not. What hope is there for the average woman? Tight-fitting-over-the-midsection (especially in a shiny fabric) rarely flatters anyone.

I was also struck by how Kody almost melted down during the prep for the W(hatever)TF-that-ceremony-was. He really is a child.

As far as hating these people . . . I can't say that I hate them. I don't like some of the adults. I think most of the kids are beyond fine, all things considered. I don't like the lifestyle, but, as other posters have said, it's because of how miserable everyone seems and because of the way the religion regards women. But at least, unlike the Duggars, the Browns don't seem to try to impose their own beliefs on the rest of us or influence which laws are passed. That's something, right?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

I liked Christine back then and now that I'm watching these old clips, I have no idea why I did. That whispery voice and how she over prounounces her T's, not to mention "ink" instead of "ing", omg I almost killed myself she's so annoying. She goes, "Heavenly father would never do that to US." And then, "Honey, her life was changink." Holy shit. 

Everybody seemed so happy. And likeable. What a sad change. 

I can't stand when she YELLS. Whatever she's ranting about on the couch . And Christine was throwing out some bombs about "your friend" "when I was your best friend" at Meri . Jealous much ? Meri just rolled her eyes and sighed.  Christine is what I call LOW DOSE- you can only take her in low doses ?

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lma said:

I thought that was the grossest comment. Your husband is marrying another woman and you're giggling and all horny and wishing it was your night. Can't get down with that, but hey we all have our opinions...

I wasn't saying I thought it was a good thing. I think it's gross, among many other things. But it's very obvious they were in love back then, as compared to now, was my point.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, kassa said:

Oh, those "commitment ceremony" dresses. I had forgotten. How could I possibly have forgotten?!! Those poor women - and I mean every single one. Including the dressmakers.

Logan was a baby! Truely really was a baby!

My heart went out to Meri now in a way it didn't at the time of the marriage to Robyn. As she tied Kody's bowtie, this was a woman in love. Not just a woman who loved her husband. She was very much in love. Big difference. And now she's probably neither.

That scene where Meri  is tying his tie and he's moving in on her, lord knows  there is nothing more of  a turn on than having your first wife help you get ready to marry your forth wife.  I don't get the bachelor party for shit sake , you are not  a bachelor by any means.   Same with the honeymoon.  It's just amazing these offspring turned out so normal.   They were all so giddy weren't they??  Can't tell if they were happy be on tee vee or really surpressing the anger that we now know was there. Thankfully while fast forwarding my DVR  skipped almost all the way through.  Does everyone  here families have a Mission Statement??  I thought so. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

Yes...but it would be an effective way to control Robyn and mess with her life even after the divorce.  Which I imagine he would enjoy if he is as bad a guy as they have made him out to be.

I'm still waiting to see th recipes as to how much of a bad guy he is.

we've seen Stealth Bitch Robyn be a manipulative liar, but no dirt on him.

5 hours ago, MamaMax said:

I have wondered if the problem was not "adoption" per se, but if there was a provision in Robyn's divorce that she was not allowed to live with/have the kids live with a paramour.  Initially she had a separate cottage at the old homestead which may have protected her, but if Kody is part owner of her house, and since the show made it clear that he sporadically "lives" there, Robyn's ex may have been making trouble for them.  So she needed to be legally wed to avoid him suing her for custody.

Just a theory.

The whole religion is nothing BUT paramours!

For the men, anyway.

4 hours ago, DNR said:

About an hour into the episode when Kody was doing those dance moves to the live band ... OMG I laughed out loud , rewound it about 10x , then watched it in slo-mo. Most ridiculous dance moves I've ever seen . Kodys own s******  "Carlton" dance . ???

They all looked like the Peanuts dancing in A Charlie Brown Christmas.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, trose said:

Having the wives eat donuts off of string was a mind-blowing WTF moment for me. Did you notice Janelle "couldn't" bite hers while all the other wives had no problem. How humiliating it must have been for her (and all of them really) to have to participate in such a spectacle. Or maybe it's just me.... Seems cruel to ask women who are clearly struggling with weight and food issues to do such a thing.

I felt the exact same way watching that scene. It really made me cringe.

