Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Prickly Like A Cactus

Tensions surround Nikita, forcing Jamie to reach out to Joey Gibbons for a solution. Also: Overworked Louise hits the breaking point when the staff hosts two separate groups of guests, and everyone races to keep rockers isolated from a wholesome family; Cynthia and Colston plan dates for each other; and Jenna questions her relationship with Mark.

Yikes.  Did we just witness personality transformations?  WTF is going on?  Did we not get to witness a meeting with Joey?  Or did everyone take a 'chill' pill?

Still can't stand Mark despite his efforts to make that little boy enjoy the visit. 

Nik is still a bitch.  Jamie is getting there.  Love Louise but hated that she made the first step and apologized to bitch Nik.  Sorry Louise, Nik should have been apologizing to you.

The Australian guy on the date was all sorts of skeevy...not scrubbed clean. 

I liked how the 'rockers' handled the situation with the conservative family.  They know how to clean it up in a given situation

Enough with Jenna and Mark.  I don't care.  Boring....

• Love 3

It has taken me 5 episodes to realize why Nikita looks so familiar to me. Nikita looks so much like Tom Sandoval from Vanderpump Rules that it's actually distracting. They could be twins. 

Nikita:

IMG_4633.JPG

Tom Sandoval:

IMG_4637.JPG

217AD41D-5B5C-4641-BA96-50374FE23A86-9235-000004D85B43DA69_tmp.png

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 10

Jaimie and his namby-pamby, I'm Ok, You're OK way of speech is super-annoying and unprofessional.  Just spit it out, for Pete's sake.  Also, he looks sloppy, sweaty and unpolished all the time

This doesn't mean I like Nikita or think she shouldn't be fired.  But even with good staff I don't think he'd make it easy.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Nik is still a bitch.  Jamie is getting there.  Love Louise but hated that she made the first step and apologized to bitch Nik.  Sorry Louise, Nik should have been apologizing to you.

No kidding.  Nikita should be the one doling out apologies because she's the one who's been an obnoxious a-hole.  I had to roll my eyes when Nikita said Louise's tent was "acting crazy for attention."  Pot, kettle, a-hole.

I thought the rocker chicks were fun, I'd like to hang out with them for a weekend.  

• Love 2

I was pleasantly surprised by how great Mark was with the kid.  He may be a clingy arrogant douche, but there's alwys hope for people who are good with animals and/or kids.

Jenna needs to go back to LA stat.  Canadians are probably just as tired of her as she is of them.

Jamie and Nikita giggling together was bizarre, but putting Mark's butt on Tinder was inspired.

Previews look JUICY.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I was pleasantly surprised by how great Mark was with the kid.  He may be a clingy arrogant douche, but there's alwys hope for people who are good with animals and/or kids.

I wasn't that surprised because he has been working with kids for years, that is how he met Colston he was his ski instructor when he was 8 or 9.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

so if I was following correctly, both groups arrived mid-day on one day (went biking/skiing) and left mid-day the next? What kind of vacation is that?

I understand almost nothing about this place/this kind of getaway--the accommodations, the fraternizing with staff, the schedule...

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

It has taken me 5 episodes to realize why Nikita looks so familiar to me. Nikita looks so much like Tom Sandoval from Vanderpump Rules that it's actually distracting. They could be twins. 

Nikita:

IMG_4633.JPG

Tom Sandoval:

IMG_4637.JPG

217AD41D-5B5C-4641-BA96-50374FE23A86-9235-000004D85B43DA69_tmp.png

It's the eyebrows.

I think if I were a rocker chick, I might be a tad miffed that it was assumed I didn't understand social cues and that it was assumed I would freak out a "normal" family.  As if these 50+ ladies have no manners.  Pfffttt. 

I thought everyone was lovely.  The Nice family, the Rocker Chicks and the staff.

Even Mark.  I have officially decided to like him once he got over himself. I reserve the right to change my mind. ....

Love how everyone got along.  Even Nikita.  I think she likes Jamie in spite of herself and the Tinder bonding moment was fun to see.

All in all a nice moment in scripted reality TV where everyone pretty much got along most of the time. 

• Love 2

I still don't understand the concept of this lodge. I get the chef and the housekeepers and the bartender/handyman living on site. But three action/sports people and I like Jamie, but what the fuck is he there for? By the looks of it, the Aussies are picking up his slack. Seems to me like the lodge could save some money by giving Jamie the boot and handing his responsibilities to Louise, who's been doing it all anyway.

I like Jamie but he's all talk. I don't see him going above and beyond the call of duty or making the impossible happen for these guests. Also don't get why he's having a drink with the guest while her friends hit the slopes. He couldn't think of any activity that's more fun for her to do? Where was her spa day?

Nikita continues to be an attention whore with a super fake high-pitched squeal. I think I actually liked her better when she was giving everyone the silent treatment. 

Loved the rocker chicks!! I'm shocked a lodge like this would host two very different groups at once but I also don't think everyone needed to panic over it. Most of those women are mothers. They know how to deal with other parents and children. If they wanted to get crunk they'd go to Vegas or NYC. I don't think they were looking for a wild time. Also loved the adorable kid. The look of sincere gratitude on his face when he got a bowl of clam chowder was precious. I very much enjoy when the guests behave a million times better than the staff. It seems like a total role reversal, but at the same time, how shitty can you be when you're on vacation?

• Love 3
22 hours ago, OnceSane said:

It's the eyebrows.

21 hours ago, biakbiak said:

And the teeth.

And the face. 

She's a lot saltier than Tom ever was, though.  Hated that disingenuous "Let's just squash this" in lieu of an actual apology to either Jamie or Louise.

• Love 2

I find Nikita so straight-up irritating that it's becoming increasingly difficult to watch this show. JAMIE, YOU DESERVE BETTER!

Also, side-eye to Jenna for her continuing "OMG, stalker, back off" treatment of the guy she literally just slept with like two days ago.

• Love 2