Type keyword(s) to search

DuckTales - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So I was basically Launchpad this whole episode, geeking out and squeeling over everything Darkwing Duck related. I dont think that there has been any confirmation from the people behind the show, but this definitely seems like a backdoor pilot to see if there is interest in a Darkwing Duck spin-off, and I am very much interested! This was so good, as both a nostalgic 90s kid watching a revamp of one of my favorite childhood cartoons, and just a really fun and well written show. I would love to see what the rest of the show would be like, presumably with Launchpad splitting his time between shows and DW and Gosalyn showing up for crossovers with this show, I think it would be a blast. I love this version of Darkwing, and he and Gosalyn already are on their way to have a nice relationship, and I like that they will apparently continue the thread of her looking for her grandpa if the show gets picked up, which I certainly hope it will be. Also glad to see that Owlson is finally being appreciated, or should I say Mayor Owlson! 

So many great lines this week, I cant even pick a favorite. "Criminal located in the abandoned toy factory district...there's an entire district for that?" 

"I thought if anyone of us got arrested it would be Louie"

"I'm as surprised as anyone." 

I loved the return of the running gags of Scrooge not remembering Darkwing, and Darkwings petty one sided feud with Gizmoduck. However, Darkwing totally loves his tech guy Fenton, who must hate stupid Gizmoduck, of course...

Bonkers! I never expected for him to pop up, he wasn't even on the poster! Plus now, with a whole multiverse established where all fictional stories are portals to alternate universes, we have all kinds of crossover opportunities, even if the universe opener thing is broken, thats just too good a plot device not to use. Did Scrooge and the boys end up in the old Ducktails? Because multiple versions of multiple characters all teaming up sounds like a great season finale. They at least have to do some dimension hopping for adventures. 

As much of a supervillain as he is, you really have to feel for Bradford, trying to run a nice orderly evil secret organization, but he keeps having to deal with his ridiculously Extra employees who want to go all out in their supervillainy, ruining his attempts at subtlety. "What did you want, an unmarked helicopter?" "YES!" 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7

Poor Owlson! I hope that a) she finds stable and peaceful employment or b) she loses her shit entirely and becomes a frighteningly competent supervillain. No other options are acceptable. 

Of course, I was grinning throughout this episode; the original series is an alternative dimension! Bonkers as security! I'm also glad of the brief mention of Dewey and Webby's close friendship. While I'm glad that Webby now has other friends, I hope Duck Tales stays away from just grouping the friendships based on gender.  

• Love 6
On 10/20/2020 at 5:52 PM, tennisgurl said:

Did Scrooge and the boys end up in the old Ducktails?

Yes! I loved when they got zapped into original Ducktails! I can't remember what that original episode was about, but I definitely remember Scrooge screaming "A sea monster ate my ice cream!!!"

I just can't get over how well-done this entire re-boot has been. Are there cartoon Emmys? Cuz this show/episode surely deserves one!

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Yes! I loved when they got zapped into original Ducktails! I can't remember what that original episode was about, but I definitely remember Scrooge screaming "A sea monster ate my ice cream!!!"

I'm embarrassed that I remember this, but it was from a multi-episode story where Scrooge and Glomgold were competing to see who was the richest duck in the work, which required that they send their money somewhere to be weighed.  Scrooge disguised his in shipments of McDuck-brand ice cream, but the ships were attacked by a sea monster that was actually a submarine belonging to Glomgold.

...I'm a doctor.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

"Escape from the ImpossiBin"

So after this episode a lot of people are speculating that Beakley might be involved with FOWL. I really hope not...but she might have a history with them.

LOL at how Donald was on the suspects board only for them to realize that he's too klutzy to pull it off.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

"Escape from the ImpossiBin"

So after this episode a lot of people are speculating that Beakley might be involved with FOWL. I really hope not...but she might have a history with them.

LOL at how Donald was on the suspects board only for them to realize that he's too klutzy to pull it off.

She absolutely has a history with FOWL.  We learned that back Season One with "From the Confidental Casefiles of Agent 22!"

52 minutes ago, johntfs said:

She absolutely has a history with FOWL.  We learned that back Season One with "From the Confidental Casefiles of Agent 22!"

Let me rephrase that: she might have more going on with them than what we already know.

• Love 1
On 10/26/2020 at 9:21 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Let me rephrase that: she might have more going on with them than what we already know.