• Love 2

The problem with the Browns is that they don't understand how TLC works.  TLC is a windfall, not a steady income. Which means it can go poof like a puff of smoke tomorrow. Then what will happen in the cul de sac ?  Forget about the bull crap that TLC is trying to sell, it will be every wife for herself while the Douche and Sobyn will sink together.

The 3 hour show was a colossal waste of time till next week's episode which we are all hoping for one major announcement and will get something stupid like "I'm changing my major." or "I stubbed my toe."

TLC needs to cut the Browns loose because they are not doing them any favours.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Darn you funny people, just when I thought I was out you pull me back in! I figured I could skip this episode because it was clips and filler but now you are making me want to watch it because I want to compare how they were a few years ago to now.

It's worth it for that! Once it got to the more current bits I stopped watching.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Darn you funny people, just when I thought I was out you pull me back in! I figured I could skip this episode because it was clips and filler but now you are making me want to watch it because I want to compare how they were a few years ago to now.

2 minutes ago, thebalconyfool said:

It's worth it for that! Once it got to the more current bits I stopped watching.

Armchair, you'll know to stop watching it when you start to see scenes from last week. I lasted about an hour or so. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, thebalconyfool said:

1 minute ago, trose said:

Armchair, you'll know to stop watching it when you start to see scenes from last week. I lasted about an hour or so. 

Good to know I don't have to sit through all 3 hours

• Love 1

Why were they all saying their weddings were nothing like Maddie's they don't have bridesmaids etc.  Robyn and Kody's was alot like Maddie's .  The sister wives were bridesmaids, Robyn wore the typical white wedding gown and there was a fancy cake.  I don't recall that scene with Meri fixing Kody's shirt or whatever.  They were really flirting, thought the wedding might just get delayed an hour or so!  Meri even said she wished it was her wedding night.  

Just watching it now and you weren't kidding about the chemistry between Meri and Kody when she is tying his tie. It looks like they can barely keep their hands off each other and Mariah is in the background watching them. It really is pathetic and greedy that he couldn't be happy with just one wife and child who adored him.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, lma said:

I thought that was the grossest comment. Your husband is marrying another woman and you're giggling and all horny and wishing it was your night. Can't get down with that, but hey we all have our opinions...

Not to mention that Mariah was watching intently from behind them.   I was so skeeved out

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DNR said:

I can't stand when she YELLS. Whatever she's ranting about on the couch . And Christine was throwing out some bombs about "your friend" "when I was your best friend" at Meri . Jealous much ? Meri just rolled her eyes and sighed.  Christine is what I call LOW DOSE- you can only take her in low doses ?

You mean the "STRANGER MONOGAMOUS WOMAN THAT'S NOT EVEN MARRIED TO YOUR HUSBAND"? Is that the friend you're talking about? 

• Love 3

LMAO at Kody yelling "look at the lens!" and saying that naughty words want to come from his head to his lips when they were getting pictures taken. He is such a dork!

There may be hope for Janelle's son (Garrison?), I've seen him call out Kody a few times and make snarky comments. He just said to Mykelti "what's with the hat?". heeheee

• Love 4

Christine just gave a little speech about deciding to be the best sister wife and not saying somebody else has everything and she has nothing. She is crying on the inside but suppressing it because that would make her a bad sister wife, not the shining example of the benefits of Polygamy like she thinks she is. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Christine just gave a little speech about deciding to be the best sister wife and not saying somebody else has everything and she has nothing. She is crying on the inside but suppressing it because that would make her a bad sister wife, not the shining example of the benefits of Polygamy like she thinks she is. 

It's so odd how she is so fused to the belief polygamy is successful. Her mother, victim of polygamy, is homeless and lives with her. An entire adulthood lived being the "every 3rd day wife" and she doesn't have the skills or education to find a job that pays enough for a studio apartment.  Doesn't Christine look at her mother and see her possible future?  Which child will take Christine in?

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

She kept saying she had to make a "CHOICE" regarding if she was going to be a good or bad sister wife and she kept repeating the word "CHOICE" and I kept wondering why it is ongoing decision to be good all the time. It shouldn't be that difficult to chose being good over bad all the time, every day.

