Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Alert - OJ Did It: The Murders of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown in the News

So, way back in April, this doc-series was supposed to be called "Hard Evidence: OJ is Innocent" and was supposed to be a six-part series. Since then, the title was changed to add some, uncertainty, and has been cut back to three episodes. 

Martin Sheen (!!!) narrates and produces (at least that was the plan back in April) and had this to say at the time:

"We got the deal, so let us make the series and then we can have that dialogue," Sheen told E! News' Sibley Scoles on the WeDay red carpet in Los Angeles on Thursday.

Note to Martin Sheen: WE DO NOT NEED ANY MORE DIALOGUE. 

Here's a preview. From the looks of it, they're trying to pin it on Jason, OJ's son. So, was OJ merely just sitting in the car yelling, "Stab 'em faster, Jason! I got a plane to catch!"? Guess we'll find out.

A podcast I listen to discussed the OJ case at length while the Ryan Murphy miniseries was on and they floated the idea of Jason as a possible accomplice.  There is just no way that OJ didn't commit these murders.  He wrote a freaking book telling HOW he committed these murders.  Give it a rest, ID.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Kromm said:

So the idea is that OJ is a saint of an overprotective parent who "took the rap" for his son? (except... he didn't, since he got off for it)

Yes, such an overprotective saint of a father that he left Nicole's babies alone, and most likely to discover their mother's butchered body.  Thank God for Kato - the dog.

• Love 5

Here's some decent speculation about Jason being the "real" murderer. None of this accounts for how OJ's own blood was at the crime scene or that the bloody gloves belonged to OJ or that even Nicole herself knew OJ was going to murder her. 

For me, it only proves that Jason was a psychotic douchebag -- just like his dad. (Who is a murderer.) 

Edited by Guest

All of that info about Jason comes from the PI who has been stalking and accusing him for decades. Part of the "evidence" is medication he found in Jason's trash that's used to treat "rage disorders" and seizures, so... yeah. Of course it's possible Jason is violent, considering who raised him. But either way it doesn't matter. OJ wouldn't sacrifice himself to save anyone. 

• Love 3

I have no background on how this documentary came to be, other than the non-stop promos I'm seeing. Does anyone know what's the point? He was acquitted, so it isn't as if this series is going to help get him out of prison for his unrelated crime. And as far as the court of public opinion, I doubt anyone is going to change their mind. And if they do, so what?

15 hours ago, hkit said:

I have no background on how this documentary came to be, other than the non-stop promos I'm seeing. Does anyone know what's the point? He was acquitted, so it isn't as if this series is going to help get him out of prison for his unrelated crime.

Come to think of it he is up for parole in October of next year..

• Love 1
17 hours ago, hkit said:

Does anyone know what's the point? He was acquitted, so it isn't as if this series is going to help get him out of prison for his unrelated crime.

Because these days, nothing is a settled matter on basic cable. There was a History Channel (!!) show on called The Hunt for Hitler where "investigators" were going to "prove" that Hitler didn't commit suicide in his bunker. I think there were five episodes of that utter nonsense. 

On 12/26/2016 at 11:20 AM, RedheadZombie said:

Yes, such an overprotective saint of a father that he left Nicole's babies alone, and most likely to discover their mother's butchered body.  Thank God for Kato - the dog.

That fact ALONE will make me hope that rat bastard suffers for the rest of his life.    Listening to the (re-enacted) voicemail Sidney left on the condo's phone the next day asking her "Mommy" where she was and to come get her broke my heart.  

• Love 3

There's a part of me that hopes that somebody else did indeed kill Brown and Goldman. OJ was tried and acquitted; you could find a video that OJ filmed of himself murdering his ex and her friend and nothing can be done. The double jeopardy clause of the Fifth Amendment prevents that. But if there's proof somebody else did it, then there's hope that somebody pays for ending their lives and gives the victims' families closure.