In truth I think we'll eventually learn that

Spoiler

Webby's parents were FOWL agents that Beakley captured/killed before taking Webby to raise as her grand-daughter.

because if there's one thing Disney loves more than anything, it's

Spoiler

dead parents - especially dead Moms.

Edited by johntfs

So now we are really getting into the F.O.W.L plot now that we know that Bradford is in charge, and so the Duck family tries to prepare for their next attack, and of course, hilarity ensues. I am curious if Beakley really does have some extra backstory about why she is being so intense about this. It could just be that she still remembers what a threat they were in her spy days, but maybe its something else as well? Possibly tied into wherever Webby's parents are? 

Not too surprising that Della is practically jumping for joy at getting to fight a hall full of death traps, or that Louie is just very concerned about how all of this is going to affect his future inheritance. Scrooge was so confident in his traps that he was willing to buy them lunch if they beat them, but Bradford still managed to sneak past! He has all of Scrooges passwords and knows how he runs his business, and just refuses to indulge in silly villain drama, so this is going to be a tough fight, even for the Duck family. Also, among possible F.O.W.L operatives are Lil Bub, a Beagle Boy, Fenton (he did accidently go on a date with a F.O.W.L agent, I guess it could happen again, poor sweet duck that he is) Donald (who is very upset at the implication) and Louie, who is even drawn with an evil expression! 

Louie: "Is it weird that the "most dementally dangerous minds" are all friends of ours?"

I always love seeing past characters show up, even if no one was having a particularly good day. Poor Gene. Of course Goldie went back for the water from the fountain, she might have softened a bit in her last appearance, but Goldie gonna Goldie. So we are now getting updates on both the F.O.W.L plot AND the treasure hunt plot. 

• Love 3

Well, it was really good to see the way the characters found their inner strength. Lena has already her inner strength by rejecting Magica and turning good and she got Huey to tap into the rage he's been hiding for his inner strength, He goes and gives Steelbeak an atomic wedgie and ties his laces together. I wonder just how many scenarios Lena let Huey try out, While Louie and Violet were trying to pull off a con, as it turned out, they are actually even more imposing in real life than their fake personas. Violet just downed those spices like Westley in the Princess Bride having developed a tolerance to them and helped fight off Magica. Of course, Louie is already a notorious con artist in his own right so naturally the underworld is already aware of what he's done. Webby and Dewey found their strength in friendship and Scrooge's inner strength comes from his bond with his family. 

What are they going to do with that feather? Are they going to clone Scrooge? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DrScottie said:

What are they going to do with that feather? Are they going to clone Scrooge? 

That or track McDuck DNA, either through this world or through the multiverse. 

Loved that Lena and Huey's part turned into a Jojo episode. Seriously, Lena stops time and creates a time loop, and The Duke of Making a Mess is clearly a stand. They were in Istanbul instead of Egypt, but I call it close enough, too.

Steebeak saying "you bazaar adventure is over!" only made it glaringly obvious.

• Love 5
On 10/30/2020 at 8:18 PM, johntfs said:

In truth I think we'll eventually learn that

Reveal spoiler

Webby's parents were FOWL agents that Beakley captured/killed before taking Webby to raise as her grand-daughter.

because if there's one thing Disney loves more than anything, it's

Reveal spoiler

dead parents - especially dead Moms.

This is pretty the theory I'm running with, although another one I'm entertaining is

Spoiler

Webby's parents worked against F.O.W.L. and were killed and Beakley doesn't want them coming for Webby as well. However, the Harp of Mervana's last "She's fibbing, fibbing, fibbing"

makes me lean towards the first one.

I am loving these recent episodes, they are so amazing. Fingers crossed for a season 4!

• Love 1

The Duke of Making a Mess fights a lot like Donald. Interesting that Donald's rage was channeled into protecting the kids and Huey also had to find a way to channel that rage to help the family. Louie and Violet in the underworld was delightful. Particularly how Violet was able to keep her cool despite her mouth being on fire. I did get a kick out of the fact that Louie had this whole con going but his actual identity was what the real deal was.

I do wonder when Fenton is going to come face to face with Gandra Dee again. She's neck deep in FOWL while he's helping Darkwing Duck and St. Canard but those two have to meet up again at some point.

I, too, wonder what the deal with that feather is. Will they clone Scrooge? It seems a little super villainy which is not something Bradford is into. Or is it some sort of biological DNA trick to get into the money bin or something? Who knows?!

• Love 4
On 11/2/2020 at 10:53 PM, Galileo908 said:

Loved that Lena and Huey's part turned into a Jojo episode.