• Love 2

There is someone who was told to stop calling the kids bastards on Cynical Jinx's site who has went to All About The Tea and continues to call them bastards. She seems to take personal offense at the women calling themselves married. Her hatred is not flattering to her, but she doesn't see it that way. Personally, I don't care what consenting adults do, and think that Kody and his wives all think they are married to him. Their show is what sent me in search of information on polygamy, when it seemed that they were lying liars who lie, and found the old Sister Wives Blog. I cannot support religious polygamy now. It's abhorrent and abusive on its face. The polygamists that aired a season on Discovery(?) because they were offended by the Browns' portrayal actually seemed to believe in their religion, but I still can't support it.

I do know people who have had multiple partner and open relationships and they all failed because of jealousy. One lasted a few years, but ultimately they all failed, because jealousy cannot be ignored. They didn't believe their ultimate salvation required it, though. 

As far as the adoption story line,  someone, most like the catfisher, told AATT that Robyn got mad at Kody for supporting Meri in going back to school, and gave him an ultimatum that he marry her or she wasn't going to have any more kids. Kody then whined to Meri about it until she filed for divorce, gaslighting her into thinking it was her idea. She was at her lowest in their relationship, he rarely spent time with anyone but Robyn anyway, and that when they had sex she felt like he was just going through the motions. I think some of this was supported on the show, with Christine trying to negotiate him spending time with her family. 

I don't think TLC knew about the divorce. There were originally going to be a certain amount of episodes, which suddenly had two more added, an About Meri and About Robyn. The producer tweeted something about being up late doing the final editing, and someone posted screen caps supporting the marriage scene outside of the courthouse was recreated. The scene with the attorney had a calendar of a month later into the next year, and he greeted Kody with a "Nice to see you again," when they were making it sound like he had just met him. 

I also don't think Janelle and Christine knew about it when it happened. Kody made a big deal about not disclosing the actual date of the courthouse nuptials, because he considered his religious wedding his wedding date. Only they had re-decorated Meri's house with Christmas decorations, but had also missed some from Easter, I think. Janelle's "What about the taxes?" was probably because she had already done them, not knowing about the marriage. Christine said that she asked to attend the courthouse wedding, only to be told it was over and done with. 

The person who posted the info about finding Meri's divorce and Robyn's marriage was seemingly discredited because, if her story was true, she was looking to see if that internet rumor about him assaulting a maid was true, and wouldn't have looked in the civil database. Only I believe I would have looked through all of them if I was stalking them. It's also how we found out Janelle owed for her trash pickup and Robyn had a hospital lien on her house. Robyn and Kody were known to have been in Hawaii without the TLC cameras for what we now know was their honeymoon, too.

After the divorce from Meri and marriage to Robyn was discovered, the Browns finally released a statement that they had decided to legally restructure their family. It was widely panned, and the new adoption story was cooked up. Robyn said in the meeting with the wives something about the child support situation. She didn't say he didn't pay anything, but we were to conclude that he was in arrears. Only it is unlikely that he would owe her much of anything because her income from TLC is much more than his working in HVAC. She actually looked petrified when discussing whether or not he would agree to it, and said she didn't think he would. Then they released a statement that it was to add her children to his health insurance. Again, people that supported them in the past were disgusted by them. Robyn looked like she wanted to take it all back when she said he showed up to sign the paperwork at the attorney's office in Wyoming. 

The chances that it was actually him signing away his rights is very slim. It just doesn't work the way they showed us. It is much more likely he signed something that would grant Kody guardianship. They then sent the kids off to see that awful man. The attorney that called Robyn to say he had signed the paperwork said he was asking when she was sending the kids. Since she moved out of the state, she was probably the party responsible for transporting them to their visits. We did see her and Kody driving them to the dad's house in the past. Someone on the old Sister Wives Blog reportedly knew them and said that he suffered from severe depression. After Robin Williams died, Robyn posted something about depression tearing families apart. If he did suffer from depression, the adoption story line is even more despicable. It was bad enough they were telling her kids that their dad wanted to sign them away. 

