Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Columbia

On 1/8/2017 at 3:15 PM, shanndee said:

I will keep vicarious tabs on the train wreck through all of you. :)

This, plus immense amounts of schadenfreude as the show tanks (and thereby saves Pitch), is me.

• Love 1

I am conflicted! I’m curious. I love me some twistory, peoples' relatively positive comments above are making me question my hold-out status, but I have so much ill feeling after all the manipulative rubbish in season 2 and 3. I don’t trust them, and I don’t want to give it my time.

I read something somewhere about how TPTB will often tank a show if its audience is not conforming to their target demographic. Eg. too many women either in it, (or possibly female viewers) for a show they were trying to skew to a male audience. And probably vice versa - although I don’t think that they are as worried about that.

Maybe last incarnation SH’s viewing demographic wasn’t fitting where they intended, hence the reboot. But I guess who cares? I’m probably not their target audience anyway, I certainly got the message at the end that they didn’t care about me as a viewer.  So, we’ll probably leave it at mutual dislike.

I’ll be reading the comments here though. Always entertaining.

Three (still holding grudges into 2017)

• Love 3
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Three said:

Eg. too many women either in it, (or possibly female viewers) for a show they were trying to skew to a male audience.

This show still has more women in the cast of Good characters than men anyway (Ichabod and the Nerd Guy; Diana, Alex, Jenny plus the Magic Daughter).

Edited by CooperTV
On 1/10/2017 at 2:36 PM, Zipper said:

I've thought this over, and my negative reaction to the episode is not so much about what transpired in it or even the reframing in location, focus, or co-stars.  My primary objection is:  they took away a full-grown woman, who had analytic, investigative, and intellectual skills; developed senses of compassion, empathy, and trust (with a healthy dose of skepticism); as well as wit, charm, and cunning; and in her capable stead, they gave us a 10-year old child. 

We spent three years hearing all about the witness bond, the importance of that above all else.  How is a parent/child relationship supposed to work in this dynamic?  Molly is a cute kid, but unless she has super powers (which would irk the shit out of me), what can she possibly add to the witness duo?  She's got mad drawing skills?

I get that there may be many reasons, with or without NB's desire to leave the show, to do a reset.  Maybe they honestly believe that TM is the center of the show, and they didn't know how to work around the incredible chemistry he had with NB.  True, TM would have some chemistry with a broom, but NB was a powerhouse as his partner.  So perhaps she took light from him that the Show wanted more focused.  I have no idea, and I'm done trying to read between the lines of their ridiculous interviews.  But the consequence of this change is a fundamental shift in what made this show so great for me-- a team, facing otherworldly challenges, where success or failure hung on their partnership and the strength they drew from it.

I like kids on TV.  Some much more than others (Trixie on Lucifer rocks).  But I am not the slightest bit interested in any further examination of IC's parental side.  The Jeremy story line was interesting, and could have been amazing had the Show not automatically proceeded from there to the disaster that was StruggleWitch and the CFD.  But that was certainly enough-- now IC has a partner that likely requires protection from all manner of things, risks that Abbie could handle alone or with her team.  We now apparently have a witness that, as an ordinary 10-year old, has a bedtime; should not watch PG-13 movies; and likely has an insufficient exposure to literature, history, or religion to assist in the kind of riddle/logic problem the witnesses routinely confront.  Gross, Show. 

I've been reading all the comments here (and hoping for cancellation, not gonna lie) and this is the part that most skeeves me out. I haven't watched, but the idea of putting all that was Abbie, and her relationship with Ichabod into a child??! Really, show?? 

And because it is so gross, it makes me wonder if their primary reason for doing it was to make damned sure that no one... NO ONE... would get on the path of shipping them. "Not ever going to have Abbie... Even in spirit, Ichabod." Because that would be creepy, now that she's a freaking kid. Ew.

A final "f*ck you" from the show to whatever Ichabbie fans might remain in the viewing audience.

So glad I'm not watching. Just waiting for the notice that it's officially buried.

• Love 1
On January 7, 2017 at 5:15 AM, CooperTV said:

Janina Gavankar is a gorgeous woman. And Tom Mison has really beautiful eyes.

I only watched five minutes of this shit.  They replaced a black woman with a generic WOC, how fucking typical.  TV does that all the time these days.  Oh well, I won't miss this shit.

• Love 1
On 1/6/2017 at 8:39 PM, Court said:

I forgot this show was on until it showed up on my DVR. Then I got all pissed off because Abbie isn't here anymore. I can't decide if I should watch or delete it.

Same here, lol.  So I gave the first episode a try and it just doesn't work for me.  They should just call it Not Sleepy Hollow since it's not even in Sleepy Hollow anymore.  Too many new characters for yet another reboot, lore that's made up as they go along, and plots that are all over the map.  I expect this one to be cancelled before the season ends.