You thought it was F.O.W.L behind this whole plot BUT IT WAS I, DIO! 

It was cool seeing some mixing of character pairing, especially Huey and Lena. I think this is actually the first time that Lena has really hang out with any of the triplets with Webby, so that was cool to see. All of the plots worked well, and they all tied into each other with finding your inner strength, but in ways that seem very like the characters. Webby has to be more confident when things don't go as planned (while Dewey has so much confidence that he basically turns into Daredevil while blinded) Louie learns that telling the truth can accomplish more than running scams sometimes (not too surprising that Louie is already well known in the criminal underworld) and Huey learns that he can be angry sometimes and doesent have to hide that part of himself (his anger has a very Donald like vibe) and has a very Jojo esc adventure, which was especially cracking me up. 

Does Fenton know that Gandra Dee is in F.O.W.L? I feel like they will have to have a face off sometime soon. At least, Gandra Dee should hope that its Fenton who she runs into, if she runs into his mom instead after she hurt Fenton's feelings...

Did you catch the Glomgold poster in the background at the bad guy bar? Apparently he has been writing bad checks! I also caught several other minor bad guys in the bar, like some of the sky pirates and the bank robber couple from Tokyolk, this show really is impressive about building its world and using continuity to add texture to everything. 

Not sure what the evil plan is exactly, my first thought is cloning, but it could be a lot of things. Creating something to takedown everyone in the Duck family line? 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3

“New Gods on the Block”

YES, the return of Daisy!!! Glad that it worked out despite Storkules almost messing everything up. Poor Donald, he set up the houseboat so nicely too...despite throwing the trash bags into the pool.

And I loved that Daisy’s rage was enough to keep the monster in check before the kids finished him off.

LOL at Storkules referring to Donald as “my Don-Don”. 

Yay, they kissed! Storkules is thrilled bring their third wheel.

Next time have Daisy interact more with Della and the boys. Just throwing it out there.

• Love 5

Donald is so proud of Daisy. Whether it's her budding career as a designer or just being Daisy. When she screamed at Chronus and Storkules was all 'What power does she have to do that?' Donald replies 'That's all Daisy!'

Also, Daisy's shriek of horror when Chronus ate Donald was kind of hilarious.

The way Donald set up the houseboat was so cute!! But, yeah, the trashbags in the water was... not. "Am I swimming in garbage?!"

A little insight into Daisy was fun, too. 'You do not need another man who needs saving!' Also the talking herself out of being with someone who needs a mother and can't figure out how to take the garbage out. 'But he's so cute and I really feel like I can be myself with him...'

The rescue and kiss (even with her appalled reaction to Donald getting lava vomit on her) was so stinking cute. I LOVE THEM!!!

I also really liked Della being the Mom in this episode, really doing her best to encourage and bolster the kids and then finally telling Scrooge off for his careless disregard for them.

And finally? Goth Hades.

• Love 6

I am so happy that Daisy is back, she and Donald are so cute together, even in the midst of hijinks and danger! Its so sweet how proud Donald is of Daisy and her fashion designing and screaming at the Titan, just Daisy being Daisy. I also liked the whole bit where she was trying to talk herself out of dating Donald (I don't want to be his mom!) but also going back to him again (I can be myself around him!) then of course the angry mythological monster ends up bringing them together anyway. I guess Storkules really called it, surprisingly enough. 

Nice to see Della really going full mom this week, supporting the kids, encouraging them, and then reading Scrooge the riot act for not appreciating the kids enough and seemingly giving up on them as not worthy of adventuring with him. I really hope that we can see Daisy interact with Della soon, as well as the rest of the family. 

Storkules and his never ending devotion to the awesome that is Donald never stops being one of the best things ever, I always like seeing him and the rest of the Greek gods, even Zeus, major league ass that he is. This episode had a lot of fun shout outs to Greek mythology, most obviously Zeus defeating and imprisoning the Titans in the backstory and the Titan eating people but everyone coming out of its stomach fine, which is basically a kid friendly version of the actual origin story of the Olympian Pantheon in Greek mythology, but also stuff like Louie getting the Midas gold touch (and it going as well as it did with Midas), goth Hades hanging in the underworld chatting with Poseidon (who are both laughing at Zeus's misfortunate) and an apparent cameo by cupid, who is apparently a pig. Can we please see goth Hades again, and maybe bring some of the other gods?  