The Browns are lying liars and routinely despicable people. I don't hate them, but I don't watch either. This show is boring as hell, and it is routinely recycled clips. They will never be honest about anything, and I'm not giving them my viewership. I just read here because you all are hilarious.

• Love 12
  1. http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/robyn-brown-leaves-kody-marital-issues-sister-wives/

Don't know why it added the #1, but there it is. Yeah I kind of believe it is true despite whatever spin cycle they continue to promote presently, as if it will affect the show. Does kodster really think we're going to be sooo butthurt over #4 flying the coop? Of course it could be just more spin, this radar article. Just like the whole "I want my wedding in the summer' could have been totally made up , so desperate for drama they are. I mean, it seems like so much is BS, what with all the endless events to distract from the fact it is not all wine and roses.  Meri and Janelle's therapy, good grief. It's ok if people don't want to be best buddies. FFS, just be pleasantly civil- you never know if one of you might have to help the other out someday. Be practical.

• Love 1

I don't hate them, but I have zero sympathy. They are adults who made their choices. Janelle intentionally ( and sneakily) went after her sister in laws husband, Meri agreed to swallow anything and everything to get her crush to marry her, and has proven herself to be a liar for self-preservation, she constantly lacks a backbone, from marrying a polygamist when she can't handle polygamy, to having an emotional affair, to denying it any which way when caught-no integrity. Christine always thought she would be most adored because she's youngest and was newest at the time, I think she may feed off of feelings of superiority - she needs to feel she's better than everyone else, hence the constant exultation of polygamy over monogamy, the constant comparing and proclaiming polygamy the winner, (also probably why she took Robyn the hardest...Robyn became the 'winner'...the younger, skinnier, more desirable....etc). And ugh, Robyn! She got into it for child care. She caught herself while getting ready for their wedding, the kids were running around, tearing up the place while she was trying to get herself together, and she says something like, "I thought I would have.....!,, I thought I wouldn't be alone!" She thought she would have .... Help. That was what she thought. Lol lol lol! The other three were getting mani/pedi's! Oh stupid stupid Robyn! Nobody wants to watch your kids! Lol lol. I also think she got off on being considered the 'hot' one-ugh! Kody even called her a 'hot, soccer mom', ugh, ugh! She also saw dollar signs.

i don't feel sympathy or empathy for lazy, ignorant, willfully delusional people. I don't feel sorry for Michael Scott. I laugh at Michael Scott.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, MamaMax said:

ROBYN looked better before Robyn. 

I have wondered if the problem was not "adoption" per se, but if there was a provision in Robyn's divorce that she was not allowed to live with/have the kids live with a paramour.  Initially she had a separate cottage at the old homestead which may have protected her, but if Kody is part owner of her house, and since the show made it clear that he sporadically "lives" there, Robyn's ex may have been making trouble for them.  So she needed to be legally wed to avoid him suing her for custody.

Just a theory.

It's a good one! But aren't they all - Robyn, Kody, ex, - from the polygamy world? Don't they all know how this works? And that it's the "spiritual" marriage that only counts?...

I think it had more to do with $$, more precisely, Mariah's very expensive school. We're talking thousands! She probably qualified for financial aid as a kid from a single parent home, someone floated that theory out and I think it's a great one. Meri divorced Kody for Mariah. They (Kody and Robyn) probably strong-armed Meri with the fact that Mariah would have to come home, that they can't afford it- Robyn probably refused to pay that much tuition, so someone else's kid can go to a school that in the end will probably cost over 100k. Can you imagine having 5 kids and paying that kind of money for someone else?? 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, trose said:

Ever been to a 12-step meeting? One of the first buzzwords you'll hear is "enabling". Now that I'm aware of it, I notice bubbles/pockets of people who all enable each other in their addictive behavior whether it's food, their substance of choice, or their spiritual beliefs. Having the wives eat donuts off of string was a mind-blowing WTF moment for me. Did you notice Janelle "couldn't" bite hers while all the other wives had no problem. How humiliating it must have been for her (and all of them really) to have to participate in such a spectacle. Or maybe it's just me.... Seems cruel to ask women who are clearly struggling with weight and food issues to do such a thing.

