Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

DuckTales

The reporter asking Beaks “Why are you still a thing?” was definitely a highlight. LOL everyone is so over him.

I love how Fenton’s mom was so gung-ho interrogating everyone about Fenton’s girlfriend, breaking even Louie in the process, only to immediately hit it off with Gandra the second they met. Oh, and she knows he’s GizmoDick now?! Must have missed that.

Poor Gandra. But we know she’ll be rescued/escape in the finale. Which I still can’t believe is happening. 😭😭😭😭

• Like 4

It's crazy that Louie of all people, who brags about being able to see all of the angles, is the last person to find out that Fenton was GizmoDuck. And Mamá Cabrera knew about his scam charity "Louie's Kids".

I laughed way too hard at Gyro's realization of which triplet they were interrogating. "Red Nephew?! Red Nephew?! GREEN NEPHEW!" Plus the fact he just cannot be bothered to learn their names.

• Like 3

Very glad that Gandra wasn't actually evil, but merely using F.O.W.L.'s resources.

I had certainly hoped that was the case as it would have devastated Fenton and earned the wrath and fury of Mama Cabrera. 

6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Poor Gandra. But we know she’ll be rescued/escape in the finale. Which I still can’t believe is happening. 😭😭😭😭

I still don't like the show's cancellation either, but at least it's leaving with a full-length finale unlike some shows. In the meantime, I'll enjoy it while it's still on. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DrScottie said:

Very glad that Gandra wasn't actually evil, but merely using F.O.W.L.'s resources.

Up until the end, I didn't really believe that Gandra was telling the truth about not being loyal to FOWL.

This was a nice way to end the Mark Beaks storyline: he runs out of tech to steal, so he's a has-been. LOVED that he turned into Andross from Star Fox 64 at the end! That was the best.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

9 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

This was a nice way to end the Mark Beaks storyline: he runs out of tech to steal, so he's a has-been. LOVED that he turned into Andross from Star Fox 64 at the end! That was the best.

Thank you! I was trying to remember where I had seen that boss battle with hands and a head before. I hadn't played that game in 20 years. I think there were some Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest games with that too later on, but I suspect they were going for the Andross battle. 

I loved the Excelsior! after beating him too which I took as a tribute to the late great Stan Lee. 

On 2/22/2021 at 12:03 PM, Spartan Girl said:

The reporter asking Beaks “Why are you still a thing?” was definitely a highlight. LOL everyone is so over him.

"Its very, very sad." 

This is a rather bittersweet beginning of the end of the show. Its so sad that the show is almost over, but I am relieved that at least they have the chance to give the show the big finale that it deserves. This was a fun episode, I am glad we got some follow up with Gandra and Fenton, I am really glad that she isn't actually evil. Its lucky for her too, the wrath of Bradford and FOWL would be nothing compared to the wrath of Mamá Cabrera if she found out Gandra broke her sons heart. Don't mess with Mamá Cabrera, not even Louie is a match for her. 

I love how Mark Beaks has basically tanked his company running evil schemes and has totally run out of ideas on his own, I'm sure Glomgold would sympathize. Its really impressive how big the cast of characters this show has built is, how well defined every character is and you can see a real consistent arc to them, even the supporting cast. Gyro has even stuck to Fenton being upgraded from unpaid intern to "Doctor Intern" from back in the BOYD episode, and actually said some nice things about his work...still working on them names though. "Wait. Red nephew. Red nephew? GREEN Nephew!"

On 2/22/2021 at 12:03 PM, Spartan Girl said:

. Oh, and she knows he’s GizmoDick now?! Must have missed that.

If memory serves, she casually let Fenton know she figured it out during the Moonlander Invasion. "I'm a detective and your mother." 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 4