Not gonna lie, a team consisting of Penumbra, Quackfaster, and D'jinn going on adventures does sound pretty awesome. Not enough for Scrooge to dump the kids, but I would totally watch an episode about them having adventures. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Louie getting the Midas gold touch(and it going as well as it did with Midas)

That part did remind me of the Golden Goose episodes too,  

47 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I am so happy that Daisy is back, she and Donald are so cute together, even in the midst of hijinks and danger! Its so sweet how proud Donald is of Daisy and her fashion designing and screaming at the Titan, just Daisy being Daisy. I also liked the whole bit where she was trying to talk herself out of dating Donald (I don't want to be his mom!) but also going back to him again (I can be myself around him!) then of course the angry mythological monster ends up bringing them together anyway. I guess Storkules really called it, surprisingly enough. 

They are absolutely great together. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Loved "The First Adventure" with young Della and emo young Donald. It's just a shame we no longer have Russi Taylor on the voice.

I thought Christina Vee was a fine replacement. But yeah, it's weird hearing someone OTHER than Russi Taylor using that voice.

But other than that, loved this episode. I've liked the last few, too.

Really loved seeing the origin of FOWL, and sorry Bradford, you're a supervillain, despite how hard you try to say you're not one.

• Love 5

You know Bradford, if you have to keep insisting that your not a supervillain, maybe its time to take another look at your life choices. He might have had a point about how all of the wacky hijinks of SHUSH (and later the Duck family) is costly and causes a lot of trouble, especially as an accountant, but I feel like creating a shadowy villainous organization to rule the world is probably not the best way to handle those problems. You really do have to feel for him a bit though, just trying to run a proper shadowy conspiracy, while all of his colleagues insist on cackling evilly over their overly complicated death traps.  

It was really fun seeing the first adventures with Scrooge and young Della and Donald, tiny Della and Donald are adorable. The return of Emo Donald was so very welcome. "You can't mute me, old man!" *tosses guitar out the window* It also served as a good callback/forward to the start of the show where Scrooge had given up adventuring and become even grumpier than usual until he had his young niece/nephews foisted on him out of nowhere when their parent was in the hospital, who he took on an adventure which rekindled his spirit for excitement. 

I would totally watch more flashbacks with Ludwig von Drake and later Mrs. Beakley as head of SHUSH. Plus you know that the reality warping map that can only be found by Scrooges heir is going to come into play again, its just too powerful to be forgotten. Also nice seeing the living Duckworth for a little bit. 

The skeleton bird was kind of creepy, as were his logs about how he crew all drowned on long and he was apparently killed by the scroll when he asked to escape. You have to watch those wish granting magic items, they're always looking to mess with you. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Plus you know that the reality warping map that can only be found by Scrooges heir is going to come into play again, its just too powerful to be forgotten. Also nice seeing the living Duckworth for a little bit. 

I would have to imagine it would too. 

Scrooge relayed the story of the Treasure of the Golden Suns which was the pilot to the old cartoon, but he said he came away with nothing from it. The plane was coated in gold at the end of it and the nephews (Huey, Duey, Louie) were there for it so I thought that was odd. 

Keeping with the James Bond motif of the episode, Scrooge said his cane was a Von Drake Action Cane PPK. James Bond's gun was a Walther PPK. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DrScottie said:

Keeping with the James Bond motif of the episode, Scrooge said his cane was a Von Drake Action Cane PPK. James Bond's gun was a Walther PPK. 

First mentioned in the first Agent 22 episode.

And I we finally got to truly see the pogo cane getting used! That was my favorite part of the episode.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

First mentioned in the first Agent 22 episode.

And I we finally got to truly see the pogo cane getting used! That was my favorite part of the episode.

I had forgotten they mentioned it then too. Thanks for reminding me. 🙂 

As for the awesome pogo cane, any reference to the DuckTales video games are most welcome. The Moon Theme, very much used during Della's time there, is still considered one of the best NES music pieces ever. 

I have a bad feeling that Pepper is going to wind up being Webby's mother.

And so that we're clear: Matilda isn't Della and Donald's mother, right? The letter Scrooge got when Donald and Della first came to stay with him was from Hortense (I think).

2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I have a bad feeling that Pepper is going to wind up being Webby's mother.

And so that we're clear: Matilda isn't Della and Donald's mother, right? The letter Scrooge got when Donald and Della first came to stay with him was from Hortense (I think).

Yes, Hortense is Donald and Della's mother. If I remember correctly, the story of lighting a firecracker under their dad's chair and sending him to the hospital is canonically how the nephews ended up with Scrooge.