In other words:

Thank you AZCHRISTIAN. (I am also in AZ :)

I tried to watch this weeks episode but they were showing too many scenes from last week's show! It's mindnumbing and starts to feel like some sort of torture to keep seeing the same clip over and over. Don't they know we JUST saw last week's show a week ago? Plus, they play the same scene so many times that by the time the actual scene comes on, we've already seen it many, many times starting with the first time we saw the "coming up next week scene" from the week before. Seriously, how many times have we already seen the scene where Mariah tells her big news? Oh and that reminds me.... It seems pretty evident that the news is going to be that she's...not straight. If it's not, then it's click bait imo. Either way, I'll be watching!

They are all incredibly dysfunctional with lots of damage that they are carrying around. They all need INDIVIDUAL therapy, not the Nancy wacko going on vacations with them. 

• Love 1

That rambling mission statement sounded like a bunch of words out of a thesaurus strung together. Utterly meaningless. 

The whole spectacle was so self-indulgent, trying desperately for some sort of important gravitas. Like we're witnessing an important historical moment. Gag. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, CofCinci said:

It's so odd how she is so fused to the belief polygamy is successful. Her mother, victim of polygamy, is homeless and lives with her. An entire adulthood lived being the "every 3rd day wife" and she doesn't have the skills or education to find a job that pays enough for a studio apartment.  Doesn't Christine look at her mother and see her possible future?  Which child will take Christine in?

Not mykelti. Christine wouldn't let mykelti move back home because that would be "going backwards", so poor 19-YEAR-OLD mykelti had to find some opportunistic doofus that almost pushed her off a cliff, to marry her. I hope when Christine is an old lady with no place to live, mykelti says, "now mom, I would love to let u live with us, but FT and I think that would be going backwards for you and you need to go forwards. Go work at the pawn shop. Yuck. 

• Love 14
46 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I didn't watch this episode but have seen each of their wedding pics & was wondering what was up with the shiny white bag Christine wore. I've never seen a wedding dress with no waist before; weird.

Christine's mother made her wedding dress, I've done quite a bit of clothes sewing in my life.  I suspect that it was made quickly and cheaply.

• Love 4

To carry on the theme of parallels between Kody and Michael Scott from another thread...

My husband and I were making fun of the show.  He doesn't watch except for when I show him a wtf type clip and we talk about the absurdity of it all. We were talking about the Kody/Michael parallel when he was shooting out polygamous versions of "that's what she said". Michael's favorite one line sexual joke.

so.....he came up with a Kody version of "that's what she said"....

""That's what my other wife said!!""

• Love 7

Not sure if I believe that Robyn is leaving Kody...why would she leave now, when she now has everything she wanted?  She's the legal wife, she controls everything if anything happens to Kody, she is the HBIC.  Knowing this, Kody probably kowtows to her at the expense of his other "wives."  She gave the family King Sol, and now Princess Aureiolalala.  She is on top, and she stepped on her beloved sister wives to get there.  Unless she's shopping her own show (which I would not put past her), I can't imagine she's going to leave the cuddle-sac.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

I've never understood the "That's what she said" jokes.  How did it start?  Who is 'she'?  Is it in reference to a movie I've never seen?

Don't know if I can explain this, but I'll try: They're just lame sexual jokes. Picture two guys hanging out together. Every time Guy #1 says something harmless, like "I've got a headache," or "I want a hot dog," Guy #2 says, "That's what she said!" 

"She" is supposed to be Guy #1's sex partner, who may or may not be real. Guy #2 is turning every comment into a sexual joke. That's all it is. Sometimes it's stupid, and sometimes it's pretty funny. Probably used in a movie somewhere, but far older than that. Hope that helps.

(Though I think "That's what my other wife said!" could be even more fun.)

Edited by okerry
  • Love 9
51 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

I've never understood the "That's what she said" jokes.  How did it start?  Who is 'she'?  Is it in reference to a movie I've never seen?

36 minutes ago, okerry said:

Don't know if I can explain this, but I'll try: They're just lame sexual jokes. Picture two guys hanging out together. Every time Guy #1 says something harmless, like "I've got a headache," or "I want a hot dog," Guy #2 says, "That's what she said!" 

