Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Tiaras Make You Tipsy

On 1/5/2017 at 10:37 PM, HunterHunted said:

Stanbury is so angry and snappish. If you had a baby that was this agitated and inconsolable, you'd be at your pediatrician constantly. Yet she won't be vulnerable and admit that she isn't loving the idea of moving to Dubai. Her whole "I hate rules" shtick is the most juvenile and amateurish of misdirection. They touched on how ridiculous it is at the Mapperton dinner. Stanbury likes rules just fine when it keeps her cabbie from charging her £100 to drop her off at the pub. She loves rules when it means that her plane leaves on time or that her rented yacht gets to dock in St. Tropez. She adores her own rules when it means she gets to scold or banish one of her friends. I wish CarFlem had told Stanbury to go suck a lemon dessert.

I can't hate on Marissa's stealth bitchery when it's aimed at Stanbury and Juliet.

Can't.  Stanbury doesn't do fruit. ;-D

• Love 11

Okay, I know Stansbury is a bitch but I find her most compelling of all these women. I think she's really depressed and lashing out as a self involved woman would do. She's lost the business which is also a huge public blow to her ego. She's losing her sister in law as divorces impact more than the couple. Inlaws can really be drawn into it. She's now moving to another country in another culture. 

Looks to me as if she's freaking out in general and of course won't admit it. So she's being uber-bitchy and defensive. I get it. I wouldn't want to hang out with her but I find her interesting to watch.

I think Marissa doesn't want to move as she'd lose this show. That husband wants out NOW and I think she better agree. The look on his face during their gross sex talk tells me he'll think about moving without her if she doesn't agree soon.  He seems over all this crap. 

I just don't like Julie. At all. And look, she's crying again next week. Ugh. I'm from Chicago and have a friend from near her hometown. She's from farm country and she needs to remember that. She says she does but I think she's trying to "overcome" it. Her attempt to become "to the manor born" crap is annoying me as much as it does Stansbury. I know Sugar Grove, Toots. And you're more of that than Lady Whatever. Own it and be proud. You're coming off as pretentious.

Juliet is useless. Sophie annoys me and I'm sorry she's getting divorced but 30+ women getting too drunk and aggressive is gross. Not provocative. 

Fleming is so cool. I have nothing else to say.

That Adela woman is a sad case and needs to stay off TV and away from drunks. I'm afraid she'll break if the wind blows.

• Love 4
On 1/8/2017 at 7:54 PM, Roxy said:

Okay, I know Stansbury is a bitch but I find her most compelling of all these women. I think she's really depressed and lashing out as a self involved woman would do. She's lost the business which is also a huge public blow to her ego. She's losing her sister in law as divorces impact more than the couple. Inlaws can really be drawn into it. She's now moving to another country in another culture. 

Looks to me as if she's freaking out in general and of course won't admit it. So she's being uber-bitchy and defensive. I get it. I wouldn't want to hang out with her but I find her interesting to watch.

I think Marissa doesn't want to move as she'd lose this show. That husband wants out NOW and I think she better agree. The look on his face during their gross sex talk tells me he'll think about moving without her if she doesn't agree soon.  He seems over all this crap. 

I just don't like Julie. At all. And look, she's crying again next week. Ugh. I'm from Chicago and have a friend from near her hometown. She's from farm country and she needs to remember that. She says she does but I think she's trying to "overcome" it. Her attempt to become "to the manor born" crap is annoying me as much as it does Stansbury. I know Sugar Grove, Toots. And you're more of that than Lady Whatever. Own it and be proud. You're coming off as pretentious.

Juliet is useless. Sophie annoys me and I'm sorry she's getting divorced but 30+ women getting too drunk and aggressive is gross. Not provocative. 

Fleming is so cool. I have nothing else to say.

That Adela woman is a sad case and needs to stay off TV and away from drunks. I'm afraid she'll break if the wind blows.