On to the episode, I loved Matilda. Helps that Michelle Gomez (Missy!) was voicing her. Pepper ended up being great, too. Again, helped that Amy Sedaris was voicing her. I don't think Pepper is Webby's mom, you'd think they'd be able to recognize each other.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 4

Never a dull moment at Castle McDuck! This week we get to meet even more relatives, Scrooges sister Matilda, launcher of hairbrained schemes and owner of pet emu's, oh wait sorry, owner of investment opportunity emu's! Poor Webby was just trying to help her favorite Scottish duck family, but she accidently let out a bunch of old family baggage, which when your family is several hundred years old, is a lot of baggage. Especially when even the ancestors get into the mix, with Fergus even having a very similar argument with his statue dad as he has with Scrooge. Of course the triplets know that some squabbling is totally normal for siblings, while only child Webby totally freaks out about one fight, thinking its a much bigger deal than it actually is. 

The McDucks both trying to flip their giant stone table and failing miserably cracked me up, that was a great visual gag. Also liked seeing the demon dog wandering the halls, now leaving everyone alone. 

Pepper seems like a fun new character (Missy!!) as the F.O.W.Ls most perky minion and her interactions with the Phantom Blot were a lot of fun. Not too surprising that most of F.O.W.L wants to avoid Phantom Blot, even for an evil organization (sorry Bradford, it is what it is) he is pretty creepy. It was weirdly kind of sweet that he and Pepper actually bonded. "The magical world will fear the Phantom Blot...and Pepper!" 

The "Pepper as Webbys mom" theory is interesting, it could work if Pepper left early enough that they might not recognize each other, but would Pepper not even know her daughters name? I don't quite buy it, but I do think that whatever happened with Webbys parents and why she is being raised by Beakley will be tied to F.O.W.L

I am so excited for next week! Will we finally find out the story behind the beef between Santa and Scrooge?

• Love 2
16 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The "Pepper as Webbys mom" theory is interesting, it could work if Pepper left early enough that they might not recognize each other, but would Pepper not even know her daughters name? I don't quite buy it, but I do think that whatever happened with Webbys parents and why she is being raised by Beakley will be tied to F.O.W.L

Remember, they are ducks. They hatch from eggs. Della and the triplets never actually met until she returned from the moon, because she left before they hatched. If Pepper is Webby's mother, they probably never met before either. Pepper is definitely related to Webby and is a big sister or aunt if not her mother. Apart from having the same enthusiastic personalities, their eyes/eyelashes are animated in the exact same way.

• Love 2

So we finally found out what went down between Santa and Scrooge. And the whole feud was because the two of them had a falling out over Scrooge being a Scrooge. Show of hands, who saw that coming? *raises hand*

Whoa Webby went DARK pulling that knife out on Santa.

”I’ve never crashed a flying reindeer before!” Oh Launchpad. Thank goodness Beakley was there to stop him.

So how long do we have to wait for the next new episodes?

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 5

Its finally time for our Christmas special, complete with Yuletide opening and closing sequences, and we finally find out what Scrooge's feud with Santa is really about...Scrooge being Scrooge and being very Bah Humbug about the Christmas spirit of giving. That was a really fun Christmas episode, last season we got a Christmas Carol plot with a twist, this year we got a Saving Christmas plot with a twist, with a healthy heaping of How The Grinch Stole Christmas. So it turns out that Santa and Scrooge were pals and business partners back in the day (WAAAAY Back) so much that Scrooge was a major part of Santa's origin story, helping him find the adorable reindeer, the elves, the magic that lets him deliver all of the toys, even the coal, until Scrooge let his greed get the better of him. 

So many alliterations this week, but my favorite had to have been Greedy Glaswegian Grinch, it really just rolls off the tip of the tongue. 

Scrooge does have a tendency to forget that it isn't the 19th century anymore sometimes, so coal is less of a boring practical gift and more of a big middle finger to kids who are just going to think they're being punished or messed with. The "coal is for bad kids" thing actually did originally arise as a sort of boring practical gift for bad kids while good kids got fun toys before coal stopped being used in most places to warm houses and it just became a bad kids gift. Scrooge even left an invoice! 

Louie taking pictures of his new phone with his current phone killed me, I have so seen those pictures. 

Nice seeing some small cameo's, even if it was just their presents. B.O.Y.D made the nice list, while Doofus most certainly did not, neither of which are surprising. We also got to see the whole cast for the first time in awhile helping out with the last minute present giving, I would totally listen to Della reading Christmas classics but with more violence in them. Also, damn, Webby was about to cut somebody when Santa showed up! 