"She" is supposed to be Guy #1's sex partner, who may or may not be real. Guy #2 is turning every comment into a sexual joke. That's all it is. Sometimes it's stupid, and sometimes it's pretty funny. Probably used in a movie somewhere, but far older than that. Hope that helps.

(Though I think "That's what my other wife said!" could be even more fun.)  

The "that's what she said" joke has been around since long before me I think.  I don't know exactly where it comes from, but I can remember teen boys thinking they were really funny using it.  It's just one of those juvenile male jokes...but I think it was made more mainstream through The Office show.  It's an American crass version of "innuendo" I guess.  Usually when a guy says something that has nothing to do with a sexual comment...but if taken out of context can be turned into a crass sexual comment with the addition of "that's what she said", cue the drum...ba dum bumm.

My husband is now having a lot of fun with "that's what my other wife said"...he will quickly run it in the ground I'm sure, but we had a good laugh. :)

• Love 1

Could you imagine being one of the guests at that commitment ceremony or whatever it was? I noticed their "audience" didn't even have drinks. Just when I thought the damn thing was over, the kids decided to all say something. Then again just when I thought it was over, they planted a fucking tree. I kept wondering how much more torture they were going to put these people through, and for what? And did you love how they all walked down the aisle at the beginning of the ceremony as if they were royalty? 

The only person I feel sorry for is Meri. I never did before but the more I think about it, the more sympathy I have. She was quite young when she married Kody, am I right? I really think she was so in love with him that she thought maybe her love would change his mind about polygamy. Was he completely honest with her about his intentions? Even if he didn't change his mind I don't think she anticipated him marrying her sister-in-law. As Meri got older, I think she did realize what a big mistake she made but it is very hard to just up and leave somebody you deeply love. 

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 7

And wasn't Mariah standing right there in the doorway when Meri said it?  Eesh is right.

The whole thing was uncomfortable on so many levels.  At least for me it was.  But Meri seemed happy as a clam, Kody was beaming, and Mariah seemed just fine with it all.  Actually, Meri seemed the happiest and most in love that I've ever seen her in that clip ... where she is fixing the bowtie of husband (of like 15? years) so he can go marry another woman, giggling about how she wished she was the one who was going to get to have sex with him that night.  Instead of this other woman.   HAPPY.  Tickled pink about the whole thing.  

Boy how things have changed since then ... they all seem like different people.  Except Janelle, of course.  Who here was it that dubbed her "Eeyore?"  It's the most spot-on observation ever made about anyone on this show, lol.  I giggle every time I think of it.  It's up there with calling Josh's wife Anna "Goody Duggar."  Real PTV classics! 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I don't hate them, but I have zero sympathy. They are adults who made their choices. Janelle intentionally ( and sneakily) went after her sister in laws husband, Meri agreed to swallow anything and everything to get her crush to marry her, and has proven herself to be a liar for self-preservation, she constantly lacks a backbone, from marrying a polygamist when she can't handle polygamy, to having an emotional affair, to denying it any which way when caught-no integrity. Christine always thought she would be most adored because she's youngest and was newest at the time, I think she may feed off of feelings of superiority - she needs to feel she's better than everyone else, hence the constant exultation of polygamy over monogamy, the constant comparing and proclaiming polygamy the winner, (also probably why she took Robyn the hardest...Robyn became the 'winner'...the younger, skinnier, more desirable....etc). And ugh, Robyn! She got into it for child care. She caught herself while getting ready for their wedding, the kids were running around, tearing up the place while she was trying to get herself together, and she says something like, "I thought I would have.....!,, I thought I wouldn't be alone!" She thought she would have .... Help. That was what she thought. Lol lol lol! The other three were getting mani/pedi's! Oh stupid stupid Robyn! Nobody wants to watch your kids! Lol lol. I also think she got off on being considered the 'hot' one-ugh! Kody even called her a 'hot, soccer mom', ugh, ugh! She also saw dollar signs.

i don't feel sympathy or empathy for lazy, ignorant, willfully delusional people. I don't feel sorry for Michael Scott. I laugh at Michael Scott.