I think everyone, but Stanbury, gets it. I understand Stanbury not discussing this in Jules or Marissa's presence, but she's not even admitting it to people she does trust like Cem, Rania, Luke, Victoria, Juliet, or Sophie. So what we end up watching from her is a person who is hurting, but refuses to admit it and then goes about alienating everyone who cares about her. It's interesting to watch, but a little unpleasant.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5
On 1/5/2017 at 5:18 PM, TheFinalRose said:

I don't think it's unfairly dogpiling on Marissa. She just filmed up to the door of the delivery room where she was perhaps about to die giving birth; then in tears related the horror of finding her newborn grey-looking and of rushing her to the hospital where they made it in time, (her words). So suffice it to say it was a head spinner to hear she went across the pond and left the baby pretty soon afterward. As a mom, I didn't understand it, and neither did Caroline F or Juliet or the other black haired woman who raised her eyebrows at it when she heard. 

Ehhh, I don't blame Marissa for this.  I do feel like she verbalized that she was too overwhelmed when Sadie was in the hospital; that she wanted a break from what probably seemed to her to be an unending life-or-death situation isn't, I think, unremarkable.  And I'm fairly sure that though all this happened during filming, Marissa didn't have final say about what footage made it to air, so it seems odd to me to say she made these choices consciously.  

I don't know; I've had two children, and you're just totally insane after birth for so many reasons.  After something so apparently scary, I can't bring myself to blame anything Marissa does to make herself feel more normal again. 

• Love 3

I get really bad vibes from that baby nurse. She oversteps her role completely and the 6 month rule of no friends touching is outlandish. Baby's immune system is strong from the transfer of maternal antibodies developed during gestation and through breastfeeding.  She seems the possessive type that would abscond with the baby.

I know there are safer ways to drink and nurse and it's not necessary to abstain completely but getting shit faced?  She must have a pretty regular pump and dump schedule. 

• Love 3

Some babies who are born prematurely have issues regarding their immune systems and if they become ill it can be dangerous.  The Nanny took a hard line to protect Sade.  As I said earlier in this thread my friend had a nurse to help her with her one year old twin girls and her premature son.  The nurse was very strict with visitors when they came to see the baby but my friend was grateful that the nurse took the heat off of her so she did not have to be the bad guy.  The nurse was a godsend for her when it came to her chain smoking in laws. 

• Love 1

I think the disconnect between Marissa's cautious but basically friendly reception of Juliet and the snide "didn't want her to come over/sage" comment shows that something else blows up between them in between what we've seen and the recording of the talking heads.  That's usually a "tell" in Real Housewives show -- if the level of bitterness in the talking heads outstrips what we're seeing in real time on that night's show, fireworks ahead.

Stansbury... I know a lot of these women have been friends with her for 20 years.  But with the exception of her sister in law, these might have been the kind of friendships where you are at the same dinner parties or weekends multiple times a year.  She's a hoot to sit next to, she will keep you roaring with laughter about other guests, especially once she figures out who you mutually don't like.  But now you're signed up to do a show together and you're sensible and realize that you don't trust her and you don't really want to behave that way on national/international television.  And she's late to shoots, monopolizes conversations and story lines, is wildly disrespectful to just about everybody (again, on television) and obviously feels like she's the star of the show and you are less than.  So you back off.  And once she says she's moving to Dubai... why hitch yourself to that wagon?

Julie in the previews saying that Caroline S. did a good job finding the house in Scotland... of course she had to RENT it. Oooh.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, kassa said:

Julie in the previews saying that Caroline S. did a good job finding the house in Scotland... of course she had to RENT it. Oooh.

Which, really, is such a ridiculous comment and sad attempt to burn Caroline. What was she supposed to do, buy an estate in a different country because she was hosting work colleagues (because really, that's what half of them are) for a weekend?

I find Julie to be excruciatingly pathetic.

• Love 6
On 1/4/2017 at 10:38 AM, poeticlicensed said:

I actually think the blog is interesting and nice to look at, but I find it truly bizarre that all the pictures are of her and she alone models the clothes. Juliet is tiny, which is fine for jeans and short dresses, but she looks ridic in gowns. Check out the front page of her blog, she is wearing a purple velvet nightmare that looks like it escaped from a old movie theater. And it is miles too big.

I know nothing about making money off the Interwebs, but I have to ask, is a blog a business, I mean, does it make money? I presume that if it did, it would be from advertising. I see some, but is that enough to turn a profit? And she needs two, count em, two assistants? I thought she was a personal stylist. What happened to that?  

Looked awful on her.