I hope that we don't have to wait too long for new episodes. 

• Love 3

First off, there is absolutely no reason for Disney to cancel DuckTales.  None.  Another great show being canceled for no reason.

The Christmas episode was great and I loved the reveal of Scrooge being Scrooge with the gifts.  DuckTales always delivers with episodes like this.

• Love 8

Disney bails on great shows like this and Wander Over Yonder, but wants a million episodes of the bizarrely annoying Parker Plays and the incredibly dull Player Select. Ugh. Even though I miss it, I'm glad Gravity Falls got to go out on Alex Hirsch's terms instead of getting screwed over.

I enjoyed the Christmas special, though not as much as the previous season's. As soon as Hugh Bonneville was announced to be an upcoming guest-voice I knew he would be Santa and was not disappointed. Some of the little things that I enjoyed were the triplets excitement over the reindeer, Webby realizing the crossbow was for her, Santa forgetting which leg was supposed to be injured, and of course Launchpad and Beakley.

• Love 3

I am super bummed to hear that this is the last season, its such a great show that I wanted way more. So was it cancelled by Disney, or did the show runners just decide to wrap up? A bit of both? Either way, this is really disappointing. On the plus side though, there will be more episodes next year and a big finale that that is already in the works, so we will at least get a definitive finale, and a Darkwing Duck spin-off is now in early development, so we don't have to say goodbye to Duckburg quite yet!

Now I'm sad, like getting a lump of coal and an invoice on Christmas morning...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, benteen said:

First off, there is absolutely no reason for Disney to cancel DuckTales.  None.  Another great show being canceled for no reason.

Is there a petition to sign?

On 12/2/2020 at 7:28 PM, tennisgurl said:

I am super bummed to hear that this is the last season, its such a great show that I wanted way more. So was it cancelled by Disney, or did the show runners just decide to wrap up? A bit of both? Either way, this is really disappointing. On the plus side though, there will be more episodes next year and a big finale that that is already in the works, so we will at least get a definitive finale, and a Darkwing Duck spin-off is now in early development, so we don't have to say goodbye to Duckburg quite yet!

I'm upset about it too. This has been one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. I wonder if a factor behind it is because the show seemed more geared towards people who watched the cartoon in the 80s as opposed to children today. I skip past all the commercials after Louie asks me to do his chores for him. 

• Love 6
On 12/2/2020 at 6:47 PM, benteen said:

The Christmas episode was great and I loved the reveal of Scrooge being Scrooge with the gifts.  DuckTales always delivers with episodes like this.

I agree. This show is too good to have this short of a run. It should have had 5 seasons, at least.

I do look forward to see how the gang will deal with FOWL at the end of the season. It's just a shame that will be the last we see of the show.

• Love 1
On 12/2/2020 at 6:00 PM, Popples said:

Disney bails on great shows like this and Wander Over Yonder, but wants a million episodes of the bizarrely annoying Parker Plays and the incredibly dull Player Select. Ugh. Even though I miss it, I'm glad Gravity Falls got to go out on Alex Hirsch's terms instead of getting screwed over.

Parker Plays and Player Select are probably really cheap to make.  It's people playing video games while talking about video games.

It's back on February 22!

TALESPINTALESPINTALESPINTALESPINTALESPINTALESPINTALESPINTALESPINTALESPINTALESPINTALESPINTALESPIN!

I think that was supposed to be Rhinokey from The Wuzzles. It hits right in the childhood.

Edited by Popples
  • Love 5

The series finale is on Monday, March 15, 2021, and is titled "The Last Adventure!".

The Duck Family will wrap up their mysteries and adventures in the 90-minute DuckTales series finale.

Disney announced that DuckTales finale will air Monday, Mar. 15 at 7 p.m. ET/PT. In the finale, titled “The Last Adventure!,” the future of adventuring hangs in the balance as the Duck family uncovers earth-shattering secrets in a final standoff with the Fiendish Organization for World Larceny (F.O.W.L.).

A dramatic reading of the DuckTales theme song by the cast:

Edited by Popples
  • Love 2

Enjoyed Beaks in the Shell although with few episodes left, I wish it had focused on the core characters.  Still, it was enjoyable and one of the many reasons I'm such a fan of this show because they can do these fun stories with recurring characters.

She broke Louie!

• Love 3