But, but Christine said (in one of the earliest episodes) Kody DESERVED a trophy wife!!  How could bringing Robyn in be a bad idea?

Happy, happy Christine was the most jealous of all.  Walking off the set when she found out kody picked out Robyn's wedding dress is the sign of a sister wife thrilled with the new trophy wife, right?

And Robyn, a trophy wife?  Just no.

• Love 8
On December 26, 2016 at 4:23 PM, Nowhere said:

I liked Christine back then and now that I'm watching these old clips, I have no idea why I did. That whispery voice and how she over prounounces her T's, not to mention "ink" instead of "ing", omg I almost killed myself she's so annoying. She goes, "Heavenly father would never do that to US." And then, "Honey, her life was changink." Holy shit. 

Everybody seemed so happy. And likeable. What a sad change. 

Nowhere!!!! Whyyyyy! Now I cannot unhear Christine's "iNK" instead of "ING...' Officiate-INK' ... 'Wedd-INK' How could I not have noticed it before? Thanks a lot lmao dammit! Now another thing to add to her Yellling&interuppting , the stuffy nose sounding voice, the breathy voice .  What an annoying woman who saddled  her kids ridiculously spelled names.

*** have to add Christine's Kardashian Vocal Fry.   Grrrrr

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

They are all incredibly dysfunctional with lots of damage that they are carrying around. They all need INDIVIDUAL therapy, not the Nancy wacko going on vacations with them. 

They seriously need to fire Nancy. The Browns go to therapy, listen to Nancy's well intentioned advice, but turn around and do whatever they want regardless. It's a waste of time and money for them.

Just now, DNR said:

Nowhere!!!! Whyyyyy! Now I cannot unhear Christine's "iNK" instead of "ING...' Officiate-INK' ... 'Wedd-INK' How could I not have noticed it before? Thanks a lot lmao dammit! Now another thing to add to her Yellling&interuppting , the stuffy nose sounding voice, the breathy voice .  What an annoying woman who saddled  her kids ridiculously spelled names.

I like the name Aspen even though I think most city-influenced first names are pretty tacky. 'Mykelti' is a bit of a nightmare though. Christine must've been on another sugar high when she thought of that one. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, NotEatingKale said:

They seriously need to fire Nancy. The Browns go to therapy, listen to Nancy's well intentioned advice, but turn around and do whatever they want regardless. It's a waste of time and money for them.

Not even sure if what they're showing actually counts as therapy. They seem to dance around sensitive stuff.  To me it's "pretend" therapy for television--they take things that are bothersome within the family for filming but don't seem to dig down to the bedrock of the issues. Maybe we just don't get to see that stuff........but Janelle and Meri still cannot ride in a car together so, yeah. 

• Love 2

What an annoying woman who saddled  her kids ridiculously spelled names.

It's a Mormon thing;  maybe they want to stand out on the Family Wreath.  There are whole websites devoted to the bizarre ones.  Samples for your snarking pleasure:

Kayzin
AnnDe
Tymberlee
Tivian JoLyn
JaKoby
Rexalyn
Zoei Reign
Embyr Serenity
Lenyx
Jazlin
Riglee
Roczen
Torrick
Gannon LaMar

Edited by Kohola3
Misspelled one name - I think....
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

It's a Mormon thing;  maybe they want to stand out on the Family Wreath.  There are whole websites devoted to the bizarre ones.  Samples for your snarking pleasure:

Kayzin
AnnDe
Tymberlee
Tivian JoLyn
JaKoby
Rexalyn
Zoei Reign
Embyr Serenity
Lenyx
Jazlin
Riglee
Roczen
Torrick
Gannon LaMar

Oy. Sounds like 70s Buck Rogers' or Battlestar Galactica characters. Like bad fiction writing about the future. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, DNR said:

To add to Christine's annoying ways, she gave each of her kids a name that contained the letter "Y"...except the one child whose name would be a perfect fit for a "Y" - Paedon.  She could've spelled it Paydon, Peyton, Peydon, etc.  WITH A "Y" like all of her girls' names!  But she didn't, and it BUGS ME.

• Love 6